PDA

View Full Version : What was the point?

Grimace
07-21-2014, 09:03 PM
in regards to the new arkbreak content, what was the point? i would have rather you guys fixed the 50/50 chance on dc'ing or hard freezing then add even more stuff to a broken concept, there great yeah, when you can actually get into one, and then its a race against time until you dc or hard freeze.

and seriously it's not my game installation or my isp or anything like that

it perplexes me, why can i stand at sutro for 6-8 hours logged in leaving it for hours and still come back to a working unfrozen console, where if i actually try to do anything in game that crosses a "border" into something else if freezes?

Also is there an updated ETA of when F2p will hit consoles, like even a expected month yet? or is it on indefinite hold?

kinda been waiting for that 1k arkforge you guys said we would get on the 15th, so even a we'd like to get it out in December or anything would be better than the info we were given

Smiit
07-21-2014, 09:07 PM
Well good sir Ill explain to you what the point was. It may seem suprising to you, but the general demand for new content in the game is larger than the demand for server issues to be fixed. You see the people that have played he game since release have had to deal with worse and have perservered through these tough times. To a new player lag might seem like more of an issue. But to the people who have seen and done everything in the game multiple times get tired and bored of it. At this point trion is trying to keep its fanbase active and alive while at the same time fixing the game.

Grimace
07-21-2014, 09:16 PM
You see the people that have played he game since release have had to deal with worse and have perservered through these tough times. .

been here since s1ep03 when they first introduced seiges m8, please don't preach one posts in the forums should not be a factor when you speak to others

and i do have to say of ALL the people i started playing this game with maybe 3 if that still play it at all

i'm annoyed at the fact that "fixing the game" means adding new things in the shop and more broken content, trio over the past year have had a history of this, "to the new player" it may not seem like an issue, but I for one enjoy my console, and this game ,and would like to be able to play it without getting dc'd every 30 mins to an hour.

anything else to add smiit?

AshbyHeadHunter
07-21-2014, 09:27 PM
Been here same as Grim (one of the 3 he mentions) and yeah i would actually like to enter the arkfall i call down rather than getting disconnected or hard frozen for once. Agree with grim as well we have seen a few big issues ignored that majorly effect gameplay to the point of completely restricting the ability to do so.

Dont get us wrong the new content excellent, very happy to get it..... be even more happier when i can actually take part in it....

Smiit
07-21-2014, 09:41 PM
Didnt mean to make you mad sorry. I understand what you guys are saying. The reality of the situation is that trion doenst care about fixing the game. They only care about the money they make. Adding this new content keeps the fanbase active so trion can say they have people play-ng the game. That was the whole purpose of making the game free to play. Sorry again my mistake didnt know.

Grimace
07-21-2014, 09:53 PM
anger isn't and wasn't directed at you m8

AshbyHeadHunter
07-21-2014, 10:31 PM
sorry bud no anger aimed at yourself

Rasczak
07-22-2014, 12:31 AM
I'm on PC, been here since launch (off and on), and regardless of what we've dealt with in the past, here we are heading toward a year-and-a-half since launch and Trion still can't get their act together. Even on PC, I am disconnecting like crazy at Incursion final events, inside Arkfalls, and in Co-Ops.

It's beyond ridiculous at this stage. They can introduce all the new content they want, but until there are stable servers, I won't be spending one penny on Trion Worlds.

Escyos
07-22-2014, 02:03 AM
The point was that it is awesome crossover content. Accept that.

Rasczak
07-22-2014, 02:04 AM

Was it? I wouldn't know. I haven't managed to stay connected through an entire Grid Arkfall yet to actually see it all. Accept that.

Monkerlotus
07-22-2014, 02:11 AM
anger isn't and wasn't directed at you m8

The only anger I am directing is at your use of numbers in place of spelling simple words. :mad:

Escyos
07-22-2014, 02:19 AM
Was it? I wouldn't know. I haven't managed to stay connected through an entire Grid Arkfall yet to actually see it all. Accept that.

Well the fact that I have, on an old computer ALL the way in Australia, I think the problem must be on your end.

SirServed
07-22-2014, 02:22 AM
I did it earlier at TL10 and I enjoyed myself. While I can't say the same for most of the other people there (no less than 10 deaths each), I do feel it was much more work for the same reward as a generic minor Arkbreak. Working as intended?

Pandur
07-22-2014, 02:29 AM
I did it earlier at TL10 and I enjoyed myself. While I can't say the same for most of the other people there (no less than 10 deaths each), I do feel it was much more work for the same reward as a generic minor Arkbreak. Working as intended?

Suffers from the same scaling problems as everything. At TL3 it was easy and a pretty decent reward for that, much better than the usual Arkbreak. Only slog being the Communication.
Crank it up to TL10 and it's much more work for basically the same reward.

hardy83
07-22-2014, 04:24 AM
The people who develop content are not the same people who manage network stability. I don't know why people continue to use that argument.

That said, the amount of disconnects is unacceptable. They really need to get off their butts and focus on that issue.

Kanah
07-22-2014, 04:42 AM
The map seemed strangely... familiar. So I'm sure it didn't take them very long to do.

Pandur
07-22-2014, 04:45 AM
The map seemed strangely... familiar. So I'm sure it didn't take them very long to do.

Well at least Dekuso took part in the fashion sale by buying a recolour.

CRIXDA
07-22-2014, 07:54 AM
*yawn*.
Gulanee repaint: Check.
Ark interior reskin: Check.
Crystals (comm dealios) for destroying: Check.
Reskinned Mutants: Check.

Hmm....what did I leave off.....
KICK *** FUN ARKBREAK???? CHECK LIKE A CHAMP!!!
Sure, Dekuso's cousin is hanging out in there and it isn't anything that we haven't really seen before but it is new and it is cool and fun and DIFFICULT.
I love it and so do a lot of my shooter friends.
Now, I didn't get any disconnect issues like I used to but I have recently replaced my router (a much needed upgrade) and that cleared up nearly all of my Defiance woes. (Not ALL, nearly all.)
I have been playing this game almost every day since the Beta dropped and I have suffered, oh...long have I suffered.
But I would have EVERYONE enjoy new things and ENJOY THEM TOGETHER.
Having said that, I hope that DC issues and Lockups can get fixed, Lagstorms and so many other things can be solved so what we have now isn't lost and what we gain stays.

Kibblehouse
07-22-2014, 08:13 AM
I think the point is new content is always good. And that not everyone is seeing the problems that you are. You are not the only one getting DC'd I know, and that should be fixed. However many others are having different issues, or no issues at all. But as mentioned above, Content and Stability are handled by different teams within the organization, wouldn't make sense to stop deploying or developing content to work on stability because they are handled by different people (for the most part)

I don't get DC'd much at all, but on a good day I have to wait 1 minute or 2 for arkfalls to "paint" on my screen before I can join in, and on a bad day Bossfights and sieges pause 5 or 6 times and I wait around for things to unfreeze. Yes it would be nice to have this worked on, but I like new content too.