PDA

View Full Version : Lets all do the Houdini

jackdaws_1999
07-22-2014, 03:13 AM
I call Hacks!

I call Cheats!

I call Modded Xboxes!

I call BS!

No, Im not complaining about another player in PVP, Im complaining about those cheating Houdini Enemies!!!

I have kept quiet regarding this growing issue for a while now. It started before the casti pack, was fixed and worked like a dream till January, then with the Boremaster Houdini got new allies. Since then, the issue has been getting steadily worse.

Last night it reached an all time Low. Me and my wife were doing our weeklies (grouped as usual). At the first conflict site (mine 99) all seemed as normal, houdinied till you were within 50m.

Then at the second (mine 98) it started. All of the enemies stayed out of phase, there were there on the minimap, they could shoot us, they could even throw grenades at us (never seen that one till now), but there were NOT ON OUR SCREENS. I switched to my ground pounder and sure enough, I could hit the invisible 99ers.. it took us FAR longer to complete than usual, but complete it we did.

Off to Bolinas we go! No enemies, nothing, all phased out. So I dropped out of group (this usually fixes it for co-op maps so thought it was worth a try), this helped. Out of group only 50% of the enemies were houdini'd, and those that were just needed to be within 20m to see them.

So we make our way to Miwok ranch in group again, several Houdini cars later, I was beginning to think I hadnt paid the lease on my duni with the volume of repos that happened, let alone the issues of "Hey Wife, Get in the car..." "Cant, wont let me in, no option to jump in" (kick her from group, reinvite her to group) "Yay, I got in".

At Miwok, sure enough, we had to leave group as NO enemies were visible. This time however, Nothing, Not a sparrow, not a sausage. Even out of group, we could see NO enemies.. Ground Pounders worked... but its hard to judge if an enemy is on a roof or not without seeing them, so we expended alot of missed shots trying to kill them.

From this point onwards it got worse to the point of logging out and in about 20 times, re patching after 3 dc's and having our Duni's disappear so many times that I forgot what driving was like. Enemies at EVERY roadside emergency, Every conflict site, and Every siege and incursion were Houdini's best drinking buddies. We tried co-op maps, even leaving groups left us with a sour taste in our mouths, it was near impossible to complete, I died more than 10 times during soleptor.. I dont die during that map... even on expert... with my eyes closed... and my thumbs tied to my toes... ok maybe I die once or twice (usually from my own grenades) but Never more than 3 times!

Please Trion, this issue is the singular most annoying and game breaking feature I have come across... I can take the DCing, I can take broken guns, but when a game is all about shooting enemies.... You kinda need to be able to SEE the enemies, be able to actually HIT the enemies, and be able to actually KILL the enemies. I should not have to play Ground Pounder Battleships to actually hit and kill the enemies...

Miss
Miss
Miss
HIT!
HIT!
Miss
HIT!....
You killed my Raider Blaster!

Etaew
07-22-2014, 04:02 AM
I think I experienced this for the first time the other day, I approached a minor ark fall and the enemies disappeared. Every player had to back away from the arkfall until the npcs redrew on the screen and we had to shoot them from quite a distance.

crazyged
07-22-2014, 04:18 AM
Nothing wrong with disappearing enemies - it's

http://whatgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/funny-gifs-bored2.gif

richardkrainium
07-22-2014, 04:44 AM
we've been having the same problem on the xbox aswell

Burned In Effigy
07-22-2014, 05:45 AM
unfortunately this is an everyday occurrence 99.9 percent of the time for me.mostly the second i log in and IF i am able to play.

HAYABUSA DCLXVI
07-22-2014, 08:32 AM
I have lost all faith in this company, every update brings more game breaking flaws like this one.

I can't even begin to imagine the mess the code for this game is in.

3rdpig
07-22-2014, 09:18 AM
I know, to combat invisible enemies maybe Trion could release a gun that would lock on enemies and shoot heat seeking, rapid fire projectiles. They could call it "The Bloodhound". Everyone will love it!

Oh....wait. Nevermind!

Burned In Effigy
07-22-2014, 11:17 AM
Haha I just throw a bug grenade constantly

lukeskyw
07-22-2014, 11:38 AM
i've encounter this problem once or twice since the F2P on PC EU but after a reconnexion or TP to a friend on another shard, it's seems to solve the bug. Either way it's really annoying.

Zhedda
07-22-2014, 11:43 AM
I get this at least once or twice a week on PC NA (usually after a patch). I can see the enemies, but they stay at their spawn point, won't move, and they can shoot through walls. Makes it easy to kill melee enemies, like hellbugs, as I can still shoot them and they (generally) won't return damage, but if the enemy can shoot back its a serious pain, as you have no idea which direction the attack is coming from, which makes it difficult to take cover.

Perchta
07-22-2014, 12:10 PM
Never had the enemy disappear but have all the other players doing a staged Incursion disappear about mid way through. It looks like I am fighting everything by myself. Then when the last stage pops everyone returns and stays till it's over. I have a high end rig so CPU/GPU RAM/VRAM isn't an issue.

Storm58
07-22-2014, 01:44 PM
...snip...

Me thinks it's just time to find another game...

I've been playing the crap out of some "Early Release" games on Steam for cheap as well as picking up a bunch of $5 - $20 games for my 360. All of those have given me more fun things to do.

Hell, I haven't even been bothered to try out the new Arkbreaks yet...

firemist
07-22-2014, 02:21 PM
Haha I just throw a bug grenade constantly
That's the weird thing about it.....bio grenades do cause damage at houdini type enemies and while you see it, if you shoot, no dps is being registered......

Strykewolf
07-22-2014, 02:46 PM
Nothing like shooting the ever-loving crud out of a critter, only to have it teleport to the other side of the 'event' leaving you, and a couple others, facing each other with smoking guns wondering where the hell it just went. :P :)

richardkrainium
07-22-2014, 04:28 PM
the one i love happens on weekends on the xbox. seems there is a bad server that always seems to be activated friday night and causes problems for us all weekend. super laggy, cant fast travel out of it half the time ninja striking enemies every where ya go, and dont even think of using the broken slow arse quick weapon loadout - guaranteed to lag ya out or lock ya up every time.the really fun one that lags ya up or crits ya out when ya jump to a friend in that broken phase, and then to make things even more fun, crits ya out trying to log in due to your chr being tied to that server. also gotta love how half the time it loads the wrong chr. strange how when the sunday night/ monday morning reset hits the server goes bye bye and doesnt resurface until company go home time the following friday night. really wish these ppl worked on weekends when all the fun actually happens.