PDA

View Full Version : The Hunt Continues

BJWyler
07-22-2014, 02:19 PM
San Franciso – July 22, 2047

The third day of the hunt is drawing to a close. Still no sign of the elusive Restless Dead and Dark Resistance emergencies since our first day out in the bush when luck appeared to be with us. Some believe them to be myths, but a little birdie told us of 8 being active at one point as she flew across the Bay Area. I am beginning to think that the bird had eaten some of the “special” berries that are known to grow out here on the West Coast.

All known positions of these emergencies have been investigated at regular intervals in the last three days, but when we chance upon Grid at all, they are usually fraught with Technical Difficulties – ironic it seems for all that we have had to endure over the last 14 months in this brave new world we call home. I can’t help but be reminded of similar situations that occurred when we were hunting the elusive incursion that was rumored to occur in this area, and of the mystery of the Volge Sieges that would not allow us to complete our sought after pursuit of fame and fortune.

Perhaps, one day soon, one of the Gods of the myriad of races that now populate this planet will see fit to grant us the opportunity to meet the challenge and obtain our goals of finally completing our chase so that we may get on to the next adventure in a timely manner. Until then, I fear that I just may have to leave the hunt for a while to chase more worthwhile (and obtainable) goals in another world.

- Excerpt from the Ark Hunting log of James Wyler.

Strykewolf
07-22-2014, 02:22 PM
I will, usually, come across Dark Resistance East of the Overpass near the shore and northwards from there.

Mushbeeguy
07-22-2014, 02:22 PM
Well done , sir.

I think the tricky part is they do not spawn on roadways. I completed my quest for them near Delores park and the last one was just off the raod near Top Notch.
It's time to go overland , great seeker of EGO. :)

3rdpig
07-22-2014, 04:04 PM
I spent a couple of hours a few nights ago driving around the Overpass/Delores park without ever seeing one. Finally I realized that this wasn't the slightest bit fun, shut the game off and played a different one. I haven't logged back in since. With the nerf of the DF weapons I might just take an extended break.

JadedSinn
07-22-2014, 04:13 PM
I spent a couple of hours a few nights ago driving around the Overpass/Delores park without ever seeing one. Finally I realized that this wasn't the slightest bit fun, shut the game off and played a different one. I haven't logged back in since. With the nerf of the DF weapons I might just take an extended break.

u will be sadly missed sir pig. and i will await the day you return. if ever

BJWyler
07-22-2014, 06:27 PM
San Francisco – July 22, 2047

Entry #2:
As we settle down for the night, the long hours of the day gratefully behind us, I can’t help but think how much longer the chase seems to be becoming, yet fulfillment still seems to be an elusive prize. We have lost many a good man and woman during this venture, and it is with much sadness that as I lay my head down, anticipating a troubled sleep, that I learn of another casualty. We have lost the Pig. Tomorrow, the skies will be a little grayer.

garrzz
07-22-2014, 09:04 PM
I've spotted Silcon Guard / Dark Resistance / Technical difficulties at Dead Junction End / Dolores Park in San Francisco but no
Restless Dead as of yet

BarrySciFi
07-22-2014, 09:12 PM
Nice. I got all the dark resistance at Delores Park. Got one restless dead just west of Shondu's, the other one a bit south of hermit's hideaway, and the third.... No luck yet and I've been searching for three days...

Terrato137
07-22-2014, 09:29 PM
You know...I don't think i've done these yet...I think I should...

Darien
07-22-2014, 09:38 PM
Keep clearing Delores Park and Dead End Junction for Dark Resistance.

Restless Dead appears to only spawn on the northern areas, and is confirmed by a CM to never spawn on a road.

JadedSinn
07-22-2014, 11:25 PM
silently i watch over the bay watching the many men and women that are being lost each day. i stair down from my pirch atop the GGB watching the new arivel grid and the old disapperance of the war master as it disappears into the deep waters of the bay as another group of younge blooded ark hunters fails to keep it inside the ark and lay it down like the brothers and sisters of old. there names now resting on a plaque i have made in there honor and keep safe with me. i watch from afar the camp of brother Wyler as his hunt leads him deeper into the darker parts of the southern bay area. what can be said and done for this man and his small group of misfits no one knows. for he works and travels hard. over the on even rocky land that is befor him.

my watch also leads me to beleave he is headed in the right derection that soon he will find the jewel of the south bay and the prize he is looking for. while i toil alone at my post i think of one day joining him but shake my head at the thought as i watch yet another brother. brother pig. fall. to not be picked back up. he will be missed in the after math of his passing and many will morn him. but his legacy will live on as i put his name apone the plaque beside so many more befor him.

the never ending list growing each day the room on it shrinking. i fear on day i will lay down my gun next to my old steel rusting folding chair along with my night vision binoculers from the old world and my old wold sniper rifle and may one day take the long walk to the south in search of the boat going to the arctic. i hear theres sun there. endless sunshine and its like hiwii of old. but for now. i stand true and beside the clan and family i have become part of. many of them now gone as well. dead. or retiered. there guns stored or lost in battle much the same as others.

may this note in this data pad stay here for all to hear one day. and lets hope i never leave my post. for what is life in this forsaken world that we are now in. if we do not have hope for tomarrow. and seek to keep breathing each day. i toast the lost. and drink deep of the home made hootch that i have left from an old commrad. may my recordeings be found one day. and i never be forgotten

Rose Sinn sister in arms . gardian of the golden gate. data log 1

Annouke
07-23-2014, 07:56 AM
Ya I don't roleplay all that much sorry. But has for the 2 you need. Restless seems to spawn pretty often around the dark spot north of Miwok Ranch pretty often. There is another spot right up the hill which from my time hunting has been either collect or kill monarch. As for the Dark Matter one, try the park north of overpass. Silicon Guardians and Tech. Diff can spawn there also.

dramaQkarri
07-23-2014, 08:37 AM
For all the time spent hunting to gain a measly 5 rep, I decided last week I'm not looking. If it happens it happens. As I play less and less each day, this may be the 5 rep I don't get when I leave for good in 6 weeks. Hopefully we have the new land mass by then. I'd like to take a peek and then log out for the last time.

BJWyler
07-23-2014, 11:09 AM
San Francisco - July 23, 2047

We awoke on the fourth day of our excursion a little more worse for wear. As luck would have it, after we settled in for the night, the first watch alerted us to a Dark Matter squad moving towards Dead End Junction. We prepared ourselves for battle, and as we arrived, saw fortune smile on us for the first time in weeks. The votofoja were already engaged with a group of Grid. We waited while both sides whittled down their numbers, then finished off the survivors. Before we could bask in the glory of our victory however, reinforcements arrived and a pitch battle ensued. We emerged victorious, but at what cost? I could see the look on several of my companions' faces - the same look I saw on the Pony and Arsenic before they departed for greener pastures. The same look on the Pig. I fear we may lose more before we see the end of this campaign, and the Queen may be the next to go.

At any rate, I think we have seen enough of this dreary land. I can see why Cooper balks at coming here. Perhaps one day I will return and wander the ruins of Fort Defiance to pay my respects to those who died here - and those who still live with the nightmare of their actions. For now, we return north and continue our hunt for the Dead that cannot rest.

Jax Arqillian
09-08-2015, 05:58 PM
The only place I have been able to find Dark Resistance Grid Emergency on XBOX 360 NA SVR is smack in the middle of Dead End Junction (5100/7367) in San Fran.