PDA

View Full Version : Did you purchase the Season Pass?

Colteran
04-03-2013, 01:19 PM
Just a question to get a bit of discussion going (and I may be at the moment contemplating setting myself back the money to purchase it).

Did you purchase the Season Pass? Do you feel it was a good decision? One you might regret?

Valon
04-03-2013, 01:20 PM
I do not even know why there is one, What do they have to offer for DLC?

Colteran
04-03-2013, 01:26 PM

I suppose that is to be determined. From memory I know there will be more playable races, missions, weapons, etc. Content that would be bread and butter of many MMOs.

Valon
04-03-2013, 01:27 PM
Unless its like the World of warcraft expansions, I am not buying them. Lol.

Angryfool
04-03-2013, 01:29 PM
I got it with the Ultimate Edition, and no I do not regret it. What people like and feel is worth it differs from person to person. I like the game regardless of it issues right now and hope to play it for some time. Cant tell if it was a good decision untill all the DLC is out then you can make your judgement.

ranger2410
04-03-2013, 01:31 PM

Average cost of DLC for a game like this is 5-15 bucks. Average price of an expansion for wow is what? $60. not to be offensive, but it's a bit silly to assume you are going to get for 10 bucks what you would get for 60. And my guess is a large number of the upgrades will add things like land mass/instances/etc. there is an enormous world they have on the map that isn't accessible. Games like wow, new landmasses come in expansions, seems likely the same would apply here.

Oh, and as far as the topic is concerned, I kind of purchased the season pass. I bought the ultimate edition so included in the package and whatnot for me.

Valon
04-03-2013, 01:32 PM
I got it with the Ultimate Edition, and no I do not regret it. What people like and feel is worth it differs from person to person. I like the game regardless of it issues right now and hope to play it for some time. Cant tell if it was a good decision untill all the DLC is out then you can make your judgement.

With all the other codes not working in defiance, Is your Season Pass working? Lol.

Valon
04-03-2013, 01:32 PM
Average cost of DLC for a game like this is 5-15 bucks. Average price of an expansion for wow is what? $60. not to be offensive, but it's a bit silly to assume you are going to get for 10 bucks what you would get for 60. And my guess is a large number of the upgrades will add things like land mass/instances/etc. there is an enormous world they have on the map that isn't accessible. Games like wow, new landmasses come in expansions, seems likely the same would apply here.

Oh, and as far as the topic is concerned, I kind of purchased the season pass. I bought the ultimate edition so included in the package and whatnot for me.

Do not get me wrong, I am a person with disposable income, So it would not effect me as much as others. Lol.

Colteran
04-03-2013, 01:34 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't expect that they would be on that large of a scale with there being 5 planned DLCs within only 2013-2014, sadly. I'm on the fence about it, however. I'm really enjoying this game so far and it isn't one of those that have a linear single player campaign that you beat and sell. I would imagine that this would be one of those games for me that while I work on smaller games on the side, this will be my main squeeze for a long while depending. Sort of how it was when I played World of Warcraft, I suppose. I think the DLC MAY be worth my while but it is hard to tell with it still being so early.

gryste
04-03-2013, 01:36 PM
Not purchased the season pack yet. need to see how Trion is going to handle this game. Also got to see how the TV show goes too, though I got to admit a quite like the two tv characters that in the game.

Also the dlc aint going to be like a wow expansion maybe more like a content patch that WoW chuck out or used to chuck out. But the devs have stated if you don't buy the dlc it wont lock you out of new areas that they may bring

Colteran
04-03-2013, 01:39 PM

Fair enough point. I'm with you when it comes to wanting to play this time far beyond a few months, with it being an MMO and what not. I guess my only drawback for not wanting it is wanting to see how everything pans out. Otherwise, I would absolutely feel that I would not regret purchasing it since I can see this game becoming something I would log onto day to day.

CReaper210
04-03-2013, 01:46 PM

More characters, weapons, clothing, missions, areas, features, vehicles, challenges. There is a lot they can offer.

Angryfool
04-03-2013, 01:49 PM
All my codes worked fine, sorry to those that are having or did have any issues.