PDA

View Full Version : TRION please read . Defiance Issues, in bullet points to keep it simple.

snakelives
04-03-2013, 01:20 PM
-UI please start over. Worst mmo UI I've experienced.

-Voice chat. Just erase/remove it and put in a link for vent,mumble,skype,TS etc.... because you obviously cant compete with those services on pc.

-Game options are incomplete.

-Graphics options (View distance especially please increase it. on high i can only see like 1000 meters.)

-Aiming vs hipfire sensitivity, need 2 different slider bars.

-CHAT, I cant count how many times I wanted to say something to someone(hit enter type something in and no one can see it) about anything and there's no freakin way to do so. Feel very alone in game.

-Leveling system, weapon modding, and balancing is like Egyptian Hyroglphyics. It doesnt make any sense at all, not to mention there is no explanation for any of those things. There is no flow to what is shown on screen. Just a bunch of numbers that dont excite us because they dont mean anything. When I group up with way higher lvl players scaling makes us equal or something. I dont understand, and I play every mmo. New players will walk away fast without better explanation.

-Dont release an MMo with only 1 dungeon. Just terrible.

-If there is 200 people at an Arkfall the enemies should scale up in damage they do. Cause right now it's super easy, theres not tentsion. Nobody is here for an easy game.

-When I die, theres a small monitary penalty? Really that's it. I have no motivation not to die, since I'm freaking immortal. Usually spawn right back where i died dont even have to travel. Need to build tension to keep us interested. So far all i do is curse at the screen with this game.

-PVP............face palm. What happened here? What F******team am I on? Blue or red? UI is this games biggest issue. hurts pvp with out chat especially.

-BUGS, BUGS, and more BUGS.

-I have to stop myself here cause Im getting really upset that I dropped 60 bucks on this game. "its an mmo get used to it" excuse doesnt apply to this game. Too many flaws to call it growing pains for paying customers. I have never *****ed about an mmo in forum until this game was launched.

-Going back to RIFT, the game you guys nailed! Love it.

Aspect
04-03-2013, 01:39 PM
I'm glad someone came up with some new, not mentioned before issues for Trion to look at.

TacoThief
04-03-2013, 01:40 PM
I agree with the OP on all points. Because of the terrible UI and apparent lack of a chat system it feels like I'm playing a single player MMO with all of the hunt and gather quests but none of the community or player interaction that makes MMO's fun.

The game definitely has the blatant console port vibe like the PC version was an afterthought.

snakelives
04-03-2013, 01:42 PM
I'm glad someone came up with some new, not mentioned before issues for Trion to look at.

Yes I know, however if its not mentioned over and over and over Trion probably wont understand the gravity of these issues.

discosoc
04-03-2013, 01:50 PM
Some valid complaints there, like the UI and the lack of information on itemization.

There's some things I don't understand, however. Aiming sensitivity is supposed to be slower than hipfire. A lot of FPS games do that, so that you don't have players just running around scoped in all the time. Maybe you don't like that design decision, but don't mistake it for a bug or lack of consideration. I've played games where they are the same, and it dumbs down the whole experience. Seriously, go to a shooting range and see how effective you are trying to track a moving target through a scope or ironsight.

Also, I don't know how many dungeons there are, but I know I have access to two so far (EGO around 255 currently). There's definitely more than one at any rate, so either you are judging the game without having played it for very long, or you're just throwing around hyperbole.

PVP complaint is very valid, especially with figuring out what the hell is going on. UI for the game, in general, sucks.

I'm not sure I'd want enemy damage to scale too much with arkfalls simply because you'd have people getting one-shot left and right. Health and I think number of mobs already scales, so the overall difficulty feels about right. I have run into a few bugs though, where some Matriarch's health kept resetting at about 30%.

Voice chat is annoying, but I feel that way about all games. I rarely feel like listening a ton of kids talking crap or playing music over VC.

Anyway, if they'd just fix the UI and make information about the game a bit more available, such as how to queue for PvP and figure out what team you're on, I think it will be ok. If not, it will probably drive a lot of people away.

Handbanana
04-03-2013, 01:56 PM
-Going back to RIFT, the game you guys nailed! Love it.

I like how you mentioned the light death penalties were a big negative.. but you're going back to rift where there aren't any /slaps knee. Oh you do know how to make one laugh. The rest of your post brings up good points though.

Senel
04-03-2013, 01:56 PM
Yes I know, however if its not mentioned over and over and over Trion probably wont understand the gravity of these issues.

Maybe you wanna edit your post and use unordered list or even ordered list (numbers instead of bullets)

Things I Enjoy
Defiance
Pizza
Snapple

Just to look more appealing to Trion.

Shangri
04-03-2013, 02:52 PM
-UI please start over. Worst mmo UI I've experienced.
-Graphics options (View distance especially please increase it. on high i can only see like 1000 meters.)
-Leveling system, weapon modding, and balancing is like Egyptian Hyroglphyics. It doesnt make any sense at all, not to mention there is no explanation for any of those things. There is no flow to what is shown on screen. Just a bunch of numbers that dont excite us because they dont mean anything. When I group up with way higher lvl players scaling makes us equal or something. I dont understand, and I play every mmo. New players will walk away fast without better explanation.

I REALLY wanted to highlight these points because I couldn't possibly agree with them more than I do... Please address these issues...

Coraline
04-03-2013, 03:05 PM
-UI please start over. Worst mmo UI I've experienced.-------- You claim you play every mmo. I somehow doubt this is the worst Ui you have eer experienced. The fact that there is almost nothing wrong with it blows my mind. It's fluid and flows well. In and out.

-Voice chat. Just erase/remove it and put in a link for vent,mumble,skype,TS etc.... because you obviously cant compete with those services on pc. ------ Voice chat is never good in mmos for the most part. Its just easier to shut if off and use a different program so I'll agree with that.

-Game options are incomplete. ---- Debatable.

-Graphics options (View distance especially please increase it. on high i can only see like 1000 meters.) --- Could be added in later on.

-Aiming vs hipfire sensitivity, need 2 different slider bars.---- I have no problem with it. Haven't seen anyone else talk about it. Not sure if really needed.

-CHAT, I cant count how many times I wanted to say something to someone(hit enter type something in and no one can see it) about anything and there's no freakin way to do so. Feel very alone in game. --------There is area chat.... Also this is a mixed opinion. If theres no global chat people complain they "feel alone". If there is global chat people complain its annoying, childish, breaks immersion and they shut it off.

-Leveling system, weapon modding, and balancing is like Egyptian Hyroglphyics. It doesnt make any sense at all, not to mention there is no explanation for any of those things. There is no flow to what is shown on screen. Just a bunch of numbers that dont excite us because they dont mean anything. When I group up with way higher lvl players scaling makes us equal or something. I dont understand, and I play every mmo. New players will walk away fast without better explanation.-------- It doesn't make sense if there is a slot on your weapon you can put a mod on it? I love how you are the voice of "New players".

-Dont release an MMo with only 1 dungeon. Just terrible.-------- Did you play the game? Did you look up how many dungeons there are? Are you high enough Ego to get more unlocked? I think there are about 10.

-If there is 200 people at an Arkfall the enemies should scale up in damage they do. Cause right now it's super easy, theres not tentsion. Nobody is here for an easy game. -----How far are you into the game to know the entire game is easy? Just the beginning?

-When I die, theres a small monitary penalty? Really that's it. I have no motivation not to die, since I'm freaking immortal. Usually spawn right back where i died dont even have to travel. Need to build tension to keep us interested. So far all i do is curse at the screen with this game.---------- Go play a game with one then. Have fun running back to your corpse or paying for repairing armor or losing xp or anything you gained.

-PVP............face palm. What happened here? What F******team am I on? Blue or red? UI is this games biggest issue. hurts pvp with out chat especially. ----- We should know what Team we are on.

-BUGS, BUGS, and more BUGS.---- Thats what patches are for

snakelives
04-03-2013, 04:09 PM
-UI please start over. Worst mmo UI I've experienced.-------- You claim you play every mmo. I somehow doubt this is the worst Ui you have eer experienced. The fact that there is almost nothing wrong with it blows my mind. It's fluid and flows well. In and out.

-Voice chat. Just erase/remove it and put in a link for vent,mumble,skype,TS etc.... because you obviously cant compete with those services on pc. ------ Voice chat is never good in mmos for the most part. Its just easier to shut if off and use a different program so I'll agree with that.

-Game options are incomplete. ---- Debatable.

-Graphics options (View distance especially please increase it. on high i can only see like 1000 meters.) --- Could be added in later on.

-Aiming vs hipfire sensitivity, need 2 different slider bars.---- I have no problem with it. Haven't seen anyone else talk about it. Not sure if really needed.

-CHAT, I cant count how many times I wanted to say something to someone(hit enter type something in and no one can see it) about anything and there's no freakin way to do so. Feel very alone in game. --------There is area chat.... Also this is a mixed opinion. If theres no global chat people complain they "feel alone". If there is global chat people complain its annoying, childish, breaks immersion and they shut it off.

-Leveling system, weapon modding, and balancing is like Egyptian Hyroglphyics. It doesnt make any sense at all, not to mention there is no explanation for any of those things. There is no flow to what is shown on screen. Just a bunch of numbers that dont excite us because they dont mean anything. When I group up with way higher lvl players scaling makes us equal or something. I dont understand, and I play every mmo. New players will walk away fast without better explanation.-------- It doesn't make sense if there is a slot on your weapon you can put a mod on it? I love how you are the voice of "New players".

-Dont release an MMo with only 1 dungeon. Just terrible.-------- Did you play the game? Did you look up how many dungeons there are? Are you high enough Ego to get more unlocked? I think there are about 10.

-If there is 200 people at an Arkfall the enemies should scale up in damage they do. Cause right now it's super easy, theres not tentsion. Nobody is here for an easy game. -----How far are you into the game to know the entire game is easy? Just the beginning?

-When I die, theres a small monitary penalty? Really that's it. I have no motivation not to die, since I'm freaking immortal. Usually spawn right back where i died dont even have to travel. Need to build tension to keep us interested. So far all i do is curse at the screen with this game.---------- Go play a game with one then. Have fun running back to your corpse or paying for repairing armor or losing xp or anything you gained.

-PVP............face palm. What happened here? What F******team am I on? Blue or red? UI is this games biggest issue. hurts pvp with out chat especially. ----- We should know what Team we are on.

-BUGS, BUGS, and more BUGS.---- Thats what patches are for

UI is worst ive seen. Chat is not just for complaining (proper coordination). Thats what these forums are for. Trust me game has almost no difficulty so far, my 3 year old could play this game. Guess after playing difficult games like GW2, RIFT, WARFRAME, CRYSIS3, ARMA 3, i expect more difficulty. Tell me one part of this game that anyone has played where the difficulty is off the charts, and I will submit to your claim. The numbers on screen are your life line for success and failure. This game does not drive me to care about a single one of them.

Your missing the point with the death mechanic. I need to feel tension in a situation, otherwise I dont get that adrenaline rush after a tough fight. Im an adrenaline junkie just like the rest of the gamers who play. This game is creating so little tension. Ever been in a 6 hour raid with 25 people screaming in the heat of battle to drop a boss that might drop your piece of gear or complete a difficult achievement and if one person dies it could mean that the whole group wipes and you might never have this chance again? Now thats tension. I crave it. 60 dollars and I have no tension in this game just frustration from crashes, bugs, and s*** UI.

NviWraith
04-03-2013, 04:15 PM
The thing i hate the most is that, through weapons, theres no sense of gear progression, you are the same at ego 10 as you are at 500, the weapons dont scale with respective ego rating, it makes no sense. the sniper im using with a lvl 93 rating to use is better than all the 300+ weapons i have found. so when i find a new weapon, i dont get any sense of excitment of finding some cool or unique. and they all look the same

goldtupac
04-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Trust me game has almost no difficulty so far, my 3 year old could play this game. Guess after playing difficult games like GW2, RIFT, WARFRAME, CRYSIS3, ARMA 3,

Lawl, you said those games were difficult? Hahahahaha.

Coraline
04-03-2013, 04:54 PM
UI is worst ive seen. Chat is not just for complaining (proper coordination). Thats what these forums are for. Trust me game has almost no difficulty so far, my 3 year old could play this game. Guess after playing difficult games like GW2, RIFT, WARFRAME, CRYSIS3, ARMA 3, i expect more difficulty. Tell me one part of this game that anyone has played where the difficulty is off the charts, and I will submit to your claim. The numbers on screen are your life line for success and failure. This game does not drive me to care about a single one of them.

Your missing the point with the death mechanic. I need to feel tension in a situation, otherwise I dont get that adrenaline rush after a tough fight. Im an adrenaline junkie just like the rest of the gamers who play. This game is creating so little tension. Ever been in a 6 hour raid with 25 people screaming in the heat of battle to drop a boss that might drop your piece of gear or complete a difficult achievement and if one person dies it could mean that the whole group wipes and you might never have this chance again? Now thats tension. I crave it. 60 dollars and I have no tension in this game just frustration from crashes, bugs, and s*** UI.

First off its You're. Second what is difficult about games like GW2, RIFT, WARFRAME, CRYSIS3? Those games are not in any form difficult. Not sure where you are getting at. As I said if you need to feel tension in a situation go play a game that makes you feel that way. You're an adrenaline junkie just like the rest of the gamers who play. Don't say rest of the gamers who play. Unless you know every single gamer who plays. Don't make false claims. It sounds like you want World Of Warcraft so maybe you should go play World Of Warcraft.

There is nothing wrong with the UI. You are nit picking little things because you want something the game isn't offering you. So please go play one that offers it to you.

Bioexorcist
04-03-2013, 04:59 PM
You people ***** a lot.

snakelives
04-03-2013, 05:07 PM
Lawl, you said those games were difficult? Hahahahaha.

Cause all of them are way harder than this game. Thats why i the made reference, you e ***** must be pretty big to say some of the hardest games out there are easy.

snakelives
04-03-2013, 05:09 PM
First off its You're. Second what is difficult about games like GW2, RIFT, WARFRAME, CRYSIS3? Those games are not in any form difficult. Not sure where you are getting at. As I said if you need to feel tension in a situation go play a game that makes you feel that way. You're an adrenaline junkie just like the rest of the gamers who play. Don't say rest of the gamers who play. Unless you know every single gamer who plays. Don't make false claims. It sounds like you want World Of Warcraft so maybe you should go play World Of Warcraft.

There is nothing wrong with the UI. You are nit picking little things because you want something the game isn't offering you. So please go play one that offers it to you.

Um i paid for this game, i think i can complain about it f*******.

goldtupac
04-03-2013, 05:25 PM
Cause all of them are way harder than this game. Thats why i the made reference, you e ***** must be pretty big to say some of the hardest games out there are easy.

Those games are not at all difficult... Not one of those games are, you sir need to get some skill.