PDA

View Full Version : ideasman

JEMINAI
07-23-2014, 09:26 AM
Question: is the following possible? find fault with this WM solution.

i just did WM with a handful of players and i noticed we got pretty close to breaking a piece of armor.
i had the idea that if the timer would reset a bit, perhaps 2 mins after breaking armor then smaller groups would have a chance at success with a little coordination. (this means less pressure to fill a group to raid size and the "lockbreakers"/casuals can just rock in and start)

- if we can see HP bars on each armor piece we will know how much each one has b4 breaking.

- we could decide for ourselves if 2 mins will be enough to down him or if we should break more armor for another 2mins.

- this would give players some tactical aspects to the fight. makes it less reliant on numbers and more about the players.

- if players wish to just shoot in its direction, then whatever! but prefer they use explosives so the aoe would be damaging all
armor. (then there is an obvious point to using them).

- the length of the fight would reflect the efforts on those involved but still have an overall time limit.

- no more arguments about back or arm... it will be down to a player's common sense with which target to hit. (a bit like a
monolith's legs).

- as i understand it breaking armor pieces adds to the damage he takes overall, so the idea is there, just brings me back to the
timer as a solution to keep the intensity and pace of the fight going.

please give some feed back on this, if it is possible or if anyone can see any issues with this.

cmpowell
07-23-2014, 10:41 AM
seeing as it would take a group of 30 at tl 10 almost 4 min to defeat the wm after the armor was broke. I find this to just be drawing out a fight that is doomed. the only way this event will be fixed is if they adjust the scaling to ego and amount of players in the room

Monkerlotus
07-23-2014, 11:08 AM
seeing as it would take a group of 30 at tl 10 almost 4 min to defeat the wm after the armor was broke. I find this to just be drawing out a fight that is doomed. the only way this event will be fixed is if they adjust the scaling to ego and amount of players in the room

Wrong-O, the only way to fix this is to get rid of it entirely and replace it with the awesome Gulanee fight. :p

ForemostMidget
07-23-2014, 05:25 PM
Gulanee fight is good but the rewards are not worth the effort when you can get better from a solo arkfall.

Monkerlotus
07-23-2014, 07:37 PM
Gulanee fight is good but the rewards are not worth the effort when you can get better from a solo arkfall.

The rewards aren't great, but the fight is fun enough to do, I already have good enough weapons as is, so I get to just enjoy the fight :D

JEMINAI
07-23-2014, 08:10 PM

as i said, he takes more hp dmg overall when armor breaks. the specific time bonus would need to be worked out against his HP/Shields. (not necessarily 2mins)