PDA

View Full Version : If Defiance were a single player game what would it have been like?

Chocolatelover67
07-24-2014, 02:53 AM
I keep wondering this.

What would Defiance have been like had it had the same content but been a single player game with missions added on a regular basis and expansions?

lukeskyw
07-24-2014, 02:59 AM
it would be already finished & forget. Nowadays a solo game with added content, means paid DLC, so no thanks you + You wouldn't have to come back and farm contracts in a solo game. (no need).
The game as it is couldn't be a pure solo game and would be a bit just boring once you ve beaten all the missions / coop maps / events once.

Chocolatelover67
07-24-2014, 03:07 AM
it would be already finished & forget. Nowadays a solo game with added content, means paid DLC, so no thanks you + You wouldn't have to come back and farm contracts in a solo game. (no need).
The game as it is couldn't be a pure solo game and would be a bit just boring once you ve beaten all the missions / coop maps / events once.

Yeah I get that... I'm just wondering what the experience would be like.......

crazyged
07-24-2014, 03:08 AM
Dunno... sorta think it would be a bit of a lonely world...

Derek Sharper
07-24-2014, 03:17 AM
I think if they had a tight, complete story it could work.
But yes, it would be a one-off.

Bonehead
07-24-2014, 03:18 AM
I don't think doing the game as a single player deal would have made that much difference, content wise. I would really miss the mass of vehicles flying from one minor to the next on the way to the end of an arkfall. I think being an mmo is one of the last things left that make this game unique from other shooters. They removed a lot of the other stuff that set it apart.
Not to beat a dead horse but...

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/giphy5_zpsa916db05.gif

I would have prefered the kind of DLCs I was used to with borderlands instead of the dlc light this crew put out. It was the best they could do with the massive cutbacks the game had to endure right after launch and I'm sure we never got to see what the game was really supposed to be. So much potential ended up lost in the unemployment line.

Lyokira
07-24-2014, 03:24 AM
I keep wondering this.

What would Defiance have been like had it had the same content but been a single player game with missions added on a regular basis and expansions?

It would be a less funny Borderlands. :rolleyes:

Escyos
07-24-2014, 03:25 AM
If we played a single character (i.e. one that Trion made and wrote a backstory for) we might get some time on the show.

Chocolatelover67
07-24-2014, 03:27 AM

Yeah probably....... I can see the similarities. Speaking of which I installed that again. Weeeeee I misss all the critters there. Like those biting things that jump on you, the Skags.... The nutcase mutants and all. I even miss Mad Moxxi

Smokey Greenleaf
07-24-2014, 03:33 AM
it would be an utter waste of time to me, as my friends and the other players are the only thing that keep bringing me back day after day (not the game quality with all it's bugs, glitches, and broken weapons). if a single player game had been handled as horribly as this one, customers would've rage quit after the first game breaking bug and posted how much it sucked on every social networking site available lol. I'm personally hoping GSC Gameworld takes my ideas for a new S.T.A.L.K.E.R. expanded to MMO and include ***ushima (sp?) and runs with it though!

Bonehead
07-24-2014, 03:34 AM
Yeah probably....... I can see the similarities. Speaking of which I installed that again. Weeeeee I misss all the critters there. Like those biting things that jump on you, the Skags.... The nutcase mutants and all. I even miss Mad Moxxi

I'm doing another play through to get ready for the pre-sequel. The terminal ballistic effects in the original borderlands are my all time favorite.

Yrkul
07-24-2014, 03:52 AM
Yeah I get that... I'm just wondering what the experience would be like.......
Very short.

Zhedda
07-24-2014, 08:28 AM
I'm doing another play through to get ready for the pre-sequel. The terminal ballistic effects in the original borderlands are my all time favorite.

Yeah, the original was awesome. I might be a little weird, but I still prefer it to the sequel.

Kobalobasileus
07-24-2014, 12:33 PM

With better loot drops and the really great weapon modding system.

I've been thinking about Defiance as a single-player game too, and I came to the conclusion that an online system that connects when it can (making the game MMO) but doesn't panic when it can't would be the best of both worlds. It would also be better to consider p2p connectivity as an option and to allow groups of 1-4 (not 4 only) to start coops.

Nefarious
07-24-2014, 01:11 PM
If it were a single player game I image it would be more realistic. Kinda like State of Decay but for Defiance. More of a wasteland feel. Like if you ran into a Hellbug Warrior you would be screwed and 2-3 Skiterlings would tear you apart.

Would need to process or buy fuel for your Roller and repair and take care of it, scavenge for stuff, go into combat sparingly. Buy ammo, repair armor and weapons. Movement mobility depends on the Armor, so if you are in clothes your character would be able to sprint longer, move quieter, and use less stamina compared to a armored body suit.

Depending how much you carry on your person will effect mobility because of weight and will cause encumbrance.

A better skill tree with a set number of character points. One pertaining to Ego powers, with a sub tree for offensive, defensive, computer hacking. One for Ark Hunting with sub trees for scavenging, repairing, tracking. One for combat with a sub tree for weapon types, weapon skills, combat skills. One for medicine ... it can go on and on for awhile.

The game would still be updated with online content pertaining to the show and our character would have a bigger role between show and in game since its a single character that could be played and voiced over by one actor.

alred
07-24-2014, 04:16 PM
What, this game isn't single player?
I never see any chat in the chat box, or hear any voice chat. Players seem to be doing teir own thing. So unlike a MMO...
*Runs after kicking hornet's nest*

Lyokira
07-24-2014, 06:40 PM
With better loot drops and the really great weapon modding system.

I've been thinking about Defiance as a single-player game too, and I came to the conclusion that an online system that connects when it can (making the game MMO) but doesn't panic when it can't would be the best of both worlds. It would also be better to consider p2p connectivity as an option and to allow groups of 1-4 (not 4 only) to start coops.

You mean, like the other game starting with D that shall not be named? :rolleyes:

anthonybgtn7
07-24-2014, 06:45 PM

Think of every single time you've lagged critted out got disconnected than try to say that statement again

Lyokira
07-24-2014, 07:16 PM
Think of every single time you've lagged critted out got disconnected than try to say that statement again

You've never played an online-only single player game? :p

Terrato137
07-24-2014, 07:20 PM
This is kinda like what Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is like. Huge open areas, tons of stuff to do, singleplayer only.

JadedSinn
07-24-2014, 08:13 PM
This is kinda like what Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is like. Huge open areas, tons of stuff to do, singleplayer only.

i feel thats bot right

but

my image of the game if it was solo

each race and " starting class " would of been a set class and race. each one with there own trates and back story. where thy came from why thy where there ect.

the guns would of been more easly balanced and the game play would of been exstended.

the DLCS would of had alot more C in them insted of DL and added more then 3-5 missions a bit like border lands

the multi player would of been more like borderlands

the skill tree would of been something like mass effect 3s

and all content would of been client side insted of server side witch means there would of been mass amounts of mods/hacks/tweeks for the game makeing it for anyone that mods there games or enjoys moding there games (( fallout 3- new vagas. skyrim, and allmost all elder scrolls games come to mind. )) witch would of added more content via players creating it. insted of it just all being dev created. witch can over all emprove some games.

the race perusutes would of been a little easyer to compleate.

and over all the game could of had an infinint exspantion of places. world and map. becuse there could of been so much room to create the entire defiance world insted of just. the little peace of paradise we have now.

over all the game could of been astedicly more playabul and enjoyabul and it would of been a better cross console game

but even with all that. we all know with the flaws we have. we all love defiance as it is. and would only change the bugs and still keep playing even long after this thread disappears into page 3 and beond.

Alastar
07-24-2014, 10:14 PM
It would be complete and utter trash left to collect dust in a corner with other forgotten games. The community and social aspect is the only thing that makes this game bearable with all its failings.

Piers
07-24-2014, 10:24 PM
To the OP, if you wanted to know what this game would be if it was single player only then go play Big Rigs, or at least look it up!

RAGEFIGHTER
07-24-2014, 10:34 PM
I don't think doing the game as a single player deal would have made that much difference, content wise. I would really miss the mass of vehicles flying from one minor to the next on the way to the end of an arkfall. I think being an mmo is one of the last things left that make this game unique from other shooters. They removed a lot of the other stuff that set it apart.
Not to beat a dead horse but...

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/giphy5_zpsa916db05.gif

I would have prefered the kind of DLCs I was used to with borderlands instead of the dlc light this crew put out. It was the best they could do with the massive cutbacks the game had to endure right after launch and I'm sure we never got to see what the game was really supposed to be. So much potential ended up lost in the unemployment line.

im with you about this trion definetly culd do beter

Chocolatelover67
07-25-2014, 09:13 PM
To the OP, if you wanted to know what this game would be if it was single player only then go play Big Rigs, or at least look it up!

LOL Big Rigs........ Ooh did play that once and my truck sailed through the ground......... And kept going

3rdpig
07-25-2014, 10:54 PM
The first answer that came to the top of my head was Battlespire.

Telemachus
07-26-2014, 04:42 AM
Would just be less embarrassing to die stupidly.

Chocolatelover67
07-26-2014, 06:15 AM
Would just be less embarrassing to die stupidly.

Thankyou Telemachus Rhade haha

(sorry your name made me think of Andromeda)

Piers
07-26-2014, 01:17 PM
LOL Big Rigs........ Ooh did play that once and my truck sailed through the ground......... And kept going

The one time I played it, my truck broke the speedometer some 2000+ times... going in reverse! And left the game world, leaving me stranded in a black void in the middle of nowhere outside of reality.