PDA

View Full Version : Dev's Please Read: Gulanee Ark Falls

PeepSquasher
07-25-2014, 11:21 PM
I wish that the Dev's could somehow mark these Gulanee Ark Falls by changing the color of the thing you insert the Ark Spike into to call it down. It would be nice to know what you are getting beforehand. It seems as though most of the Minors I call down now are Gulanee. I am already sick of getting them time after time . . so can we please have something , anything to distinguish which Minors will be the old style ones , and which will be Gulanee.

PhantasieTrion
07-25-2014, 11:35 PM
I wish that the Dev's could somehow mark these Gulanee Ark Falls by changing the color of the thing you insert the Ark Spike into to call it down. It would be nice to know what you are getting beforehand. It seems as though most of the Minors I call down now are Gulanee. I am already sick of getting them time after time . . so can we please have something , anything to distinguish which Minors will be the old style ones , and which will be Gulanee.

Hi PeepSquasher

We were just discussing this the other day, actually. It wasn't straightforward to make it known to the player in advance which type will spawn which is why we don't have that right now.

That said, we would like to get add this in the future (perhaps unique spikes relative to what gets called down)

saharea
07-25-2014, 11:54 PM
yes it would be nice to know which we are getting, that way we can have weapons ready.

Terrato137
07-25-2014, 11:57 PM
Hi Gulanee

We were just discussing this the other day, actually. It wasn't straightforward to make it known to the player in advance which type will spawn which is why we don't have that right now.

That said, we would like to get add this in the future (perhaps unique spikes relative to what gets called down)

Could also make it so that on the map, it says specifically which type of arkfall it is.

Yrkul
07-26-2014, 12:50 AM
Aren't we pulling down random wreckage from orbit? Then there's no justification for knowing what comes down.

This preference for one arkbreak type is temporary. Once the novelty wears off, those resources put into a way to tell sites apart will likely be wasted. I'd rather see those resources put into more lasting initiatives, like stability, further scaling adjustments, weapon balancing, vehicle repoing and a whole host of other issues that persists.

RAGEFIGHTER
07-26-2014, 12:58 AM
Hi PeepSquasher

curse you it sounds prety intresting so using special spike i can call down special arkfall sounds prety impressive how ever disknowlage of what comes is mere intresting its my opinion randomizing is good to have fun how ever gulanee arkfall *** alot other places sometimes scaling goes wrong and noobs die like flys i almost did gulanee today with my friend hess about 300 ego im about 3k it was fine but before i was in there whit some 4k+ ego players and i was like justa chunk of meat for monsters

Telemachus
07-26-2014, 04:36 AM
Maybe just make the outside area look different, didn't notice if it was.

Just a surprise err.. ohh (letdown) this old type again, no easy way to back out of it, after a long loading screen.

Could possibly make the map icon a square or something, instead of a circle ?

Etaew
07-26-2014, 04:53 AM

Sounds like Planar Lures :)

PeepSquasher
07-26-2014, 05:20 AM
Well my point of knowing whether it's going to be Gulanee or not stemmed from me spiking 5 minors in a row and every one of them was Gulanee. I don't know about anybody else but I prefer not to do 5 of them long *** Arks in a row. I just did a bunch a few minutes ago and only a few of them were Gulanee so perhaps that was just a weird stretch of them for me. The little bit of extra Arkforge you can get in them is the only plus to me. I just think they take to long to end up getting another Volge lightning rifle / Typhoon / or my favorite gun to scrap - Thunder Pistol crapper.

LOOKxATxTHISxI
07-26-2014, 05:43 AM
Make all the minors the gulanee and the majors the traditional warmonkey with the normal shenanigans.

No on the "special" spike. Just another added cost to the game we don't need. Painful enough that when you call one down you kill everything outside hit the jump point, sit in a loading screen for 30sec to 2 minutes to get booted. Restart the game, pits you right back where you were except in a different server.

You wanna look into something how about putting the server number/letter somewhere on screen so when we get booted we can try to get back to where we were. Not finding yet another way to add another currency/cost into the game.

lukeskyw
07-26-2014, 06:12 AM
arkfall are random and it's pretty easy to know when you have a gulanee one because ego state at the begining of combat that "there some weird communication from inside the arkbreak" (+ it's always mutant related).
But having a identification, when the ark is called, on the map would be great to quickly know what's going on.

No to a dedicated ark spike, it's just annoying.

@OP : you get the same loot in a gulanee arkbreak than in a volge one so it doesn't matter witch one you pull.

Etaew
07-26-2014, 06:20 AM
Also yes, I don't want another currency, especially as I have issues with spending currency to join an in-progress instance. Icon changes or the tooltip changes on the map are all that are needed.

KILLSHOT707
07-26-2014, 06:49 AM
I think there a lot more work for what little you get. Same stuff as a minor but four times as long.

DeadEye68
07-26-2014, 07:17 AM
I think there a lot more work for what little you get. Same stuff as a minor but four times as long.

That's the exact same logic that gave us Warmaster timers.

Slayer Slayn
07-26-2014, 07:20 AM
I think a nice fix for calling down a specific type would be to have the spikes have rarity. the higher the average rarity of spikes used the more upscale the arkbreak. eventually we could have multi-stage arkbreak bosses. like start off with the warmaster and if we beat him the clock resets and a gulanee boss appears and so on and so forth..... so if you beat them fast enough you get a couple of bonus rounds. kinda like the 4 th and 5th stage bonus rounds on minor arkfalls.

DeadEye68
07-26-2014, 07:29 AM
so if you beat them fast enough you get a couple of bonus rounds. kinda like the 4 th and 5th stage bonus rounds on minor arkfalls.

Even more people would complain it takes too long to complete them.

PeepSquasher
07-26-2014, 10:29 AM
Hmmm ... all these wild ideas I am reading about this. All I want is some form of clarification on what type of minor the Ark Fall coming down is before I spike it. Like I said this is no plea to add more bs to the game. I mearly want a different color icon on the map or some SIMPLE way to show me if it's going to be a Gulanee Ark Fall. I don't mind doing them. I just don't want to do 5/6 of them in a row. When I get into doing minors . . I might run 10 of them back to back. It would be nice to be able to shuffle up the order somewhat.

RAGEFIGHTER
07-26-2014, 10:46 AM
Even more people would complain it takes too long to complete them.

i say gulanee is fun iff i doo it on low threat level iff go in whit 4k + ego chars then its nightmare scaling system does not makes mee good inaff for it

Deunan
07-26-2014, 03:11 PM
I think there a lot more work for what little you get. Same stuff as a minor but four times as long.I get a lot more points at a Gulanee Arkbreak than another kind of Minor Arkbreak. They're fine as is now that they've fixed the comm health. There are more important things for them to work on.

Mathuu
07-26-2014, 03:20 PM
Why should we know what kinf of Ark we're calling? Is the point of Ark hunting not knowing what is inside?

Terrato137
07-26-2014, 03:53 PM
Why should we know what kinf of Ark we're calling? Is the point of Ark hunting not knowing what is inside?

I'd rather have it so that after the Ark has landed, it says on the map which kind of Ark it is instead of just "Minor Arkfall", especially when certain pursuits can be tied to it.

KILLSHOT707
07-26-2014, 04:32 PM
That's the exact same logic that gave us Warmaster timers. Don't enjoy that fact you can't kill it anymore?

N3gativeCr33p
07-26-2014, 06:35 PM
Aren't we pulling down random wreckage from orbit? Then there's no justification for knowing what comes down.

Exactly. Because randomness is fun.

DeadEye68
07-26-2014, 06:41 PM
Don't enjoy that fact you can't kill it anymore?

He still can be killed, timers only conceal the real issue preventing it from happening more.

JEMINAI
07-26-2014, 07:05 PM
make them native to san fran? derrrrp
can i just say, theres a bit of a lull in the fights when you are destroying the comms. would be good if the adds kept coming... my first experience in one was a group of us all standing there shooting each comm for a good 4mins or so.

DeadEye68
07-26-2014, 07:27 PM
my first experience in one was a group of us all standing there shooting each comm for a good 4mins or so.

It takes a lot less to destroy them now.

N3gativeCr33p
07-27-2014, 11:35 AM
Very very very weak rewards for killing the Gulanee at the end of the arkfall. What a shame.

Belle Starr
07-27-2014, 11:42 AM
Hi PeepSquasher

PLEASE don't distinguish the minor ark breaks! I LIKE being surprised :)

N3gativeCr33p
07-27-2014, 11:44 AM
PLEASE don't distinguish the minor ark breaks! I LIKE being surprised :)

Agreed!

I just think they need to take a closer look at what drops from a successful Gulanee arkfall run.

Atticus Batman
07-27-2014, 03:11 PM
I'd rather have it so that after the Ark has landed, it says on the map which kind of Ark it is instead of just "Minor Arkfall", especially when certain pursuits can be tied to it.

This. We are calling random arkfall junk, so we should NOT be able to call the exact one we want, Instead, after it drops, lists wether it is Gulanee, Volge, or Volge Huntmaster. Some people still are having trouble getting the Huntmasters, even before the Gulanee were added. I am so glad I got the huntmaster kills when Dlc 2 first dropped.

Rasczak
07-28-2014, 01:16 AM
Hi PeepSquasher

In the past two days I have called down 7 Minor Arkfalls, all of them the friggin Gulanee. If Arkfalls are supposed to be random, how about reducing the curve on getting a Gulanee just a tad. If they are tied to location sites, for the love of Christ reduce the number of sites a tad.