PDA

View Full Version : Cerebus Pursuit help

Ray186
07-27-2014, 06:56 AM
Boost a total of 1000 meters in Cerberuses?

What exactly do I have to do? I thought it meant hit the turbo, apparently it does not. any help would be appreciated.

Annouke
07-27-2014, 07:02 AM
It means to Boost it. Shift is default button for Boost on PC.

DeadEye68
07-27-2014, 07:04 AM
That's exactly what you've got to do. Drive 1.000 meters with boost active. I can't remember anyone having issues with that part. The common problem comes from your Cerberus skill increasing even when you're not driving one. The "reach skill level 5" is quickly achieved, but not validated in pursuits.
In case you encounter that problem, contact live support rather than filing a bug report. Your issue will be solved much faster, mine did.

Ray186
07-27-2014, 07:14 AM
Hmm I just drove from Earth Republic to last chance hitting the boost every time the bar filled up. My traveled distance remains at 68. I Just checked and it seems that my cerebrus skill level is maxed at 20. Before today I had only driven one for about 5 minutes. Would that be the cause of the error?

DeadEye68
07-27-2014, 07:21 AM
Cerberuses are only available in some PvP maps (needs to be expanded I'm not familiar with PvP) and Explosions 101 co-op. There are no Cerberuses available in the open world, whatever vehicle you drive there will either be a runner or a roller.

hardy83
07-27-2014, 07:22 AM
I had no problem with the boost.
My Cerberus skill is at 20 though and it didn't recognize this in the pursuit.
Also I still have to run over people, but I wish there was more than just the one co-op and Shadow Wars to do it.

As for the boost distance, if it's working properly, it'll only count the distance you travel while boosted.
So you'll be pretty limited since Cerberus vehicles are only available in instances and Shadow Wars.

I'm curious, are you sure you were using a Cerberus when you drove from Erep camp to Last Chance?

Ray186
07-27-2014, 07:31 AM
I'm an idiot. I was using the truck that they gave out for free.

Thank you everyone for your help.

Perchta
07-27-2014, 07:46 AM
I constantly boost, even when I shouldn't be boosting I do. Of course that often means I hit things which cause me to explode, missing turns causing me to fly off into a body of water which I can never find as slope to climb out of.

DeadEye68
07-27-2014, 08:16 AM
I'm an idiot. I was using the truck that they gave out for free.

Thank you everyone for your help.

The Titan is a roller, that's why you couldn't register any progress.

Deunan
07-27-2014, 08:03 PM
There are no Cerberuses available in the open world.They are available in the open world if you are playing Shadow Wars. That being said it's bad etiquette to take one for a joy ride and leaving your team short one player while doing so.

Deunan
07-27-2014, 08:14 PM
I'm an idiot. I was using the truck that they gave out for free.There is no truck that is given out for free but, that aside, why would you think driving any vehicle other than a Cerberus contributes anything towards driving a Cerberus? All 4 wheeled vehicles other than the Cerberus are Rollers not Cerberuses regardless of what they look like. If you drive anything other than this exact vehicle you will not be accomplishing anything for the Cerberus License pursuit:

http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/pic4-560x329.jpg

You are going to have to file a support ticket eventually after you finish all the other requirements because it's the only way to get the level 5 part checked off unless you actually drive the Cerberus to get to level 5 which as a practical matter simply doesn't happen for most players.

Andy UFC fan
07-27-2014, 08:50 PM
I have an issue with the level 5 part , i got to level 4 before stopping and now i am back it says it's level 17 but pursuit is not ticked off. So basically lose the ego for the pursuit and the few ego levels every level up. :mad: