PDA

View Full Version : Game Empty?

Agent2090
07-27-2014, 09:25 PM
I've been playing for a while now today, and I've seen maybe 15 people in total.

Is the game simply empty right now? Or am I just in an empty phase? If it's the latter, is there a way to get into a more active phase?

JadedSinn
07-27-2014, 09:38 PM
ur in an empty phase from the sound of it. but then agine its a big world and people are scattered across the hole game world. so no one is ever in the same place. but anyway back on topic

to change phases. or shards as there comenly called by vets and long term players. press F8 if u have any friends on ur friends list with a dimond like syemble with an X on it. or i beleave there red... might be wrong. click on them and then click go to friend. and that will put u in the same shard as them. this is the only effective way to shard hope. and ull find alot of people on a friends list are not all on the same shard. this might help u find a more active server. or a more empty one. but its worth a try.

what system r u on ? xbox ? PS ? or PC ? are u on EU or NA ? if ur on PC NA look me up some time RoseSinn ign ill see about maybe hanging out with u so ur not so lonely :D

Prin
07-27-2014, 09:43 PM
I've been playing for a while now today, and I've seen maybe 15 people in total.

Is the game simply empty right now? Or am I just in an empty phase? If it's the latter, is there a way to get into a more active phase?
Same here. Only a few people at major arkfalls when I used to see a big cluster of purple dots just a few weeks ago. It's been a ghost town all weekend.

Agent2090
07-27-2014, 09:51 PM
ur in an empty phase from the sound of it. but then agine its a big world and people are scattered across the hole game world. so no one is ever in the same place. but anyway back on topic

to change phases. or shards as there comenly called by vets and long term players. press F8 if u have any friends on ur friends list with a dimond like syemble with an X on it. or i beleave there red... might be wrong. click on them and then click go to friend. and that will put u in the same shard as them. this is the only effective way to shard hope. and ull find alot of people on a friends list are not all on the same shard. this might help u find a more active server. or a more empty one. but its worth a try.

what system r u on ? xbox ? PS ? or PC ? are u on EU or NA ? if ur on PC NA look me up some time RoseSinn ign ill see about maybe hanging out with u so ur not so lonely :D

Heh, I see. Well, I only have two people on my friend list(who aren't on at the moment, unfortunately) so perhaps I'll have to take you up on that since I am on PC NA.

Same here. Only a few people at major arkfalls when I used to see a big cluster of purple dots just a few weeks ago. It's been a ghost town all weekend.

Yeah, first major arkfall I went to, there were at least 80-100 people there. Now I'm lucky if I see 10-15.

JadedSinn
07-27-2014, 09:54 PM
well im loging on right now. it will shortly be 10 my time so . input my name in search in hmmm 5 mins? that shoudl give me time to load up fully and well see about geting u on a full shard:D or atleast one filled with more then 10 people.

MadMax2047
07-27-2014, 10:23 PM
I've seem that trend too.. The servers are slowly being disbanded by the players. I used to play with a lot of common names from my clan, they are gone after WM changes and other problems. Incursions, sieges, etc, don't have the same number of players anymore.
A big change to me is that arkforge is not easy to get anymore, to update a weapon now it's hard work and repetitive missions. I've no other missions to play except the side missions and time trials(I hate those and even worse when your vehicle just de-spawn/disappear right while you are racing, no fun at all). The conflict sites missions are getting boring and repetitive, only incursions and sieges are keeping me on the game for now. I did to 2 WMs after the changes and I'm not going back anymore, 1 minute left on the first, then got the second one from start but not even a scratch after the locks were broken. My score was the 3rd one, 50K. 3 minor arkfalls, gulanee warrior is already boring.. I haven't played a lot myself, I gone back to BF4 latest DLC. I spent some money on Defiance, but I don't think I'll do it again, mainly to buy arkforge to upgrade my weapons. This were a lot of players will spend the money into.

I can see a lot of new players joining my clan, but the same way some may not last long as this game needs to improve a lot on all points. Trion will make money on new players, which probably will make a lot until the players realize they shouldn't be paying for this game, but not on long term players.

RAGEFIGHTER
07-27-2014, 10:40 PM
well cuz off some trions epic fails at coding finding problems and fixng them there culd bee problems with player quantity but i thing its so emty maybe yes maybee just shard is empty cuz ppls say trough steam alot plays defiance so it shuldnt bee empty :)

crazyged
07-28-2014, 12:29 AM
Dunno - The world seemed fairly populated for me on PC-EU, although I only did one WM and a couple of Gulanee arkfalls.

They weren't that crowded, come to think of it...

Rasczak
07-28-2014, 01:02 AM
I've seem that trend too.. The servers are slowly being disbanded by the players. I used to play with a lot of common names from my clan, they are gone after WM changes and other problems. Incursions, sieges, etc, don't have the same number of players anymore.
A big change to me is that arkforge is not easy to get anymore, to update a weapon now it's hard work and repetitive missions. I've no other missions to play except the side missions and time trials(I hate those and even worse when your vehicle just de-spawn/disappear right while you are racing, no fun at all). The conflict sites missions are getting boring and repetitive, only incursions and sieges are keeping me on the game for now. I did to 2 WMs after the changes and I'm not going back anymore, 1 minute left on the first, then got the second one from start but not even a scratch after the locks were broken. My score was the 3rd one, 50K. 3 minor arkfalls, gulanee warrior is already boring.. I haven't played a lot myself, I gone back to BF4 latest DLC. I spent some money on Defiance, but I don't think I'll do it again, mainly to buy arkforge to upgrade my weapons. This were a lot of players will spend the money into.

I can see a lot of new players joining my clan, but the same way some may not last long as this game needs to improve a lot on all points. Trion will make money on new players, which probably will make a lot until the players realize they shouldn't be paying for this game, but not on long term players.

I feel you. The recent changes, especially with Arkforge and WM, have diminished my enjoyment a tad. I just got the final weapon to Level 20 that I wanted to, tonight. I'm not interested in running anymore Gulanee arkfalls, won't touch WM anymore (yes, I tried the change, three times was enough), and am pretty much burned out on Incursions and Sieges. Thanks to my friend (who has left already) I have gold in the DLC Arenas. And I've already played the main storyline three times, so I think I am done pounding on Nim by this point. The conflict sites for contracts are starting to lose their luster, as well.

Time Trials, Races, and Hotshots are okay, but not my cup of tea or what I consider fun content.

I'm going to try Firefall on Tuesday (not expecting much), but will probably just continue messing around a little in Marvel Heroes Online until the WoW expansion drops at the end of the year. I have 38 days of Patron Pass left, but can't see myself using a majority of it right now.

Don't get me wrong. I love the show and the setting, but the game has already gotten a little stale, and I've only been back about 5 weeks after a 6 month break. I see the changes Trick Dempsey made while I was gone, and combined with his most recent changes, I don't have a lot of confidence or support for his vision of the game.

Arran
07-28-2014, 02:14 AM
Literally my whole friends list was on Destiny beta all weekend. Defiance servers do seem more populated today tho :)

Deathcrazy
07-28-2014, 04:25 AM
Cant even get into a pvp match at night rip

Tharcion
07-28-2014, 04:42 AM
Literally my whole friends list was on Destiny beta all weekend. Defiance servers do seem more populated today tho :)

This.

Just when Defiance went FTP on the PC I noticed the same effect as people tried out the other platform. And now the numbers seemed to have evened back out.

Almost a shame, soloing a plague siege one Saturday morning was sort of fun. Actually, I got to solo an entire Major Scrapper Arkfall that weekend too. I recall a lot of running about.

Trias
07-28-2014, 04:43 AM
working as intended!