PDA

View Full Version : Returning player with questions.

Kyosji
07-28-2014, 07:12 AM
Just some quick questions. I haven't played for maybe close to a year, and I've come back to see a whole slew of new quests and a crap ton of world events that got me interested again to the point I dragged a friend along. I am noticing a lot of new things in the game I don't remember from when I originally played and just needed some insight.

1. I see a mass breakdown button.I don't remember this, but when hitting it I was given the warning it would literally break down EVERYTHING in my inventory. Is there some way to just have a box marking way of selecting which items to break down? or at least a separate 'lock box' that I can store the weapons and mods I want to keep so I can break down the rest?

2. What happened to my grenades? I used to have some rare grenades, but I was given some dialog that my grenades were being upgraded when I logged in, and now I get pretty standardized grenades.

3. What are these armor plates, and how do I use them?

4. I see I can now upgrade my items level, which I absolutely love. I also see another option to upgrade its rarity. What does that actually give me in terms of bonuses and damage?

5. How is the scoring done in the events? I can sit there and have 100+ kills than nearly anyone else, then I see the top 5 people having only killed like 20 things. I'm always in the top 6 or 7, which is funny considering half the time I seem to come in late to an event, but the main toppers I out kill by 50+ mobs. The whole scoring system seems very iffy because I just don't understand how things are scored.

I'm sure I have a ton more questions, but I can't clearly think or write what I want since I'm at work and not in front of the game right now. Any help with these questions would be appreciated.

nathanpbutler
07-28-2014, 08:00 AM
Just some quick questions. I haven't played for maybe close to a year, and I've come back to see a whole slew of new quests and a crap ton of world events that got me interested again to the point I dragged a friend along. I am noticing a lot of new things in the game I don't remember from when I originally played and just needed some insight.

1. I see a mass breakdown button.I don't remember this, but when hitting it I was given the warning it would literally break down EVERYTHING in my inventory. Is there some way to just have a box marking way of selecting which items to break down? or at least a separate 'lock box' that I can store the weapons and mods I want to keep so I can break down the rest?

2. What happened to my grenades? I used to have some rare grenades, but I was given some dialog that my grenades were being upgraded when I logged in, and now I get pretty standardized grenades.

3. What are these armor plates, and how do I use them?

4. I see I can now upgrade my items level, which I absolutely love. I also see another option to upgrade its rarity. What does that actually give me in terms of bonuses and damage?

5. How is the scoring done in the events? I can sit there and have 100+ kills than nearly anyone else, then I see the top 5 people having only killed like 20 things. I'm always in the top 6 or 7, which is funny considering half the time I seem to come in late to an event, but the main toppers I out kill by 50+ mobs. The whole scoring system seems very iffy because I just don't understand how things are scored.

I'm sure I have a ton more questions, but I can't clearly think or write what I want since I'm at work and not in front of the game right now. Any help with these questions would be appreciated.

1. You can mark items on the inventory screen as favorites, so that a little yellow star is next to them. When you do a mass breakdown, it will leave anything favorited alone. Also, bear in mind that it won't automatically break down higher rarity items unless that's what you're highlighting when choosing the mass breakdown.

2. Grenades have been collapsed from multiple variants of each time into just a handful: bio, shrill, frag, etc. You no longer pick up or buy specific new grenades, but instead pick up "grenade charges" on the ground to refill whatever your current grenade type happens to be. You CAN get higher rarity grenades with better stats, but those will pretty much come from lockboxes. Grenades also no longer automatically refresh to make them basically infinite. Now, you only get to hold 5 grenades at a time with no cooldown needed.

3. Shields now have armor plates that give you 10% damage resistance each. Lower rarity shields have one armor plate, orange have three, and all in the middle have two. You can repair these at the armor repair boxes next to most ammo boxes. They are eaten away by bio weapons (poop shoes), and since enemies also have them, you'll usually want a weapon with bio, radiation, or fire nano to remove armor plates from enemies, bypass their armor, or deal damage over time.

4. The stats of a weapon (or shield) is now based on its level and its rarity, so upgrading rarity or power level will make the weapon or shield more powerful. For example, upgrading a purple shield into an orange shield gives you the third armor plate that wouldn't have been there when it was purple.

5. Scoring has been totally changed. It is based on kills, damage dealt, teamwork, etc.

Check out this link where Defiance Data has done a great job putting together a "catch up" page for returning players: http://www.defiancedata.com/returning.php

Kyosji
07-28-2014, 08:26 AM
Thanks for all the info.