PDA

View Full Version : Defiance PC Server Upgrades and Instability Compensation

Scapes
07-28-2014, 02:45 PM
Ark hunters,

As some of you have noticed, Defiance Free-to-Play launched on Steam this weekend (http://steamcommunity.com/games/224600/announcements/detail/290798327033131205). As a result, thousands of new recruits have begun their adventure exploring Paradise.

We've been monitoring the connectivity issues on PC servers (NA and EU) from the influx of players and have completed initial hardware upgrades to support them. Right now we're working on addressing the client crash issues players are experiencing. While this is underway, we're finalizing compensation for the instability over the weekend and will likely settle on a 7-Day Patron Pass for all affected players. If you already have Patron status, this time will be added to your existing duration.

We're thrilled to see so many new ark hunters starting out in Defiance and look forward to sharing details about the new Silicon Valley mini-expansion in the coming weeks.

Milkweed
07-28-2014, 02:52 PM
So Steam downloads made it so sketchy?
What's a client crash?

Scapes
07-28-2014, 03:09 PM
So Steam downloads made it so sketchy?
What's a client crash?

Not the downloads but the thousands of new players playing. A client crash is simply the game crashing on your local computer.

Z0mb1E
07-28-2014, 05:58 PM
Ark hunters,

As some of you have noticed, Defiance Free-to-Play launched on Steam this weekend (http://steamcommunity.com/games/224600/announcements/detail/290798327033131205). As a result, thousands of new recruits have begun their adventure exploring Paradise.

We've been monitoring the connectivity issues on PC servers (NA and EU) from the influx of players and have completed initial hardware upgrades to support them. Right now we're working on addressing the client crash issues players are experiencing. While this is underway, we're finalizing compensation for the instability over the weekend and will likely settle on a 7-Day Patron Pass for all affected players. If you already have Patron status, this time will be added to your existing duration.

We're thrilled to see so many new ark hunters starting out in Defiance and look forward to sharing details about the new Silicon Valley mini-expansion in the coming weeks.

At some point on the account management dashboard, or somewhere within the game UI could we have a place to see what the current amount of patron pass we have is? Pretty Please??

Dark Killah
07-28-2014, 06:00 PM
This might explain why I have the latest line in Invisible Durangos and looping sound lockups/freezing

Escyos
07-28-2014, 07:26 PM
I was disconnected at the boss of an expert co-op, sent a request for my rep and core (as well as it counting on the number I have done) to support, sure hope I get what I deserve. I understand that these issues are problematic and sometimes unavoidable but I hate expert co-op maps (for no particular reason other than I hate doing them over and over) and want that to be one less I have to do.

CobraGuru
07-28-2014, 07:30 PM
You make me laugh

You try to attract new players putting the game on steam and what you never test before to check if the server would hold the amount of new players ?

Are you kidding ?

We enjoy the game, but this is unacceptable.
all players must have a compensation for the trouble.

nathanpbutler
07-28-2014, 07:42 PM
Any word on how the current console connectivity issues and disconnects are to be addressed? Surely the horrible connection state in the last week or so on PS3 and Xbox 360 isn't due to the same servers, right? They shouldn't have been impacted by Steam, should they?

TTOWNZ DIRTIEST
07-28-2014, 08:15 PM
good point, because with so many playing the free DESTINY BETA, I still experienced random crits and today, I critted out wayyy more than ever b4 on XBOX-NA!!!! p.s good job making the WARMASTER unkillable now, YOU WON SCAPES...WE R NOT WORTHY!

nathanpbutler
07-28-2014, 09:25 PM
good point, because with so many playing the free DESTINY BETA, I still experienced random crits and today, I critted out wayyy more than ever b4 on XBOX-NA!!!! p.s good job making the WARMASTER unkillable now, YOU WON SCAPES...WE R NOT WORTHY!

Yeah, I'm usually pretty good as far as connections go. I crit out from time to time, but never as bad as the last week or so. I might as well not even play lately. I've gotten down to getting on, doing the contract for the two new factions, then getting off entirely.

Ozz
07-29-2014, 10:22 PM
Ark hunters,

I'm not impressed with your offer of compensation. At your hand, we disconnected many times, lost time, patience, rewards, etc, and the best you can offer is a discount, which requires us to spend more money when the whole community is not happy with you. This statement from you really shows us where you're at !!!

Come on, how about a no strings attached compensation like 500-1000 arkforge, since your gonna nerf stuff AGAIN and upset more people. At least, those people who cannot afford to spend money will be able to upgrade one of their favorite weapons and have some satisfaction. Not forgetting those who can spend money, with regard to FAIRNESS OVERALL !!! Please stop bleeding us. If someone is treated fairly, regardless of it being your fault, they will continue playing and spend money.

I also find it subtly offensive to have your smiling face in your profile looking at me when you are telling us you're gonna take more from us and this pathetic offer of compensation. You could at least have an empathetic and concerned looking pic of you. It's like putting salt in my wounds.

Seriously, give and it will be given back to you in good measure, pressed down, shaken together and overflowing, so much so that you will not be able to contain it.

felgar
08-01-2014, 07:32 PM
So does this mean the xbox players will get one year of patron pass for free?

RobDaCool
08-01-2014, 08:46 PM
I'm not impressed with your offer of compensation.

but its a free 31 cents ;)

rawmelon
08-01-2014, 10:00 PM
I'm not impressed with your offer of compensation. At your hand, we disconnected many times, lost time, patience, rewards, etc, and the best you can offer is a discount, which requires us to spend more money when the whole community is not happy with you. This statement from you really shows us where you're at !!!

Come on, how about a no strings attached compensation like 500-1000 arkforge, since your gonna nerf stuff AGAIN and upset more people. At least, those people who cannot afford to spend money will be able to upgrade one of their favorite weapons and have some satisfaction. Not forgetting those who can spend money, with regard to FAIRNESS OVERALL !!! Please stop bleeding us. If someone is treated fairly, regardless of it being your fault, they will continue playing and spend money.

I also find it subtly offensive to have your smiling face in your profile looking at me when you are telling us you're gonna take more from us and this pathetic offer of compensation. You could at least have an empathetic and concerned looking pic of you. It's like putting salt in my wounds.

Seriously, give and it will be given back to you in good measure, pressed down, shaken together and overflowing, so much so that you will not be able to contain it.

yep i agree have discounts only Cather to veterans who pay and are capable of spending some extra cash on games and what bout those free players eh.

that smiling face is a lie

Druid
08-02-2014, 07:39 AM
It's nice that your upgrading servers for the pc and all. What about the servers for us Ps3 players which show they have some big issues. MY Ps3 all ways falls out of sync with the servers every time I play Defiance. The disconnections I can live with for now as they are okay not great. I can still play the game most of the time how ever parts of the game world either don't load as fast as my vehicles can drive. This is pretty much a very regular occurrence with the server falling out of sync with my Ps3 while driving. If I sit for 1 -3 minutes the server will usually catch up to my character. Since the latest patch when I am in big battles the server tends to have issues now, the map in the top right corner will disappear until after the battle and I don't see the enemies life bars or how much damage I'm doing to the enemy in battle any more. This does not seem to happen to much when I am alone but when more players join the battle even if it is just one other player joining the battle this happens. You can tweak the server code all you want but I'm not the only one with these problems. Seems like the problem is bigger then just tweaking the server code for better performance.

TwistedEvil
08-02-2014, 04:05 PM
It's nice that your upgrading servers for the pc and all. What about the servers for us Ps3 players which show they have some big issues. MY Ps3 all ways falls out of sync with the servers every time I play Defiance. The disconnections I can live with for now as they are okay not great. I can still play the game most of the time how ever parts of the game world either don't load as fast as my vehicles can drive. This is pretty much a very regular occurrence with the server falling out of sync with my Ps3 while driving. If I sit for 1 -3 minutes the server will usually catch up to my character. Since the latest patch when I am in big battles the server tends to have issues now, the map in the top right corner will disappear until after the battle and I don't see the enemies life bars or how much damage I'm doing to the enemy in battle any more. This does not seem to happen to much when I am alone but when more players join the battle even if it is just one other player joining the battle this happens. You can tweak the server code all you want but I'm not the only one with these problems. Seems like the problem is bigger then just tweaking the server code for better performance.

Yep..........

Chump Norris
08-03-2014, 06:52 PM
So still no word on this?

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?168208-What-s-up-with-the-constant-disconnects-from-PSN

Could we please get some hardware upgrades to stop PSN disconnects? You can keep your little patron pass just fix the PSN disconnects..

Escyos
08-03-2014, 07:09 PM
I don't want a Patron Pass, I'm at max skill levels and EGO level (with only pursuits to finish) and have more than enough Scrip, Ark Salvage etc.

How about giving me 190 caeruleum cores, so i can buy the gear I want to buy. Or anything that is useful.

Dralch
08-05-2014, 12:13 PM
I refuse this as compensation I started playing defiance the day that It hit free to play I loved it so much I actually bought a collectors edition along with the DLCs that is how much I have enjoyed this game.

I have previously played Rift When it came out and I love what you all have done with Defiance with the Rift like Elements with out killing my up to-date gaming computer as of Aug.

I am however very very disipointed with the disconnects and losing rewards from these right in the middle of events the sad part is there is the same amount of players at these events now as there was when I first started to play.

If you have so many people on your servers that they are lagging behind and not able to keep people connected why advertise it on Steam you know that this will bring in even more people I know that it has been a little bit now since you started advertising on Steam but come on I even brought my DAD and best Friend to the game they are going trough the same stuff as I am 4 to 5 Disconnect during a incursion if you are lucky and then boom right at the end of the clock you DC and loose everything only finding out that hey you got 2nd place and didn't get rewarded for it WTH!

You all need to get you IT team on this if they think it is Hardware please get the hardware you need If it is because of your ISP get on them about it.

I could not even imagination being on the console I would like to say I am sorry I can play when you are unable to you should be able to play and play for free.

Do not ruin this game stop being lazy and fix your stuff Trion or how ever you spell it and I am also a peed off Trove owner Should have spent the money on Defiance =(!

N3gativeCr33p
08-05-2014, 01:05 PM
I could not even imagination being on the console I would like to say I am sorry I can play when you are unable to you should be able to play and play for free.

We, the console peasants, still have no word on a possible time frame of when F2P is going to start.

Druid
08-05-2014, 01:14 PM
The Ps3 version of Defiance is not ready to go F2P yet, I am glad that they are waiting, the servers for this game console still need lots of work to stabilize them for the existing community. I'm all for the game going F2P but right now all Trion will achieve by doing this is making the game more unstable and possibly even unplayable launching F2P on Ps3 servers right now.

ColapsN7
08-05-2014, 01:31 PM
servera to *dow time msk 20:21 PM *tek 01:35 AM (08 06 2014) ***offline * ~\` \`~`/`/~