PDA

View Full Version : Vendor or Salvage

Perchta
07-29-2014, 07:49 AM
Still learning game so thought it was time to ask.

Is there an advantage to selling over salvaging "loot"? or vice versa?

Seizan
07-29-2014, 07:55 AM
Sell loot back to the vendor.

Dark Killah
07-29-2014, 07:57 AM
All depends if you want Scrip or Ark Salvage, about all there is to it really.

I tend to sell all crap back to the vendor.

Kyosji
07-29-2014, 08:00 AM
Do you need money, or upgrade components? That's the only difference. After a while, you'll come to have so much salvage, you don't need to deconstruct anymore. Just running a single siege run with dozens of others, I was able to collect 300k in salvage (because my inventory kept overflowing). That 300k will last me a LOOOOONG time.

PiccolaRivolta
07-29-2014, 09:51 AM
Vendor. Because you get more salvage then you would on scrip. And you use scrip for many things, buying mods, trading, arkspikes. That little 10.000 scrip each event helps in my opinion.

N3gativeCr33p
07-29-2014, 10:00 AM
I sell all garbage gear back to the closest vendor. Ark salvage is easy to acquire.

Cavadus
07-29-2014, 10:14 AM
Sell it. Salvage has very little use and/or value these days. You'll accumulate huge stockpiles of it over time. I have like 2.5 million at the moment and virtually NOTHING to use it on besides turrets at sieges.

It's been completely displaced by arkforge at this point. They should just remove it and have all of the salvage functions in the matrix cost scrip.

nathanpbutler
07-29-2014, 10:30 AM
Yeah, these days, unless you have an extreme need for more keys to use to get lockboxes or REALLY want to use turrets at sieges, you might as well just sell them back to the nearest vendor. I do that with 99% of the things I pick up at this point.

Kibblehouse
07-29-2014, 10:56 AM
Personally I do not have the problems with Surplus script/scrap that others seem to have. Call me a casual, whatever. I am always buying lockboxes, and because of that I never get much more than 200k in script or scrap. Usually the vend or salvage decision depends on which is lower at the moment, usually its script, scrap just seems to accumulate a little faster. Of course if the inventory fills up, things get salvaged, because I can do that from wherever on the inventory screen vs finding a vendor to sell stuff.

The only other advice from me is if your getting rid of something you have modded, then sell it. Youll get more script back due to the value of the mods, but salvage is based only on the rarity of the weapon, you dont get more scrap from a modded weapon.

Lightwell
07-29-2014, 01:35 PM
I salvage simply because Mass Breakdown is the most convenient thing to do as a way to make inventory space while out in the field. I have way more of both salvage and scrip than I need.

For the uniniitiated, Mass Breakdown will salvage in one click anything of blue rarity or lower that is NOT equipped and NOT a favourite. So don't forget to favourite any lower rarity items that you want to keep before using it.

Perchta
07-29-2014, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the replies.

LiketheShoreandtheSea
07-29-2014, 03:50 PM
I breakdown all the white weapons and shields I get for salvage, as you get so little scrip for them anyway. Then I sell the rest. It feels like a good balance.

OrpheusXI
07-29-2014, 04:16 PM
You will want scrip more right now if you're newer...later on you will want salvage to add mods and by keycodes and crap. But I mostly do scrip now since I really don't need anything added yet.