PDA

View Full Version : Time Out, Who Needs a Time Out

OverDoneOne
07-29-2014, 04:25 PM
Run down feeling over tired and cranky from not sleeping because of playing Defiance too much.

Well never fear Trion is here and they are giving out free random time outs ingame, Yes free you can't buy them at the store or anywhere else for that matter. So if your lucky enough to get a free random time out, go get some sleep or go and talk to real human beings again or just go outside and get some fresh air.

Enjoy your time out because everyone needs a break now and then. :rolleyes:

LiketheShoreandtheSea
07-29-2014, 04:33 PM
Looks like I'm not the only one who can't log in. I got disconnected out of my main mission earlier due to lag so bad nmes were treading in place and taking a million headshots without dying, you could stand in front of an ammo resupply chest for days and not have it register your attempts to open it, and my most amusing lag fun was when it wouldn't let me out of my vehicle, and when it finally did, I was running around making the sound of a dodge challenger for at least a minute while running through gaps no car could possibly follow. It was hilarious! I just hope my mission progress wasn't broken due to getting disconnected in the middle of it.

I haven't been able to log back in for ages. I think this is a new ploy by TRION to keep me playing. I can't possibly leave if I can't finish playing the main storyline lol! I'm only 3 or 4 main missions from the end. Maybe I can finish them this week...that is if TRION lets me log in and stay logged in, rofl. *crosses fingers*

Denuth
07-29-2014, 04:35 PM
Ya me and my mates can't log in either

OverDoneOne
07-29-2014, 04:37 PM
Yes I got timed out in Dekusos Camber, we almost had him down and bam TIME OUT

Perchta
07-29-2014, 04:41 PM
Hopefully they are rebooting servers because lag for the past few hours has been horrendous.

Kanah
07-29-2014, 04:46 PM
A volge siege turned into attack of the crawling corpses. I was surrounded by fast moving goners, levitating up and down, sliding all around. It was spooky weird.

Now pc-eu is down for patch so it's time for my weekly sleep.

HAVOCxCHA0S
07-29-2014, 04:52 PM
Everytime I login and go to my character screen I get timed out. Just turned the game off just now due to 3 time outs in the space of 30 seconds!

Wytchfire
07-29-2014, 05:20 PM
Guess im not alone...sigh

Bonehead
07-29-2014, 05:22 PM
Run down feeling over tired and cranky from not sleeping because of playing Defiance too much.

Well never fear Trion is here and they are giving out free random time outs ingame, Yes free you can't buy them at the store or anywhere else for that matter. So if your lucky enough to get a free random time out, go get some sleep or go and talk to real human beings again or just go outside and get some fresh air.

+7 for best new way to say an old thing!
+5.6 for creativity!
+3 for the laughs!

OverDoneOne
07-29-2014, 05:27 PM
+7 for best new way to say an old thing!
+5.6 for creativity!
+3 for the laughs!

Thx but the public still gets to call in and vote Right ??

LOL

Iceberg
07-29-2014, 05:51 PM
Thx but the public still gets to call in and vote Right ??

LOL

Only the minority do.

Murzin
07-29-2014, 05:52 PM

hrm

what is costing Trion more for Defiance:

people not being able to play the game due to disconnects or unable to even connect

-OR-

people upgrading their green items to orange

i wonder which is the greater cause of people not investing in the game.

Ruinne
07-29-2014, 08:20 PM
I don't even get a time out. I get a de-synch the likes of which I've never seen in any other game.

I become the only thing in the entire game that moves, the server barfs an endless stream of duplicate packets at my client and that's all I get.

BUT WAIT!

All of the mobs that are glued in place?

They aren't! They're sneaking around shooting at me. And they don't EVER drop agro. The best part is that once this happens, it never fixes itself, I have to exit the client completely and restart. I still think the problem is in the netcode, it's acting like the game can't compensate for lag properly and is part crashing when your latency fluctuates. This game will start to hog more and more bandwidth as it clogs my connection with the same packets over and over. This game uses up every scrap of bandwidth I have of my meagre 1.5Mb when it lags out, my buddy's 50Mb connection seems like it's doing the same thing when he lags out as well. He starts to break up in vent and I know he's doing the Defiance as he gargles at us, soon after he logs out and restarts the client.

Well, he used to, he uninstalled.

duction
07-29-2014, 11:35 PM
I'm still trying to work out if scrolling through my 440 inventory in the salvage matrix and when I do it lags up my game to where I can't change screens or do anything to be hit instantly by a critical error is all bad code or am I being secretly greifed by Trion for trying to upgrade loot?

Bonehead
07-30-2014, 12:09 AM
I'm still trying to work out if scrolling through my 440 inventory in the salvage matrix and when I do it lags up my game to where I can't change screens or do anything to be hit instantly by a critical error is all bad code or am I being secretly greifed by Trion for trying to upgrade loot?

Yes and yes.

LiketheShoreandtheSea
07-30-2014, 12:50 AM
LOL I just tried went back to Sutro Tower to try the mission again, and was completely oblivious to the fact that regardless of me being lead through the steps of the mission as normal - this is my 3rd attempt now due to lag/disconnect issues. Sutro Tower attempts no less, where random drive-by-ees can up the difficulty from hard to ****ing insane! in 2 seconds flat - the mission WAS bugged and never progressed past the first step. Which was 'arrive at Sutro Tower'.... it never acknowledged I was freaking there for however long that **** show usually takes to go down lol. I had to abandon a mission for the first time. At least that's an option I guess.

Should I try again? I'm just glad I don't have to contact support lol. *sigh*

Denuth
07-30-2014, 01:25 AM
I don't even get a time out. I get a de-synch the likes of which I've never seen in any other game.

I become the only thing in the entire game that moves, the server barfs an endless stream of duplicate packets at my client and that's all I get.

BUT WAIT!

All of the mobs that are glued in place?

They aren't! They're sneaking around shooting at me. And they don't EVER drop agro. The best part is that once this happens, it never fixes itself, I have to exit the client completely and restart. I still think the problem is in the netcode, it's acting like the game can't compensate for lag properly and is part crashing when your latency fluctuates. This game will start to hog more and more bandwidth as it clogs my connection with the same packets over and over. This game uses up every scrap of bandwidth I have of my meagre 1.5Mb when it lags out, my buddy's 50Mb connection seems like it's doing the same thing when he lags out as well. He starts to break up in vent and I know he's doing the Defiance as he gargles at us, soon after he logs out and restarts the client.

Well, he used to, he uninstalled.

You know I said the same thing today when I was streaming, it literally made me drop over 4000 frames and I was like WTF? I never drop frames! Sure as hell after I restarted client it worked fine, well OBS did, Couldn't log in for over 2 hours....