PDA

View Full Version : Silicon Valley Update Information From Today's Live Stream

Deunan
07-30-2014, 06:37 PM
The following is a summary of some of the things that were disclosed during today's Live Stream about the Silicon Valley update.

1. Encryption: The majority of Epic loot drops will be encrypted. Depending on the source there will be ~20-25% chance of an Epic drop being unencrypted. Rare loot drops will have ~50% chance of being unencrypted. Drops from lock boxes will have a higher chance of dropping unencrypted gear. This may be subject to some tweaking based on player feedback about drop rates during the PTS phase.

2. New 99er/Grid mass event called Invasions.

3. New weapon synergy called Firewall:
[1] On shield break, restore health and shields for 5s for surrounding allies (Cooldown: 30s)
[2] On shield break, repair 1 armor stim plate (Cooldown: 30s)
[3] On shield break, +20% outgoing healing for 10s (Cooldown: 30s)

4. The rain seen by players who discovered how to get into Silicon Valley while in development will not be part of the live version due to graphics issues. It will be added in at a later date once they fix those issues.

5. New weapon synergy called Way of Change. Less details on this because Trip described it without showing the actual weapon card for the weapon he was using that had the synergy. Melee kills will give a temporary critical damage bonus, critical kills will give a temporary melee damage bonus and on shield break, players will get the Blur power.

6. The fix to Cloak for PvP goes live with Silicon Valley. While not saying exactly what it is, Trick implied that players will no longer have perfect invisibility with it, so it's likely that the shimmer effect from PvE will be implemented.

7. A new dynamic event manager will provide for greater diversity in allocating space for events. This should make the rarely spawning Mt. Tam incursion occur more often while making events that often spawned repeatedly such as the Kenn Farm Incursion spawn less often.

8. Charlie the VBI construction worker returns with an actual role playing role! Charlie was an NPC that was removed from the game and was unique in that he was the only friendly NPC that players could damage:

http://youtu.be/QmkT6LHZBUE

Welcome back Charlie! :)

Bonehead
07-30-2014, 06:46 PM
Welcome back Charlie! :)

Welcome back indeed!

Fuzzy
07-30-2014, 06:46 PM
Hey,

thanks for all the work!
I didn't get everything due to being distracted :) Helped me out a lot.

drackiller
07-31-2014, 01:01 AM
Yup, thanks Deunan, i have yet to see that stream.

crazyged
07-31-2014, 01:26 AM
I've downloaded it, so I can watch it at my leisure - just can't get enough of that mullet!

drackiller
07-31-2014, 03:18 AM
I've downloaded it, so I can watch it at my leisure - just can't get enough of that mullet!

I started to watch after my post and, damn i kinda liked what i see and i even heard something that i liked very much...the EGO cap.

Kanah
07-31-2014, 03:50 AM
Another ego-stroking exercise. Trick talking about his chest, Trick demonstrating his l33t skillz, Trick showing off Trion's offices with an arkfall on top. Some new stuff that looks the same as the old stuff. Not a lot about what we're all concerned about - the endlessly unfulfilling loot chase.

Combo Breaker
07-31-2014, 04:11 AM
It feels like it was 5 years ago I made that vid now.

drackiller
07-31-2014, 04:39 AM
It feels like it was 5 years ago I made that vid now.

Rinse and repeat !? LOL