PDA

View Full Version : DLC Question........ Oh why did I do this? hehe

Chocolatelover67
07-31-2014, 02:14 AM
Broke all of my rules and purchased DLC......... I swore I'd never buy DLC after buying the Arkbreaker DLC but what did I do I bought DLC?:D

I purchased The Castithan Charge pack and 7th Legion DLC packs.

Now where the hell do you start the missions for these packs? Nothing on my map at all. I know it's kind of a newby sounding question folks but yeah well sigh......

crazyged
07-31-2014, 02:17 AM
Hmmmmm for the life of me I can't remember! I do know I did all the Thorn Liro stuff at the lighthouse, but can't remember if there was anything before that!

Atticus Batman
07-31-2014, 02:21 AM
7th legion has NO missions. You payed for the ability to get rep points from incursions, and use 7th legion weapons, with a chance at outfits from the 7th legion lockboxes.

Castithan Charge pack gives you Thorne Liro missions/arenas. The first mission; "A Whisper's Scream" is located at Raider's Landing.

An easy way of seeing if you have the Dlc is to look at your pursuits/challenges to see if they are locked, or look in claims for the Raptor, a Zwanze Warrior outfit, a 7th legion lockbox, and a couple titles.

Hope all of this helps.

Bonehead
07-31-2014, 02:23 AM
There are no missions or story for 7th legion. The Castithian story line starts here;

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/2014-07-31_00001_zps00dd586d.jpg
only instead of the replay icon it's a blue rose looking icon.

Rose, thorn... get it?

Atticus Batman
07-31-2014, 02:28 AM
There are no missions or story for 7th legion. The Castithian story line starts here;

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/2014-07-31_00001_zps00dd586d.jpg

That would be Raider's Landing! You were Ninja'd by Batman, DEAL WITH IT!!!

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/347/469/0c1.jpg

Chocolatelover67
07-31-2014, 02:28 AM

Rose, thorn... get it?

I went there but there was nothing to interact with

Atticus Batman
07-31-2014, 02:29 AM
Did you completely exit the game after downloading the Dlc, and then relogging back in? Also check your challenges to see if they say "Locked please buy dlc" or some dumb crap like that.

Xaat Xuun
07-31-2014, 03:23 AM
I went there but there was nothing to interact with
it's a data recorder at the end of the pier, I think I did 2 or 3 circles on that thing, before the Data recorder appeared for me to interact with it

Chocolatelover67
07-31-2014, 04:10 AM
it's a data recorder at the end of the pier, I think I did 2 or 3 circles on that thing, before the Data recorder appeared for me to interact with it

I did a few laps and yeah the recorder appeared..... All done now

Kyosji
07-31-2014, 05:12 AM
What a pain to fully complete all those arenas and collect 750 rep just to get a legendary blade......that can 4hit most volge.

ATL_SC430
07-31-2014, 01:26 PM
How's this for pain... grinding 750 rep back when it was harder to get keep the multiplier up long enough to get Gold in some of the arenas and progress further than the first three (and it gave no weapon exp for your trouble, AND you had to do it alone), but persisting through the grind to get that Shanjifyo regardless because I wanted to achieve something big and have a great prize to show for it, beyond what can be bought/traded/auto-earned through normal game play. I got my well-earned Shanjifyo sword, equipped it in a blur/melee loadout, and got to enjoy it for a month or two. All Shanjifyo blades were created equal and I earned the right for the additional perks it offered in the way of increased jump damage over the lower tiers, etc.

Guess what came next... I was low 2000's ego when the changes came along that highly stratified players and their gear. The ego level of that weapon, and it's corresponding usefulness to me, fell further and further below my quickly-increasing ego level. I believe it was around 3k ego I checked the vendor box and saw blue/purple swords catching up with mine in some stats, surpassing in others. Paying 50 forge per level to rank it up as an OJ wasn't viable, especially when you're a mid-ego player like me who gets LESS PAY for the SAME WORK as high level players in some instances. Ever wonder why there always seems to be a 5500 ego player showing up for a standard map, who does the same amount of shooting as the low ego players (their magical high ego bullets just count for a lot more) and then they take the lion's share of the rewards based on outscoring everybody by so far? It might be easier for them to scape up the 50 forge per rarity level it takes to keep their favorite OJ and purple weapons usable, from where I'm standing the actions that earn forge also increase my ego level so I can only keep a small number of weapons up to date, and a couple of my favorite OJ weapons in the game are 1500 ego levels or more below me. That's 750 forge.

I ended up going back and grinding out another 750 rep, and as soon as I crossed the 3500 ego line I bought a new Shanjifyo blade. Had to scrap the old one to get my charge blade mod back no way I'm paying for another one of those (especially when another one that I paid REAL MONEY for got wiped out by a mass breakdown.). I almost bought purple for more affordable upgrades but I decided I didn't go through all that work 2x for the second prize. If you aren't at a high ego level yet though, I'd recommend going with blue for now so you can afford to upgrade it while you level up, and then buying an OJ blade at a higher level.

Good luck!

Chocolatelover67
07-31-2014, 09:18 PM
What a pain to fully complete all those arenas and collect 750 rep just to get a legendary blade......that can 4hit most volge.

Hmmmmm All I wants is a Casti blade hehe

Liquidacid
07-31-2014, 09:44 PM
Hmmmmm All I wants is a Casti blade hehe

you don't even need the DLC to get or use them... I've gotten like 3 of them out of regular tier 4 lcokboxes I bought with keys... lol

or I know a lot of people who don't ave the DLC who just have a friend with it start a group and invte them then go into the arena and leave... as long as the player without the DLC hits to replay the arena at the end instead of leaving they can stay in as long as they want, grind out the rep and just buy one from the vendor

Invader Tak
08-01-2014, 01:07 AM
you don't even need the DLC to get or use them... I've gotten like 3 of them out of regular tier 4 lcokboxes I bought with keys... lol

or I know a lot of people who don't ave the DLC who just have a friend with it start a group and invte them then go into the arena and leave... as long as the player without the DLC hits to replay the arena at the end instead of leaving they can stay in as long as they want, grind out the rep and just buy one from the vendor
Your lock box thing is a lie. The second one is true.

Chocolatelover67
08-01-2014, 01:13 AM
Yeah but grinding is tedious :)

Sometimes it is worth it but not just for the blade........... It's a pity they are not items you can trade but hey this is Trion :)