PDA

View Full Version : In-game privacy ends August 5th

Alexri
07-31-2014, 05:44 AM
Go to clan member is being introduced with the upcoming patch, and from the looks of it, there's no way to turn it off or block people from doing it, other than possibly queuing for something. That means that come August 5, we'll essentially lose control over who can TP to us unless you're not in a clan. For people in big clans that means potentially hundreds or even thousands of players who now get the ability to TP to you no matter what you're doing, be it trying to do a solo arena, trying to get mission done without it being TL10, or just trying out new guns and mechanics without someone jumping in and killing all your target dummies.

Hope you're happy

Pandur
07-31-2014, 05:48 AM
Well good thing I'm my own clan i guess.

Covington
07-31-2014, 05:52 AM
Ditto, I don't own a clan of people I don't know and have not friended in PNS anyway so if they come to me or what have you I wouldn't feel odd talking to them about it if there is a problem.

Least we aren't forced to use our PSN and 360 names like in Destiny (that is such a bad idea) talk about taking away the last bit of rpg. Having my friends come to me isn't that bad, having people I don't know sending mass friend requests is. (Hey look a girl lets friend her) Ugh.

crazyged
07-31-2014, 05:52 AM
Edited this post because I totally mis-read it:

My clan is constantly TP'ing to each other, which is just the way I like it.

We're pretty much always grouping together on weekends for pursuits, or just to be social!

Mind you, they're all on my friends list as well, so it's a moot point for me!

duction
07-31-2014, 06:05 AM
I like this feature and have been asking for it since launch, unless they have fixed the clan member quick menu it will still only display 15 clan mates as a limit.

ConcreteSnake
07-31-2014, 06:08 AM
I for one am very happy about this. I am in a clan with 20-30 active daily members and I just don't have room on my friends lust for everybody since we are capped at 100 friends on Xbox. This will make getting contracts and arkfalls done much easier, not to mention trades with clan mates.

Mushbeeguy
07-31-2014, 06:09 AM
With all due respect, if you don't want to play with your clan, you are in the wrong clan.

The group I'm with is quite active in clan chat. When someone comes across something of interest to the group they blurt it out . Many of the more popular have full friends lists...Defiance isn't the only game in the universe.. It would be very helpful to head to them.

Ruinne
07-31-2014, 06:16 AM
I like it, solid idea.

N3gativeCr33p
07-31-2014, 07:25 AM
I for one am very happy about this. I am in a clan with 20-30 active daily members and I just don't have room on my friends lust for everybody since we are capped at 100 friends on Xbox.

I completely agree.

drackiller
07-31-2014, 07:28 AM
I for one am very happy about this. I am in a clan with 20-30 active daily members and I just don't have room on my friends lust for everybody since we are capped at 100 friends on Xbox. This will make getting contracts and arkfalls done much easier, not to mention trades with clan mates.

My PS3 is capped at 2k friends now :)
Not sure if i should be happy about that though.

Ps:2k friends via PS4

JadedSinn
07-31-2014, 07:43 AM
i love the idea. seeing as its hard for clans to get around to clan mates unless there friended. now the clanamtes i dont have on my friends list i can TP to if need be and i can now make it to the ark falls and incersions that my clanmates ragulerly talk about and tell about in clan chat. without haveing to friend them first and waist the space on my friends list. hard to keep a friends list small when u have almot your hole actave clan in it. :D

+10 to them inplamenting it finaly.

Alexri
07-31-2014, 07:50 AM
No one is saying go to clan member is a bad idea

Having it implemented with no way to opt out, however, definitely is

crazyged
07-31-2014, 07:52 AM

Nah, I love my clan - great bunch of people who are always welcome to get their behinds kicked with me!

Pandur
07-31-2014, 07:57 AM

I agree with that, it's always a good idea to have an opt out function.
For the go to friend thing too.

Etaew
07-31-2014, 07:57 AM
I suppose it's mostly an issue when you don't get on with people in your clan, for the most part I have people add me randomly when I announce an event and I don't hesitate to add them as a friend so they can jump to me. It's been a problem lately that I've had to start kicking people from my friends list because it has been full.

I can understand the desire for a privacy setting for harassment reasons, you can certain ruin someones day by getting in their face and raising threat level. However you are in a clan, and it's probably a clan leadership and management issue, as well as your own personal problem with other players.

Wraither
07-31-2014, 08:11 AM
Teleport to player should have been set up like a group invite imo

Combo Breaker
07-31-2014, 08:13 AM
If you are doing something that you would prefer not having people jump to you, you can easily solve that problem.

Just join an unpopular PVP map or join any coop (any difficulty) that isn't a daily rep coop.

When they try to jump to you it will put them in a queue for that particular map instead of letting them jump to you.

OttawaREDBLACKS
07-31-2014, 08:16 AM
good idea but now I am permanently queued up to military academy or a random advanced map since I prefer to not be threat level boosted with someone not helping.

lukeskyw
07-31-2014, 08:19 AM
I dont understand if you add friends in game or if you are in a clan its to play with people. If you dont want to just play alone in your own one people army....
Having the possibility to jump to a clan mate with out having to systematically added them as friends is a great thing (in part because of the limitations of the friend's list).

Combo Breaker
07-31-2014, 08:20 AM
good idea but now I am permanently queued up to military academy or a random advanced map since I prefer to not be threat level boosted with someone not helping.

I like how you knew which PVP map I was talking about.

I do this when I am doing my dailies.

Pandur
07-31-2014, 08:23 AM
I like how you knew which PVP map I was talking about.

I do this when I am doing my dailies.

Actually Military academy has been popping quite a few times lately on PC - EU lol

It's a convoluted solution to something that could be fixed by just having a little option (allow clan jumps -Yes/no and allow Friend jump - Yes/no)

Cavadus
07-31-2014, 08:29 AM
I'm very happy about this change! The 47th vets it's members very carefully. We've been wanting this for a long time!

Darien
07-31-2014, 08:30 AM
Break out the foil hats!

JadedSinn
07-31-2014, 08:36 AM
yaa i dont see it as a problum. if u didnt want people around you ? why be in a clan at all ? it leads me to beleave that if someone dosent like it. then thy shouldnt of been in a clan to start with.

i love my clan. i love every one in it. i rather then invade my area when im soloing then me haveing to do it solo. i hate being alone in this game . i hate doing things alone. this is an MMO its ment to be played with others. if this game had been a solo player game. there would be no point in clans. or world chat. or any of that. there would be no incursions. no co op maps. no co op arenas , no ark falls, no ark breaks , no emergansys, no grouping.

this game would of been clean cut and to the point and been thrown in a bargan bin somewhere allready by 90% of the players.

BUT

becuse there are all thes group activitys. adding in telaport to clan mate is a welcomed thing. seeing as alot of vets have been demanding it since day 1

i welcome it with open arms. and cant wait for it to go live. its going to make life so much easyer then soloing every thing under the sun.

and this is comeing from an ego 4k

DeadEye68
07-31-2014, 09:41 AM
Go to clan member is being introduced with the upcoming patch, and from the looks of it, there's no way to turn it off or block people from doing it, other than possibly queuing for something. That means that come August 5, we'll essentially lose control over who can TP to us unless you're not in a clan. For people in big clans that means potentially hundreds or even thousands of players who now get the ability to TP to you no matter what you're doing, be it trying to do a solo arena, trying to get mission done without it being TL10, or just trying out new guns and mechanics without someone jumping in and killing all your target dummies.

Hope you're happy

Make opting out work both ways i.e clannies/friends can't TP on you, and you can't TP on them either, then I'll gladly take it. If you want to shut out people from your game, there's no reason you should be able to join theirs.

rosetta_cd_29A
07-31-2014, 09:49 AM
Oh, i won't have to send a friend request first when a new clan member asks for help ?
Sweet !

Savage Hero
07-31-2014, 10:08 AM

We're pretty much always grouping together on weekends for pursuits, or just to be social!

Same for me, my clan does Dark Matter Falls and we call them in clan chat but you'd have to be friends to Tp to one another so at least this way it'll be easier to get to someone who isn't on my friends list. This can be good or bad depending on a person's perspective though.

RobDaCool
07-31-2014, 10:14 AM
My PS3 is capped at 2k friends now :)
Not sure if i should be happy about that though.

Ps:2k friends via PS4

2K friends? You have me beat by 1999 friends lol

Sliverbaer
07-31-2014, 11:15 AM
Sounds to me you are in the wrong clan.

This is an awesome function. I love the idea of all of us bouncing in on one person when an event pops and obliterate it.

DeadEye68
07-31-2014, 11:23 AM
Sounds to me you are in the wrong clan.

BoB is by far one of the best places to be on PC EU

KasperSheitup
07-31-2014, 11:30 AM
Teleport to player should have been set up like a group invite imo

This. Why is this not a thing?

BoB is by far one of the best places to be on PC EU
Love you too DeadEye :p

But in all seriousness yes, BoB is great imo, I know a few people have their controversies but I like all the people in the clan even Drunk even if he is constantly going on about that f'in bar and drinking emote. How does he have time to play and be max ego?!?!
A lot of people always willing to help out in my experience and I try to be helpful myself.

TremerChrist
07-31-2014, 11:32 AM
I've learnedly to live with the random jumps from friends. While doing 1 contract today, 3 friends jumped and then left. TL10 is easy if you take cover and play smart. Its the sudden change to TL10 that gets me killed. Should of been designed to not up the TL until an arriving player engages a enemy. And its going to be nice to jump to any clan mate that post an event in clan chat. No more sending grp invites just to get to DM or Kenn Farms.

Smiit
07-31-2014, 11:44 AM
My question is, why would you be in a clan if you didnt want to play with others? Why would you play an mmo and expect privacy? I like the feature and am glad it finally got implemented. Go to group member got added back in as well

BJWyler
07-31-2014, 11:51 AM

Agreed with that. It was a much needed feature. If it becomes a problem when people are soloing, you should just send a shout out in clan chat. Shouldn't be a problem after that, and if it is, then you are in the wrong clan.

Griffix8
07-31-2014, 11:59 AM
Frankly it annoyed me to NOT have that feature. I don't have everyone in the clan in my friend's list so it'd be nice to jump to someone to get to that Major Darkfall or they could jump to me cause my shard has an event they want to do, etc.

I'm glad we'll be able to jump to clanmates.

N3gativeCr33p
07-31-2014, 12:01 PM
I'm glad we'll be able to jump to clanmates.

Yeah, I'll probably be able to get the last two Restless Dead events I need that way.

(I just logged out because of boredom.)

Mushbeeguy
07-31-2014, 12:04 PM
Yeah, I'll probably be able to get the last two Restless Dead events I need that way.

(I just logged out because of boredom.)

Look for me online ( jump back on after the 'day change'..we'll go hunting. :)

Zombie Stark
07-31-2014, 12:04 PM
This is probably my favorite change from what I've read about the Silicon Valley patch thus far. Finally I can jump to clan members when they write "Mono final" in clan chat.

SirServed
07-31-2014, 12:20 PM

Hope you're happy
Wait. You mean I'll be able to take all the active members of my clan off my friend's list because they can join me at will and do activities I've been pushing them to do? BLASPHEMY!

Ruinne
07-31-2014, 01:12 PM
Wait. You mean I'll be able to take all the active members of my clan off my friend's list because they can join me at will and do activities I've been pushing them to do? BLASPHEMY!

I'm having a hard time seeing a downside, I might even join a clan.

ForemostMidget
07-31-2014, 03:10 PM
Does this mean they can quick jump to me in a WM - if so i might actually start playing them again...

Liquidacid
07-31-2014, 03:12 PM
If you are in a clan where other members having an option to TP to you will ruin your gaming experience than you should find a better clan

Monkerlotus
07-31-2014, 03:36 PM
If you are in a clan where other members having an option to TP to you will ruin your gaming experience than you should find a better clan

Agreed, I am actually looking forward to this feature, I'd say the majority of people in my clan are good at pointing and shooting or are at least fun to play with.

DeadEye68
07-31-2014, 03:45 PM

You're misunderstanding something here. His issue isn't about specific clan members joining him, it's about anyone joining him without his consent. Moving to another clan won't solve anything.

Etaew
07-31-2014, 03:56 PM
You're misunderstanding something here. His issue isn't about specific clan members joining him, it's about anyone joining him without his consent. Moving to another clan won't solve anything.

That's more an issue with the join feature in general, currently any of his friends, or all of his friends, at the same time could do this and it would have the same impact.

DeadEye68
07-31-2014, 04:00 PM
That's more an issue with the join feature in general, currently any of his friends, or all of his friends, at the same time could do this and it would have the same impact.

You're right, but one has control over who is on his friend list. You don't control who's a clan member, unless you're an officer or leader.

Liquidacid
07-31-2014, 04:00 PM
if other players joining you without your consent is a problem you shouldn't even be playing an open world MMO because that is kind of the point of the genre

You're right, but one has control over who is on his friend list. You don't control who's a clan member, unless you're an officer or leader.

but you control what clan you are in... which is why I said if random clan members joining is a problem he needs a different clan

Atticus Batman
07-31-2014, 04:04 PM
Make opting out work both ways i.e clannies/friends can't TP on you, and you can't TP on them either, then I'll gladly take it. If you want to shut out people from your game, there's no reason you should be able to join theirs.

Damn, for once I agree with you on something.

If a person is able to lock people out of teleporting to them, then I agree. It should be a double-sided lock to keep those recluses from using others as a jump point when we can't do so with them. It would also make Trick happier, bcause he has said he hates that everyone uses the teleport feature to jump shards. If they added this feature, then none of the recluses or privacy nuts who use it would be jumping shards anymore. :)

But, if people hate playing with other people, why play an MMO though?\

if other players joining you without your consent is a problem you shouldn't even be playing an open world MMO because that is kind of the point of the genre

but you control what clan you are in... which is why I said if random clan members joining is a problem he needs a different clan

This right here is the truth. Liquid is right.

Besides a HUGE portion of us forumites have asked for clan teleporting, and I know lots of people in game that want it too.

DeadEye68
07-31-2014, 04:06 PM
I'm all in for an opt-out from people joining you. But, as I've said, it must be bi-directional. You don't want people to join you ? No problem, but then you can't join them either.

If not, it would be like "I don't want people to walk into my house, but I want to be able to walk into theirs"

Liquidacid
07-31-2014, 04:10 PM
If not, it would be like "I don't want people to walk into my house, but I want to be able to walk into theirs"

I've had people say something close to that to me... but it was more that they wanted to come to my house but I wasn't allowed to go to their's cause their wife hates my guts

Atticus Batman
07-31-2014, 04:18 PM
I'm all in for an opt-out from people joining you. But, as I've said, it must be bi-directional. You don't want people to join you ? No problem, but then you can't join them either.

Eaxatly. If I can't go visit you. WHy should you be allowed to visit me when you damn well feel like?

The clan teleoport isn't the problem. The problem, is that you don't want people teleporting to you (OP) for one reason or another. There are solutions to that.

1: leave clan and delete friends.
2: live with it.
3: leave the game.
4: go into one of Etaew's Question threads and request that they add a friend teleport and clan teleprot opt-out opinion for us in settings.

I'd say 4 makes the most sense. Adding more (individual) privacy options is always a good thing.

DeadEye68
07-31-2014, 04:23 PM
It would also make Trick happier, bcause he has said he hates that everyone uses the teleport feature to jump shards. If they added this feature, then none of the recluses or privacy nuts who use it would be jumping shards anymore. :)

People wouldn't be doing that if not for prolonged periods without any activities, would they ?

One should not have to wait half an hour or more for some major event to occur. Emergencies, conflict sites and minor arkfalls are diversions at best, the juicy stuff happens at sieges, incursions and major arkfalls. Used to happen at the WM too, but that's another story.

What does that leave us with ? Running arenas over and over -for DLC owners-, minor arkbreaks, -broken- PvP, co-ops you can queue for all day long unless it's daily/weekly time. Indoor activities for an open world game, I sense a contradiction here.

Liquidacid
07-31-2014, 04:27 PM
Besides a HUGE portion of us forumites have asked for clan teleporting, and I know lots of people in game that want it too.

that's why I always laugh at the "they should listen to the customers" crap people post... most of the time different customers ask for contradictory things (when they aren't just asking for the ridiculous or impossible)... so no matter what they do they are ignoring somebody

Atticus Batman
07-31-2014, 04:27 PM
People wouldn't be doing that if not for prolonged periods without any activities, would they ?

One should not have to wait half an hour or more for some major event to occur. Emergencies, conflict sites and minor arkfalls are diversions at best, the juicy stuff happens at sieges, incursions and major arkfalls. Used to happen at the WM too, but that's another story.

I'm not disagreeing. I have no problem with it. Teleport to me and (Temorarily) increase my threat level. It doesn't bug me. I was playing with a level 400 character last night, and had no more isue staying alive in a tl 10 than I do with my ego 5k+ character. It's all a matter of knowing the (CURRENT) game mechanics.

JadedSinn
07-31-2014, 04:31 PM
I'm not disagreeing. I have no problem with it. Teleport to me and (Temorarily) increase my threat level. It doesn't bug me. I was playing with a level 400 character last night, and had no more isue staying alive in a tl 10 than I do with my ego 5k+ character. It's all a matter of knowing the (CURRENT) game mechanics.

no its becuse your " BATMAN " and ur just ungodly that way

Atticus Batman
07-31-2014, 04:38 PM
no its becuse your " BATMAN " and ur just ungodly that way

I'd love to agree, but the truth is I die plenty. I just can't blame it on my ego level or people increasing the threat level. It is because I am not paying complete attention to my surroundings, so I get killed from behind. lol

Liquidacid
07-31-2014, 04:40 PM
I'd love to agree, but the truth is I die plenty. I just can't blame it on my ego level or people increasing the threat level. It is because I am not paying complete attention to my surroundings, so I get killed from behind. lol

Being Batman you would think you would be super cautious about your backside after spending all those years with Robin around :D

JadedSinn
07-31-2014, 04:41 PM

naw >.> its all supermans fault . <.< and robin should of been watching your back, but she was to busy trying to find her glasses

DeadEye68
07-31-2014, 04:42 PM
Being Batman you would think you would be super cautious about your backside after spending all those years with Robin around :D

And I thought all the time it was the other way around. Did someone lie to me ?

Atticus Batman
07-31-2014, 04:44 PM
naw >.> its all supermans fault . <.< and robin should of been watching your back, but she was to busy trying to find her glasses

Robin never made it to Paradise, and it is ALWAYS Supe's fault!

Prin
07-31-2014, 04:54 PM
I'm really happy about this feature. I don't mind clan mates jumping to me, any time, no matter what I'm doing. They are welcome to join me. If I wanted my privacy, I'd play a single player game.

JadedSinn
07-31-2014, 04:59 PM
Robin never made it to Paradise, and it is ALWAYS Supe's fault!

awww. did she get to old ? or did she die in razer rain ? o.o she will be sadly missed.

lol anyway. lol we derailed the topic enough. lol

i said it earlyer in the thread. if u dont want clan mates porting to you or friends porting to you. theres no real point in being eather a clan or haveing friends. the point if an MMO like this is to enteract with others. even if most of us play the game mainly solo.

i cant think of a time i didnt enjoy the ability to travel to someone on my friends list when thy annouced to the world that thy where at an incersion or someone saying thay where at the end of a DM ark fall. or befor the WM changes. them swaying thay needed 1 more for a WM .

mmo is a scoicel gameing exsperiance. if people dont like that then sadly this and other MMOs are not games for them. i offer you. free cell or mine sweep or even solitar if thay cant play with others. :) becuse ill keep indorseing this new change forever.

nathanpbutler
07-31-2014, 05:10 PM
I actually prefer this feature. Until now, my friends list has been full of not just friends that I actually talk to but people added from our clan that I may never have even spoken with, just so that we can teleport to one another during events and the like. This will allow the friends list to be just that - friends.

hardy83
07-31-2014, 05:15 PM
Geez. Your headline made it seem like your personal privacy is going to be gone like people being able to see your account username or something. lol

Being able to instantly teleport to clan members is a good thing.

Lillith Valerian
07-31-2014, 05:28 PM
I can post? And here I thought I was banned. For a simple joke. Again.

ITT: Shocking Click-Bait Headline Made To Generate Anti-Trion Sympathy - Backlash Opinion Ensues

Everybody I know has been complaining about this *not* being an option for over a year. If you have a problem with it, it's your own fault for joining a faceless Borg clan.

You enjoy your one or two pursuits as a reward. I'll take a small group of carefully-vetted people who have become like friends or family (for better or worse, respectively).

Z0mb1E
07-31-2014, 05:30 PM

Hope you're happy

I already have as many of my clan members as possible on my friends list. Why would I not want them to use the same functionality I use to get off a dead shard?

Terrato137
07-31-2014, 05:35 PM
My response to this change is, "Ok."

DeadEye68
07-31-2014, 06:05 PM
it's your own fault for joining a faceless Borg clan.

Thanks for taking a dump on our face, much appreciated

Etaew
07-31-2014, 06:08 PM

Yeah this does make a lot of sense :)

taco man 67
07-31-2014, 06:16 PM
I for one am very happy about this. I am in a clan with 20-30 active daily members and I just don't have room on my friends lust for everybody since we are capped at 100 friends on Xbox. This will make getting contracts and arkfalls done much easier, not to mention trades with clan mates.why do u lust after your friends?

Lillith Valerian
07-31-2014, 06:19 PM
Thanks for taking a dump on our face, much appreciated

Two nights ago I was randomly followed, messaged, and called several derogatory things simply for the sin of being female, wanting to mind my own business, and be left alone, by a member of one of the Borg clans. It's one of many examples how several of them don't employ any form of quality control.

If you want to twist my point around and try to make it All About You, go right on ahead and be angry.

DeadEye68
07-31-2014, 06:34 PM
If you want to twist my point around and try to make it All About You, go right on ahead and be angry.

Your past experiences with others clans is of no importance when you disparage a clan both OP and I happen to be part of. Clan you have no experience with, seen as you never been on PC EU, am I right ?

So, no I didn't "twist your point around". I reacted to a pretty much off the mark designation being used.

Lillith Valerian
07-31-2014, 06:42 PM
The OP essentially disparaged your clan, not me. I think you're specifically reacting to me, rather than many others in the thread, for several expressions of a valid point that you seem to take issue with - that if the OP has a problem with the change, then they probably need to change their perspective, or find another clan.

At any rate, for you to take issue with it is your problem, not mine. I don't care, and stand by my initial post. I've had nothing but bad experience with large, bloated clans who don't vet members.

Jet1337
07-31-2014, 06:54 PM
Oh Lilly, you always crack me up when I need a laugh. <3

DeadEye68
07-31-2014, 07:56 PM
I've had nothing but bad experience with large, bloated clans who don't vet members.

On the other hand, I had terrible experiences with those who do. Pack mentality, either you're one of '"us" or you'll be treated like an unwelcome guest -at best- or like a stray dog when not pissed on or ridiculed until the day you get kicked without notice nor explanation.

Oh, did I mention how much I hate pack mentality ? Having to go through a job interview and wish for benevolence from the authorities doesn't thrill me at all.

PS : about the OP, there still should be one of his posts somewhere on the forum, telling how much he values other players in Defiance. It's not clan specific.

JadedSinn
08-01-2014, 02:19 AM
still here. still rooting for this change. still happy its comeing. and still vary strongly think the OP if he has a problum with people should leave his clan and probaly delete his friends list. seeing as thay can port to him also. and just solo run the game from this day on.

this change has been demanded for over a year. this change is finaly comeing even though trick hates the fact that players shard hop useing the telaport to friends ability and the telaport to leader ability.

with this it will now make it so that people might (( vary big might )) beable to start to do the WM agine now that u can send one person in and have 50+ clan mates all port to said person at once.

the implamintation of the new clan telaport is also going to make it easy for clan mates to jump between SV and SF seeing as theres no way of telling other then thought private chat and clan chat and posably whisper whats going on over on eather land mass at any time. so over all

this is a welcome change. and every one that is anyone that knows anything about this game. is welcomeing this with open arms. the only people complaning are well. the people that dont like to be sociel atleast thats how im seeing it.

Pandur
08-01-2014, 02:29 AM

Absolutely fair, I expect someone that doesn't want to be jumped to to not want to jump to anyone either.
Options are good though and the "you need to be social everytime all the time everywhere" is pushed too much into our face at the moment anyways(Everywhere, not just in defiance). A simple turn off toggle can't be so hard.

But like I said it won't affect me since I could only jump to myself :P

drackiller
08-01-2014, 02:51 AM
2K friends? You have me beat by 1999 friends lol

LOL. But yeah, i can accept friend requests on my PS3 past 100 because of the PS4.

Synther
08-01-2014, 06:36 AM
Absolutely fair, I expect someone that doesn't want to be jumped to to not want to jump to anyone either.
Options are good though and the "you need to be social everytime all the time everywhere" is pushed too much into our face at the moment anyways(Everywhere, not just in defiance). A simple turn off toggle can't be so hard.

But like I said it won't affect me since I could only jump to myself :P

They'll add this functionality but Trick will make it a uber rare RNG that is only farmable from an over priced Lockbox that can only be opened via special keys purchased with Bits.

N3gativeCr33p
08-01-2014, 07:09 AM
They'll add this functionality but Trick will make it a uber rare RNG that is only farmable from an over priced Lockbox that can only be opened via special keys purchased with Bits.

... because grenades?

Mia Faith
08-01-2014, 08:17 AM
Can you get rid of the players you met on the playstation? I dont see a way to delete them from the liist

CRIXDA
08-01-2014, 11:56 AM
Hate to say it, but this is one of the more rediculous and remedial threads that I have seen on the forums here. Like they said, if you don't want to play with your clan or don't want them playing with you - quit the clan.
Threat level shouldn't even be an issue.
I love this.
1200 pts to Gryfyndor.

soria
08-01-2014, 01:20 PM

Hope you're happy
Can you not just enter matchmaking as you can now which takes away the go to option and leaving join?

Drunk
08-01-2014, 06:31 PM
But in all seriousness yes, BoB is great imo, I know a few people have their controversies but I like all the people in the clan even Drunk even if he is constantly going on about that f'in bar and drinking emote. How does he have time to play and be max ego?!?!
A lot of people always willing to help out in my experience and I try to be helpful myself.

wait... whats this!!! did someone say bar and drinking emote...... I had my ego maxed out before i joined bob then i worked my way up thru the ranks and became leader and now i leech xp when needed from my minions!

In all serious tho guys bob is an open and fun clan to join, feel free to become one of my defiant minions and we will one day overthrow trion and return the world to the tinfoil hatted, conspiracy theory ridden place it deserves to be!

Catch any bob member in game and whisper for an invite:cool:

coreessence
08-01-2014, 06:43 PM
This is a feature that we've been waiting for since the days of Sledgehammer78. It was an over site from the early development.

Currently the tactic I use is clear a daily/weekly area to last stage then announce location and get the daily/weekly completed quickly.

It would go along way to Arkfalls and specific pursuits, like this evening new clan members weren't able to TP to other because friend lists were maxed (not to mention the 'features' we are having with the friends list).

This is a social game, and Trion have been trying for a while to encourage group play. Theres no reason that you cant go running off soloing, you would only have a few people now and then changing shards to see what other map activity is going on.

Choosing to be part of a clan whether is casual, serious or roleplay is a CHOICE to join an active community.

Still looking forward to Schtako Bell and Crater Bar being open and having a good much and a beer with my dear friend Drunk and a few other clan members..... Initiations for all recruits!

JEMINAI
08-01-2014, 06:48 PM
well since the add friend option has gone awol for me i welcome this change at least.

got to ask though... what are you doing in defiance that requires privacy...?:eek:

Lillith Valerian
08-01-2014, 06:55 PM
I would looove a 'drinking' emote! They already exist in game (Celebration). I can't imagine it being that hard to enable it so that we can do it at any time, rather than just during that emergency. Just imagine a handful of clan members standing around, casually drinking. That's an example of the kind of small details that build affection for a game.

The butthurt over clans is ignored.

Etaew
08-01-2014, 07:01 PM
I would looove a 'drinking' emote! They already exist in game (Celebration). I can't imagine it being that hard to enable it so that we can do it at any time, rather than just during that emergency. Just imagine a handful of clan members standing around, casually drinking. That's an example of the kind of small details that build affection for a game.

Trick has been speaking about this, and acknowledges that this is something that some members of the community desire. The emote is in the game at that emergency but without a cup in the players hand. I've seen other games spawn a cup in the hand at the start of the animation but Defiance doesn't currently have support for this and I'm not sure of the steps necessary for this to be done.

Drunk
08-01-2014, 07:05 PM
crater bar needs sorting as a trade area.... i wanna trade oj's for beer!

Etaew
08-01-2014, 07:06 PM
crater bar needs sorting as a trade area.... i wanna trade oj's for beer!

Love it, we don't accept currency, we accept your old crap gear.

Drunk
08-01-2014, 07:13 PM
its not crap... its quality merchandise... *wink*wink*

K Ron Spliffs
08-01-2014, 07:16 PM
It is a MMO, you are meant to be surrounded by people. The fact that you want to play by yourself proves how broken this game is. :rolleyes:

Nefarious
08-01-2014, 07:17 PM
Players want to be part of the biggest clans because they have all the clan bonuses. But now its a burden since clan mates will be able to port on you? Leave the clan then.

One thing cool about Destiny clans is that there's a 75 person limit. I wish Defiance had such a cap from the start. This would of stopped the biggest clans pouching members from others and consuming everyone and clan selection and membership would have more of a meaning.

Atticus Batman
08-01-2014, 08:06 PM

Btw I added something basicly like this to the questions thread to see if they even acknowledge it.

Atticus Batman
08-01-2014, 08:11 PM

Sounds good to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22-HSjMS3Ks

DeadEye68
08-02-2014, 01:21 AM
we don't accept currency, we accept your old crap gear.

Is there even enough beer for that ?

rawmelon
08-02-2014, 01:30 AM
so i can now bring a party with me me everywhere i go. GET IT? PARTY?

Chocolatelover67
08-02-2014, 10:02 PM
Well it's not that bad it's only TP to other clan members. It's not like any random will be teleporting to anyone else..

dfe
08-03-2014, 08:26 PM
finally we can kill warmaster with this

josec35
08-03-2014, 08:36 PM
Party party everywhere! I hope we can fill a room with 50 players like I've seen on youtube videos.

Chocolatelover67
08-03-2014, 09:42 PM
Party party everywhere! I hope we can fill a room with 50 players like I've seen on youtube videos.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!

Let the insanity begin

Ned Kelly
08-03-2014, 10:29 PM

Hope you're happy

Wants to be alone in game, plays mmo and joins forum
http://bigtonysfantasyleague.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/smh-bunk-from-the-wire.gif?w=320

VicousBlood
08-04-2014, 01:45 AM
I think it should be a choice, but it seems like what they are trying to do is make sure all members of a clan end up on the same sub server channel, or as they call it "shard". As I had posted this video long ago on how to switch between channels. I think a better option would have been to give the users a small menu to switch channels with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xAQCYOxl0c

Griffix8
08-04-2014, 01:49 AM
I think it should be a choice, but it seems like what they are trying to do is make sure all members of a clan end up on the same sub server channel, or as they call it "shard". As I had posted this video long ago on how to switch between channels. I think a better option would have been to give the users a small menu to switch channels with.
Hmm, I thought Trick didn't like people shard jumping....

Amack
08-04-2014, 01:51 AM

I think the reasoning behind that answer was more to try and control the ingame population and not so much to stop it from actually happening... if that makes sense.

cyguy
08-04-2014, 01:54 AM

I'm glad for this as well. It was an annoying thing to put clan groups together when they weren't on your friend list. You'd have to group with them or have them on your list to TP to them. This way when someone calls out a grid, arkfall, or incursion we can just all TP to that person instead of going through the hassle of seeing if we can or not. Though I can understand your point in people using you as a teleport anchor, especially if you are in mid-mission.

Amack
08-04-2014, 01:59 AM
It is funny how things can change in 5-6 months. (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?150358-A-question-for-the-other-large-clans-and-Trion.&highlight=large+clans)

VicousBlood
08-04-2014, 02:02 AM

I think the reasoning behind that answer was more to try and control the ingame population and not so much to stop it from actually happening... if that makes sense.

Exactly, it seems the way the channel balancing system should work, is not how it is actually working. Sometimes you get sent to a channel that is near empty when other channels are not even close to capacity. And if you are given no way out, you will most likely sit there until it fills(However this is just an observation from running all my accounts at once.). But odds are most of us will be grinding or running around to notice how much time has gone by. But that really sucks when you are trying to form daily or weekly pursuit parties and not have the option of moving to a server with more population to quickly form a party or moving to a server with less population (if you already have a party).