PDA

View Full Version : best shield?

Zeru_Jupit
08-01-2014, 08:59 AM
I got a hurricare regen IV DX and i would like to know if i should, you know keep, make it orange and rise its rating once i have enough ark forge or to just ignore it and just worry once i am +5000 ego rating then buy one? Or if there is a better shield then could you type the whole name please?

P.S. I like the shields that recharge the sooner but i mostly use cloak so i guess a shield that takes 6 secs to recharge isnt much of a problem. But i do want a shield that regenerates health :).

hawke
08-01-2014, 09:03 AM
Look for a Rhino/Respark Regen IV EX or V ARK. Hurricane is kinda meh

Zeru_Jupit
08-01-2014, 09:11 AM
ok ill check them out :)

Rampage zR
08-01-2014, 09:12 AM
rhino/rebel/respark regens depends on what you like

diogenes
08-01-2014, 09:21 AM
I like to tank it in PvE, so I prefer Ironclad regens since to me the extra capacity is more valued than a shorter recharge time. My ideal would be the Ironclad Regen V Ark, but my main character runs with an Ironclad Regen IV EX.

Quebra Regra
08-01-2014, 09:32 AM
Is it just me or does the CHIMERA CLAW seem o.k.?

Mia Faith
08-01-2014, 10:03 AM
I have a shelid that is around 1700 and one that is like 2200 but the 1700 is better because it has 2 of the yellow icons for a sheild? and if one is a level 250 and one is a level 300 how can the level 250 be beter? both are green

NeuroticHitman
08-01-2014, 10:04 AM
I got a hurricare regen IV DX and i would like to know if i should, you know keep, make it orange and rise its rating once i have enough ark forge or to just ignore it and just worry once i am +5000 ego rating then buy one? Or if there is a better shield then could you type the whole name please?

P.S. I like the shields that recharge the sooner but i mostly use cloak so i guess a shield that takes 6 secs to recharge isnt much of a problem. But i do want a shield that regenerates health :).

That shield isn't bad...but I wouldn't invest AF into making it legendary...Hell...Unless you are already 5k EGO I wouldn't invest AF into ANY shield other than an ARK. The Hurricane isn't a bad shield, but I agree with Hawke; resparks are better.

What you should be looking for are respark regens with either 50% or 75% Health Regen. Depending on your EGO and the system you play on I may be able to help you out. I'm on the 360, and I have multiple respark regen shields.

fighterpilot04
08-01-2014, 10:32 AM
dont do anything to any shield that is not a IV or V EX. with that said, a IV gives you protection against nanos, a V does not, but has better stats.

also, read the description closely. the regen only works after the shield fully recharges, so you want an extremely fast recharge to get the boost. resparks are the best for this. if youo have a shield that gives a bonus while shield is down, then you want a long delay to take full advantage.

research your shields and what each one does. then find one to fit your playstyle.

PiccolaRivolta
08-01-2014, 10:41 AM
Here is explained everything http://www.defiancedata.com/shields.php

My favourite shields are Respark and Rebel, both have the lowest delay which is optimal for gun 'n running.
Rebel however has 50% more capacity than Respark but a slower recharge rate.

Respark takes around 4.75s (2.25s+2.5s) to fully recharge from 0, Rebel takes 12.25s (2.25s+10s).

Rhino and Ironclad fit more a sniper/cloak user or PvP in general. High cap but long delay.

Rhino takes around 12.1s (9.6s+2,5s) to fully recharge from 0, Ironclad takes 16s (6s+10s)

Tachyon and Hurricane are the worst shields in my opinion.

Even if they recharge in one second, they still have a very long delay and only medium capacity.

I use an Ironclad Regenerator EX and I know it's a bad idea because for the +75% Hp regen bonus to take effect the shield has to reach the max... So my health does not start to regen for 16 seconds after the shield breaks... For that reason I run with Regeneration perk all the time.

Deunan
08-01-2014, 10:56 AM
Is it just me or does the CHIMERA CLAW seem o.k.?I think it's a great shield. I use it for PvP and for PvE tanking. In PvP high capacity over fast regeneration is preferable for most play styles because of the high burst damage that most players are using.

For PvE you can compensate for the low regeneration rate and longer recharge delay by equipping the Execution perk. If you're using a high capacity shield you can get right in the enemies' faces to ensure critical kills to keep the shield up most of the time.