PDA

View Full Version : future of defiance game

bambam625
08-01-2014, 03:20 PM
is this game doing well, and will it be around for awhile, ive heard rumor of it getting shut down, and i just started playing it and am absolutely in love with it, i plan on being a regular player as long as it exists, and continues to update.

just a question

Bonehead
08-01-2014, 03:25 PM
I can say definitively that it will be around for a while.

bambam625
08-01-2014, 03:29 PM
are there any plans to add features, or areas to the game

RobDaCool
08-01-2014, 03:31 PM
are there any plans to add features, or areas to the game

I believe they're adding a new area this coming Tuesday? or Monday? One of those days.

bambam625
08-01-2014, 03:32 PM
wow thats great

AceRimmer
08-01-2014, 03:56 PM
is this game doing well, and will it be around for awhile, ive heard rumor of it getting shut down, and i just started playing it and am absolutely in love with it, i plan on being a regular player as long as it exists, and continues to update.

just a question

In my opinion, if they keep attracting new players, who pay money for DLC and in the bits store, the game will be around for a while yet.
For some veteran players who have been around since it came out, we need either short breaks or very long breaks from the game, due to the constant probs with server issues, disconnections and unfair disadvantages that Trion keep implementing, the latest being rarity upgrades from Purp to OJ, for some, the whole Trick lockbreaker issue, that some supported, and a lottttt hated.

For the new player, because they won't have experienced how Defiance used to be, they will enjoy the game for how it is now, but give it a year or so, and those same players will call themselves "veterans" and complain about the latest patch which nerfed something in the game :)

But, nobody, and I mean nobody at all can truly say what the future of Defiance will be, only guesses.

lukeskyw
08-01-2014, 04:14 PM
Possible future : an arkfall will fall on the hamster who's running the servers .... :D

Possible future : the devs will be taken over by Grid's Revenants ... ohh scary !

Drunk
08-01-2014, 06:09 PM
possible future: Lukeskyw will receive a shipment of the letter E and correct his thread post

Possible future: Irisa will do battle with barbra streisand and finally end the galactic war that is the real secret reason behind the votans arrival on earth

Wraither
08-01-2014, 06:17 PM
If you had asked this awhile back I think my answer would have been very different

The dev's seem to be balancing on a point which if tipped the right direction will mean this game will be around for a long time to come and see some very cool features added, so let your voice be heard and encourage others to do the same

Currently I think it is on shaky ground though due to some issues that are hurting the fun factor, however if the bit store starts to offer more solid purchases in the way of decent player armor/outfits, weapons that are not a random roll chance, weapon skins, custom add-ons for vehicles etc, a bar with awesome ambient interior and sweet music to take away from the bleak world outside and moves a little away from the gambling/RNG aspect and implements some other more social aspects like player races in vehicles or something, then we are in store for very cool stuff and will see Defiance stay for years to come

Personally I don't see paying for DLC as something that will save the game, but that's just my opinion. I think the bitstore needs to be run like the impulse racks in a retail environment... anyone can afford and will buy something that is a low cost and very cool to them, but it has to be something pretty cool, and a "chance at this or that" is only hurting the game with regards to the bitstore (like handing out purple cowboy outfits for a random outfit... seriously?? whats next, a55-less chaps?). Also, I saw on Kiwibirds Q and A post that player generated content may be a reality soon amongst other good things.

If these things happen, Defiance will be something to compete with the major MMO's

Escyos
08-01-2014, 09:17 PM
If by rumors you mean facebook comments or posts by users on these forums then they aren't credible. We can only speculate on how profitable Defiance is for Trion and on its future. So just play the game and see what happens.

Dandrielas
08-01-2014, 09:19 PM
Hard to say. I am sometimes surprised it has lasted this long.

Z0mb1E
08-01-2014, 09:31 PM
I'll be here too! GoGo Extra life I can't wait!!!!

CRIXDA
08-02-2014, 03:54 AM
I have made a few threads asking this same question.
I hope that this game can make 2 years, honestly I do.
There is one factor that can make it happen, to be sure - that is Trion Worlds.
It will be up to the Company to see if Defiance will make it.
The community will be here, but will the company allow the game to live that long?