PDA

View Full Version : Looks like another "fun" weekend of continual disconnects.

Festival
08-02-2014, 10:10 AM
Nothing like watching people run in place while waiting for the inevitable critical disconnect hammer to fall. Nothing like working to get a decent score (with a DPS loadout, thankyouverymuch) and having it all go for naught. Nothing like having this happen basically every time you try to log in and play. That's some quality netcode ya got there, Trion.

And by "quality," I mean "would be embarrassingly bad for an alpha test."

RobDaCool
08-02-2014, 10:14 AM
Has happened to me three times today :( I just gave up and logged out completely.

Festival
08-02-2014, 10:22 AM
Has happened to me three times today :( I just gave up and logged out completely.

Same here. I gave it four or five tries (none of which lasted more than five minutes w/o a critical disconnect), then just said "fcuk this" and logged.

I've played and loved this game for a long time now (see forum join date), despite it being the only game I know that's actually seen a steady, uninterrupted decline in quality, rather than the expected opposite. About at the end of my rope...and really only sticking around at this point to see Silicon Valley.

N3gativeCr33p
08-02-2014, 10:25 AM
About at the end of my rope...and really only sticking around at this point to see Silicon Valley.

I know the feeling, and agree with you 100%.

Silicon Valley or bust!

Milkweed
08-02-2014, 10:33 AM
Played a few hours last night it was almost unbearable. MASSIVE stop-motion lag in co-op, 2 DM arkfalls with the ol' running in place...but managed to finish both. Then I just laid low and did some trades.

Milkweed
08-02-2014, 10:33 AM
I know the feeling, and agree with you 100%.

Silicon Valley or bust!

bust
10 char

N3gativeCr33p
08-02-2014, 10:35 AM
Played a few hours last night it was almost unbearable. MASSIVE stop-motion lag in co-op, 2 DM arkfalls with the ol' running in place...but managed to finish both. Then I just laid low and did some trades.

Odd. Things seemed pretty normal last night over on the NA/360 servers. I actually even managed to find ONE Restless Dead emergency with two other clan mates!

Milkweed
08-02-2014, 10:38 AM
Odd. Things seemed pretty normal last night over on the NA/360 servers. I actually even managed to find ONE Restless Dead emergency with two other clan mates!

Was playing PS3 NA. tried free PC version but like console play better so my friend that quit gave me his disc :) so why not aggravate myself?

Then around 7:30 pm Trion time the 30-minute "server reset" warning popped up. 8:00 came, no reset. 8:30 no reset. We all had a good laugh about thatt!

N3gativeCr33p
08-02-2014, 10:39 AM
Was playing PS3 NA.

Ouch... that explains it then.

LAS
08-02-2014, 10:54 AM
I'm new to this, and at first the game looked very good. Actually, it was some 'wow' about it, because it's sci-fi, it has decent plot and, the most appealing to me, it is PvE (which is quite a rare thing). But after a day or so came the lag. I understand that the game became free-to-play and went on Steam, but that's exactly the point! Now you're on different field. You cannot make free-to-players pay, only to persuade them to do so. For me it was an instant buy the DLC-bundle, but now... if I cannot enjoy the game, what's the point to spend money on it? You should do something with that lag problem, or after a couple of weeks you may as well revert the game back to subscription. Free-to-players, well, most of them, will not pay for lag and disconnections.

rosetta_cd_29A
08-02-2014, 06:03 PM
This thread and others make me nervous to fire up the game today, but i just gotta say a lil something from the other side. I've been playing a lil less than a month, am ego 2700ish and i have seen only 2 yes TWO critical disconnect errors in all that time. And neither were during an event, both were when i was just parked in a car having a smoke.

Not sure what i'm doing special, but my PC runs nothing else besides the game i play, no alt tabbing to anything, no other programs running when i game, and no wi-fi nonsense.

Now, i have been in incursions with tons of people around and all of a sudden noticed that i was alone and eventually people started to appear again and other silly things like that, but nothing game breaking only immersion breaking. And i regularly have 12 hour marathons and no life.

Not trying to be a b!tch or anything, but i have no complaints with this game, and people rarely post on forums when everything is okay, so i thought i would. I still hate you though, Trick.

Bonehead
08-02-2014, 06:24 PM
PC is the most stable of the three platforms but this weekend it has been sub par for me.

rosetta_cd_29A
08-02-2014, 06:27 PM
Well coffee and forum time is almost over so i'll soon see.

Also, no funny image Bonehead ?!? Thanks for all the laughs though, you are bretty funny guy !

3rdpig
08-02-2014, 07:04 PM
Well coffee and forum time is almost over so i'll soon see.

Also, no funny image Bonehead ?!? Thanks for all the laughs though, you are bretty funny guy !

I'll fill in for Boney

http://argodocs.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/server-down.jpg

Bonehead
08-02-2014, 07:10 PM
I'll fill in for Boney

http://argodocs.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/server-down.jpg

Thanks Pig!

BTW consider that jpeg stolen my friend.

MadDogTremor
08-03-2014, 08:57 PM
Think about it....

Silicon Valley in 2 days.....

Of course the weekend prior is going to be buggy. Have we learned nothing of Trions workflow?