PDA

View Full Version : TRION, Please Don't Limit Our Weapon Rarity Upgrades !!!

Ozz
08-03-2014, 12:28 AM
I have spent a lot of time collecting potentially good weapons for upgrading their rarity, and now due to this new change coming, I don't have enough time to upgrade all the ones I want or the money to buy game bits for arkforge. I'm really mad about this because now they will all be trashed.

A similar thing happened last year when you changed the rolls on weapons, which devalued all my legendary weapons, which were all later scrapped. What a waste of time that was and you didn't offer any compensation to all your supporters then either.

In a recent post, you said that this change would not happen for a few weeks. That was bad enough, but I understand that you will be doing this on Tuesday. This is not fair to us people who support you ! You should at least give us all about one month to finish upgrading the rarity of these weapons as we planned to do. This way, the people who have payed money will not be so upset at this change.

Another option you could offer to all your paying customers, is a one off lump sum of Arkforge to at least finish their favorite weapons or shields, if you intend to go ahead with this on Tuesday.

Many people have at least 10 favorite weapons they would like to upgrade the rarity on. Since this change is going to cost us losses again (I have 100's), I think it is only fair that you compensate us for this. I'm talking about a generous amount of arkforge, like 20,000.

Every time I look in my inventory at all the weapons n shields i have saved to upgrade, I just get so upset at what you are going to do. I cannot achieve what I want to do in the time span we have left.

Seriously, I am really mad at this change you are going to do. This is not the only way that you can up your sales in the store. I ask you to reconsider this action before you go ahead with it. Be fair to all those who support you and keep you in business. :mad::mad::mad:

Amack
08-03-2014, 01:59 AM
I feel your pain Ozz. I am sure many others do as well. 20 USD will get you 500 AF. That means that 20k AF in Trion's eyes is equal to almost 800 USD. That ain't gonna happen I am afraid.

I do think they should have at least granted something though. For example, 1k AF would have allowed people to upgrade 5 blue items to purple before the change, which in turn would have been upgraded to orange later at the cost of 500 arkforge a piece, that is 5 more oranges everyone would have had eventually to spend even more arkforge on once they can reroll stats and synergies. If the forums would have blown up, they might have come up with some form of compensation. Maybe they still will, who knows.

Ned Kelly
08-03-2014, 02:05 AM
Look what happened when they brought in the idea for DLC 5 and all those legendary favourite weapons became obsolete because of the Mt Everest climb that was required to upgrade the ego level.

Because grenades.

I'm convinced given the track record of the man of the people tr1ck that nothing will change and 99% of all purple drops going forward are going to be already encrypted, and there will magically be a legendary box again in the bit store. Obviously some companys learn and appreciate their player base and others like this one just well.....

Amack
08-03-2014, 02:28 AM
Look what happened when they brought in the idea for DLC 5 and all those legendary favourite weapons became obsolete because of the Mt Everest climb that was required to upgrade the ego level.

Because grenades.

I'm convinced given the track record of the man of the people tr1ck that nothing will change and 99% of all purple drops going forward are going to be already encrypted, and there will magically be a legendary box again in the bit store. Obviously some companys learn and appreciate their player base and others like this one just well.....

But, but... Ned, it's a business! A for profit business. That justifies them doing whatever they want, doesn't it?

The players who actually believe Encryption has anything to do with Lockbox sales, are the same players that were expecting the claim section and inventory changes to improve stability.

Bonehead
08-03-2014, 02:37 AM
The players who actually believe Encryption has anything to do with Lockbox sales, are the same players that were expecting the claim section and inventory changes to improve stability.

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/giphy_zpsa697a31a.gif

Ozz
08-03-2014, 07:02 AM

Because grenades.

My thoughts and suspicions are very similar

RobDaCool
08-03-2014, 07:24 AM
I learned something a long time ago while playing another MMO, Star Wars galaxies, that if the development team says they're going to do something and even if every single player doesn't want it to happen, they're still going to do it.

Coyote Clive
08-03-2014, 07:36 AM
It's designed to make all the players with stuff they want to upgrade make a run on the bit store for arkforge before the change to encrypted guns. That's it. They don't give us enough time because that way the only way to get what you want is to buy bits and get arkforge. Everything they change leads to the bit store in some way.

But think carefully about how often they pull the rug out from under us before you use your real world hard earned money to buy arkforge to upgrade imaginary stuff that they may nerf or devalue in only a few weeks when the next big thing comes out.

Amack
08-03-2014, 07:55 AM
It's designed to make all the players with stuff they want to upgrade make a run on the bit store for arkforge before the change to encrypted guns. That's it. They don't give us enough time because that way the only way to get what you want is to buy bits and get arkforge. Everything they change leads to the bit store in some way.

But think carefully about how often they pull the rug out from under us before you use your real world hard earned money to buy arkforge to upgrade imaginary stuff that they may nerf or devalue in only a few weeks when the next big thing comes out.

True Story.

konstantinov
08-03-2014, 08:20 AM
I learned something a long time ago while playing another MMO, Star Wars galaxies, that if the development team says they're going to do something and even if every single player doesn't want it to happen, they're still going to do it.

cough NGE cough.

N3gativeCr33p
08-03-2014, 08:25 AM
Every time I look in my inventory at all the weapons n shields i have saved to upgrade, I just get so upset at what you are going to do. I cannot achieve what I want to do in the time span we have left.

You and me both. Almost makes me feel depressed just thinking about it.

It is what it is.

taco man 67
08-03-2014, 08:46 AM
I have spent a lot of time collecting potentially good weapons for upgrading their rarity, and now due to this new change coming, I don't have enough time to upgrade all the ones I want or the money to buy game bits for arkforge. I'm really mad about this because now they will all be trashed.

A similar thing happened last year when you changed the rolls on weapons, which devalued all my legendary weapons, which were all later scrapped. What a waste of time that was and you didn't offer any compensation to all your supporters then either.

In a recent post, you said that this change would not happen for a few weeks. That was bad enough, but I understand that you will be doing this on Tuesday. This is not fair to us people who support you ! You should at least give us all about one month to finish upgrading the rarity of these weapons as we planned to do. This way, the people who have payed money will not be so upset at this change.

Another option you could offer to all your paying customers, is a one off lump sum of Arkforge to at least finish their favorite weapons or shields, if you intend to go ahead with this on Tuesday.

Many people have at least 10 favorite weapons they would like to upgrade the rarity on. Since this change is going to cost us losses again (I have 100's), I think it is only fair that you compensate us for this. I'm talking about a generous amount of arkforge, like 20,000.

Seriously, I am really mad at this change you are going to do. This is not the only way that you can up your sales in the store. I ask you to reconsider this action before you go ahead with it. Be fair to all those who support you and keep you in business. :mad::mad::mad:this is an rpg at its core. that means grinding to get what u want, and there is actual joy when u get an oj. this whole upgrade was a terrible idea from the beginning. I don't even bother looking at the ojs I pull now because 99% of them would never be as good as the 1s u could build. I like nice guns, but I want to earn them not build them

Ozz
08-03-2014, 09:59 AM
At the end of the day we should be compensated if trion is gonna change it all around again while we lose out.

3rdpig
08-03-2014, 10:04 AM
But, but... Ned, it's a business! A for profit business. That justifies them doing whatever they want, doesn't it?

Yes, as a matter of fact it does. Their business, their rules.

Just like you get to do whatever you want with your money. Your money, you're rules.

The knife cuts on both edges.

3rdpig
08-03-2014, 10:11 AM
this is an rpg at its core. that means grinding to get what u want, and there is actual joy when u get an oj. this whole upgrade was a terrible idea from the beginning. I don't even bother looking at the ojs I pull now because 99% of them would never be as good as the 1s u could build. I like nice guns, but I want to earn them not build them

As an old school RPG player I'd agree with you except for one thing. In old school RPGs we'd have a store, or multiple stores, where we could see what we wanted and the price, even if it was absurd. We could kill and collect loot, and eventually buy that sword.

In Defiance we can't do that. We buy a box who's contents is completely unknown. We grind and grind and grind and more often that not we get 4 crap blue weapons. There may be a 1 in 100 shot that there might be a Legendary weapon inside, but what do you think the odds are that it will be the one Legendary we want, have the synergy we want AND have the rolls we want. I'm guessing, guessing because I suck at math, that's it's at least 1 in 10,000.

IMO that passes "grinding", zooms right through "annoying", still has some energy as it coasts past "Waste of time" and stops right in the middle of the land of "Hopeless and infuriating".

taco man 67
08-03-2014, 11:02 AM
As an old school RPG player I'd agree with you except for one thing. In old school RPGs we'd have a store, or multiple stores, where we could see what we wanted and the price, even if it was absurd. We could kill and collect loot, and eventually buy that sword.

In Defiance we can't do that. We buy a box who's contents is completely unknown. We grind and grind and grind and more often that not we get 4 crap blue weapons. There may be a 1 in 100 shot that there might be a Legendary weapon inside, but what do you think the odds are that it will be the one Legendary we want, have the synergy we want AND have the rolls we want. I'm guessing, guessing because I suck at math, that's it's at least 1 in 10,000.

IMO that passes "grinding", zooms right through "annoying", still has some energy as it coasts past "Waste of time" and stops right in the middle of the land of "Hopeless and infuriating".none of us needed this option until we saw it. not every weapon we have needs to be perfect, and it makes the really nice pulls that much nicer.

Ozz
08-03-2014, 11:07 AM
Just for your information, I do grind for my Arkforge to upgrade my weapon (Ego & Rarity). Some of you assumed that I just buy my Arkforge.

taco man 67
08-03-2014, 11:12 AM
Just for your information, I do grind for my Arkforge to upgrade my weapon (Ego & Rarity). Some of you assumed that I just buy my Arkforge.not talking about arkforge. talking about playing the game and getting what u pull or trade 4. the option to upgrade killed the gun market. a reason many of us still play this game

drackiller
08-03-2014, 11:42 AM
not talking about arkforge. talking about playing the game and getting what u pull or trade 4. the option to upgrade killed the gun market. a reason many of us still play this game

I never bought a weapon or shield from another player since the beggining of the game. I always played with what the game gived to me.
Like Ozz i grind the AF ingame to upgrade my weapons, meaning that i earned the right to upgrade my items.

taco man 67
08-03-2014, 11:47 AM
I never bought a weapon or shield from another player since the beggining of the game. I always played with what the game gived to me.
Like Ozz i grind the AF ingame to upgrade my weapons, meaning that i earned the right to upgrade my items.then you are a rare breed most people have bought from or traded with others. when did u start playing btw?

drackiller
08-03-2014, 11:52 AM
then you are a rare breed most people have bought or traded with others.

In any game that i played that has a trading system i never buy items from other players, but i do give items away.
I believe in the chase of better items and i also believe that part of the chase resides on the item upgrading.
This game didn`t had that feature and it was a much needed one, many other games have that functionality.

taco man 67
08-03-2014, 12:00 PM
In any game that i played that has a trading system i never buy items from other players, but i do give items away.
I believe in the chase of better items and i also believe that part of the chase resides on the item upgrading.
This game didn`t had that feature and it was a much needed one, many other games have that functionality.what games have u played that let you upgrade a common item up to the highest grade?

ConcreteSnake
08-03-2014, 12:19 PM
what games have u played that let you upgrade a common item up to the highest grade?

you can make legendary items in Diablo 3 with the right materials

ConcreteSnake
08-03-2014, 12:20 PM
Also I like cheese

taco man 67
08-03-2014, 12:24 PM
you can make legendary items in Diablo 3 with the right materialsyes but those items didn't start as a white item

Bonehead
08-03-2014, 12:29 PM
Regardless, it's a done deal. Best learn to deal with it.

taco man 67
08-03-2014, 12:32 PM
Regardless, it's a done deal. Best learn to deal with it.indeed......

TremerChrist
08-03-2014, 01:09 PM
not talking about arkforge. talking about playing the game and getting what u pull or trade 4. the option to upgrade killed the gun market. a reason many of us still play this game

You think this will help with the market? I really hope so. A big part of the game was taking away from me and many others with the rarity upgrades. Tired of selling what used to be sought after weapons to vender. The whole point of this game was the chase for weapons. The biggest social aspect for me was trading with others, now that its gone, there isn't a whole lot to do after contracts.

BJWyler
08-03-2014, 01:25 PM
this is an rpg at its core. that means grinding to get what u want, and there is actual joy when u get an oj. this whole upgrade was a terrible idea from the beginning. I don't even bother looking at the ojs I pull now because 99% of them would never be as good as the 1s u could build. I like nice guns, but I want to earn them not build them

How is complete RNG/Luck of the Draw a joy - especially when many of those OJs are useless because of the synergies or rolls that come with them. What is a joy and what is fulfillment, especially in a shooter, is taking that favorite weapon of yours and making it better and better as you progress through the game, so it becomes like a close friend in your adventures of shooting things in the face. To limit the ability to do that is completely asinine.

taco man 67
08-03-2014, 02:08 PM
How is complete RNG/Luck of the Draw a joy - especially when many of those OJs are useless because of the synergies or rolls that come with them. What is a joy and what is fulfillment, especially in a shooter, is taking that favorite weapon of yours and making it better and better as you progress through the game, so it becomes like a close friend in your adventures of shooting things in the face. To limit the ability to do that is completely asinine.without random loot an rpg/mmo is pointless[imo] whenever im playing an rpg and reach max level I get bored and move on. or in skyrim's case start a new playthrough. the mentality of every child gets a trophy makes me sick. play the game and be happy with what u get or get off your azz and find someone who has it. not everyone deserves a 3x crit wolfhound with 10% dmg. lol nor do some people who have em 4 that matter. this feature never should have been introduced.

Amack
08-03-2014, 02:31 PM
I've been getting a ton of double crit weapons today. I'm sure that is merely a coincidence, or strange phenomenon, or both...

Taco, once you realize Trion cares about their bottom line above anything else, the better off you will be.
If you believe for one minute that the day will not come when a person can use Arkforge to reroll an orange Wolfhound with bad rolls enough times until it is finally a triple crit with DMG, then you are in for a rude awakening. Why do you think most oranges in the game have non-effective rolls to begin with?

Not everyone will have one, but they will still drop, and they will be able to be rerolled at will.
I've collected double crit, cannoneer, VBI ARs in each nano just waiting for that day.

taco man 67
08-03-2014, 02:41 PM
I've been getting a ton of double crit weapons today. I'm sure that is merely a coincidence, or strange phenomenon, or both...

Taco, once you realize Trion cares about their bottom line above anything else, the better off you will be.
If you believe for one minute that the day will not come when a person can use Arkforge to reroll an orange Wolfhound with bad rolls enough times until it is finally a triple crit with DMG, then you are in for a rude awakening. Why do you think most oranges in the game have non-effective rolls to begin with?

Not everyone will have one, but they will still drop, and they will be able to be rerolled at will.
I've collected double crit, cannoneer, VBI ARs in each nano just waiting for that day.im well aware that they can, and probably will do that very thing. my point is I don't think they should

Nefarious
08-03-2014, 03:16 PM
Trion made it to easy to make legendary items. The simple cost of only Ark forge was always stupid imo. It should of cost multiple materials to upgrade rarity in the first place and the cost would increase with each upgrade leading up to legendary. But they implanted a super easy method to do so instead and now are taking it away...

Between this and the choice to go into the direction of threat scaling is... idk... a lot of crazy directions the game has been taking.

I think its good that Defiance is a game thats open to have the flexibility to change to make things better or wrong its mistakes. But big changes like this are woeful on the games community when things get introduced to the game and then take a opposite turn around and change sometime later.

3rdpig
08-03-2014, 03:35 PM
none of us needed this option until we saw it. not every weapon we have needs to be perfect, and it makes the really nice pulls that much nicer.

Sir, you do not speak for me, so your "none of us" is incorrect.

Within a week of playing this game I was wishing I had a way to craft weapons. Like I can in almost every other RPG, or game with decent RPG elements, in the history of CRPGs.

3rdpig
08-03-2014, 03:39 PM
But big changes like this are woeful on the games community when things get introduced to the game and then take a opposite turn around and change sometime later.

That's why you,

1. Have a PTR.
2. Listen to the people who use it and take their suggestions and concerns seriously and don't migrate any large changes into the main game realm until those concerns have been adequately addressed.

Trion has the first, but is woefully lacking on the second.

taco man 67
08-03-2014, 04:10 PM

Within a week of playing this game I was wishing I had a way to craft weapons. Like I can in almost every other RPG, or game with decent RPG elements, in the history of CRPGs.it's true u want this option, but u don't need it. we played the game 4 well over a year without it.most of us played it every day, and 4 the most part were happy with the gear we had until this came into being. I can understand why the slackers want this to stay, but none of us actually need it. there are more than enough ojs floating around. it would have been alright if it had started with 1 upgrade. or made the items non tradable, but the full on upgrade anything as much as u want was a bit much

taco man 67
08-03-2014, 04:43 PM

Within a week of playing this game I was wishing I had a way to craft weapons. Like I can in almost every other RPG, or game with decent RPG elements, in the history of CRPGs.you seem more interested in how this affects u, and that's ok. i'm more interested in keeping all the aspects of this game intact.[i.e. the horse trade game] I don't even buy or sell many guns or shields in this game anymore, but 4 many people its a big part of why they log in. the upgrade system as it is killed that 4 them. u cant always get what you want, but if u try sometimes u just might find u get what u need.

Darien
08-03-2014, 05:00 PM
this is an rpg at its core.

All Trion games are just complicated slot machines.

Amack
08-03-2014, 05:41 PM

You definitely have to keep your eye on the ball with "The Company"

Edited: Long enough ;)

RobDaCool
08-03-2014, 06:49 PM
Regardless, it's a done deal. Best learn to deal with it.

Learn to deal or move on I suppose.

dfe
08-03-2014, 08:23 PM
i hope tier 4 lck box get buffed!! so terrible loot

Nefarious
08-03-2014, 08:28 PM
Learn to deal or move on I suppose.

Yeah for real. I upgraded my top picks to keep then went over the rest. So many blue and green guns I came to terms selling to the vendor. Now that Ive narrowed down the ones I want to keep and upgrade after the initial cut it looks to cost me 1800 AF and I only have 500. Had to cash out on my 1000 Chimera rep. This sucks.

When Trion allows us to rename weapons and allows us to re-roll synergies and bonus rolls they also better allow us to change weapons skins. I had to let go of all my uniquely named mission reward guns because of this. So I hope this update making weapon choice more singular and valuable leads to some really good weapon customization down the line.

Ozz
08-04-2014, 01:09 AM
lllllllllllllllllll bumped

Amack
08-04-2014, 01:19 AM
Very well said Ozz.

I would like to add to that, in regards to Taco's concerns... if you want to sell weapons, build them and sell them. People will always gain Scrip faster than Arkforge and will be willing to give you Scrip for said weapons before they take the long route and build them by themselves. If you want to sell mods, and the purples are no longer selling well, then move onto orange mods for 500k a piece, etc.

Ozz
08-04-2014, 01:26 AM
Very well said Ozz.

I would like to add to that, in regards to Taco's concerns... if you want to sell weapons, build them and sell them. People will always gain Scrip faster than Arkforge and will be willing to give you Scrip for said weapons before they take the long route and build them by themselves. If you want to sell mods, and the purples are no longer selling well, then move onto orange mods for 500k a piece, etc.

Thank you Amack :)

Ozz
08-04-2014, 02:24 AM
Originally Posted by Bacon Overlord View Post
There's quite a bit of whining going on in this thread. Yes.. I said whining because nobody has offered any other course of action that I've seen..

This is what they envision for the game. If you really want to change their minds you need to come up with, not only a reason for them to NOT change what they've already said they were going to change, but also another approach for them to get done what they need to accomplish.

Right now I think it's fair to say that we don't have any idea WHY they are doing this (unless I missed something in all the meandering and very lengthy responses that really didn't say much besides "I'm special, listen to me") so maybe it's a bit too late to stop it from happening and you might want to focus on damage control.

I, for one, don't have a problem with a single upgrade to weapons.. purples drop often enough that you can almost always find a decent weapon to upgrade. And, let's be honest here, how many people really upgrade anything from green or blue to legendary anyway?

So.. realistically this isn't that big of an issue if you think about it.

I'm more concerned with the fact that the server is down and we have some guy in here saying he's going to "let the team know"... almost 12 hours ago and now it's down completely with zero response or action.

THAT worries me much more than upgrades.
Most of all my awesome legendary's which I have upgraded, have come from blues and a few greens. I have rarely upgraded an epic.

My original post on this topic is not about "Look at Me" but to Trion to consider other options rather than the path they anticipate.

Bacon Overlord
08-04-2014, 02:33 AM
There's quite a bit of whining going on in this thread. Yes.. I said whining because nobody has offered any other course of action that I've seen..

This is what they envision for the game. If you really want to change their minds you need to come up with, not only a reason for them to NOT change what they've already said they were going to change, but also another approach for them to get done what they need to accomplish.

Right now I think it's fair to say that we don't have any idea WHY they are doing this (unless I missed something in all the meandering and very lengthy responses that really didn't say much besides "I'm special, listen to me") so maybe it's a bit too late to stop it from happening and you might want to focus on damage control.

I, for one, don't have a problem with a single upgrade to weapons.. purples drop often enough that you can almost always find a decent weapon to upgrade. And, let's be honest here, how many people really upgrade anything from green or blue to legendary anyway?

I'm more concerned with the fact that the server is down and we have some guy in here saying he's going to "let the team know"... almost 12 hours ago and now it's down completely with zero response or action.

Amack
08-04-2014, 02:40 AM

You are cracking me up. 12 hours ago? The post are you referring to is a few days old, go to bed, or wake up, whichever. Next time, make your own thread so people can ignore you appropriately, instead of invading the other threads "whining" about the past.

PimplyPete
08-04-2014, 02:41 AM
I guess Trion never heard the saying "it's better to have 10% of something than it is to have 100% of nothing".

By their logic, they think the sales for Lockboxes/Arkforges are low right now, so their response is to limit the amount of times you can upgrade a weapon thinking that will boost sales. In reality, this will just push more player to just quit the game altogether.

You can't just keep screwing your fanbase over and over (without lube might I add) and expect them to deal with it. I don't know how many day 1 players like myself still plays, but your gonna lose a few more if you keep ignoring us and make changes that no one likes.

By the way Trion, the Lockbox and Arkforge sales are low is because:
1 - Arkforge (like many things in the bit store) are way overpriced
2 - Lockboxes are random, they usually gives you crap, and with the recent nerf.....:rolleyes:

Here's some tip that will boost sales:
1 - Lower the price of bits in general that ways things don't seem so pricy ($10+ for an outfit is kinda overkill)
2 - Up the chances that you can get better loot/arkforge for the lockboxes you buy in the bit store.
3 - Fix the server stability, like actually fixing it and not just saying you fixed it in the patch notes.

I don't usually post anything directed at the developers, but I am now because I still enjoy playing Defiance in my spare time, it's still a fun game if guys just stop changing things for the worst....stop making it so hard for us to keep supporting you.

~End Rant

Ozz
08-04-2014, 02:44 AM
RE: taco man 67:
Let me inform and remind you of this: I commenced this game early May 2013, after about 3 months I began to buy/trade/sell weapons/shields/nades/mods. This continued up to the time of the introduction of remastering weapons. I had become well known in the game as a trader and many sort after me for a particular item. In these early times, item value was extremely high if it was hard to come by. The in-game price of an item was never considered and the market value was governed by PVP'ers willing to pay large amounts of scrip (Scrip was hard to come by in those days) seeking the best of everything.

During these early days, I had over 200 Legendary items, which included weapons, shields, nades. Legendary's were very hard to come by then and most people only had about 10 legendary's, if that.

When Trion introduced the new rolls on weapons, it devalued all legendary weapons to the point that people scrapped what they had. Many people requested that Trion make it so that their existing legendary weapons could be re-rolled to have the new rolls on them. This never happened. Trion also, never compensated anyone for their losses due to THEIR change to the game. Many people were very upset about this and some left this game for good.

However, I did agree that the new rolled weapons were much better than the previous types, which was the same thought that most others had as well. Legendary's became less rare than they were previously. This was a new and better season for all. Trading was at it's peek, people traded a number of legendary items just to have one awesome legendary item. The mod market was also in full swing. In these times, there were many traders. People soon became aware of who had the good stuff and who didn't.

Memory Lane: Since "Clubside" from the clan "Children of Galifrey" opened his website "Hulker's Cafe" and began to sell items at game item prices, many followed his standard. This was the beginning of item devaluation, which affected trading right across the board. People no longer wanted to pay high end prices for rare items etc, without having a grumble about it. There were only a handful of PVPers who would. This is when the in-game market began to die.

At the introduction of the "Epic Mod Hordes", the majority of people no longer wanted blue T3 mods, which also killed this market. People payed less attention to the zone chat ads (Which myself and others placed) and focussed more on grinding to gain keys and scrip to purchase "Epic Mod Hordes". The only thing that caught their attention then, was if someone was selling these mods, especially if they were rare.

Therefore, for a short time, "Epic Mods" became the most sort after item in the game, while at the same time, it was still hard to gain scrip. During this time, epic mods sold up to 250k each from a range of different traders, depending on its high demand and rarity. For example: Cannoneer Synergy SMG epic mods.

Around this time, Trion slightly increased the amount of scrip, which could be looted from the ground and in events, including keys. Everyone prospered, affording themselves "Epic Mod Hordes" and singular mods they needed to complete their favorite weapons. It was another season of prosperity for traders, people were happy with their weapons fully modded, better kill rates and high scores. As the months went by this epic mod market died as more and more people could afford to buy and complete their weapons.

By the time the remastering of weapons was introduced, trading had slowed considerably. Legendary's, Keys and Scrip, dropped more often than in the past, due to many people complaining.

Once Ego Rating and Rarity upgrades were introduced to the game, the trade market in-game was dead. We all now had the chance to save that potentially good blue/purple weapon and turn it into something awesome, which rarely ever dropped from any Locked Boxes in the past.

While this closed the door on in-game trading, it opened the door to the chase of gaining Arkforge from the many different major events. The higher the score, the more arkforge that you earned. The game came to a place where we could achieve the best results from collecting and building our favorite weapons.

Although Ego Rating and Rarity upgrades killed the in-game market, it has brought a lot of satisfaction to many players and added a lot more fun to the game in the chase for arkforge.

In conclusion, I like the Ego Rating and Rarity upgrades and the chase for Arkforge. I personally think this should not change. If anything should change, these things are what I think Trion should consider:
We all have loose change in our pockets.
How much loose change would we have on average.
Determine the average.
By that average, set the store prices to that average.
Make Arkforge affordable even to a poor person.
Make a singular Legendary Weapon awesome and affordable to that average.
Be generous in selling an item by making it tempting to buy based on that average.
Consider how fast "Word of Mouth" travels when a good deal is bought.
Make all the Locked Boxes in Store drop awesome stuff.
Consider: A shop may have many expensive items, but if it also sells chocolates and lollies, it will sell more of them in quantity than that of the expensive items, because the price is within the average of loose change in their pockets.
If 1000 more people came to the store because of "Word of Mouth", already they are open to be tempted to a good deal. That's better than none coming at all.
Loose change is quickly spent oftentimes without a second thought.
Consider: $1.00 - $5.00 awesome buys, and your storehouse will be filled with the potential of them splashing out further.

This in my opinion is one of many ways that could be implemented to avoid the coming limitations to upgrading weapon rarity while making Trion money.

Trion, if you continue on your current path of changing things on Tuesday
("IN A FEW WEEKS" as you originally said), then it is more than fair that YOU compensate all your paying customers for their losses. This is in regard to all the potentially good green and blue weapons we have set aside for rarity upgrade, which will be scrapped due to the short time span you have given us to complete them.

In saying that, a one off compensation of 20,000 Arkforge prior to this change to complete our most favorite weapons/shields.

Otherwise, give us fair notice of "One Month" to achieve what we can before this change is implemented.

Ozz
08-04-2014, 03:00 AM

Seriously, I am really mad at this change you are going to do. This is not the only way that you can up your sales in the store. I ask you to reconsider this action before you go ahead with it. Be fair to all those who support you and keep you in business. :mad::mad::mad:

RobDaCool
08-04-2014, 05:29 AM
Yeah for real. I upgraded my top picks to keep then went over the rest. So many blue and green guns I came to terms selling to the vendor. Now that Ive narrowed down the ones I want to keep and upgrade after the initial cut it looks to cost me 1800 AF and I only have 500. Had to cash out on my 1000 Chimera rep. This sucks.

When Trion allows us to rename weapons and allows us to re-roll synergies and bonus rolls they also better allow us to change weapons skins. I had to let go of all my uniquely named mission reward guns because of this. So I hope this update making weapon choice more singular and valuable leads to some really good weapon customization down the line.

This is the first MMO I've played that doesn't have crafting, or an action house, or sending stuff to an ALT, or gives you more inventory space when you subscribe.

Now that I think about it, is it an MMO?

taco man 67
08-04-2014, 07:44 AM
Very well said Ozz.

I would like to add to that, in regards to Taco's concerns... if you want to sell weapons, build them and sell them. People will always gain Scrip faster than Arkforge and will be willing to give you Scrip for said weapons before they take the long route and build them by themselves. If you want to sell mods, and the purples are no longer selling well, then move onto orange mods for 500k a piece, etc.I already sell mods[biggest vender on any platform. around 1500 t4s] my concern was 4 the others who like to sell ojs.[so they can afford my mods] I don't want to be 1 of the few in the game still making scrip. i'd rather they spread it around

taco man 67
08-04-2014, 07:47 AM
This is the first MMO I've played that doesn't have crafting, or an action house, or sending stuff to an ALT, or gives you more inventory space when you subscribe.

Now that I think about it, is it an MMO?this is an mmo on the smallest lvl. new content comes far more often on a true mmo

Deunan
08-04-2014, 04:21 PM
I, for one, don't have a problem with a single upgrade to weapons.. purples drop often enough that you can almost always find a decent weapon to upgrade. And, let's be honest here, how many people really upgrade anything from green or blue to legendary anyway?While I don't have a problem with the change, you really have little to no understanding as to what that change is based on this post. Most purple loot is going to be encrypted so you cannot upgrade its rarity. With the way the random generation of rarity bonus stats works and the existence of so many that aren't good or are only good if you get certain other rarity bonus stats, and some are completely useless on certain weapons, your chances of getting an Epic weapon with 4 rarity bonuses that work together well enough to make it worth upgrading to Legendary and it being unencrypted are very small.

And yes there are players that take a weapon from green to orange for that very reason. You find a green with good white and green rolls and upgrade it to blue. If the blue roll isn't good for the gun then you stop there, if it is then you go to the next rarity and if your fortunate you end up with a great Legendary weapon. Even if you only get the rarity bonus states you were trying to get up to Epic, you still have a Legendary weapon that is 100% better than a most of the Legendary weapons you get from lock boxes, Sieges or Dark Matter Major Arkfalls.

taco man 67
08-04-2014, 04:34 PM
While I don't have a problem with the change, you really have little to no understanding as to what that change is based on this post. Most purple loot is going to be encrypted so you cannot upgrade its rarity. With the way the random generation of rarity bonus stats works and the existence of so many that aren't good or are only good if you get certain other rarity bonus stats, and some are completely useless on certain weapons, your chances of getting an Epic weapon with 4 rarity bonuses that work together well enough to make it worth upgrading to Legendary and it being unencrypted are very small.

And yes there are players that take a weapon from green to orange for that very reason. You find a green with good white and green rolls and upgrade it to blue. If the blue roll isn't good for the gun then you stop there, if it is then you go to the next rarity and if your fortunate you end up with a great Legendary weapon. Even if you only get the rarity bonus states you were trying to get up to Epic, you still have a Legendary weapon that is 100% better than a most of the Legendary weapons you get from lock boxes, Sieges or Dark Matter Major Arkfalls.I like cheese

konstantinov
08-04-2014, 04:49 PM
this is an mmo on the smallest lvl. new content comes far more often on a true mmo

This pretty much sums it up.

Chocolatelover67
08-04-2014, 05:27 PM
I just think it's a very bad idea....... DID NOT NEED TO HAPPEN

What was their logic behind doing this?

Bonehead
08-04-2014, 05:49 PM
What was their logic behind doing this?

Just a guess.

http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Trick-560x494.jpg

Chocolatelover67
08-04-2014, 05:51 PM
Just a guess.

http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Trick-560x494.jpg

Haha....... Gun is nice though. Wonder where that got made.

Alastar
08-04-2014, 06:04 PM
The reason they're doing it to begin with is they're mistakenly under the impression that nerfing our crafting ability to oblivion will increase lockbox sales. They fail to understand that when your product is schtako people won't buy it. Making everything around your product schtako isn't going to increase your sales, it's going to push people away. If you want to increase sales increase the worth of what you're selling. Destroying everything else to force us to buy schtako isn't going to get you anywhere good. That being said because they see dollar signs your pleas mean nothing to them. Vent away by all means it totally sucks. Just remember they're doing this for money so your complaints and grievances are falling on deaf ears.

Chocolatelover67
08-05-2014, 01:10 AM
I want a tee shirt that says "Shtako Happens" on the front. I've seen them and I want one but where can you buy them?

Hey good marketing idea hey for Defiance :D

BJWyler
08-05-2014, 04:06 AM
I want a tee shirt that says "Shtako Happens" on the front. I've seen them and I want one but where can you buy them?

Hey good marketing idea hey for Defiance :D

Check the SyFy website. I have one with just Shtako written across the front in big red letters.

BJWyler
08-05-2014, 04:18 AM
slackers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk

In all actuality, there is much less work involved in the RNG aspect of getting an orange, than it is to acquire the arkforge to upgrade a weapon all the way to orange. And as a matter of fact, RNG is involved in that process as well since you need the luck to get a weapon that would be worthy of being upgraded to orange.

The in game economy is pretty much garbage already since the EGO levels on weapons are very limiting in terms of who one can trade with. Acquiring Orange weapons are hardly a status symbol in this game (and it has nothing to do with the ability to upgrade - one of the few things Trion got right in their changes to the game). First was the entirely RNG aspect of it, then of course they added them as mission/pursuit awards and purchasable via vendors.

I do agree with Nef, in that it probably should take more than just arkforge to upgrade. That is why I suggested this not too long ago:
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?169425-A-Fulfilling-Chase-and-Pocket-Full-of-Bits
There would be no need for changing the current upgrade system if we had a proper weapon crafting system in the game. That way, players can have their choice of paths to take in terms of the chase - get a base weapon and spend the time in game to acquire what is needed to upgrade it as they play along, or get a high quality weapon after spending time in the game to acquire what is needed to obtain one. Either way, it allows players to get the weapons they like to play with the most (a very important aspect of a game), and it will actually stimulate (and create) a viable player economy in this game.

duction
08-05-2014, 04:32 AM
4 hours 10 mins left to get something in the matrix =(

Jet1337
08-05-2014, 05:06 AM
Takes way too damn long to get arkforge and I'm not spending real money on a dying game. Oh well.

ejester
08-05-2014, 05:13 AM
Indeed, with these changes this game is dead. There is ZERO REASON to play this at all now.

Both Marvel Heroes & Diablo 3 pulled out of terrible launches, spent a year going back and fixing stuff, and came out ahead with solid titles.

This game ... over a year now, and they just keep inventing new ways to tank the game and force people to stop playing. Whomever actually runs Trion, needs to take a long hard look at this particular division and start handing out some pink slips.

WannV
08-05-2014, 05:21 AM
i dumped my blue double crit weapons already >.>

duction
08-05-2014, 05:25 AM
You never know, the patch could not go in correct like last time and give us a few more days with the old patch :)

Chocolatelover67
08-05-2014, 05:46 AM
Check the SyFy website. I have one with just Shtako written across the front in big red letters.

But is it only US shipping?

I want my shtako tee :)

drackiller
08-05-2014, 06:44 AM
I need 48 AF to upgrade one more blue...gona be very sad for all the great guns i`m going to have to dump.

After that i`ll go play Sacred3, just bought today, time to put this to rest a bit.

PeepSquasher
08-05-2014, 08:49 AM
Yeah this whole scenario caused me to give away 6 Zaggers today because there was no way I was going to earn enough AF to turn all of them from green to OJ. Basically they were going to become useless so I passed them off to a guy I have traded with before. Regardless I did manage to get some of the better ones to purple rarity so I am not to upset about it.

Kanah
08-05-2014, 09:07 AM
Done a failmaster a few seconds before downtime, got my first bio springer. Green. I'm really feeling the fulfilling chase right now.

BJWyler
08-05-2014, 03:08 PM
But is it only US shipping?

I want my shtako tee :)

It might be. I didn't see an option for countries when I just took a look (I didn't go through the entire checkout process though). It would stink if you couldn't order it, unless you have a friend in the US who could ship it to you.

Ozz
08-06-2014, 02:13 AM
Compensation please Trion for all we have lost to your changes !!

ColonelJack
08-06-2014, 02:46 AM
without random loot an rpg/mmo is pointless[imo] whenever im playing an rpg and reach max level I get bored and move on. or in skyrim's case start a new playthrough. the mentality of every child gets a trophy makes me sick. play the game and be happy with what u get or get off your azz and find someone who has it. not everyone deserves a 3x crit wolfhound with 10% dmg. lol nor do some people who have em 4 that matter. this feature never should have been introduced.

With the crafting system you can still do your own thing and rely on drops.
Without the crafting system you can still do your own thing and the majority of us who like crafting options suffer.

I'm newly returned and haven't even had the chance to use it yet, but options are always good, this move was obviously made in order to clumsily attempt to implement further monetization into the game, as f2p games inevitably do, inevitably driving them further into the pit of mediocrity, further driving more paying players away in disgust... really it's happening everywhere, the only thing keeping all these f2p games afloat is the high turnover rates they encourage, that there's always some witless noob coming in for the first time with a bit of room on a credit card.

More options are always better, not everyone has to use them, open world MMOs should have more options.

ColonelJack
08-06-2014, 02:50 AM

ArcheAge? I think they're only the publisher on that one. Been thinking of making the leap... hrmm.

Ozz
08-06-2014, 02:59 AM
lllllllllllllllllllllll

crazyged
08-06-2014, 03:49 AM
Eh, only time will tell if this scheme of theirs will work - they'll find out soon enough if the money's flooding in, or if they've nerfed themselves...

Me, I have my ideal OJ loadout, so I'll carry on playing until they decide to make those obsolete too...

Maxmillian HonorBound
08-06-2014, 04:18 AM
I feel your pain Ozz. I am sure many others do as well. 20 USD will get you 500 AF. That means that 20k AF in Trion's eyes is equal to almost 800 USD. That ain't gonna happen I am afraid.

I have been biznitching, mostly to my wife because it' lame to do it in the forums, that one purple to orange upgrade costs 20 USD! Seriously...do they think we are Japanese Junkies, or what?
(Not that the Japanese are bad...they just have a lot more money than me. lol)

Ozz
08-06-2014, 05:22 AM

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

This Was My Reply To:

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

RE: taco man 67:

Let me inform and remind you of this:
I commenced this game early May 2013, after about 3 months I began to buy/trade/sell weapons/shields/nades/mods. This continued up to the time of the introduction of remastering weapons. I had become well known in the game as a trader and many sort after me for a particular item. In these early times, item value was extremely high if it was hard to come by. The in-game price of an item was never considered and the market value was governed by PVP'ers willing to pay large amounts of scrip (Scrip was hard to come by in those days) seeking the best of everything.

During these early days, I had over 200 Legendary items, which included weapons, shields, nades. Legendary's were very hard to come by then and most people only had about 10 legendary's, if that.

When Trion introduced the new rolls on weapons, it devalued all legendary weapons to the point that people scrapped what they had. Many people requested that Trion make it so that their existing legendary weapons could be re-rolled to have the new rolls on them. This never happened. Trion also, never compensated anyone for their losses due to THEIR change to the game. Many people were very upset about this and some left this game for good.

However, I did agree that the new rolled weapons were much better than the previous types, which was the same thought that most others had as well. Legendary's became less rare than they were previously. This was a new and better season for all. Trading was at it's peek, people traded a number of legendary items just to have one awesome legendary item. The mod market was also in full swing. In these times, there were many traders. People soon became aware of who had the good stuff and who didn't.

Memory Lane: Since "Clubside" from the clan "Children of Galifrey" opened his website "Hulker's Cafe" and began to sell items at game item prices, many followed his standard. This was the beginning of item devaluation, which affected trading right across the board. People no longer wanted to pay high end prices for rare items etc, without having a grumble about it. There were only a handful of PVPers who would. This is when the in-game market began to die.

At the introduction of the "Epic Mod Hordes", the majority of people no longer wanted blue T3 mods, which also killed this market. People payed less attention to the zone chat ads (Which myself and others placed) and focussed more on grinding to gain keys and scrip to purchase "Epic Mod Hordes". The only thing that caught their attention then, was if someone was selling these mods, especially if they were rare.

Therefore, for a short time, "Epic Mods" became the most sort after item in the game, while at the same time, it was still hard to gain scrip. During this time, epic mods sold up to 250k each from a range of different traders, depending on its high demand and rarity. For example: Cannoneer Synergy SMG epic mods.

Around this time, Trion slightly increased the amount of scrip, which could be looted from the ground and in events, including keys. Everyone prospered, affording themselves "Epic Mod Hordes" and singular mods they needed to complete their favorite weapons. It was another season of prosperity for traders, people were happy with their weapons fully modded, better kill rates and high scores. As the months went by this epic mod market died as more and more people could afford to buy and complete their weapons.

By the time the remastering of weapons was introduced, trading had slowed considerably. Legendary's, Keys and Scrip, dropped more often than in the past, due to many people complaining.

Once Ego Rating and Rarity upgrades were introduced to the game, the trade market in-game was dead. We all now had the chance to save that potentially good blue/purple weapon and turn it into something awesome, which rarely ever dropped from any Locked Boxes in the past.

While this closed the door on in-game trading, it opened the door to the chase of gaining Arkforge from the many different major events. The higher the score, the more arkforge that you earned. The game came to a place where we could achieve the best results from collecting and building our favorite weapons.

Although Ego Rating and Rarity upgrades killed the in-game market, it has brought a lot of satisfaction to many players and added a lot more fun to the game in the chase for arkforge.

In conclusion, I like the Ego Rating and Rarity upgrades and the chase for Arkforge. I personally think this should not change. If anything should change, these things are what I think Trion should consider:
We all have loose change in our pockets.
How much loose change would we have on average.
Determine the average.
By that average, set the store prices to that average.
Make Arkforge affordable even to a poor person.
Make a singular Legendary Weapon awesome and affordable to that average.
Be generous in selling an item by making it tempting to buy based on that average.
Consider how fast "Word of Mouth" travels when a good deal is bought.
Make all the Locked Boxes in Store drop awesome stuff.
Consider: A shop may have many expensive items, but if it also sells chocolates and lollies, it will sell more of them in quantity than that of the expensive items, because the price is within the average of loose change in their pockets.
If 1000 more people came to the store because of "Word of Mouth", already they are open to be tempted to a good deal. That's better than none coming at all.
Loose change is quickly spent oftentimes without a second thought.
Consider: $1.00 - $5.00 awesome buys, and your storehouse will be filled with the potential of them splashing out further.

This in my opinion is one of many ways that could be implemented to avoid the coming limitations to upgrading weapon rarity while making Trion money.

Trion, if you continue on your current path of changing things on Tuesday
("IN A FEW WEEKS" as you originally said), then it is more than fair that YOU compensate all your paying customers for their losses. This is in regard to all the potentially good green and blue weapons we have set aside for rarity upgrade, which will be scrapped due to the short time span you have given us to complete them.

In saying that, a one off compensation of 20,000 Arkforge prior to this change to complete our most favorite weapons/shields.

Otherwise, give us fair notice of "One Month" to achieve what we can before this change is implemented.

Ozz
08-06-2014, 08:50 AM
Bump ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Ozz
08-08-2014, 09:35 PM
Bump ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

drackiller
08-09-2014, 04:35 AM
I found a solution for the ArkForge, it will take me some time during this weekend but i`ll get my AF, and i`ll get my upgrades done.

Ozz
08-09-2014, 07:12 AM
Substitutes (Bandaids) are what Trion would like, rather than fixing a problem and giving in to our requests.

Ozz
08-10-2014, 01:24 AM
I know this is past tense, but it to me is important that everyone see's the loss and disappointment I have in TRION, not excluding others.

I'm not going to drop this or give up.

DEATHBRINGER210
08-10-2014, 02:13 AM
ya what she said

TalynOne
08-10-2014, 02:17 AM
Trion has never reversed their decision on anything. The only reason they ask for feedback is so they can laugh at the player base that takes a game that Trion doesn't care about seriously. You're seen as the minority, the majority is Trick, Trick is the 99%.

Ozz
08-10-2014, 02:30 AM
Trion has never reversed their decision on anything. The only reason they ask for feedback is so they can laugh at the player base that takes a game that Trion doesn't care about seriously. You're seen as the minority, the majority is Trick, Trick is the 99%.

There was something they did reverse about 2 months ago, but truly I cant remember what it was.

BJWyler
08-10-2014, 08:13 AM
There was something they did reverse about 2 months ago, but truly I cant remember what it was.

When you think about it, 1.5 was pretty much reversed with the 10 or so patches that followed up. We still have the UI, and mechanics, but the overall difficulty that came with it was removed, as was the difficulty in the Expert co-ops. So in essence the "DLC" that the patch was no longer really exists and they could have saved a whole lot of time, trouble, and lost players by listening (and more importantly) following-through on the feedback the playerbase has given them.

Ozz
08-10-2014, 11:29 AM
Hi Everyone,

First Im sorry this took several days to get to this. Tuesday was a busy day for the team as we rolled out the Silicon Valley land expansion. Similarly, Wednesday was just as busy preparing a server update to fix several crashes. Today we updated the Live Database for every player in the game to fix a text bug.

But the reward changes mentioned in this thread are just as important and so we wanted to explain to you a bit more about what we did and what some of our goals are moving forward.

We have been listening to feedback on many different fronts: the forums, in game reports, direct PMs with some of you, and even discussions with Defiance fanatics within the company. The changes in the 2.200 patch are one more step (but certainly not the final step) on the path to addressing a common theme in the feedback: the desire for better rewards and the desire for more value for your time and bits. One of our end goals is to get to a place where there is a good, fair, chance of obtaining amazing rewards, and less of a chance at receiving absolute trash. This is a sentiment echoed time and time again on the forums.

But - as we continue to review the data and delve into how to make that a reality - it became even more clear that the general flow of rewards into the game was too high. And if we were to go in and just remove many of the sub-optimal rewards from the game at the old rates we'd flood the market and all of the sought after rewards would become too common too quickly. Some of you have posted your thoughts on this as well; there are some excellent, insightful, threads discussing it.

There will be more adjustments to how rewards are given out - not just negative changes (as many see the recent ones) but also positive ones. Unfortunately, some of the changes in 2.200 had to come before the positive ones.

That said, some of those positives coming in the future include:

Less trash loot in general.
More value added to higher tier boxes.
Specific chase items added (and messaged) in boxes as well as other content.

Some of the basic framework to achieve this has already been put in place:

PTS as a viable test bed for not just patches, but balancing.
A marked increase in communication and forum presence of devs on the project
Dev members working directly with the community

Finally: We've seen some of you point to the bits store and state that these changes are solely about forcing people to use the store to play the game. While its a subjective, I dont believe you are requiredto spend bits to enjoy the game. But - we've never made it a secret here at Trion that we are a business: that servers cost money to run, and the developers salaries must be paid and yes, wed like to make a profit. We greatly appreciate everyone that helps support us and we want to make sure that you feel that you are getting a good value when you choose to support us.

I've posted this thread as an update, and encourage you to start new threads with your comments in the main forums.

We will read every one of them.

--Phantasie

Ozz
08-10-2014, 01:45 PM
Seriously, you need to go back to the drawing board and start all over and come up with a better solution.

I want the full Weapon Rarity Upgrades back. Arkforge raised to what it was. Keys raised back to what it was.

I cannot understand how you think, to rob us of this time where many players were happy.

08-12-2014, 06:01 AM
Seriously, you need to go back to the drawing board and start all over and come up with a better solution.

The solution is here. Now stop moaning and start buying from the bitshop.

Yrkul
08-12-2014, 07:49 AM
Yep. It's not like we get enough arkforge to upgrade anything anyway.

08-12-2014, 11:03 PM
Yep. It's not like we get enough arkforge to upgrade anything anyway.

The weapon upgrade and EGO bump system actually replaced the lack of endgame content. Such a shame they had to nerf arkforge the way they did. And now they are going to nerf T2 and T3?

Ozz
08-14-2014, 09:41 AM

I have no inclination of buying anything after they destroyed my fun. Right now I'm just hanging on a thread, hoping tomorrow (Figuratively Speaking) will bring change. :confused:

Dukhat
08-14-2014, 01:13 PM
Just stop playing, like I have - even though I LOVE(d) the game!

Ozz
08-14-2014, 02:09 PM
I have never seen Defiance this dead at 5 pm US time n 7 am Australian time. I am not far behind them. I have lost so much interest in this game it ain't funny. The game is dead and Trion seems to be sitting back letting it happen.

Amack
08-14-2014, 02:22 PM
We'll just have to wait to see what the game analytics tell them. After all, those are what actually steer most game decisions. We are lucky though, they have been around and listening to what we do say here, which is nice.

If they see a huge number of players drop off, then they will usually do something to try and get people back into the game, etc. Despite what many people believe, they don't use the "I'm quitting" posts to determine player population.

I do hope they get something figured out sooner rather than later.

Coyote Clive
08-14-2014, 03:34 PM
We'll just have to wait to see what the game analytics tell them. After all, those are what actually steer most game decisions. We are lucky though, they have been around and listening to what we do say here, which is nice.

If they see a huge number of players drop off, then they will usually do something to try and get people back into the game, etc. Despite what many people believe, they don't use the "I'm quitting" posts to determine player population.

I do hope they get something figured out sooner rather than later.

I hope they figure it out sooner. Because I and many others aren't spending money when we're not playing. And the others that are in game will start to feel lonely when they don't have any one to play with or compete with.

I solo'd a friggin siege at bolinas the other day. No one else came!!! I got 115,000 and only got 2 arkforge and 8 or 9 keys. BS!

08-15-2014, 01:27 AM
Because I and many others aren't spending money when we're not playing.

Logic isn't Tryin's strong suit. You need to talk Trionese when talking to Tryin it seems.

DeathRogue
08-15-2014, 02:36 AM
wow Idone seen it all. not only did this go from being in the forums for bugs and such he place a thread in here as well? Yeah how did that work out for you?

08-15-2014, 02:39 AM
not only did this go from being in the forums for bugs

The reward and droprate nerfs arent a bug, they're working as intended.

It's the reason and fact that they implemented it that's bothering peeps.

In a minor degree the way they threw it at us as well.

Ozz
08-19-2014, 08:36 AM
Sad Days Ahead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t0TQWLHcQg&feature=youtu.be

A Song Just For Defiance

Overtkill21
08-19-2014, 08:47 AM
Sad Days Ahead

A Song Just For Defiance

LOL pretty funny - because grenades - we're famous fellas!

Chocolatelover67
08-19-2014, 08:24 PM
Sad Days Ahead

A Song Just For Defiance

Who made that video I want a copy

Copperpot
08-19-2014, 09:17 PM

Is this the same you?

Amack
08-19-2014, 09:47 PM
Is this the same you?

It is. Encryption has nothing to do with lockbox sales and the claim/inventory changes had nothing to do with stability.

Bocar
08-20-2014, 04:37 PM
Chat
Worlds Customer Support. My name is GM Kitsoone. I'm happy to look into your issue for you today.GM Kitsoone: Hello, how may I assist you today?
Bob Carnes: So half-way fixed the forge/modding issue. But its still costing a ton of script to buy keys. so what is Trions next game? This, while it was alive, Was Very Good. Oh,and wot ru gona do about ur rep w Dodge now thats its beening ruined and such ill-will created??
Bob Carnes: bocar63@gmail.com
GM Kitsoone: I can certainly understand how that can be frustrating. Just one moment while I pull up your account information ( Gotta luv this boiler-plated crap )
Bob Carnes: I go into a Dodge Dealer and get a price, go back the next week and , like script, the car costs 10 times as much as the price b 4? lol Everything u do REFLECTS back on ur co-sponsers :))
Bob Carnes: I understand that like almost any MMO that there comes a time for declineing revenues to dictate that the game must end and so as to move on to the next venture but the Reward system is so outa whack that the game WILL end soon. For lack of players, so whats next??
GM Kitsoone: Thank you for waiting. Are you requesting additional information on what our next game release is going to be? If so we currently have ArcheAge in Beta testing at this time. ( (Right, like I haven't played dungons and dragons - actually never have - truth. LOL)
Bob Carnes: I'm just worried 4 u guys cus u HAVE given me about 3,000 hours of Fun. Can u possiably salvage ur Rep w Sci-Fi and Dodge? Hope so cus if not u'd better hope ur own coffers r full to bursting. Oh, did I mention I wrote Dodge Corporate?
Bob Carnes: And I got a response? (a lie )
GM Kitsoone: I will be more than happy to forward your feedback to our QA department.
Bob Carnes: Lol, no worries. They said, " entirely up to you" as to how u handel the game. Little do they know that my furture silence is THE way to kill off a Corporate entity.
Bob Carnes: No, this is the only time I'm giving u a clue. Like I said , the best way is NOT to complain. That way they never have a clue as to wot when wrong = fail. U sure u don't want to talk to me now? ( Mr. Boiler-plate Fingers )
GM Kitsoone: Unfortunately, customer service is unable to implement new features into the game. I can forward your feedback to our QA department. ( Must b an easy 10 bucks an hour)
Bob Carnes: Get the script Down to the 1,000 level per key. I can talk The Ozz Squad into staying if u do. The Encryption is also a deal killer but we can handel that by hard game play.
Bob Carnes: U are about to lose 100 toons and 70 very active players if u don't listen to the Forum posts - "started by Ozz". And yes, pass it on because I am NOT going to call again! This game needs the Rewards System stabilized and LEFT alone.
GM Kitsoone: I would be more than happy to pass that information along. May I assist you with anything else today?
Bob Carnes: No, as always player concerns are Not addressed directly, they are reflected on and debated based on the bottom line. Sooo different in my company. Ur talkin to the Boss, in this case. and I already KNOW whats equitable. But I understand - just a cog in the wheel, np! - Rem ur Rep with Dodge and Sci-Fi, u guys have Only one shot at this point to get it better. Hopeing 4 changes - SOON! thank you :)) Cya
Type your message here, then click Send or press <Enter>
Send
Attach File

Yhou
08-20-2014, 09:22 PM
Who made that video I want a copy

tht vid is on youtube under the same title as pasted above. and i wish trion would change things back to fun in the game

Coyote Clive
08-20-2014, 09:57 PM
tht vid is on youtube under the same title as pasted above. and i wish trion would change things back to fun in the game

you and me both bruddah.

blucifershammer13
08-21-2014, 06:10 AM
why oh why mess with what was working,u people r stupid,first the charge snipers are nerfed then u can't kill warmaster now u get 3 min to get enough folks to try, now not at all, now u mess with our weapons and we can't give you money to upgrade our own weapon man ur just to stupid to breath on ur own! A year and a half playin this game and you act like you want it to die,really?