PDA

View Full Version : If I cancel something in Salvage Matrix do I get my Arkforge back? (quick please)

pobpnuk
08-03-2014, 11:13 AM
As the title says

I wanna make the weapon my level before upgrading.

Market
08-03-2014, 11:15 AM
yes, you get it back

pobpnuk
08-03-2014, 11:16 AM
Thank you

/endthread

nathanpbutler
08-03-2014, 12:48 PM
As the title says

I wanna make the weapon my level before upgrading.

Does it actually matter whether you boost its EGO level prior to upgrading its rarity or adding mod slots? I mean, they effect things independently, don't they?

Market
08-03-2014, 01:24 PM
Does it actually matter whether you boost its EGO level prior to upgrading its rarity or adding mod slots? I mean, they effect things independently, don't they?

The reasoning behind it is that the cost of raising EGO rating increases with rarity. I had several weapons of a low EGO rating that I kept upgrading at a lower rarity as to save Arkforge until I was over 5k EGO, then I upgraded to Orange once I got the weapon ratings up. Upgrading a mid-EGO rating weapon to the highest rarity, then constantly spending AF to keep that weapon up to your EGO rating will get **expensive**.

ironcladtrash
08-03-2014, 01:36 PM
The reasoning behind it is that the cost of raising EGO rating increases with rarity. I had several weapons of a low EGO rating that I kept upgrading at a lower rarity as to save Arkforge until I was over 5k EGO, then I upgraded to Orange once I got the weapon ratings up. Upgrading a mid-EGO rating weapon to the highest rarity, then constantly spending AF to keep that weapon up to your EGO rating will get **expensive**.

Also After 5500 there really isn't a reason to upgrade the weapon anymore. The damage increases are minimal enough to really not matter.

Deunan
08-03-2014, 04:05 PM
Also After 5500 there really isn't a reason to upgrade the weapon anymore. The damage increases are minimal enough to really not matter.Is this still true since they redid the scaling at 4500+?. Someone posted several weeks ago that it scales more now after 5500.

dfe
08-03-2014, 08:19 PM
never knew u can cancel salvage matrixx

dfe
08-03-2014, 08:30 PM
never knew u can cancel salvage matrixx

ironcladtrash
08-04-2014, 06:44 AM
Is this still true since they redid the scaling at 4500+?. Someone posted several weeks ago that it scales more now after 5500.

I haven't upgraded anything past 5500 in awhile. I will have to check that again and get back with you, if you haven't already found out. I haven't received any new weapons or shields past 5500 that I can compare to my inventory at 5500.

I saw Trion post about the changed drastic scaling differences from 5k to 5500 but not change it past that. I am not even sure they ever acknowledged the 5500 wall.

If they did change it I have a ton more upgrades to do (currently EGO 5846). With the recent ark forge gain nerf that will take me forever.

ironcladtrash
08-04-2014, 05:44 PM
I took a purple Fire Wolf Hound at EGO 5500 to 5600 and the damage went from 4657 to 4664. So still looks like EGO 5500 should be the max you want to upgrade a weapon to with ark forge.

Deunan
08-04-2014, 06:17 PM
I took a purple Fire Wolf Hound at EGO 5500 to 5600 and the damage went from 4657 to 4664. So still looks like EGO 5500 should be the max you want to upgrade a weapon to with ark forge.Thank you for checking that for me. Now if I can only get my turret kills in I can pretty much stop going for pursuits. I hope that the turret change means that the damage is high for everyone now because they didn't mention anything about fixing the health of the Cerberus so the high damage is sorely needed to have a chance at killing anyone before the vehicle gets blown up.

ironcladtrash
08-04-2014, 09:15 PM
Thank you for checking that for me. Now if I can only get my turret kills in I can pretty much stop going for pursuits. I hope that the turret change means that the damage is high for everyone now because they didn't mention anything about fixing the health of the Cerberus so the high damage is sorely needed to have a chance at killing anyone before the vehicle gets blown up.

You're welcome. I hope they fix the scaling on completely on the Cerb and the passenger rocket. I am kinda getting sick of low players cheap shotting me with it. Also occasionally I like to use the turret too and currently I think I have better chance of killing someone by dancing in front of them.

However even if they fix the scaling health of the Cerb they would have to buff it significantly before it would be really effective. It was always pretty easy to destroy. Before scaling and when FY used to pop I would hunt that thing during most matches.