PDA

View Full Version : Lock Keepers vs. Quick Breakers

SkinSkull
08-03-2014, 04:49 PM
I have an easy solution to the problem of breaking the war master locks.

I can understand why a PAYING customer would feel ruffled when free-bees or anxious players ruin the PAYING customer's chance for applying tactics to gain high quality loot.

I can also understand the time constraints of the Quick breakers...

For those players that paid money for the DLC that allows major and minor arks to be called, each ark battery expended to summon an ark should count as a vote to determine how long the lock will hold.

Once a long time limit or a short time limit vote has been decided, the map would clearly display the decision for players interested in participating.

The players who paid for the DLC and then paid in game money for the ark batteries aren't over reacting if their ark gets high jacked by may flys with minute long attention spans.

Plus Trion would get the chance to monetize both valid sides of the debate.

Easy fix and everyone gets to win.

(Players who read this and agree, please post to let trion know we would like to see this change happen.)

Amack
08-03-2014, 04:54 PM
Oh boy... not this again... lol.

After Tuesday people will be able to travel to clan members and people on their friends list. If you want to beat the Warmaster, join an active clan that likes to do the same.

Bonehead
08-03-2014, 05:41 PM
This deal is done. The timers are here to stay. There are no more lock keepers, only timers.

The deal is DONE I say!!

Vash Arrok
08-03-2014, 06:06 PM
This divide has mearly moved on. The solution is stop fecking about and get to the event at the start. Stop with all the crap invite me please when you get in the event. Most times you dont even have 3 minutes. Get there and get on with it.

I started with the divide has mearly moved on. This is the case now with the Gulanee arkbreak. Its all "Dont go down till everyones here. Dont shoot the comms till we're all ready". Honestly folks need to stop trying to enforce their gameplay on others. If we have a run at the breakers and we get folks joining then keep running them till you have had enough. I for one am neither a lock breaker nor a lock keeper. Im here to game in my time, not anyones else's. I will take my time if folks are attempting to join but once its clear thats what folks are doing, then you can all go fish, take your whines with you. Nothing worse than "give me 2 minutes and i'll join". Stuff your 2 mins or any other excuse. Once the ball is rolling, if the system dont keep up its not the folks on the ground you need to whine at but those in the dev team.

Lock keepers, lock breakers, gimme 2, seriously go play something else, something single player, you obviously forgot what a mixed up world you live in.

SkinSkull
08-05-2014, 08:37 AM
The warmaster is a raid style boss. Raids require lots of people to be coordinated to have success. Its not petty or foolish to try to work out the best ways to succeed in a raid boss that many DLC purchasers paid actual money to play.
If this was a normal 60$ game, I would agree with your assessment that this is pointless. But those of us that paid for the DLC and helped keep the lights on at Trion a little bit longer SHOULD have more say in the matter.
This Defiance pay model has left most people with buyers regret.
I like this game and I don't really care either way about the warmaster break time, but I have heard many of the older PAYING players getting upset about the situation.
UNLIKE a normal 60$ game with a flat charge, trion needs these Paying customers to be happy and at home to keep money coming in and the lights on.

That's why the lock breaking issue seems petty and very important at the same time.

Free players could care less about the high level pursuit of oj items from beating the warmaster, but for the long time high-level, PAYING, DLC-purchasing players, that's one of the few things that keeps them playing and paying into the game.

hiban
08-05-2014, 08:49 AM
This divide has mearly moved on. The solution is stop fecking about and get to the event at the start. Stop with all the crap invite me please when you get in the event. Most times you dont even have 3 minutes. Get there and get on with it.

So, what if you get grouped at the start, but when you go inside the arkbreak you all get scattered through 5 different warmaster instances, some of them with the warmaster about to escape?
That happens. And it happens a lot.

So the solution is not to group at the beginning, because the game itself breaks the group. The solution is Trion fixing the game so it does not scatter people through different instances. The solution is to send all the people from the same instance outside an arkbreak to the same instance when they go inside it.
And that solution can only be done by Trion. The warmaster is broken on it's most basic thing and it needs a fix. It is that simple.

Vash Arrok
08-05-2014, 09:08 AM
Once the ball is rolling, if the system dont keep up its not the folks on the ground you need to whine at but those in the dev team.

I believe I made that point.

xxxxmingoxxxx
08-05-2014, 09:33 AM
that point has been made since the dlc came out. lets see how the free to play view it. my guess its going to be used as a leveling tool.

SirServed
08-05-2014, 11:00 AM
So, what if you get grouped at the start, but when you go inside the arkbreak you all get scattered through 5 different warmaster instances, some of them with the warmaster about to escape?
That happens. And it happens a lot.

So the solution is not to group at the beginning, because the game itself breaks the group. The solution is Trion fixing the game so it does not scatter people through different instances. The solution is to send all the people from the same instance outside an arkbreak to the same instance when they go inside it.
And that solution can only be done by Trion. The warmaster is broken on it's most basic thing and it needs a fix. It is that simple.
Actually, grouping up is still your best bet for getting everyone into the same WM. It's easier to get 6 people instead of 24 inside, then have everyone else go to each party member already inside. The go to leader function doesn't care if the instance is full, it sticks you with that party member.

mr sinister
08-05-2014, 11:11 AM
it would seem that the first and foremost issue with this event is indeed the (ancient) instance/phase issues,
apart from that it might be a better idea to partially re-design the whole setup of warmaster arkfall.
in effect make it a more gulanee arkfall-like situation, by making a similar interior like g-arkfall (but obviously volge-themed) remove the time limit or make it the same timeframe as is given for a monolith battle (30 min max) per example.
open final battle only after completely clearing out wreckage of enemies (like g-arkfall)
as for warmaster health and armor they must remain the same, the event should be improved/revamped (not nerfed, ffs enough with the nerfing already)
the point would be without timers or such small time limit to bring the ape down, those who do care to attempt an organized assault on the warmaster should not have to suffer loosing out on what they wanted to achieve, (one dead ape, and the good loot). at the hands of those who will not (or can not) organize for the event.
people could even rez folks again during the fight (if they are inclined to do so.....?)
basically a more win/win scenario then is currently implemented
then again... t'was merely a suggestion...just sayin.