PDA

View Full Version : PC NA Server Appears to be Down

Deunan
08-03-2014, 11:08 PM
I can log into the PC EU server but not the PC NA server.

Amack
08-03-2014, 11:10 PM
It is up and running.
You were probably banned permanently for haxxing.

Deunan
08-03-2014, 11:13 PM
All I'm getting is critical time outs. It's not client side as I can log onto PC EU.

MadDogTremor
08-03-2014, 11:14 PM
I was just logged in for 2+ hours. Logged out about 1 minute ago. Played several Arenas. NA server seems fine.

Talesh
08-03-2014, 11:18 PM
I too am getting this error after having finished a co-op map... it failed to return me to the world from the instance and now I can no longer connect. Even after a quit/relaunch connection to Defiance servers is timing out.

Deunan
08-03-2014, 11:19 PM
Odd. I can log into the new player area but not the main map.

Deunan
08-03-2014, 11:19 PM
I was just logged in for 2+ hours. Logged out about 1 minute ago. Played several Arenas. NA server seems fine.Try logging in again? Maybe it's a connection issue to get back into the server?

Amack
08-03-2014, 11:25 PM
I saw you in zone chat just awhile ago Deunan.
They have the login server logic all screwed up I think.
Remember they mentioned how it would prefer to send you to a shard in which other clanmates or friends were already located? I think it freaks out if those shards are already full, etc.

One night during the past weekend I believe it was, I played on my own shard for 6 hours. Not a single other person on any of my scoreboards. No lag, not a single disconnect. Other friends were lagging and dc'ing like crazy but I was just fine. I mentioned it to Phantasie and I also noticed they had something regarding player distribution in the upcoming SV patch, hopefully that helps everyone.

They need to focus less on having as many people per shard as possible, and worry more about averaging the player base evenly across the shards, imo.

Deunan
08-03-2014, 11:39 PM
As soon as my new test character jumped the wall she disconnected on the loading screen.

Amack
08-03-2014, 11:41 PM
As soon as my new test character jumped the wall she disconnected on the loading screen.

I also experienced that recently. It was another thing that led me to believe shards have population problems. The game has no holding pattern outside of the normal login queue and if the shard you get sent to is overpopulated, it just spits you back out.

I might go so far as to say, that sometimes it lets you into the shard, and forces others to disconnect, but this is all just theory.

LegendaryU2K
08-03-2014, 11:43 PM
Quick question, i thought we needed the disc to play this game?
i have the game running, but i didn't put the disc in the drive

Shamanalah
08-03-2014, 11:45 PM
I can't log either for whatever reason... I just played a bit just earlier and now I get critical error -_-

Market
08-03-2014, 11:49 PM
I was having this problem at about two hours ago, for about an hour. I was finally able to log in and ran through the end of an Incursion and a Dark Matter Major without issue. No idea what's going on with it.

Quick question, i thought we needed the disc to play this game?
i have the game running, but i didn't put the disc in the drive

If you're playing on PC, the game is now F2P. No disc will be necessary! ;)

Deunan
08-03-2014, 11:52 PM
I also experienced that recently. It was another thing that led me to believe shards have population problems. The game has no holding pattern outside of the normal login queue and if the shard you get sent to is overpopulated, it just spits you back out.I think you may be on to something. I just sent the team a PM. There should be no reason that I can log into the new player area yet get disconnected when trying to access the main map unless there is a queuing issue.

LegendaryU2K
08-04-2014, 12:10 AM
If you're playing on PC, the game is now F2P. No disc will be necessary! ;)

Thanks . i bought it from gamestop for 9.99 2 months ago. nice to know that though about not having the disc in the drive. :)

Amack
08-04-2014, 12:15 AM
I think you may be on to something. I just sent the team a PM. There should be no reason that I can log into the new player area yet get disconnected when trying to access the main map unless there is a queuing issue.

Last weekend (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?168861-Defiance-Community-Q-amp-A-July-25th&p=1571339&viewfull=1#post1571339) I sat at that wall for 15 minutes or so watching a crazy amount of people jump down every second, and thought to myself no wonder the login servers are having trouble.

I know someone asked about having a grace period in which we could log back in to the same shard if we are disconnected and PT was onboard with it, heck so are we all, but I can see that adding even more trouble to the system if not done properly and in the correct order.

Thearl
08-04-2014, 05:35 AM
I tried to play Saturday Night, Sunday Morning, and Sunday afternoon. All I wanted was to finish radio restart before the Monday reset. I tried half a dozen times each log in to complete Sutro. The lag followed by a critical DC always happened when trying to restart the generators or immediately after their restart. I know the game kept returning me to the same shard because on saturday, there was a broken Silicon Defenders emergency that I drove through each time i logged. Then on Sunday, it was the same hellbug emergency on the way to Sutro. I tried breaking the cycle by calling down a minor and running it before going to Sutro, but still the same DC. Furthest I ever got was using charge blade only, but as soon as the area got really full of DM... boom - DC.

Pretty sure I've made this callout before - some of the shards are stable; some aren't; and it's hell to get away from an unstable one when you get shafted into it, pardon the pun.

Deunan
08-04-2014, 10:18 AM
FYI - They are working on a fix for this specific issue.