PDA

View Full Version : Q about XP cap

Sevrin
08-04-2014, 08:55 AM
So why not remove the XP ego cap? I had XP cap out at an ego of about 4200. While there are still some pursuits I will finish, If my figuring is correct I will never reach 5000 (and have access to the best of the gameís goodies) because:

1. I donít play PVP.
2. I suck at time trials and rampages.
3. Just the thought of leveling injectors, BMGS and sawed-off shotguns makes me tired.

I understand the necessity for an overall ego cap. but why not allow players to reach this number by just grinding, say, Arkfals if that is their play style? This is not to take anything away from the many, many fine and skillful players who have dedicated the time and effort to level their ego by doing all of the pursuits -- but thatís their style. Why not let me have my style also, which is killing lots of enemies Ė sadly not 50K yet -- on the battlefields.

PS: I understand that XP is tied to the ego grid and perk points but why stop earning XP when you finish the perks?

PSS: My in-game name is Avalanch and I would love to be invited to a group that has a reasonable shot at defeating the Warmaster instance.

Grimace
08-04-2014, 09:01 AM
i agree with the idea of not having an xp cap esp with the new ego cap,

and sorry mate but ego is in no way a measure of defeating the war master no matter what the ego voice says, you need a huge amount of dps and a huge amount of pure dmg on armour break, players using anything but a limited range will not under any circumstance have a chance unless carried through by players (lock keepers) who know wat tehy are doing, still a good source of arkforge ill they nerf that too

JadedSinn
08-04-2014, 10:21 AM
iv offten woundered the same thing. haveing been playing this game for helf a hear now soon to be a year. iv never understood why thay force you to compleat persutes in order to reach there so called " max ego level "

to me as all other mmos stand. there is no such thing as stoping the gain of XP and levels from XP. yes i understand that the staff and creaters of this game want us to keep playing it and compleating the persuites and such.

but quite franky. i hate alot of them. it is compleatly pointless for someone to get the race persuites if thay cant even race due to events and ark falls and emergancys spawning in the middle of them or are just that unable to eye hand corodinate to stear. also alot of the persuites are still " broken " such as the cerberus liscances one of " geting level 5 with a cerberus " . not to mention. i dont care about them at all. my car is for one thing. to get from point A to point B on the main map. not to try and out do some person that happend to have a hack/glitched run and got the best time in the hole game to brag about it

no one even cares about thes minor side events. becuse there pointless to compleat. you get meger XP from them minamul scrip . and i have no reason to grind out races or rampages. or even hotshots. becuse nothing good comes from them. the mods thay drop are uselless to me. and are almost allways eather given to someone else that needs said mod or scraped for the few ark salvage i can get from them, theres also a vary slim change of compleating thes events to begine with with a gold anyway. some of them are so fare broken due to the new threat level system that the weapons in them do helf the damage thay useto. and it makes it 5 times as hard to even get the gold on them or even silver.

all in all. haveing a Cap on XP makes this game not realy worth the grind, if thay removed the XP cap and alowed players to just keep geting XP till thay reached the max ego cap. that would be nice. it would alow for a smoother game play and alot less waisted time trying to play a broken part of the game trying to get a persuite that over all means nothing to alot of people.

lets while im raging on the game a little take into consideration of the PVP persuites. yes there trying to even out PVP and all and fix the brokenness of it. but no one wants to do the persuites exsept for hard core PVP fans that over all. after there tiered of it. end up never PVPing agine after geting them

i think if trion looks over the records of how many people do the races each day how many do the hot shots and do the rampages. thay will find that once someone compleats there pusiets for said events. thay never touch them agine.

but anyway back on topic and enough ranting about the persuites.

i do want them to bring this into the game. as a semi vet. i aprove this idea. and would love to see it emplamented in the hopes that this would drag in some new player base.

PS : some reasons why this would be a good thing

1 : it would mean that players dont have to grind out persuites that thay dont want to. such as PVP , rampages, hotshots, Race's,

2 : it would alow every one over time to atleast reach the Ego cap level that thay are trying to shoot for makeing this feel more like a real MMOFPS. insted of forceing players to waist hours apone hours trying to acheve a goal that will never be done or repeated after the first time beating it.

3: gives new players a reason to grind out ark falls, incursions, main story missions, daily contracts, weekly contracts, Co-ops. and anything else that could give u XP in some form or another.

4: by haveing higher ego and haveing it able to be reached at a faster rate then spending over a year or more grinding out persuites to get to the higher ego. this will alow more people to reach the said " end game " faster . permoting newer players to want to buy ark forge to upgrade the purple weapons thay have gotten and want to turn into OJ weapons becuse thay are now ego 5K or 5900 and are eager to see what there new toys max damage/abilitys are

5: alowing players to keep gaining XP adn reach the Ego cap also permotes in game traiding of scrip and weapons.
: how this one works :: alot of the vet players atre dang near cap. almost ego 5900 or close to it. there weapons are over all useless to anyone at a lower ego level due to the hole weapons being ego baised. yada yada. witch means alot of thes weapons are not geting traided and are over all takeing u[p space in peoples invitorys. witch is waisting space and valuble room for more guns and weapons to scrap or sell to make more in game scrip to buy more lockboxes to try and get more ark forge. ect.

by alowing players to grind there way to the max ego cap. thay can start traiding with other ego level players that high thus inhancing the in game econamy and emplroving in game co operation and team play. by creating new friends though abillity to traid with them

and my finel reason

6: it will stop the 5k and above" elitests " from from greafing lower ego players that want to compleat there Exspert runs for there contracts. with such prashes as " Earn the right to do exspert your self " or meaner said things. (( iv seen alot of greif from people high ego when thay come into an Exspert and fine anyone below ego 5k in it. there rudse disrespectfull and normaly try and vote kick said person out of the match even if there runing it with clan mates, witch has happend to me once. and was rectafied vary swiftly be never runing an exspert without 3 other clan mates agine ))

so ua. theres my points and over all view on it. sure someones going to complane but. i think i make a few vlaid points in why this would be a good thing for the game.

ConcreteSnake
08-04-2014, 10:43 AM
This game was made the way it is. I didn't want to do all the pursuit, but I did because that is the way the game is designed. Back before DLC was released and other pursuits (and 450 more ego from XP) the only way to be 5k was to do every single pursuit. Its not my way, its Trions way, and that's how we have to play the game. Also on my 2nd character I have done zero pvp, zero racing, zero hotshots, and hardly any dlc pursuits and am at ego 4500 and still not hit the XP cap yet

Darien
08-04-2014, 11:05 AM
So why not remove the XP ego cap? I had XP cap out at an ego of about 4200. While there are still some pursuits I will finish, If my figuring is correct I will never reach 5000 (and have access to the best of the game’s goodies) because:

1. I don’t play PVP.
2. I suck at time trials and rampages.
3. Just the thought of leveling injectors, BMGS and sawed-off shotguns makes me tired.

TL;DR: You do not want to do all of the game, but you want all of the rewards.

Liquidacid
08-04-2014, 11:19 AM
I don't like doing missions or killing enemies... it's unfair I can't get to max EGO by just driving my ATV in circles at the E-rep camp :(

Ruinne
08-04-2014, 04:41 PM
It puts the in game - endgame economy to death to have the level cap and gear cap the way it is though. Let people level to 5887.7731, sure. But the gear needs to have a FAR simpler levelling system. Say ten tiers of weapons, the last of which unlocks at 5500.

There is a pretty short list of people someone at level 5994.33647825 can trade his or her gear with.

Bonehead
08-04-2014, 05:00 PM
Yea my highest ego toon is at 4600 and I couldn't have gotten that far without the time trials and hotshot/rampages in the location pursuits. I don't have any interest in playing parts of a game that bring me no pleasure or fun. It's a freaking game for peat's sake. I can accept it for sure. No other choice anyway but doing things IN A GAME that I don't find fun is pointless and stupid as far as I'm concerned. The game is pretty facepalm easy once you get to ego 1200-1500 anyway as long as the threat level doesn't go up too high an if it does... *poof* I just leave because that is what Trion must have intended with the scaling right? There is no way scaling is supposed to encourage group play right? Except in some bizzaro world where minorities are majorities and raid bosses have no raid dynamics... wait...

IcecuebPAL
08-04-2014, 05:26 PM
I hate the way the leveling is in this game. After you reach the exp cap you have to start doing pursuits and all that. Most of the pursuits are very boring and tedious. When I reached the exp cap my ego was around 4038. Right now I am around 4560 ego. I wish they gave us an option to reach the cap by just using the exp bar. Or just give weapons/mods/outfits for doing pursuits; no ego at all, so that you can only gain levels by using the exp bar and you can get special items by doing pursuits. I know that you get items and ego from doing some of the pursuits, but I am saying that remove the ego that you get and just leave the items.

SilverWF
08-05-2014, 12:20 AM
hey, wait
When I need to do all pirsuits?
If I did it before 4k EGO - I will never reach 5k then? And I was need grind alll the way until XP cap and start another actions only after XP cap?
Or what?

drackiller
08-05-2014, 12:23 AM
hey, wait
If I did it before 4k EGO - I will never reach 5k then? And I was need grind alll the way until XP cap and start another actions only after XP cap?
Or what?
Nope, the EGO points you gain from XP have nothing to do with the EGO points you gain from pursuits.

Bonehead
08-05-2014, 12:27 AM
hey, wait
Or what?

Do it however you want. Exp and pursuits are separate but you can do them however and whenever you want. Doing one will not penalize you for the other.

crazyged
08-05-2014, 12:27 AM
I dunno - I sorta enjoy the idea of pursuits.

Some of them are really boring, sure and I suck at pvp, but when you finally get those points it gives you a sense of accomplishment and makes you feel you earned your place in the 5k club.

Still got a long way to go to hit the cap, though!

JadedSinn
08-05-2014, 07:24 AM
so fare every ones pritty much saying the same thing i did. the persuites are boring. yes somepeople enjoy them others dont. i didnt buy this game to sit here and try and compleat a raceing persuite. it has NOTHING to do with the story line of the game. i didnt get this game to compleat rampages or hotshots eather AGINE it has nothing to do with the sotryline of this game.

theres no point behind them other then them being filler. and bad filler at that. the races if u do manage to compleat them in the aloted time are never raced agine. no one says " hay lets go do the races and see who gets the best time " no.

no one goes and does the ramapages and says " i bet my scores better then yours "

same with hotshots. no one cares about any of thes things eather after compleating them or befor compleating them.

iv done each race in this game once. one time. for each of them after failing to compleat due to ark falls events/emergancys and enamys spawning infont of me. i threw in the towel and said forget it . never touching them agine.

iv beat most ramapages. exsept for a few that are broken and need the weapons used in them badly buffed up becuse there not doing the damage thay should be anymore. and the same goes for hotshots. the weapons arnt doing the damage thay should be. its like someone hit them with a nerf stick and said " you shell now suckith when used "

for alot of the old players thes things where waisted time that could of been spent on WMs, ark falls , and incersions. and with the release of SV today. even less people are going to be bothering with them. every ones going to be screaming though the storyline to try and get up to the point where thay can do the SV missions inorder to play down in SV

vary few people are going to realy be on the main land anymore. its going to become a waist land. and no one is going to bother with the hotshots or rampages anymore

so still in ending . id love to see them remove the XP cap and just let people gain XP even if its only to ego 5k seeing as the ego cap is not at 5900

Sevrin
08-05-2014, 11:34 AM
Reading today's patch notes, sounds like my request was granted...thanks guys. I know you did it just for me:D (oh yeah and for JadedSinn)

Valgmorgan
08-05-2014, 11:37 AM
Patch Notes: XP cap removed- can still gain xp to reach ego cap. =)
Pursuits ego gained will be added when ego cap is raised..above 5900. So they are keeping track. Even if you complete those, they will be added later to your rating.

SirServed
08-05-2014, 11:40 AM
Patch Notes: XP cap removed- can still gain xp to reach ego cap. =)
Did I miss that somewhere?

HAYABUSA DCLXVI
08-05-2014, 11:47 AM
Either do the pursuits or quit your whining.
You don't know how easy you have it, we had to grind the absolute Jek out of this game to get max EGO. Now it's as though EGO is handed to you, you don't have to change your weapon once it is mastered & weapon skills go up 10x faster. It is so easy to "achieve" max EGO now that it is a slap in the face to those that put the countless hours in to reach it.

Yet there are still noobs wanting all the reward for minimum effort, are you kidding me?
If you don't have what it takes to get get high EGO now then you truly don't deserve to be high EGO. Period.

/rant.

TL;DR - Deal with it.

Valgmorgan
08-05-2014, 11:51 AM
Exp/Ego gain.-It was in the patch notes that was posted earlier.
Side Note :: Weapon exp/Weapon skills leveling is now balanced at Threat 10; so if a low ego players enters It will now level up normally. No more fast Leveling weapon skills. Just makes Sawed-off shotguns the slowest leveling weapon ever, lol.

JadedSinn
08-05-2014, 01:44 PM
Reading today's patch notes, sounds like my request was granted...thanks guys. I know you did it just for me:D

hay what about me ? i brought some good points to the board also :P you where not alone in geting it. if it realy is true :: will have to wait and see if it is as we hope it is ::

JWCampb
08-05-2014, 01:52 PM
I understand the necessity for an overall ego cap. but why not allow players to reach this number by just grinding, say, Arkfals if that is their play style? This is not to take anything away from the many, many fine and skillful players who have dedicated the time and effort to level their ego by doing all of the pursuits -- but thatís their style. Why not let me have my style also, which is killing lots of enemies Ė sadly not 50K yet -- on the battlefields.

Good news, everyone! http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?170189-Defiance-2.2-Silicon-Valley
According to this you can reach level cap through grinding.

Sevrin
08-05-2014, 01:53 PM
HAYABUSA DCLXVI: I don't want to do all the pursuits and based on today's patch notes you can't make me nah na nah na nah.

Seriously though, it was a solid suggestion made with full respect to those who have taken the time and effort to complete the pursuits (my hat is off to all of you fine players who have done so!). And, apparently it's a suggestion that the game's designers agreed with.

Oh yeah, I've been playing since day one so noob might not be the right term to use in my case.

Bonehead
08-05-2014, 02:03 PM
Did I miss that somewhere?

Nope, he made it up.

Snib
08-05-2014, 02:05 PM
Good news, everyone! http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?170189-Defiance-2.2-Silicon-Valley

It's neither what it says nor what it means. You'll still have to do the pursuits, just not all of them anymore to reach the current cap.

OrpheusXI
08-05-2014, 02:24 PM
Not gonna lie I felt like a complete noob when I hit cap because I didn't know wtf was going on even though I have played since beta. Lol. Mine capped at 4188. I honestly didn'tt even know it was like this till not to long ago, It seriosly turned me off about playing anymore. =/

idc about pursuits at all.

drake
08-05-2014, 02:49 PM
for those who got issues leveling sawed offs try using a courrier it like leveling your grenade launcher. granted only 2 shots but it faster than normal sawed offs.

Bonehead
08-05-2014, 03:27 PM

Yea, grinding pursuits. Just not all of them. Exp cap is still the same.

templar3327
08-05-2014, 04:13 PM
to reach 5000 u don't need to do all the pursuits only 3 of the locations n level all ur weapons n u should b there complete mount tam n marin n u should b at 5000

Xaat Xuun
08-05-2014, 04:44 PM
I figured it out one day . . I think without any DLC's , . . not completing the challenges, or PVP pursuits, but able to get the silver in challenge pursuits , that would had got me around 4800 , I did pick up the season pass, so now having those I think I figured I could get to 5200
it's only Mt Tam I have completed every thing , I still can't get a silver in the other places (challenges)
haven't reached EGO cap yet, currently 44XX, I thought I could reach 4800 a week ago, it was my goal to, but I seemed to have failed there, I think it was part of the reduction of getting AF in-game made me less interested in advancing so fast, pretty much waiting on my Patron pass to end then I may get back to grinding again

Sevrin
08-05-2014, 06:51 PM
Testing it now.

Ruinne
08-05-2014, 07:08 PM
First impression, it looks like I have to take back my na nah na etc. Played for a while just now and didn't get any xp...bummer.

It's probably because you're a terrible person.

Sevrin
08-05-2014, 09:49 PM
That's it...for sure.

Sevrin
08-05-2014, 09:54 PM
Would someone enplane to me what this passage means then...pretty please:

New Max EGO Rating!
* The max EGO rating has been increased to 5900. It is possible to achieve this value without completing all pursuits. Fear not! When the max rating is increased again, any additional points you've earned will automatically be added to your rating!

OrpheusXI
08-05-2014, 09:56 PM

New Max EGO Rating!
* The max EGO rating has been increased to 5900. It is possible to achieve this value without completing all pursuits. Fear not! When the max rating is increased again, any additional points you've earned will automatically be added to your rating!

Yeah I don't understand either because before the patch at 4188 I couldnt gain exp because of the cap after the patch I'll still at cap it seems and cant gain anymore exp still...I figured I'd be able to gain a little more ego after the update. >>

Carnak
08-10-2014, 09:22 PM
A shame they didn't just remove the xp cap. But maybe this is a sign they're heading in that direction.

ConcreteSnake
08-10-2014, 09:37 PM
If you want more EGO, PLAY THE GAME! DO PURSUITS! If they removed the XP cap there would be no reason to do the other pursuits, you need to play the game their way, not yours.

Sevrin
08-11-2014, 08:26 AM
If you want more EGO, PLAY THE GAME! DO PURSUITS! If they removed the XP cap there would be no reason to do the other pursuits, you need to play the fame their way, not yours.

Well you are certainly welcome to that opinion and I respect it. But 90 percent of the postings on this forums are from players suggesting ways to improve the game...which all boil down to asking the developers to do the game their way! I think removing the XP cap will improve the overall quality of the game for a good many players, myself included. Hey...but thanks for the bump on this!

DeadEye68
08-11-2014, 09:09 AM
If you want more EGO, PLAY THE GAME! DO PURSUITS! If they removed the XP cap there would be no reason to do the other pursuits,

The XP cap is one of the few good things about progression in Defiance. If you could grind your way through pursuits would be
irrelevant.

I did suck at at time trials, hotshots and challenges too . Did I ask for an easy way out ?

Nope, I persevered, got better and completed them. Mountains are made to be climbed, dragons to be killed, difficulties to be overcome. A life without challenge is a life without excitement.

Oh noes, life's too difficult, nerf it !

Midori Oku
08-11-2014, 09:34 AM

New Max EGO Rating!

It means that you can hit 5900, but you don't have to complete every pursuit. You still have to level through EXP, weapon skills, and complete most of the pursuits. Once you're 5900 any pursuits that you complete will not be added to you overall level until they raise the level cap again. It's basically the same thing back when the level cap was 5000. You had to complete most of the pursuits to get there, but not all of them. Once they raised it past 5000 all of the extra levels you gained were automatically added after the server maintenance.

It's the way it should be. Removing the EXP level cap would be a slap in the face for anyone who is or is close to 5900.

crazyged
08-11-2014, 09:39 AM
Jeez, I hit 5K before I had even maxed out my perks.

Some of those pursuits almost finish themselves!

Now that I'm past 5K though, it's slowed down a bit doing the more grindier pursuits...

75 more to 5.5...

Sevrin
08-13-2014, 09:20 AM
I am near 5k and have done plenty of pursuits...I just don't enjoy them as much as other parts of the game and think players should have a choice on leveling paths (as is the case in some other MMOs I've played.) None of this is meant to be a slap in the face to anyone and is suggested with great respect for those players who have done the pursuits. But I'm a little surprised, at some of these responses. I mean, 99 percent of this forum is players posting suggesting changes that in their opinion would improve the game. So I find the "play the game as it is" kind of response (love it or leave it) a little surprising.

Snib
08-13-2014, 12:32 PM
So I find the "play the game as it is" kind of response (love it or leave it) a little surprising.

It's not surprising, you find the "I had to suffer bad game design/content therefore so shall you" guys in any MMO.

drackiller
08-13-2014, 12:46 PM
I am near 5k and have done plenty of pursuits...I just don't enjoy them as much as other parts of the game and think players should have a choice on leveling paths (as is the case in some other MMOs I've played.) None of this is meant to be a slap in the face to anyone and is suggested with great respect for those players who have done the pursuits. But I'm a little surprised, at some of these responses. I mean, 99 percent of this forum is players posting suggesting changes that in their opinion would improve the game. So I find the "play the game as it is" kind of response (love it or leave it) a little surprising.

I agree with you, i`ve been defending a solution similar to your sugestion.

dramaQkarri
08-13-2014, 01:07 PM

New Max EGO Rating!

It means EGO cap and XP cap are not the same thing.

XP is tied to your EGO perks. Check the EGO grid. However many EGO perks you have left to unlock and/or level up to 3, that's how much XP you have left to gain before you are XP capped (you get 10 EGO points for each EGO perk point). Once that happens you need to do pursuits to continue raising your EGO level.

Here, this link has all progress mapped out:

http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=222

All that said - I agree that XP should not be capped, we should still gain and gain and gain. But since it's tied to the EGO grid we're sorta locked into this setup.

DeadEye68
08-13-2014, 01:16 PM
All that said - I agree that XP should not be capped, we should still gain and gain and gain.

Were XP to be uncapped, then the more reasons for an EGO cap. Otherwise EGO rating would be open ended.

Carnak
08-13-2014, 02:02 PM
If you want more EGO, PLAY THE GAME! DO PURSUITS! If they removed the XP cap there would be no reason to do the other pursuits, you need to play the game their way, not yours.

It's stupid game design to force players to engage in every activity the game offers. Why? Because not everyone enjoys the same things. Smart game design - i.e. pretty much every other MMO - offers multiple paths of progression. The obvious benefit of this is no single activity can be a reason for a potential player to say "No I won't buy / play / spend money on this game."

That's what you fail to understand. Players don't have to play the game the developer's way. The fact is they don't have to play this game at all. And that's what has happened. It's also why they're now 'experimenting' with monetization options which seem so obscene.

It's even worse when some of those activities are broken and impossible to complete. Eg. I can never reach Defiance's ego cap because of time trials. The time server lag is often so chronic that more than half the time to reach gold passes before even the first race arch spawns. That's how I spent my last hour in Defiance. Even when not chronic, garden variety lag + high oz latency means that even under the best conditions we have to memorise the entire course and be almost passing beneath the next arch as it spawns. Insane.

Nefarious
08-13-2014, 02:59 PM
imo the Cap has to end at 6000. What are they going to do? Keep adding to it and keep needing to revise threat levels to be able to have enemies hold up better against these crazy Ego Level players? The threat level is still not good as it could be as is let alone adding to it to keep up with anything past 6000 Ego players or let alone being able to trade with others will continue to be a hassle more then ever.

imo the cap hits at 6000 and but still allow players to level up as usual. Every time a players levels up after 6000 Ego they get a reward. Something worth while, something that would want a player to want to reach Ego 6000. Like what if every level up after 6k granted 60 Ark Forge? Or a special token that could be used to put towards special 6k only items from a vendor? Something like that.

ConcreteSnake
08-13-2014, 04:04 PM
game design to force players to engage in every activity the game offers.

ummmm, I'm pretty sure that's how it meant to be from the original team. If you want to be top ego you have to participate in every aspect of the game. If they removed the XP cap you would literally have no reason to do anything in the game. The purpose is to give you something to do and reward you for it. Since no one from the team has chimed in here I'll assume the XP cap won't be removed, they want you to play everything that was designed and created for the game.

konstantinov
08-13-2014, 04:13 PM
ummmm, I'm pretty sure that's how it meant to be from the original team. If you want to be top ego you have to participate in every aspect of the game. If they removed the XP cap you would literally have no reason to do anything in the game. The purpose is to give you something to do and reward you for it. Since no one from the team has chimed in here I'll assume the XP cap won't be removed, they want you to play everything that was designed and created for the game.

I'm with you on this but this is what I've gathered from posts.

A. Too hard to get to 5k
B. Forcing to do pursuits to get to 5k
C. Don't want to do pursuits but complain about lack of content?
D. Pursuits to time consuming/hard

Pursuits were put into the game to create a challenge so that you didn't just go do arkfalls all day. You think it's hard now, you should have completed the pursuits back in june-july like I did. Then you'd know what a grind was.

^
Meant for the people talking about A through D.

Ozz
08-13-2014, 04:27 PM
In the beginning of the game, there where a number of episode side missions which gave you 5 ego points each. Something went wrong with them and Trion removed them. However, Trion did not remove the ego points gained from them if anyone completed them. Some people completed them all adding 35 ego points to the total ego max.

Pursuit episodes deleted are:
< ARMISTICE > Peace Keeper = 5 ego, Shadows Over Defiance = 5 ego.
< MOST WANTED > Contract Killer = 5 ego, Competitor = 5 ego.
< SVUSHINNIRA > Thinning The Herd = 5 ego, Unconventional Methods = 5 ego, Silencing The Piper = 5 ego.

Before the latest pursuits were added, the max ego if you did all of these before they were removed, was 5886 ego. This gave some players an unfair advantage over other players. This caused a lot of upset in the community and complaints followed. To solve this issue, Trion has put a bandaid on the ego by adding a cap.

The max ego, if you did these missions, would now be 5956 ego. This is why Trion added the cap at 5900 to stop the complaining, which was their fault.

konstantinov
08-13-2014, 04:28 PM
In the beginning of the game, there where a number of episode side missions which gave you 5 ego points each. Something went wrong with them and Trion removed them. Some people completed them all adding 35 ego points to the total ego max.

Pursuit episodes deleted are:
< ARMISTICE > Peace Keeper = 5 ego, Shadows Over Defiance = 5 ego.
< MOST WANTED > Contract Killer = 5 ego, Competitor = 5 ego.
< SVUSHINNIRA > Thinning The Herd = 5 ego, Unconventional Methods = 5 ego, Silencing The Piper = 5 ego.

Before the latest pursuits were added, the max ego if you did all of these before they were removed, was 5886 ego. Some people like myself did some of them and none of us had the ego points taken away from us. This caused a lot of upset in the community and complaints followed. To solve this issue, Trion has put a bandaid on the ego by adding a cap.

The max ego, if you did these missions, would now be 5956 ego. This is why Trion added the cap at 5900 to stop the complaining, which was there fault.

Can't be any worse when the cap was 5000 and there were like 10 of us to trade with.

Bonehead
08-13-2014, 04:35 PM
There will always be only a small percentage of players that ever get to the top level in any game ever. Any cap only impacts a very small minority. A real minority, not the other kind.

tastydefiance
08-13-2014, 06:19 PM

Valgmorgan
08-19-2014, 04:00 AM
I was wrong about the exp. cap; it's still in place, at Ego rating 5289. Exp. gaining 0/0 nada. Still looks like we would still have to do all pursuits to reach 5900 ego cap. Even through it says in the patch notes, I vote for sending the patch notes writer back to school to learn English writing. Dev. Please Respond. Since reaching 5289 (whatever based on players progression<your rating here>) to 5900 is still set by pursuits(achievements), Exp. points no longer gain, nor added to character.

Telemachus
08-19-2014, 04:13 AM
Should change the rewards players receive from ...well everything that give you exp when you are unable the use it , to 1 arkforge per 1000 xp. Would be a positive change with All the negatives they've added lately. Wouldn't effect the new recruits to the game, until they stopped gaining exp.

I haven't done any ...absolutely zero pvp and haven't finished many of the time trials and competed few of the zones pursuits in total.

Still over 5000 ego.Though I've heard the sweet spot is 5500 now.

drackiller
08-19-2014, 04:15 AM
Still over 5000 ego.Though I've heard the sweet spot is 5500 now.

I`m with you in that boat...