PDA

View Full Version : My massive gripes with this game

Stino
04-03-2013, 02:40 PM
So i'd like to start by saying I kind of think I like this game. But i'm honestly not sure and it's pretty upsetting.

So my overall thought process so far:

The game in general is a little laggy and buggy, which is to be expected, I understand that. However, one glaring issue is the draw distance, ESPECIALLY in PvP. Really? I can't see players over 100 yards away to snipe them?

While arkfalls are rediculously silly in terms of horrible lag and glitching whenever over 20 players are in the same area, they are overall pretty fun. I love the epic scale of the bosses, and the unique encounters. I feel the same exact way about the Co-Op instances, of which I have done the first three so far. They have a fairly polished feel to them, and the boss encounters are exciting and fun.

However, there are NO REWARDS. Came in third place out of 100 participants in an arkfall? Have some keycodes.
Battled through an epic Co-Op mission with your friends, and finally beat the awesome boss at the end? Have some keycodes.
Did you just go 20-1 in an epic PvP match? Have some Keycodes.

I find this really really rediculous and unacceptable. Why would I even want to participate in the different activities your game has to offer if they all give Keycodes, which I can earn on my own doing missions. And I know some of you will try to defend this, but you have to admit, in 99% of games, you get specific rewards for major in-game accomplishments.

Wasn't there supposed to be some form of PvP currency?
Would it be too hard to, perhaps offer a blue quality weapon mod to someone who placed in the top 10% of a major arkfall? To make them feel like their participation was worthwhile?

Also the enemies in this game seem to be very biased in terms of rocket and grenade launchers. It's kind of rediculous the amount of damage they are able to deal, with it being mostly unavoidable.

Colteran
04-03-2013, 02:44 PM
So i'd like to start by saying I kind of think I like this game. But i'm honestly not sure and it's pretty upsetting.

So my overall thought process so far:

The game in general is a little laggy and buggy, which is to be expected, I understand that. However, one glaring issue is the draw distance, ESPECIALLY in PvP. Really? I can't see players over 100 yards away to snipe them?

While arkfalls are rediculously silly in terms of horrible lag and glitching whenever over 20 players are in the same area, they are overall pretty fun. I love the epic scale of the bosses, and the unique encounters. I feel the same exact way about the Co-Op instances, of which I have done the first three so far. They have a fairly polished feel to them, and the boss encounters are exciting and fun.

However, there are NO REWARDS. Came in third place out of 100 participants in an arkfall? Have some keycodes.
Battled through an epic Co-Op mission with your friends, and finally beat the awesome boss at the end? Have some keycodes.
Did you just go 20-1 in an epic PvP match? Have some Keycodes.

I find this really really rediculous and unacceptable. Why would I even want to participate in the different activities your game has to offer if they all give Keycodes, which I can earn on my own doing missions. And I know some of you will try to defend this, but you have to admit, in 99% of games, you get specific rewards for major in-game accomplishments.

Wasn't there supposed to be some form of PvP currency?
Would it be too hard to, perhaps offer a blue quality weapon mod to someone who placed in the top 10% of a major arkfall? To make them feel like their participation was worthwhile?

Also the enemies in this game seem to be very biased in terms of rocket and grenade launchers. It's kind of rediculous the amount of damage they are able to deal, with it being mostly unavoidable.

You can sleep well at night knowing that this issue has been addressed to an extent. http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/04/03/the-day-of-defiance-is-here-what-beautiful-baby-of-ours-it-is/