PDA

View Full Version : Why do 99ers have firefighter helmets?

Bonehead
08-04-2014, 06:07 PM
I have never seen miner helmets or hardhats that look like the ones the 99ers wear. I even googled it to be sure.

I am intimately familiar with firefighter helmets though.

http://www.glatfelterspecialtybenefits.com/images/VolunteerFireInsuranceFirefighterHelmet.jpg

soria
08-04-2014, 06:14 PM
how can you be intimate with a helmet?lol
why do half the outfits feature scuba tanks?

konstantinov
08-04-2014, 06:19 PM
I have never seen miner helmets or hardhats that look like the ones the 99ers wear. I even googled it to be sure.

I am intimately familiar with firefighter helmets though.

http://www.glatfelterspecialtybenefits.com/images/VolunteerFireInsuranceFirefighterHelmet.jpg

1 word will answer your inquiry.

Smelters

Bonehead
08-04-2014, 06:23 PM
how can you be intimate with a helmet?lol
why do half the outfits feature scuba tanks?

I wore one for 18 years.

As far as the tanks go, you got me.

I can see smelters wearing welding gear but the firefighter helmets on the miners has always bugged me.
They are very unique to firefighting.

CRIXDA
08-04-2014, 06:47 PM
My Clanmate/Sis Pink Apocalypse keeps on torching those chumpstains with her new, WICKED Northstar Flare so they have begun to wear as much protective gear as possible. It won't be long until they are in NASA EVA suits trying to get away from her.

Kershoc
08-04-2014, 08:33 PM
I can see smelters wearing welding gear but the firefighter helmets on the miners has always bugged me. They are very unique to firefighting.

They are a hat and they are hard. In this post apocalyptic world that somehow destroyed every hard hat manufacturer in the world the miners take what they can get. Old Firefighter Hats.

No Wait That's All Wrong. 99ers wear firefighter helmets...

Because Grenades!

Ruinne
08-04-2014, 08:49 PM
Proper mining helmets have a brim on them much like a fire fighters helmet. Older mining helmets were way more rugged than fire fighter helmets because of what would land on their heads. Miners tend to wear regular construction helmets these days even though miners are more likely to suffer head injuries than fire fighters, but since machinery does most of the digging there isn't much landing on a miner's noggin. Interestingly, miners get burned more than fire fighters too, and inhale more toxic vapours.

What you really need to ask is: Why are the miners using picks on trees and cars. Why are they using picks at all? I mean they arrive in tunnelling machines... You would think a pneumatic hammer-drill wouldn't be unheard of.

crazyged
08-05-2014, 03:20 AM
Proper mining helmets have a brim on them much like a fire fighters helmet. Older mining helmets were way more rugged than fire fighter helmets because of what would land on their heads. Miners tend to wear regular construction helmets these days even though miners are more likely to suffer head injuries than fire fighters, but since machinery does most of the digging there isn't much landing on a miner's noggin. Interestingly, miners get burned more than fire fighters too, and inhale more toxic vapours.

What you really need to ask is: Why are the miners using picks on trees and cars. Why are they using picks at all? I mean they arrive in tunnelling machines... You would think a pneumatic hammer-drill wouldn't be unheard of.

Maybe the ones using picks are on punishment detail - like having to use a toothbrush to clean toilets.

Combo Breaker
08-05-2014, 05:59 AM
What bothers me is I see these guys working hard on the roadside, and the Smelters appear to be repairing bridges. Why would I want to kill these repairmen? Why would I want to run over these guys digging ditches and picking up trash?

They keep Paradise beautiful.

Ruinne
08-05-2014, 07:07 AM
What bothers me is I see these guys working hard on the roadside, and the Smelters appear to be repairing bridges. Why would I want to kill these repairmen? Why would I want to run over these guys digging ditches and picking up trash?

They keep Paradise beautiful.

Because they're crazy.

If a plumber shows up to your house and eats your cockatiel after he takes a propane torch to your fingers, you wouldn't congratulate him for his plumbing skills.