PDA

View Full Version : Shield Upgrading - Secondary doesnt upgrade?



Mishura
08-04-2014, 08:22 PM
So I have a blue Respark Regenerator (50% health regen), however, if i go to upgrade it to purple (or orange), it doesnt show the health regen increasing to 75 (100)%.

Is this a bug, does it simply not display this upgrade, or is this a game mechanic and the health regen cannot be upgraded at all?

Griffix8
08-04-2014, 08:24 PM
If I remember correctly upgrading the rarity only grants shield plates based on rarity...I could be wrong.

Kershoc
08-04-2014, 08:28 PM
The level of regeneration is not based on the rarity of the shield. It is based on the suffix of the shield. Each rarity shield can create 25%, 50%, 75%, etc version of Regenerators.

ironcladtrash
08-04-2014, 08:46 PM
The level of regeneration is not based on the rarity of the shield. It is based on the suffix of the shield. Each rarity shield can create 25%, 50%, 75%, etc version of Regenerators.

This, and since they changed shield stats a couple patches ago they have been broken. Here is how they used to work.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?117424-SiN-s-Shield-Guide&p=1107869#post1107869

The secondary abilities used to be offset by things like recharge rates, delay and capacity. Now the shields of the same rarities all have the same base stats except maybe the IV versions should have higher capacity now. The secondary abilities and are still broke and uneven and cause clear discrepancies.

I have gotten 2 natural legendary Respark regenerators. They both have a nano resistance but one is 25% regen and the other is 75% otherwise the stats are identical. That is my most recent example I have I keep repeating hoping Trion will get a clue one day and fix it.

konstantinov
08-04-2014, 08:49 PM
Upgrading the shield doesn't upgrade the % of the effect. That's why they have values assigned to them. II, III, IV, V.

nathanpbutler
08-04-2014, 09:06 PM
That is working as intended. You should see one of the other stats changing depending on shield type (I forget offhand which one boosts which stat, since I tend to use Rebels, not Resparks), but the health regen is based, as others have said, on the Roman numeral behind the name.

As another poster said, you should see armor plate upgrades, but remember that blue and purple have the same number of armor plates, so it won't change when you go blue to purple, but if you further go to orange, THEN you will get another armor plate. THAT stat is based on rarity too, but not just going up each time.

Mishura
08-05-2014, 04:46 PM
You were all correct - just wanted to be sure i wasnt missing something, or messing something up

thank you for the feedback, and the links!