PDA

View Full Version : What weapon is doing crazy damage to bosses?

Jet1337
08-05-2014, 02:29 AM
I was at hellbug majors all day and not even 10 seconds and the boss is dead. So I checked out some of the people who got in the top 5 and most of them had EMC Service Rifles. I don't know if it's just those weapons that are OP as ****. Are there any others?

JEMINAI
08-05-2014, 02:35 AM
paradise perferator fully modded perhaps.

crazyged
08-05-2014, 02:35 AM
Depends on the boss - the one goes down really quickly, no matter what you're using. I think it's the Hellbug Matron.

If I use a tachmag or needler, you can see the health bar dropping as you fire.

It can be annoying, because sometimes you don't even have time to get to it before it's down.

JEMINAI
08-05-2014, 02:47 AM
tbh as a max ego player the ark bosses die far too easily. the mobs seem to scale fine but its as though the bosses dont at all.
ie. 1 shotted Progenitor using a crimefighter.

Jet1337
08-05-2014, 02:50 AM
paradise perferator fully modded perhaps.

I'm using a modded-out T5 perforator and they're not dying instantly. I'm talking about hellbug hellions, hellion larva, and matrons.

Chump Norris
08-05-2014, 03:01 AM
A charged crimefighter can do some serious damage..

Jet1337
08-05-2014, 03:07 AM
A charged crimefighter can do some serious damage.. Enough to one-shot a hellion?

Chump Norris
08-05-2014, 03:12 AM
Enough to one-shot a hellion?

I wouldnt be surprised if one with some damage rolls could. The rad one I was using tore everything apart and had no damage rolls.

EDIT: I didnt even think to try it with overcharge and a damage spike.

crazyged
08-05-2014, 03:12 AM
Enough to one-shot a hellion?

I was wondering that too - the symbiote takes a bit of damage before it drops, normally.

Jet1337
08-05-2014, 03:20 AM
I was wondering that too - the symbiote takes a bit of damage before it drops, normally.

Yeah, the symbiote died before it even went down and three of the four legs were still there.

crazyged
08-05-2014, 03:22 AM
Yeah, the symbiote died before it even went down and three of the four legs were still there.

Hmmm I think I must buy me that weapon!

ConcreteSnake
08-05-2014, 05:21 AM
Ground pounders do stupid damage to bosses also

Combo Breaker
08-05-2014, 06:11 AM
.................................................. .....

SilverWF
08-05-2014, 06:24 AM
A charged crimefighter can do some serious damage..
I'm pretty doubt about this
This charge time... God, THIS charge time! I'm able to deal 2-3 times more damage with my VBI Assault Rifle for this time!

bigguy
08-05-2014, 06:26 AM
Its the health scaling for the boss. The more or less people that are there scales the health of the helion or progenator or whatever up and down depending on how many people are there and there combined egos. The health scaling of the bosses are not working correctly so sometimes the boss dies very quickly.

Wraither
08-05-2014, 09:18 AM
Get yourself a needles or tachmag pulser. Set it up with some complimentary perks from your EGO, and make sure you stand near ammo crates or have ammo perks, cause they spit ammo like its going out of style. Many times I drop mob after mob, or do serious damage to the boss only to find in the heat of the moment that I get the big red "NO AMMO" on my screen and stuff is seriously pissed and aggro'd bad onto me. The more damage you do, the more attention you get

Also, depending on the boss, you might want to have a choice of a couple of different weapons, not every weapon is well suited for every boss or mob type

Marek Sari
08-05-2014, 11:14 AM
2 of my favourite weapons to bust out on a boss are my 0 recoil Sumimoto with Bio on it. Works a treat. Also I have a FRC SAW with a low low recoil of just 5%, which has fire on it. Came top of quite a few Arkfall bosses with those beauties, and top 5 a lot in WM [thats down to luck on armor breaks if you get first though, not weapon!]

But in general, I tend to go Controlled Burst Mod in a Tachmag, SAW or Sumimoto, with Orange recoil reduction stocks and 1 or 2 recoil rolls, depending which of the listed weapons [tachmag needs less recoil handling than the SAW obviously]. Sure the tachmag looses bullets like someone on blood thinners with a stab wound bleeds out, but the dmg is good. Sumimoto usually needs a mag roll or two, as does the Tachmag. But both are great with the correct rolls. The SAW has less need for mag rolls, but you will find it handles like a jack hammer if you dont have 2 recoil rolls + the orange recoil stock on it.

crazyged
08-05-2014, 12:01 PM
Yeah, I swear by my Needler and Tachmag - those are event winners for me.

My needler (bio) does a great job on the WMs crystals too.

But yeah, you gotta plan ahead, ammo-wise!

Terrato137
08-05-2014, 12:26 PM
I wouldnt be surprised if one with some damage rolls could. The rad one I was using tore everything apart and had no damage rolls.

EDIT: I didnt even think to try it with overcharge and a damage spike.

I've done that before. So....much....damage....

JEMINAI
08-07-2014, 02:12 PM
I'm not saying it's "working as intended" but my crime fighter did seem to 1shot the scrapper boss as soon as it opened.
sure everyone was shooting but was the first time I'd seen that. (perhaps a hacker with an adjusted weapon)
but this crime fighter can get some crazy crits. just don't want it to bounce back at you "squish"

Bacon Overlord
08-07-2014, 02:15 PM
I was at hellbug majors all day and not even 10 seconds and the boss is dead. So I checked out some of the people who got in the top 5 and most of them had EMC Service Rifles. I don't know if it's just those weapons that are OP as ****. Are there any others?

Simple answer with a very complex explanation.

People with weapons that have ratings that match their ego level that have the right synergy mods, good rolls, maxed weapon skill and the right damage/weapon type for the boss will do the most damage to it... always.

Plus the lower the risk, the less health the boss has and the lower level of the TYPE of boss you'll get also. Which makes a MASSIVE difference between say a 4 and a 10.

As far as the explanation, I'd have to defer to the data website because there is far to much to cover here.