PDA

View Full Version : I don't recommend this Forum. Here's why.

adamaant
04-03-2013, 02:47 PM
If you are on the fence about buying, please just wait to buy instead of believing everything you read on this Forum. If you like what you see and have the money, buy it. It's a really good game. It needs some improvements, but no where as bad as people are saying. After a week or two the trolls will clear out and you will get some realistic criticism, plus a lot more input from people that like the game who are now busy playing.

Am I calling you a troll if you don't like certain aspects of the game on day one? Well no. The good news about a game like this and a developer like Trion is that you in fact will see meaningful improvements in the short term rather than long term. Let them get through the launch and the will address a lot I think.

Here are a few of the major complaints I've seen which have some truth to them and should be addressed:

1. User interface: I don't think it's nearly as bad as people are saying. Due to the fact that they decided to ambitiously release this game to PC, Xbox, and PS3 at the same time they probably needed to choose an interface that would work for both PC and Console. It needs some work. I was happy to see the exit button clearly visible when you press the space bar in the menu screen. I had trouble finding this in beta.

2. Chat: Yea, I'd like to chat with people. Chat does work. No one is using it because it's not clear if anyone is listening. I'd like to listen to folks banter over the general channel and get to know people. I think it will get addressed, but was probably lower on the list of priorities. Lot's of serious gamers have other options for chat if they find a group they like to play with. Guilds often use Ventrilo or other services to allow voice chat.

3. Quests and story: I love the quests and the story. I think that will get better still when the TV show starts and there is a direct correlation between the story in the game and the world of the TV show. Don't undervalue the fact that a high quality dramatic TV series is being released with the game. It's not been done before, but I suspect it will give people a real emotional connection to the game.

Other issues: Driving is fun to me. Mini games are a good distraction. The graphics look fine on my computer. I have not had any technical issues that relate to logging in, getting my pre-order items, or in game bugs besides a few minor glitches.

So, feel free to read through all the negative posts from people about this game that is 24 hours old. I don't recommend it though. There just isn't a realistic balance on here of people who like or dislike the game. The ones that like it are presently playing the game.

Roflmaowtf
04-03-2013, 02:53 PM
The majority of people enjoying the game are too busy playing it, so no one should really pay too much attention to what they read on the forum of a game that's only just been released.

bleuzarro
04-03-2013, 03:47 PM
unless you have 2 computers. then play and troll all at the same time. mwahahahahaha

bleuzarro
04-03-2013, 03:48 PM
oh, and i really think the people complaining about the driving had only used the very first vehicle. which was horrrrrrible. I have the dune buggy now and the other 4 wheeler and the charger, and they're all a lot of fun to drive. the dune buggy is by far my favorite tho.