PDA

View Full Version : why do we continue to do this to ourselves? my testimonial.

CRIXDA
08-05-2014, 01:30 PM
I want to take a photo of myself and post it here, put a caption under it that says "glutton for punishment" and see if anyone else would do something else of the sort.
"Hello, my name is Billy and I am a 'Defianceaholic'. I cannot stop my addiction and there is no real treatment for it. I am chained to Defiance and I can't help myself, I hope for more and more and it never comes. I sink cash into Defiance and believe the lies that my dealer tells me. I have seen others break free from the cycle of addiction but I just can't, I don't have the strength and my dealer preys upon my steadily. I just know that there can be soooo much more, so much more. I began this journey with so much hope and enthusiasm - when I started the beta. I saw the commercial and everything. I was hooked, they had me. I was done. I got a small taste and I sat in my room, rocking and waiting - feinding for Defiance and the possibilities. I had pre-ordered and I was waiting, oh I was thirsting. I was ready. I don't have much time, hopefully others will tell their story and we will forgive ourselves. Now, over a year later we still wait for more and get less. Even after we have learned to expect little, we get less. Less than the little we expected. I am so tired. Forgive me. Thank you."

Vega
08-05-2014, 01:33 PM
          

Bacon Overlord
08-05-2014, 01:35 PM
I want to take a photo of myself and post it here, put a caption under it that says "glutton for punishment" and see if anyone else would do something else of the sort.
"Hello, my name is Billy and I am a 'Defianceaholic'. I cannot stop my addiction and there is no real treatment for it. I am chained to Defiance and I can't help myself, I hope for more and more and it never comes. I sink cash into Defiance and believe the lies that my dealer tells me. I have seen others break free from the cycle of addiction but I just can't, I don't have the strength and my dealer preys upon my steadily. I just know that there can be soooo much more, so much more. I began this journey with so much hope and enthusiasm - when I started the beta. I saw the commercial and everything. I was hooked, they had me. I was done. I got a small taste and I sat in my room, rocking and waiting - feinding for Defiance and the possibilities. I had pre-ordered and I was waiting, oh I was thirsting. I was ready. I don't have much time, hopefully others will tell their story and we will forgive ourselves. Now, over a year later we still wait for more and get less. Even after we have learned to expect little, we get less. Less than the little we expected. I am so tired. Forgive me. Thank you."

What in the utter hell are you talking about?

We get new content all the time.... drugs are bad.

Alastar
08-05-2014, 01:36 PM
Time for you to break free. Here's my advice. Take defiance out of your disc tray. Don't put it back in except for when new content comes out and only to do the new content. Failing that go to your storage and grit your teeth and delete defiance! ;)

Warhorse500
08-05-2014, 03:25 PM

It's not that hard Crixda. I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I've logged on over the last two months.

Just imagine Trick Dempsey laughing in your face....forever. And I'm sure he's laughing, because I've already seen the blog posts..."HAHAHAHAHA.....OOHOHOHOHOHOHO....You stupid little Defiance players. I'VE ALREADY GOT YOUR MONEY!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! And you'll never get it back...." And so on.

After that image in my head, it's really---no, make that really REALLY easy---to just not log on. I've said before that I'd stick it out to the end, because I want to see how it ends. But otherwise...meh. Defiance isn't done, but you can see the end from here.

Tandy
08-05-2014, 03:30 PM
Defiance Anonymous thanks you for sharing... However, at this time we are going to need you to

http://www.androidguys.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/insert_coin_to_continue.png

Copperpot
08-05-2014, 03:33 PM
We like shooting things, even ourselves

Bonehead
08-05-2014, 03:35 PM
We get new content all the time.... drugs are bad.

Very contradictory statement that.

Bonehead
08-05-2014, 03:37 PM
Thanks for sharing Billy. Go have some coffee and remember, one day at a time bro.

Smiit
08-05-2014, 03:38 PM
I too, am a Defianceaholic. I am not ashamed nor am I sad. I am proud! Long live DEFIANCE!!!

bigguy
08-05-2014, 03:40 PM
You can have this giant hunk of crap Smiit its all yours

DEATHBRINGER210
08-05-2014, 03:45 PM
hello everyone my name is death. i too am a recovering Defianceaholic. i need a sponsor. i need help too. :(

Smiit
08-05-2014, 03:46 PM
Ill share my hunk of crap with you Deathbringer. We will go through this journey together.

Bentu
08-05-2014, 03:47 PM
I to am a Defianceaholic, loved the game which has turned into a love hate sorta thing.

What's the next step?

DEATHBRINGER210
08-05-2014, 03:49 PM
k , wanna get some doughnuts and starbucks this is gonna take a while

konstantinov
08-05-2014, 03:49 PM
k , wanna get some doughnuts and starbucks this is gonna take a while

EDZ is back.

Alastar
08-05-2014, 03:52 PM
The next step is to accept your higher power. Trick Dempsey. And accept there are things you cannot change. Tricks will be done. Amen.

konstantinov
08-05-2014, 03:53 PM
The next step is to accept your higher power. Trick Dempsey. And accept there are things you cannot change. Tricks will be done. Amen.

It seems like it's not a democracy but a dictatorship. Anyone buying that?

DEATHBRINGER210
08-05-2014, 03:57 PM
did some 1 say higher . high on something

konstantinov
08-05-2014, 03:58 PM
did some 1 say higher . high on something

I'm high on life.

and bath salts.

DEATHBRINGER210
08-05-2014, 03:59 PM
i saw him . he rage quit after i shot him trying to cap the point

Bonehead
08-05-2014, 04:00 PM
I'm high on life.

and bath salts.

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/giphy_zps4976d033.gif

konstantinov
08-05-2014, 04:01 PM
i saw him . he rage quit after i shot him trying to cap the point

He died 3 times in shadow war!!!! WTF and I killed him twice. I did ask him how his vacation went and he responded.

konstantinov
08-05-2014, 04:02 PM
http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/giphy_zps4976d033.gif

I don't follow politics but is that Rick Santorum? Didn't he smoke crack or something?

JadedSinn
08-05-2014, 04:02 PM
and bath salts.

no eating anyones faces now >.>

hi im sinn and im a Defianc holic, iv been playing for over helf a year now. and just cant seem to put the game down. no matter how many others come out

Alastar
08-05-2014, 04:04 PM
Stay strong y'all. With perseverance and a good attitude you can recover and move on to better more rewarding games :)

Bonehead
08-05-2014, 04:07 PM
Stay strong y'all. With perseverance and a good attitude you can recover and move on to better more rewarding games :)

Or just come to a realization that you have absolutely no control over the direction this game takes and just play it for what it's worth.

Iceberg
08-05-2014, 04:11 PM
I don't follow politics but is that Rick Santorum? Didn't he smoke crack or something?

That is mit romney, and ya he smokes crack or something.

To all the defiance-aholics there is some good news, Trion is developing a patch to kick that addiction, they will destroy your need to play Defiance one patch at a time.

Alastar
08-05-2014, 04:13 PM
Or what bonehead said lol.

konstantinov
08-05-2014, 04:16 PM
That is mit romney, and ya he smokes crack or something.

To all the defiance-aholics there is some good news, Trion is developing a patch to kick that addiction, they will destroy your need to play Defiance one patch at a time.

Close enough, they're both schmucks.

Ryhlar
08-05-2014, 04:38 PM
I left after the casti dlc, didn't look back and now after watching the series I decided to pop my disc back in. Returning to see these threads has renewed my faith in dark souls 2, be back in season 3 to do a check up.

sirreal420
08-05-2014, 05:05 PM
I left after the casti dlc, didn't look back and now after watching the series I decided to pop my disc back in. Returning to see these threads has renewed my faith in dark souls 2, be back in season 3 to do a check up.

i dont think their will be a season three, syfy still hasnt renewed the show....

Deunan
08-05-2014, 05:29 PM
The reason why most of us continue to play is because it doesn't cost us anything more than our time at this point and there's nothing out there that sufficiently covers this niche of gaming.

For me there is nothing out there or even anything out there on the horizon that fulfills these basic criteria:

1. It must be an MMO (a real MMO and not co-op that allows a group of players to queue into the same world, e.g. Destiny);
2. It must be a sci fi MMO;
3. It must be third person;
4. It must have fluid gunplay.

The other thing is that when you invest enough time in a game and accumulate enough good gear and have friends in the game it gets harder to let go of the hope that it will improve over time, but you can always stay in touch with friends and unless you're a drama queen and ragequit deleting your character, you can always just poke your head in the game and on the forums to see if the situation seems better.

As an aside, I'll be downloading Firefall this weekend. It doesn't mean I'm ceasing gameplay of Defiance, but, notwithstanding some of the bad things I've heard about Firefall, I figured I should poke around for a bit to see what its like for myself. It only costs me some time so I figure I'll give it a try.

Covington
08-05-2014, 05:31 PM
i dont think their will be a season three, syfy still hasnt renewed the show....

They haven't renewed anything but sharknado. So far the cast and Kevin aren't worried - don't think it will end at 2.

Dandrielas
08-05-2014, 05:31 PM
The reason why most of us continue to play is because it doesn't cost us anything more than our time at this point and there's nothing out there that sufficiently covers this niche of gaming.

For me there is nothing out there or even anything out there on the horizon that fulfills these basic criteria:

1. It must be an MMO (a real MMO and not co-op that allows a group of players to queue into the same world, e.g. Destiny);

The other thing is that when you invest enough time in a game and accumulate enough good gear and have friends in the game it gets harder to let go of the hope that it will improve over time, but you can always stay in touch with friends and unless you're a drama queen and ragequit deleting your character, you can always just poke your head in the game and on the forums to see if the situation seems better.

As an aside, I'll be downloading Firefall this weekend. It doesn't mean I'm ceasing gameplay of Defiance, but, notwithstanding some of the bad things I've heard about Firefall, I figured I should poke around for a bit to see what its like for myself. It only costs me some time so I figure I'll give it a try.

Sadly, you are correct. There are not enough games like this out there atm.

anthonybgtn7
08-05-2014, 05:35 PM
Ladies and gentle there is a thing called destiny and she comes out 9/9/14 I will see you there guardians. I've been an ark hunter for far too long I had a blast I won't lie even through all the bs it was fun for the most part but let's face it defiance is slowly dying day by day,and let's not kid ourselves TRION sucks. Definace had a good run and the day these servers die il be there til the last second but this game has let me down time and time patch and patch again there's nothing left here.

Alastar
08-05-2014, 05:38 PM
Aye, soon be time to step into the Guardians shoes. Huzzah!

Dandrielas
08-05-2014, 05:41 PM
Aye, soon be time to step into the Guardians shoes. Huzzah!

Same. For the time being though, let's drink to this game. *pours a drink on the floor*

Alastar
08-05-2014, 05:42 PM
Same. For the time being though, let's drink to this game. *pours a drink on the floor*

That was a waste of booze ser.

Dandrielas
08-05-2014, 05:43 PM

It's acceptable for when you are drinking for a buddy who just died.

DEATHBRINGER210
08-05-2014, 05:45 PM
its just a matter of time till i get my hands on a nasty big boomer

Bentu
08-05-2014, 05:48 PM

So's getting drunk and chucking up.

jackdaws_1999
08-05-2014, 06:20 PM
I am not a defiancaholic... I can quit any time I want... I just need one more shot... I will just explore this new landmass... do the story missions... do an invasion... Maybe farm alittle... maybe farm alot....

Anyway, in responce to Duanans list of requirements, here is mine:

1. MMO that is not Free to play, that is Not pay monthly but a third way... you know how defiance was billed.

2. can either be first (preferable) person or third... hell I would take second (origional resident evil) at this point.

3. Can be any genre except sports or racing (since I have the crew for that part when it comes out).

4. Must Work, or at least work better than defiance.

Unfortunately, I am stuck on xbox 360 till my friends decide to upgrade to either PC (mine is used for dev work only at the moment) or xbox one (Im not a fan of sony's tos for indie devs, I like the way m$ do things tbh), till then, I am stuck on defiance... at least for the next little while anyway.

Bonehead
08-05-2014, 07:09 PM

Nailed it.

BlackTalons
08-05-2014, 07:29 PM
I am not a defiancaholic... I can quit any time I want... I just need one more shot... I will just explore this new landmass... do the story missions... do an invasion... Maybe farm alittle... maybe farm alot....

Anyway, in responce to Duanans list of requirements, here is mine:

1. MMO that is not Free to play, that is Not pay monthly but a third way... you know how defiance was billed.

2. can either be first (preferable) person or third... hell I would take second (origional resident evil) at this point.

3. Can be any genre except sports or racing (since I have the crew for that part when it comes out).

4. Must Work, or at least work better than defiance.

Unfortunately, I am stuck on xbox 360 till my friends decide to upgrade to either PC (mine is used for dev work only at the moment) or xbox one (Im not a fan of sony's tos for indie devs, I like the way m$ do things tbh), till then, I am stuck on defiance... at least for the next little while anyway.

I think Guild wars 2 fits that list... you sure you're not forgetting something?

Milkweed
08-05-2014, 07:34 PM
Close enough, they're both schmucks.

And you say you don't follow politics!

wartitan
08-05-2014, 07:56 PM

I can definitely respect the fact that you know what you want out of a game, and Defiance is truly the only game that I think fits this build to a T (Global Agenda on PC comes awfully close to fulfilling all those requirements though).

That said, I myself only really care about it being a sci fi game with heavy customization aspects, and that it's a shooter of some sort. Given that I'm not home to yet again experience the disappointment of yet another failed patch, leaves room for me to possibly still play this game from time to time. Really don't think I'll be doing much except working between now and the 9th, so I don't know that it matters what Trion does from here on out.

All I can say it, the jump from Arkhunter to Guardian really will be a sweet one....

sirreal420
08-05-2014, 07:58 PM
planetside 2 fits it all too so does firefall

Bonehead
08-05-2014, 07:59 PM
planetside 2 fits it all too so does firefall

Nope and nope.

jackdaws_1999
08-05-2014, 08:01 PM
I think Guild wars 2 fits that list... you sure you're not forgetting something?

Im banned from Guild Wars by my wife... that and Eve onine, Ultima Online, and a whole miriad of other games that I would simply stop eating for because it took up valuable gaming time.... Im a gaming Adict... Hell I even managed to make work all about gaming... I love gaming..... I cannot quit that whenever I want.... I would DIE! ok maybe not actually die... but I would die a little inside !?!

N3gativeCr33p
08-05-2014, 08:03 PM
I am not a defiancaholic... I can quit any time I want... I just need one more shot... I will just explore this new landmass... do the story missions... do an invasion... Maybe farm alittle... maybe farm alot...

I'm also not a Defianceaholic, mainly because I find other games to play when this one isn't working as it should. Fun for a while, but I saw the writing on the wall some time ago.

Dandrielas
08-05-2014, 08:03 PM
Im banned from Guild Wars by my wife... that and Eve onine, Ultima Online, and a whole miriad of other games that I would simply stop eating for because it took up valuable gaming time.... Im a gaming Adict... Hell I even managed to make work all about gaming... I love gaming..... I cannot quit that whenever I want.... I would DIE! ok maybe not actually die... but I would die a little inside !?!

Sounds bad. Have you tried this cure called alcohol and outside activities? It treats a lot of those symptoms.

Alastar
08-05-2014, 08:13 PM
If I were to make a list for a niche it'd be close enough to Deunans save for either first or third or changeable camera I'm good with and I'm not really an mmo fella. So I can pass on that. Oooooh destiny!!!

jackdaws_1999
08-05-2014, 08:20 PM
Sounds bad. Have you tried this cure called alcohol and outside activities? It treats a lot of those symptoms.

I have a medical resistance to alcohol, I can and have drunk many many bottles of Vodka and all I get is hung over. When I was young and stupid I thought it was cool that I could drink every person around me under the table... then one night I counted up how much I was wasting... never doing it again. Regarding the outside activities... I get out... sometimes... when we are out of food and stuff...

In all seriousness, I love gaming, I love the community of gamers, Where else do you get to meet people who actually would survive a zombie out break? It sure as hell wouldnt be the Jocks, military nuts or the Scientist types. Its Gamers, ok the gamers who are jock military type scientist gamers have a distict advantage over the average gamer, but thats why I went to university and did martial arts my whole life... it sure as hell wasnt for the Job prospects... and it netted me a gamer wife... I have it sweet.... Im living the dream.... my dream anyway, the only thing missing is a zombie appocolypse, and I have some ideas for that too (Bio engineering night courses for the win)

Dandrielas
08-05-2014, 08:32 PM
I have a medical resistance to alcohol, I can and have drunk many many bottles of Vodka and all I get is hung over. When I was young and stupid I thought it was cool that I could drink every person around me under the table... then one night I counted up how much I was wasting... never doing it again. Regarding the outside activities... I get out... sometimes... when we are out of food and stuff...

In all seriousness, I love gaming, I love the community of gamers, Where else do you get to meet people who actually would survive a zombie out break? It sure as hell wouldnt be the Jocks, military nuts or the Scientist types. Its Gamers, ok the gamers who are jock military type scientist gamers have a distict advantage over the average gamer, but thats why I went to university and did martial arts my whole life... it sure as hell wasnt for the Job prospects... and it netted me a gamer wife... I have it sweet.... Im living the dream.... my dream anyway, the only thing missing is a zombie appocolypse, and I have some ideas for that too (Bio engineering night courses for the win)

I was joking around, but yeah, I am the military, scientist type gamer. :)

Chump Norris
08-05-2014, 08:35 PM
The Lockaholic 12 steps:

1. We admitted we were powerless over locks—that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of Trion as we understood them.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to Trion, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have Trion remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked Trion to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through forum posts and meditation to improve our conscious contact with Trion, as we understood Them, posting only for knowledge of Their will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message to Lock Keepers, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

Tweak as needed and remember one day at a time.

ironcladtrash
08-05-2014, 08:40 PM

Lol, I play Defiance drunk a lot.

I am still here because there is nothing else is quit like it. Deunan nailed it earlier too. The gameplay for Defiance is very smooth despite all the bugs and broken loot. I have tried and Warframe and Firefall. Warframe was smooth but wasn't really open world and had no PVP. Firefall isn't smooth and felt clunky and the controller support is lacking.

Deunan
08-05-2014, 09:09 PM
planetside 2 fits it all too so does firefallPlanetside 2 is first person not third person. I also forgot to mention another criterion which is PvE content and PvE orientation in general. Planetside 2 is all PvP.

As I said I am probably going to try Firefall, possibly as soon as this weekend but I have heard both good and bad things about it so it might end up being trading one set of problems for another.

Dandrielas
08-05-2014, 09:11 PM
Planetside 2 is first person not third person. I also forgot to mention another criterion which is PvE content and PvE orientation in general. Planetside 2 is all PvP.

As I said I am probably going to try Firefall, possibly as soon as this weekend but I have heard both good and bad things about it so it might end up being trading one set of problems for another.

Planetside 2 is third. Not unless they changed it. Well, it's both first and third.

Deunan
08-05-2014, 09:13 PM
Firefall isn't smooth and felt clunky and the controller support is lacking.Well I'm going to try it anyway to get a personal perspective. It's free so all I'm investing is a bit of time, but if it isn't smooth and fluid that will kill it for me as it has for other shooters I've tried, some of which were only co-op to boot.

ironcladtrash
08-05-2014, 09:24 PM
Well I'm going to try it anyway to get a personal perspective. It's free so all I'm investing is a bit of time, but if it isn't smooth and fluid that will kill it for me as it has for other shooters I've tried, some of which were only co-op to boot.

Definitely not discouraging you to. Especially being free doesn't hurt to try it. May have to take that conversation to the off topic though to see your thoughts on it. I downloaded it again the other day since it went F2P hoping they fixed some things and it felt the same but I already ran into a bug in the tutorial where I have no weapon. It may be better with a keyboard but lack of full controller support is what stopped me from going to ESO.

Deunan
08-05-2014, 09:24 PM
Planetside 2 is third. Not unless they changed it. Well, it's both first and third.Every single video of gameplay I've seen of it is in first person. It doesn't matter anyway. PvP only is a total non-starter for me as a replacement for Defiance.

Dandrielas
08-05-2014, 09:34 PM
Every single video of gameplay I've seen of it is in first person. It doesn't matter anyway. PvP only is a total non-starter for me as a replacement for Defiance.

I could have sworn it was in third. I remember seeing videos of it with a guy sniping people. Oh well though, I agree. I need both PvE and PvP instead of just pvp.

ironcladtrash
08-05-2014, 09:38 PM
I could have sworn it was in third. I remember seeing videos of it with a guy sniping people. Oh well though, I agree. I need both PvE and PvP instead of just pvp.

I am huge PVP player but me too. That is part of what killed Titanfall for me is that it was only PVP.

Dandrielas
08-05-2014, 09:40 PM
I am huge PVP player but me too. That is part of what killed Titanfall for me is that it was only PVP.

That is why the other D-game interests me. It has both.

Alastar
08-05-2014, 09:53 PM
I didn't test the Destiny PvP. Don't plan on playing it at all tbh lol. Only played Defiance PvP for pursuits and....well I didn't make it very far :p

Ah yes titanfall. I bought that for $60 only to play it once and put it back in its case before trading it in for watch dogs. My own fault for not checking to ensure it had PvE. Ah well live and learn.

konstantinov
08-05-2014, 10:09 PM
And you say you don't follow politics!

Dead hookers?

Deunan
08-05-2014, 10:48 PM
Well based on my Co-op Expert Map rewards being cut in half I've decided to download Firefall tonight when I got bed.

Chat is still broken too by the way.

DeadEye68
08-05-2014, 11:14 PM
As of now I'm effectively out of Defiance, probably definitively.

Just a few more pushes and the "active minority" will probably be all gone. Forums will be a lot quieter I guess ... until the current silent majority gets ticked enough to become vocal. The game has to live long enough for it to happen though.

Quite a sad day, the game gave me so much but right now it feels like it wants to take from me or more precisely from my credit card. Been playing Marvel Heroes for the last couple of days, game improved a lot and at least buying something from the game store isn't a hopeless gamble. Defiance on the other hand has turned into a lose-lose lottery. Can't remember who it was, but someone mentioned Defiance being a business in an official communication. I'm perfectly fine with this, I'm not quite sure highway robbery qualifies as business practice though.

It's been a enjoyable ride, but right now it's headed in a direction I'm not willing to go.

drackiller
08-05-2014, 11:28 PM
I didn't test the Destiny PvP. Don't plan on playing it at all tbh lol. Only played Defiance PvP for pursuits and....well I didn't make it very far :p

Destiny PVP is very different from Defiance PVP. At least in Destiny you can see you adversaries.

In Destiny is a matter of skill, mind you that i`m not a skilled player but i will play PVP in Destiny,here in Defiance...NO.

darkaria73
08-05-2014, 11:37 PM
I started to play defiance a few weeks ago, so far I am at 2728 ego. I have several epics and a few legendarily items; I was slowly able to increase their ratings. With the nerf to arkforge this will now be impossible, so I wonder if this game is worth playing anymore. I am getting tired of free to play games constantly aiming for crazy money grabs, this is why I will always think the subscription model will always be better.

LAS
08-05-2014, 11:50 PM
I'm still new to this, and for now i'm sort of willing to play more. One of the reasons is that Disconnectifience... err Defience is PvE. It is rare find these days, when just every developer company seems to be obsessed with PvP. But lag is sure the major issue. Now, when they are free-to-play, they should resolve the lag problem as soon as possible, or it will be an end to this game. Free players will not pay for lag and disconnections when there're many other free-to-play games.

Yun
08-06-2014, 01:59 PM
Actually I was sort of with you on most of your points Crix, but after today I am officially done with Defiance. I've been here from the start with most of the other vets. Though after updating today and restarting my system I get the "Install Game" once more after a good amount of time getting the update downloaded. No more I will not subject myself to re-installing this sthacko from scratch it's just not worth it anymore.

Alastar
08-06-2014, 02:02 PM
I had some fail patches last night night and gave up. Got patched today after deleting everything but I certainly won't be patching from scratch ever again lol. Next time I have to patch from scratch after deleting everything from my hard drive I'll stop at deleting everything from my hard drive. :p

N3gativeCr33p
08-06-2014, 02:28 PM
Actually I was sort of with you on most of your points Crix, but after today I am officially done with Defiance.

After catching up on threads just now, I'm pretty much right there with you.

My suggestion, Crix? Gather some scratch and get new hardware... Xbox One, PS4, PC, doesn't matter... you can throw a dart blindfolded and find better games to play.

Yun
08-06-2014, 09:43 PM

My suggestion, Crix? Gather some scratch and get new hardware... Xbox One, PS4, PC, doesn't matter... you can throw a dart blindfolded and find better games to play.

I've been on 360 and this marks like the 5th or 6th time since certain updates it's wanted me to reinstall the game from scratch which even at my decent connection takes between 3-5 hours. It's just not worth the time anymore to do everything from scratch all over. I mean serious you install the game once so why the jekk doesn't it stay installed? That's what makes no sense about it what so ever.

08-07-2014, 12:14 AM
Hello, my name is Billy and I am a 'Defianceaholic'. I cannot stop my addiction and there is no real treatment for it. I am chained to Defiance and I can't help myself, I hope for more and more and it never comes. I sink cash into Defiance and believe the lies that my dealer tells me.

When the biggest Defiance fan goes all sauer, you KNOW Trion is doing a great job.

l Krazey Ivan l
08-07-2014, 05:10 AM
You can have this giant hunk of crap Smiit its all yours

If you don't want to play defiance anymore can I have your weapons and scrip? :)

drackiller
08-07-2014, 05:13 AM
If you don't want to play defiance anymore can I have your weapons and scrip? :)

If you pay well. i`ll sell you my stuff. Always wanted to buried my self in gold...pardon my self , SCRIP.

rydda
08-07-2014, 05:45 AM
I know what you are saying an feel about defiance, I too was a Defianceaholic sitting there defending the game an dreaming of the stuff we could have gotten for what high hope I once had now seams to be stressful but have broken away for a little bit cut back on my time on the game an never defend Trion again for I have feel they just f%
up a great game with limitations like ego cap hitting a wall sorry end of game for the time being like stop an go then stop an go traffic on a pack highway.

konstantinov
08-07-2014, 08:07 AM

Do you get the feeling we're playing a game off itunes or android market? It's the same principle but my iphone has better graphics and less lag with zero disconnects.

Coincidence?

Copperpot
08-07-2014, 09:44 AM
If you pay well. i`ll sell you my stuff. Always wanted to buried my self in gold...pardon my self , SCRIP.

After that you can buy a lockbox. 1 lockbox.

N3gativeCr33p
08-07-2014, 10:41 AM
Coincidence?

I think not.

08-08-2014, 12:21 AM
Actually I was sort of with you on most of your points Crix, but after today I am officially done with Defiance.

Tumtumtum.. Another one bites the dust..

drackiller
08-08-2014, 12:23 AM
After that you can buy a lockbox. 1 lockbox.

Yeah, i really want to buy that new box and get four amazing crap blue items ;)

08-08-2014, 03:21 AM
Yeah, i really want to buy that new box and get four amazing crap blue items ;)

It shows dedication. Also, you can purchase it from the bitshop for cheap.