PDA

View Full Version : Keycodes now cost 10K ark salvage and 5K script.

Vash Arrok
08-05-2014, 02:22 PM
WOW, thats a heck of a price hike. Might be time to shift to selling over salvage. Why salvage you ask? I have been planning a year since the extra life event, for the next one. Glad I did, however not going to be heading down that road after/if this years event takes place.

In my mind the hike is unreasonable. Of course I am not in the world yet so at this point im assuming this is for 1 keycode.

ConcreteSnake
08-05-2014, 02:25 PM
if 10 keys cost 50k i will nevever buy one again,

Deunan
08-05-2014, 02:27 PM
In my mind the hike is unreasonable. Of course I am not in the world yet so at this point im assuming this is for 1 keycode.If you are not in the game where are you getting this information?

soria
08-05-2014, 02:30 PM
if this is correct its going to be a deal breaker for many.people should boycott bit store in protest.
Defiance the game that keeps on taking.

Vash Arrok
08-05-2014, 02:30 PM
If you are not in the game where are you getting this information?

In the patch notes, under general fixes, point 7, last thing printed.

Edit to add, the patch notes on screen, not forums or anywhere else but right in front of my eyes. Xbox360

OrpheusXI
08-05-2014, 02:33 PM

This. I'll just quit, I was willing to get passed the other things but this taking out what I do most in the game. -_-

Not only that, this a huge kick in the face for them do to mention this in the stream.

ConcreteSnake
08-05-2014, 02:34 PM
they literally made the price of 10 keys now the price of 1 key. an increase of x10........wow

SilverWF
08-05-2014, 02:35 PM

The same here...

Overtkill21
08-05-2014, 02:36 PM
Looks like we all get Ark Salvage hoards - Yay?

Big Jack Shepard
I really want this to be a joke thread.

Milkweed
TEN TIMES INFLATION? that's ludicrous. I will buy NOTHING.

Vash Arrok
08-05-2014, 02:37 PM
Yep, I feel entitled to say its a kick to the head and Im being contructive with that comment.

Still Im not in game but hey why would you read less into that than what they have printed?

duction
08-05-2014, 02:37 PM
who bought keys in the 1st place?

Vash Arrok
08-05-2014, 02:42 PM

Me :P I love salvage and keycodes. Oh wait, I did. :)

shadowvox2013
08-05-2014, 02:42 PM
10k/5k for codes that 99% of the time you get trash! wow!this may be the end for a lot of end game players!

ConcreteSnake
08-05-2014, 02:43 PM

i would occasionally when i was close to 64 keys, maybe 10-20 at a time, but not after today

Bentu
08-05-2014, 02:44 PM
I really want this to be a joke thread.

Trion employs Trick Dempsey as lead developer.

Ruinne
08-05-2014, 02:44 PM
Haha, oh wow.

Alastar
08-05-2014, 02:45 PM
That's a stinger lol. Good thing I only bought them like snake. Won't be doing that anymore lol

Big Jack Shepard
Trion employs Trick Dempsey as lead developer.Now thats a good one!

Z0mb1E

What else did you do when you were bored and racked up umpteen million scrip/salvage?

Terrato137
i would occasionally when i was close to 64 keys, maybe 10-20 at a time, but not after today

Same, but now, pfft, not anymore.

Deunan
08-05-2014, 02:46 PM
I really want this to be a joke thread.A rabbi, a priest and game developer walk into a bar... Oh wait, you meant the increased scrip and salvage cost for key codes. Sorry, nothing I can do about that.

duction
08-05-2014, 02:46 PM
What else did you do when you were bored and racked up umpteen million scrip/salvage?

im sat on it all,.

ConcreteSnake
08-05-2014, 02:47 PM
yup, just booted up the xbox and it say "keycodes now cost 10,000 ark salvage and 5,000 scrip" dang what a joke. Trion with their ninja changes to minimize backlash. When i paid attention to the pts this patch was looking awesome, even with the rarity upgrade changes i was fine with, but this......takes the cake.

Bonehead

I thought he said 5k not 50k.

N3gativeCr33p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/L-Re/gifs/laughing-o_zps13ba838a.gif

EDIT:

Likewise on both counts.

clayfig
08-05-2014, 02:48 PM
jeeze I wish I read the patch notes when they came out and got all the lock boxes

mclumpo
08-05-2014, 02:48 PM
Well in all fairness we have been asking for something to do with salvage.
Lol

Z0mb1E
08-05-2014, 02:50 PM

Who got his nickname from his buddies on the cell block........

Bonehead
08-05-2014, 02:51 PM
meanwhile on the bright side, with the key rewards being nerfed as well at least I wont have to spend keys on worthless boxes so often.

lukeskyw
08-05-2014, 02:52 PM
sorry but why the whinning ? As of now, almost every serious player know that the lockbox don't give good items 99% of the time. So why bothering to buy keycode it's not like you'll get the ultimate weapon with this method.
Just play, drop some keycodes during event (while doing you contracts for example) and from time to time bought a lockbox, that's all. Nobody force you to use scrip/salvage to buy keycode and futhermore nobody force you to buy lockbox.

Vash Arrok
08-05-2014, 02:52 PM
im sat on it all,.

Same, I kept the 10mil I have for the extra life event if it comes this year. Im also glad I never knew about this amount prior to this patch as my evil side would have said to heck with the extra life event. I would have trolled the boxes with my script and cash. As it is I am happy enough to continue on with my intentions. However, no way Im going to go all out for this again. Its not just a slap in the face for us or just me, its a slap in the face for the charity event also!!!!

Trion at the risk of infraction/punishment, you really are a bunch of noobs. I missed a k at the start of noobs and added an extra o. :P

Ruinne
08-05-2014, 02:53 PM
meanwhile on the bright side, with the key rewards being nerfed as well at least I wont have to spend keys on worthless boxes so often.

I don't get it. Making the drop rates terrible is all fine and dandy, but the boxes still suck. What kind of turnip hybrid thinks that pissing every player off is going to drive people to the bit store to buy something that is still absolutely terrible?

Z0mb1E
08-05-2014, 02:54 PM
Same, I kept the 10mil I have for the extra life event if it comes this year. Im also glad I never knew about this amount prior to this patch as my evil side would have said to heck with the extra life event. I would have trolled the boxes with my script and cash. As it is I am happy enough to continue on with my intentions. However, no way Im going to go all out for this again. Its not just a slap in the face for us or just me, its a slap in the face for the charity event also!!!!

Trion at the risk of infraction/punishment, you really are a bunch of noobs. I missed a k at the start of noobs and added an extra o. :P

Sorry what am I missing here, you kept 10 million salvage for the extra life event? (What do you do with it?)

ConcreteSnake
08-05-2014, 02:54 PM
I thought he said 5k not 50k.
5k scrip per key....so 10 keycodes for 50k scrip and 100k arksalvage

i burned up all my salvage just before the great t2 lockbox arkforge nerf of 2014, so i dont have a ton of salvage left. Just seems greedy to me, an attempt to steal you in game currency so you will use real life currency to buy a virtual pack of garbage pal kids cards.

SpartanXXX
08-05-2014, 02:55 PM
Trion questing I'm max ego what to do with all this ark salvage??

Z0mb1E
08-05-2014, 02:55 PM

i burned up all my salvage just before the great t2 lockbox arkforge nerf of 2014, so i dont have a ton of salvage left. Just seems greedy to me, an attempt to steal you in game currency so you will use real life currency to buy a virtual pack of garbage pal kids cards.

Glad I burned scrip/salvage down a bit before this went into play

Fys
08-05-2014, 02:56 PM
sorry but why the whinning ? As of now, almost every serious player know that the lockbox don't give good items 99% of the time. So why bothering to buy keycode it's not like you'll get the ultimate weapon with this method.
Just play, drop some keycodes during event (while doing you contracts for example) and from time to time bought a lockbox, that's all. Nobody force you to use scrip/salvage to buy keycode and futhermore nobody force you to buy lockbox.

Because its a pointless, unnecessary change that's detrimental to the game. They're trying to drive lockbox sames with bits with this nerf, and its pretty transparent.

Just means I get a lockbox with codes every other day instead of once/twice a day. I'll still not buy one with real money.

There may be crap in them, but they're fun to get when you do a couple of incursions. /shrug.

OrpheusXI
08-05-2014, 02:57 PM
Yeah, I only got 700k scrip and 600k salavage left, I mean...if you wanted 64 keys that's over 600k salvage and 300k scrip for one tier 4 box? o.o''

RobDaCool
08-05-2014, 02:58 PM
Did they actually add anything good with this patch?

iLLLinest
08-05-2014, 02:59 PM
I haven't used salvage for keycodes in months. It was way too expensive already.

duction
08-05-2014, 02:59 PM
the trick they are pulling is what most stores do, put it in for a day or two at EXTREME price and then reduce it by half to settle the dust with the players, they get the hike still and less people moan.

expect a drop in price in the following patches.

drackiller
08-05-2014, 03:00 PM
Shut up you bunch of whiners, those prices are cheap...

Whiners and negativist bunch, open your wallets and support Trion, the "company" deserves it.

LOL

Vash Arrok
08-05-2014, 03:00 PM
Sorry what am I missing here, you kept 10 million salvage for the extra life event? (What do you do with it?)

Last year was a charity event called extra life. The trion folks paid out coin for every lockbox bought and gave it to the charity. The salavage and script done nothing more than buy keycodes. The more boxes bought the more the charity got. I seen nothing that I wanted to get over this year so decided to plan ahead for the event. I'll still spend all my script and salvage when it comes, only my contibution is now 10 times less. In the end thats probably what Im most annoyed about. Hoohum same old, same old.

I may have that all wrong and they only paid out for real cash bought boxes but I certainly never got that impression at the time, nor seen anything over the year to suggest otherwise.

Alastar
08-05-2014, 03:01 PM
And the resale value of what's in the box is what 2k scrip or 3k salvage? HAHAHA

Giren
08-05-2014, 03:01 PM
come on this is not surprising. They are doing everything they can to milk as much money from us before the sept-nov rush hits. You saw how few players were on during the destiny beta. You can expect that again when the full game comes out. Then you got all these AAA titles coming out in October and November. They are just trying to get as much cash as possible now.

Vash Arrok
08-05-2014, 03:02 PM
the trick they are pulling is what most stores do, put it in for a day or two at EXTREME price and then reduce it by half to settle the dust with the players, they get the hike still and less people moan.

expect a drop in price in the following patches.

I hope so dude, your usually right about things.

N3gativeCr33p
08-05-2014, 03:04 PM

FWIW, I liked a new loading screen that I saw... before I was slapped with a critical.

ironcladtrash
08-05-2014, 03:08 PM
More complete BS. I bought a ton of keys to get boxes to try and get ark forge and if a miracle happens a decent weapon. They are cutting off our path to get ark forge.

Wait till we see how bad they nerfed the rewards for high scores too.

Overtkill21
08-05-2014, 03:08 PM
come on this is not surprising. They are doing everything they can to milk as much money from us before the sept-nov rush hits. You saw how few players were on during the destiny beta. You can expect that again when the full game comes out. Then you got all these AAA titles coming out in October and November. They are just trying to get as much cash as possible now.

It isn't taking AAA to take me away from Defiance these days - I've been playing Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn - and it's pretty sweet.

hiban
08-05-2014, 03:10 PM

And that's why they have also "rebalanced the rewards gained from score in events", i guess...

This is the logic from Trion:

Arkforge from the bit store is too expensive, so people don't buy it. They want us to purchase arkforge from the bit store, so they nerf arkforge from lockboxes.
What happens then?
-We stop buying lockboxes from the bit store.

Then they see we dont buy lockboxes anymore, so they nerf rarity upgrades, to see if negating the ability of upgrading weapons makes us buy lockboxes again with the hope of finding good weapons there.
What happens then?
-Lockboxes continue being trash and arkforge in the bit store continues being too expensive, so we continue without buying lockboxes or arkforge.

They see we dont buy lockboxes or arkforge, so then they increase the ingame price of keys and (probably) nerf the amout of arkforge and keys we get from events, to see if negating the ability of getting enough arkforge and keys makes us buy them from the bit store.

Do your bets, guys. What will happen now?

Will we buy lockboxes? No, because their content is mostly trash, so it's not worth the money.

Will we buy arkforge? No, because the inability to upgrade the rarity of a weapon has dropped the value of arkforge. So if it wasn't worth the money before, now it's even less worth the money.

Will we buy keys? No, because... what could we buy with keys? worthless lockboxes which contain trash weapons and near zero devalued arkforge? No, thanks. It's not worth the money, and it's not worth the time.

Overtkill21
08-05-2014, 03:15 PM
And that's why they have also "rebalanced the rewards gained from score in events", i guess...

Arkforge from the bit store is too expensive, so people don't buy it. They want us to purchase arkforge from the bit store, so they nerf arkforge from lockboxes.
What happens then?

Then they see we dont buy lockboxes anymore, so they nerf rarity upgrades, to see if negating the ability of upgrading weapons makes us buy lockboxes again with the hope of finding good weapons there.
What happens then?
-Lockboxes continue being trash and arkforge in the bit store continues being too expensive, so we continue without buying lockboxes or arkforge.

They see we dont buy lockboxes or arkforge, so then they increase the ingame price of keys and (probably) nerf the amout of arkforge and keys we get from events, to see if negating the ability of getting enough arkforge and keys makes us buy them from the bit store.

Will we buy lockboxes? No, because their content is mostly trash, so it's not worth the money.

Will we buy arkforge? No, because the inability to upgrade the rarity of a weapon has dropped the value of arkforge. So it's not worth the money.

Will we buy keys? No, because... what could we buy with keys? worthless lockboxes which contain trash weapons and near zero devalued arkforge? No, thanks. It's not worth the money, and it's not worth the time.

That is one fancy post...

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/121/291676407_a8fabca59e_z.jpg?zz=1

Here is another.

Mr DirtStar
08-05-2014, 03:17 PM

I think people are whinning because if you think about it Dark matters were the only way i was getting any decent orange for the past 5 months. Now you add on encryption thing ( which i agree with, it will bring back market ) and also every event being nerfed for rewards keycodes/ark forge. There trying to make it impossible to get anything now, i think thats why people are asking are they chasing us off. Every aspect in this game that i liked and enjoy since the beginning is now changed ... What do you thin

Bonehead
08-05-2014, 03:18 PM
I don't get it. Making the drop rates terrible is all fine and dandy, but the boxes still suck. What kind of turnip hybrid thinks that pissing every player off is going to drive people to the bit store to buy something that is still absolutely terrible?

That's a good question. A mystery really.

Bonehead
08-05-2014, 03:20 PM

Thanks for clearing that up for me Snake. In my little brain I read that as the price for 10 keycodes!
Wow! Just wow!

Kanah
08-05-2014, 03:22 PM
Trion really hates us. The game is a millstone around their neck. One last cash grab before they activate the "commercially unviable" get-out clause in their contract with SyFy.

Darien
08-05-2014, 03:28 PM

You can visit the burned-out husk of Trion's office.

It seems more prophetic than Easter egg at this point.

Shtako_Addict
08-05-2014, 03:38 PM
I have to say, as a relatively new player of Defiance... if this price change does come to be, it would be a real kick in the mouth. Looks like none will buy keys again if so ^^

Pandur
08-05-2014, 03:43 PM
Well I haven't spend scrip or salvage on keys in a while I just use it up once I hit max keys on a tier 4.
Just to get rid of the keys really, not like there's anything worthwhile in the box.

Still Trion logic is astounding.

Dandrielas
08-05-2014, 03:43 PM
You guys aren't joking are you.....

Iceberg
08-05-2014, 03:48 PM
It good to see that Trion is staying consistent.

RextintorZ
08-05-2014, 03:49 PM
I have over 2 million Ark Salvages and over 1 million Scrip, and this still looks overpriced as f***. Unless they are also going to improve the loot in lockboxes, I can only see this as a P2W thing.

Oh, and just you wait until they add a way to decrypt any equipment with a cash shop-only item. Just you wait...

IcecuebPAL
08-05-2014, 03:50 PM
Well this sucks. I rarely buy keys though. I am more bitter toward the nerfing of the amount you get from missions/Arkfals. Doing three or four Arkfalls was enough to max out my keys (starting from 0 to 50). I wonder how many more I will have to do now. I only bought keys if I was 1 or 2 keys away from 8 keys, so that I could buy tier 2.

Mr DirtStar
08-05-2014, 03:53 PM
Trions motto .. Working as intended

hiban
08-05-2014, 03:54 PM
Unless they are also going to improve the loot in lockboxes, I can only see this as a P2W thing.

The problem is that it's not even Pay-2-Win, it's PAY-2-LOSE!

Yeah it's crazy, isn't it?

http://www.picgifs.com/reaction-gifs/reaction-gifs/mind-blown/picgifs-mind-blown-774951.gif

Jet1337
08-05-2014, 03:55 PM
I've got almost 500k ark salvage. Who wants to buy some?

Alastar
08-05-2014, 03:56 PM
Gotta stay positive wraith! :confused: Lol sorry, couldn't resist :p

Big Jack Shepard
08-05-2014, 03:57 PM
The problem is that it's not even Pay-2-Win, it's PAY-2-LOSE!

Yeah it's crazy, isn't it?

http://www.picgifs.com/reaction-gifs/reaction-gifs/mind-blown/picgifs-mind-blown-774951.gif

YAY! I love to lose to a space monkey.

Wraither
08-05-2014, 03:58 PM
I'm trying to stay positive, I really, really am... but... I just can't even...

Dandrielas
08-05-2014, 03:59 PM

There are some situations where anger and WTH are justified.

Bonehead
08-05-2014, 04:01 PM

It's okay man...

We've all been there.

Iceberg
08-05-2014, 04:03 PM
It's okay man...

We've all been there.

Some are there right now! Stranded, searching for a kind person to come by and lend a helping hand. Its pouring down rain however, and cars are just speeding by and splashing them in the face over and over.

Dandrielas
08-05-2014, 04:05 PM
Some are there right now! Stranded, searching for a kind person to come by and lend a helping hand. Its pouring down rain however, and cars are just speeding by and splashing them in the face over and over.

You then proceed to use an evil laugh against them while pointing a finger. :)

Stubin
08-05-2014, 04:09 PM
lol I thought this was a joke until I read the patch notes.

They can't be serious can they? I mean... that is a huge price increase for utter crap. I'm not going to use real money to buy a lockbox that gives me 4 blues and a purple grenade I dont need. Im not going to spend that much currency to get that one to 10 keys I need to buy an in game lockbox.

Does Trion know what they are doing? They should try to study other games F2P model to get something that works. This will not. Its just over priced for its actual value.

Expect less in game currency being spent and less real life money spent with this patch.

Superfluous
08-05-2014, 04:11 PM
So, wait... what do we have to spend ark salvage on now? It was almost worth spending some of my scrip before to top off my keys and buy a lockbox. I didn't like running around with 61 keys, so I would buy 3 to get enough for the lockbox so that I didn't hit cap.

At that price, I'll never buy another key, I'd rather lose some than spend that much scrip. All of my weapons drop with 4 mod slots. What does that leave? I have over 5 mil salvage right now, and absolutely nothing to spend it on, ever.

I downloaded Firefall the other day, but still liked the feel of Defiance better, so I have been coming back every day. I guess I'll just uninstall now. This game is going downhill so fast, I've lost all hope of waiting around to see how it works out. Glad they started the slide before I wasted $40 on the DLC.

They've trashed this game so badly, I think I'm going to pass on Archeage even though I've been waiting for release for over a year.

Bentu
08-05-2014, 04:13 PM
O4hZT6XCCp8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4hZT6XCCp8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

XPac
08-05-2014, 04:17 PM
I find the price hike a bit steep. That said, I never bought keys to begin with since they seemed easy enough to get from just playing the game.

Pandur
08-05-2014, 04:19 PM
They seemed easy enough to get from just playing the game.

Umm it says they're gonna adjust the drop rate of keys in events too, so yeah that part is probably gonna pretty much go away too.

Superfluous
08-05-2014, 04:21 PM
To balance the accrual rate of Keycodes, we have increased the purchase cost of Keycodes on Lock Box Merchants, rebalanced the rewards gained from score in events, and updated equipment drop rates from enemies.

Do you really think they "rebalanced" them in our favor ?

ConcreteSnake
08-05-2014, 04:22 PM
Lets not forget that the boxes themselves cost enough scrip that you lose money when you get 4 blues and sell them back to the vendor. Probably be back to 5 keys per major arkfall and no arkforge.

Iceberg
08-05-2014, 04:22 PM
To balance the accrual rate of Keycodes, we have increased the purchase cost of Keycodes on Lock Box Merchants, rebalanced the rewards gained from score in events, and updated equipment drop rates from enemies.

Which is dev speak for nerf.

Durva360
08-05-2014, 04:23 PM
lol ****ty change after ****ty change. Oh well I will hold onto my 1.7mil ark salvage and do something with it

Pandur

Do you really think they "rebalanced" them in our favor ?

Of course they did, they upped the score needed per key.

Mr DirtStar
Lets not forget that the boxes themselves cost enough scrip that you lose money when you get 4 blues and sell them back to the vendor. Probably be back to 5 keys per major arkfall and no arkforge.

OH god ! i remember those days tagging every minor ark fall then going to the major ...

Wraither
08-05-2014, 04:26 PM
Watches in awe and shock as everyone's wallets tighten up like a frightened crabs cloaca

Ruinne
08-05-2014, 04:26 PM
Watches in awe and shock as everyone's wallets tighten up like a frightened crabs cloaca

What a fantastic visual.

Three Dog
08-05-2014, 04:28 PM
With all the recent changes and now this, it looks like trion is trying to run off the existing playerbase and count on all new steam accounts to invest money that don`t know any better. It will bite them in the *** soon enough though.

Big Jack Shepard
08-05-2014, 04:29 PM
Watches in awe and shock as everyone's wallets tighten up like a frightened crabs cloacaThere used to be a punk band in my city named "Cloaca". I think of them whenever I see the word. :)

Alastar
I said it earlier, my wallets getting tighter than Mr. Burns' at a charity event. ;)

ConcreteSnake

or a dolphins butthole.....water tight

jackdaws_1999
08-05-2014, 04:33 PM
So let me get this right, if I have 0 keys and want to buy keycodes in order to buy a teir 4, I have to spend:

640k Arksalvage and 320k Script + the price of the Tier 4 lock box.

If I wish to buy an epic mod hoard it will cost:

750k Arksalvage and 375k script + the price of an epic Mod Hoard...

Since I use this to adjust the prices of OJs, and since it takes around 50 t4s to get an OJ, that means that an OJ weapon now costs 16 Million in script.

Since T4s are hard to comeby, and since it takes around 30 epic mod hoards to get that one mod you are looking for, and since it takes 4 of those to mod a gun, lets say it takes 90 epic mod hoards to get the 4 mods your after, to fully mod an OJ with t4s will cost 33.75 Million to mod the gun.

So for a gun, not the right gun, but a legendary gun fully modded with t4s its gonna cost 49.75 million script aproximately... That means that they are indeed planning a return of the Legendary Lockbox of Craptastic Quality Awesomesauce Uselessness for the Legendary Price of 75 bucks, a reduction of 25 bucks.... arent they generous....

Oh and they will have made sure that its One Box per purchase, not like it used to be of One Per character... just incase someone decided that they wanted to farm them with new toons...

Oh and your still not getting the right type of mods or the right synergy for that legendary BMG that you will invariably pull.

Then again, maybe they really do want to shut the servers down...

Oh, and the cost of getting arkforge from lockboxes just went up to the stupid farm, so if you want that mastery bonus you always wanted, tough.

For all those who do not play Every Day, All Day, you are about to get shafted royally. Yes you can farm for years to get the possibility of pulling one half decent gun, but it would be so much cheaper (on your electricity and internet bill) to simply BUY a legendary gun...

and they say this game isnt pay to win.

Iceberg
08-05-2014, 04:34 PM
or a dolphins butthole.....water tight

watch?v=nYb42fv8pMU

hardy83
08-05-2014, 04:35 PM
People would enjoy this game so much more if you just stopped bothering with lockboxes all together and just used the blue and epic weapons you can buy from vendors. lol

That the stupid and ever changing "chase" out of this game and it's actually pretty fun to just drop in and shot stuff....That's assuming you are able to play long enough without being disconnected doing anything remotely fun.
If you get D/Cd all the time...Well....DLC for DC Universe is on sale at Steam right now. lol

Seriously, stop caring about this game and it becomes more fun. When it's playable. :P

Pandur
08-05-2014, 04:37 PM
So let me get this right, if I have 0 keys and want to buy keycodes in order to buy a teir 4, I have to spend:

If you put it this way, it's black tuesday for the defiance economy.

DEATHBRINGER210
08-05-2014, 04:38 PM
dam didnt even get a steak and lobster dinner

Dandrielas
08-05-2014, 04:39 PM
It's there. You just have to pay for it after.

Ruinne
dam didnt even get a steak and lobster dinner

Not even a kiss.

ConcreteSnake

Since I use this to adjust the prices of OJs, and since it takes around 50 t4s to get an OJ, that means that an OJ weapon now costs 16 Million in script.

Since T4s are hard to comeby, and since it takes around 30 epic mod hoards to get that one mod you are looking for, and since it takes 4 of those to mod a gun, lets say it takes 90 epic mod hoards to get the 4 mods your after, to fully mod an OJ with t4s will cost 33.75 Million to mod the gun.

So for a gun, not the right gun, but a legendary gun fully modded with t4s its gonna cost 49.75 million script aproximately... That means that they are indeed planning a return of the Legendary Lockbox of Craptastic Quality Awesomesauce Uselessness for the Legendary Price of 75 bucks, a reduction of 25 bucks.... arent they generous....

Oh and they will have made sure that its One Box per purchase, not like it used to be of One Per character... just incase someone decided that they wanted to farm them with new toons...

Oh and your still not getting the right type of mods or the right synergy for that legendary BMG that you will invariably pull.

Then again, maybe they really do want to shut the servers down...

Oh, and the cost of getting arkforge from lockboxes just went up to the stupid farm, so if you want that mastery bonus you always wanted, tough.

For all those who do not play Every Day, All Day, you are about to get shafted royally. Yes you can farm for years to get the possibility of pulling one half decent gun, but it would be so much cheaper (on your electricity and internet bill) to simply BUY a legendary gun...

and they say this game isnt pay to win.

so they made the raid boss for casuals who are on a time crunch, then make getting any currency or item only for the hardcore? I think they did that backwards.

cost is 300k+ for a box with 4 blues that net you about 2k to the vendor?

Squirrel
08-05-2014, 04:41 PM
They are trying to encourage people to play the events, ya know the incursions, arkfalls, seiges and the like. You get crazy keys from that stuff.

PeepSquasher
08-05-2014, 04:42 PM
Well all I got to say about this is I will surely never buy another game that they produce. If I see Trion's name on it .. I will pass no matter how good the game looks. They have been " rebalancing " everything in their favor to try and force players to do what they want which is spend real money on the same garbage you get most of the time out of Tier boxes.

Big Jack Shepard
08-05-2014, 04:43 PM
They are trying to encourage people to play the events, ya know the incursions, arkfalls, seiges and the like. You get crazy keys from that stuff.What do you think we have been doing instead of those things?

jackdaws_1999
08-05-2014, 04:48 PM
They are trying to encourage people to play the events, ya know the incursions, arkfalls, seiges and the like. You get crazy keys from that stuff.

Not anymore you dont :)

Read the patch notes. They are "adjusting" the keycode drop rate for score... read adjusting as Nerfing to obscurity.

Oh and ConcreteSnake, Trion never said that the decisions they make are for the good of any community within defiance, its all about the Mojojojo.

I didnt used to think that they wanted to kill this game. Now Im Convinced of it. I now sit here reading the forums with a tinfoil hat, blacked out windows, I check my plug sockets for bugs, believe that all advertising is an attempt to dull our brains ready for the invasion, that Trick Dempsey is really satan, and that all medication is really just mindcontrol robots... not really, I dont check my plug sockets for bugs... they are too clever for that...

mr8liner
08-05-2014, 04:50 PM
If this is what it is going to be like after this patch is done.. there is only one thing that we might be able to do.

I think we all need to boycott the game for a few days or even weeks.

Every change that they have done over the last few months are ( were ) the only things keeping me playing.

This just might be the straw that broke the camels back

Tinjor
08-05-2014, 04:51 PM
the 10k and 5k for keys has been like that for about 2 months on the pc so i am use to it

Dandrielas
08-05-2014, 04:52 PM
the 10k and 5k for keys has been like that for about 2 months on the pc so i am use to it

Not keys. Key.

hardy83
08-05-2014, 04:52 PM
What do you think we have been doing instead of those things?

Well I don't know about everyone else, but I can only play the disconnection event. Every other event automatically warps me to the disconnection event.
I guess they think it's a fun event to do? I mean it does get me to load up other games with stable servers, so I guess it is. lol

Dandrielas
08-05-2014, 04:53 PM
Well I don't know about everyone else, but I can only play the disconnection event. Every other event automatically warps me to the disconnection event.
I guess they think it's a fun event to do? I mean it does get me to load up other games with stable servers, so I guess it is. lol

I love that event.

SilverWF
08-05-2014, 04:55 PM
Before, all I've bought was t2 lockboxes - basically a way more items to choose from.
I have 75 keys max (base 50 + 25 from Recruit pack), so 75/8~=9 boxes * 2 = 18 items from green to gold rarity
If some items are good for me - I'll start upgrade it (I have a lot of arkforge keys, thanks to Season Pass). But most of the times it was trash to salvage. Add here drop and rewards too.
And I never sell items - only salvage. So I have now 5 mil ark salvage, but only 800k scrips...

Sometimes I've bought keys for resources and two times - for bits, thanks to genius placed this buttons so close...

But after this changes I think I'll not buy keys for resources and sure not for bits. My EGO 3800 now, I still didn't have a weapon set of my dream (VBI AR Bio/Stalker, FRC Quick Repeater Bio/Assassin, VOT Needler Bio/Rollin Thunder) even of green quality, so I dunno what I'll do after update...

Ruinne
08-05-2014, 04:58 PM
I love that event.

The disconnect event is how I got three more colony modules on Duna!

Deunan
08-05-2014, 05:00 PM
No it isn't. While I'm not defending their decisions, players need to understand what is actually going on that drives these marketing and development decisions. Regardless of what many think, most of us are not and have never been the target demographic for selling Bit Store items.

There does, in fact, exist a player demographic for this game, just as it does for every game with a micro transaction store that, for whatever reason, not only spends money on Bit Store items that we feel aren't even remotely worth the money, but spends it in amounts that vastly exceed what we would spend even if we did deem the items worth it.

~$40 gets you 8 Tier 4 lock boxes with very little chance of getting a Legendary item and even less chance that it will have all good or at least useful stats. ~$40 also can get you 1000 Arkforge which guarantees an upgrade of a good Blue to a potentially good Orange item along with the ability to upgrade it for the next 600 EGO levels. It was pretty much a no brainer for these players to switch their buying patterns which resulted in a drop in lock box sales and a net loss in bit store revenue because they were reaching their same objectives better and cheaper by buying Arkforge. (they would have had to have spent as much as four times or more the money on lock boxes to even approach the results they were getting with Arkforge and rarity upgrades).

Encryption is being implemented to drive these players back to their old spending patterns and every development decision that impedes in game progression is based on influencing these players' spending decisions not ours. This is simply how many game developers think and act in today's gaming industry and especially with free-to-play business models. There are more and more panels at events like GDC that host speakers that discuss how to best monetize these players instead of the rest of us, and don't even try to hide the lack of basic human respect that they have for the player community in general and these players in particular as they refer to them with the extremely dehumanizing nomenclature as "whales".

There's really not a lot you can do to influence their actions, and it's extremely unlikely that you'll do it by closing up your wallet, which had very limited value to them in the first place. The most powerful thing you can do is to vote with your feet so to speak and simply stop playing the game, but when it doesn't cost you anything more than your time, some bandwidth and some electricity things have to get pretty awful before a player is willing to do that so the thing you need to ask yourself is is it bad enough for you yet to do just that? (Some of us have already made that decision and simply post and read on the forums to see if the game changes direction enough to invest the time to play it again.) If it is and enough players make that decision, a company may change direction regarding development decisions but the window of opportunity to do so is finite before the shutdown of the game becomes inevitable.

Free-to-play is Defiance's last chance. There is nothing for the game if they implode this market the way they did with the buy-to-play market, but that implosion will come if they continue to move in a direction where it's becoming painfully obvious that major development decisions are being entirely driven by the motivation to increase micro transaction revenues from "whales".

Iceberg
08-05-2014, 05:05 PM
I shall call it, Key code gate.

bluestyle
08-05-2014, 05:06 PM
I'm still new to this game, played for about 1 week with almost 1k EGO level.. May I ask what is the big fuss about the price change? The Ark events with Dark Matter Monolith, Hellbug Hellion, Hellbug Matron that seem to be on the map few minutes after the previous one ended, gives pretty good amount of Key codes..

jackdaws_1999
08-05-2014, 05:06 PM
Before, all I've bought was t2 lockboxes - basically a way more items to choose from.
I have 75 keys max (base 50 + 25 from Recruit pack), so 75/8~=9 boxes * 2 = 18 items from green to gold rarity
If some items are good for me - I'll start upgrade it (I have a lot of arkforge keys, thanks to Season Pass). But most of the times it was trash to salvage. Add here drop and rewards too.
And I never sell items - only salvage. So I have now 5 mil ark salvage, but only 800k scrips...

Sometimes I've bought keys for resources and two times - for bits, thanks to genius placed this buttons so close...

But after this changes I think I'll not buy keys for resources and sure not for bits. My EGO 3800 now, I still didn't have a weapon set of my dream (VBI AR Bio/Stalker, FRC Quick Repeater Bio/Assassin, VOT Needler Bio/Rollin Thunder) even of green quality, so I dunno what I'll do after update...

You do know you cant take white, green, or blue to orange with this update as well right? You will have to wait to see if you get the perfect Purple (thats not encrypted when you pick it up) to take it to OJ in the attempt to get a good OJ.

Iceberg
08-05-2014, 05:07 PM
I'm still new to this game, played for about 1 week with almost 1k EGO level.. May I ask what is the big fuss about the price change? The Ark events with Dark Matter Monolith, Hellbug Hellion, Hellbug Matron that seem to be on the map few minutes after the previous one ended, gives pretty good amount of Key codes..

Not any more, they have "Balanced" rewards from those events now. This means they took away or nerfed them.

Big Jack Shepard
08-05-2014, 05:08 PM
I've been wondering for a couple of weeks now about how many whales are supporting defiance. I know percentage wise they are a very small number, but I'd love to know how many people fit into the whale category. A dozen? A hundred?

SilverWF
08-05-2014, 05:10 PM
~$40 gets you 8 Tier 4 lock boxes with very little chance of getting a Legendary item and even less chance that it will have all good or at least useful stats. ~$40 also can get you 1000 Arkforge which guarantees an upgrade of a good Blue to a potentially good Orange item
Yes, you are right.
But I think the number of players who will gambling with lockboxes is way lesser than number of just arkforge buyers....

Doforcash
08-05-2014, 05:10 PM
ok...so hai guy
i'm a new player just star playing a week ago, and in my opinion buying each key for 1k is seem like a sweet deal...and when the sever got offline in (today) August 6th 2014. i found this threat and it disturb me.

What were the key use to be ?

SilverWF
08-05-2014, 05:11 PM
You do know you cant take white, green, or blue to orange with this update as well right? You will have to wait to see if you get the perfect Purple (thats not encrypted when you pick it up) to take it to OJ in the attempt to get a good OJ.
Yes, I know - that's why I'm in bad mood now...

Liquidacid
08-05-2014, 05:14 PM
meh I get I get so many keycodes with such little effort so I never even had a reason to buy them....If I did even at the new prices it doesn't matter because I have so much salvage coming in it's literally pouring out my ***

gold rarity

there is no gold rarity in this game... you may be color blind...

bluestyle
08-05-2014, 05:15 PM
Not any more, they have "Balanced" rewards from those events now. This means they took away or nerfed them.
Edit: Ah yeah I see it now.. does not say how they rebalanced it

Iceberg
08-05-2014, 05:15 PM
Do you mean with this update? Cause even today I was getting hefty amounts of key codes by the end of those events

Yes this update. It's in the patch notes. Once the servers come back online "soon" we will see what changes they made to it.

jackdaws_1999
08-05-2014, 05:17 PM
Yes, I know - that's why I'm in bad mood now...

Sorry to remind you :(

But dont worry, Trick Dempsey has made sure that there is alot of new shiney things to look at while your angry... Look at the shiney spinney disc... its so shiney... Ignore the bugs... the bugs do not exist... You enjoy Disconnects... Disconnects are your friend... Bugs and glitches are the sign of a weak mind... You dont have a weak mind do you? No, so ignore the bugs.

SilverWF
08-05-2014, 05:18 PM
there is no gold rarity in this game... you may be color blind...

Basically, color blindness affects only blue and red colors...

Yellow, Orange, Gold - call it whatever you want. For me, tier after Purple is Gold.

Iceberg
08-05-2014, 05:19 PM

Yellow, Orange, Gold - call it whatever you want. For me, tier after Purple is Gold.

I just see legendary ;)

sirreal420
08-05-2014, 05:20 PM
don't you get it ppl if the game fails and goes offline, they get to keep all the money and not have to spend it on "updating" the game....

Iceberg
08-05-2014, 05:22 PM
Edit: Ah yeah I see it now.. does not say how they rebalanced it

Right, usually that is dev speak for nerf. As I said, once we can get in and see for ourselves what was changed, we can only guess at this point in time.

Bentu
08-05-2014, 05:23 PM
don't you get it ppl if the game fails and goes offline, they get to keep all the money and not have to spend it on "updating" the game....

Past caring at this point.

Liquidacid
08-05-2014, 05:24 PM

no it doesn't and the correct answer is Orange all other color answers are wrong...

Wrathchilde

What happens then?

What happens then?

Will we buy arkforge? No, because the inability to upgrade the rarity of a weapon has dropped the value of arkforge. So if it wasn't worth the money before, now it's even less worth the money.

/Thread.

Really, this says it all.

Iceberg
Past caring at this point.

http://www.cartoonito.co.uk/sites/www.cartoonito.co.uk/files/imagecache/Image-Character-280-280/care-bears-grumpy-bear.jpg

SilverWF
08-05-2014, 05:26 PM
But dont worry, Trick Dempsey has made sure that there is alot of new shiney things to look at while your angry... Look at the shiney spinney disc... its so shiney... Ignore the bugs... the bugs do not exist... You enjoy Disconnects... Disconnects are your friend... Bugs and glitches are the sign of a weak mind... You dont have a weak mind do you? No, so ignore the bugs.

This may help
http://lovejusta.ru/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/196.gif
:D

praxis32
08-05-2014, 05:31 PM
To show how little I bought them. What was the original cost?

SilverWF
08-05-2014, 05:35 PM
no it doesn't and the correct answer is Orange all other color answers are wrong...

https://www.discinsights.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/homer-simpson.gif

SilverWF
08-05-2014, 05:35 PM
To show how little I bought them. What was the original cost?
10 times lesser

Barghaest
08-05-2014, 05:48 PM
I haven't been impressed with lockbox loot, I just saw it as extra loot I got after my keycodes accumulated. Adjusting the price has no effect on me at all.

And I don't get all these people who talk about being low on salvage. I've been adding extra mod slots to almost every rare or higher weapon I get so I can stick at least generic mods in it (if not synergy ones) and I've STILL got over 2 million salvage (pretty sure I'd be near 5 mill if I'd just stockpiled).

Also, the encryption has no real effect on me because the Rating increase wasn't impressing me anyway (boosted an LMGs rating 400 or so because I really liked the purple gun but then I realized blue ones that were dropping did double the damage - despite me keeping the rating up to my level - so the rating boost wasn't doing the job I had hoped) and I found Arkforges rather useless after that... even if I could make any weapon Legendary, I'd still outlevel it eventually.

Bentu
08-05-2014, 05:55 PM
http://www.cartoonito.co.uk/sites/www.cartoonito.co.uk/files/imagecache/Image-Character-280-280/care-bears-grumpy-bear.jpg

I didn't know how to take this and thought it might be a prelude to it turning into one of those pony threads but it put a smile on my face and with that it's definitely bed time. :cool:

Ruinne
08-05-2014, 05:57 PM
I haven't been impressed with lockbox loot, I just saw it as extra loot I got after my keycodes accumulated. Adjusting the price has no effect on me at all.

And I don't get all these people who talk about being low on salvage. I've been adding extra mod slots to almost every rare or higher weapon I get so I can stick at least generic mods in it (if not synergy ones) and I've STILL got over 2 million salvage (pretty sure I'd be near 5 mill if I'd just stockpiled).

Also, the encryption has no real effect on me because the Rating increase wasn't impressing me anyway (boosted an LMGs rating 400 or so because I really liked the purple gun but then I realized blue ones that were dropping did double the damage - despite me keeping the rating up to my level - so the rating boost wasn't doing the job I had hoped) and I found Arkforges rather useless after that... even if I could make any weapon Legendary, I'd still outlevel it eventually.

These changes are going to make the level scaling a giant PITA when it comes to gear. If upgrades barely drop and you can't get AF to level your weapons. Almost no chance to get it from ridiculously expensive luck-boxes...

...And then it all made sense...

I hadn't given Trion enough credit.

Iceberg
08-05-2014, 06:15 PM
I didn't know how to take this and thought it might be a prelude to it turning into one of those pony threads but it put a smile on my face and with that it's definitely bed time. :cool:

Well, I was going with the Care theme and figured grumpy bear was best suited for your post. :P

rev
08-05-2014, 06:20 PM
So I get that all of you are butt-hurt about a price hike (though I don't know where the number came from) I wanted to ask a simple question...

Who buys keycodes? I get 60 plus per day anyway without really trying even. And even if I did want to buy them scrip and ark salvage aren't that hard to come by either at a higher EGO level (with maxed out 20s across all weapons)

So what if they cost 10x more than they used to...don't buy them anyway...keycodes are just too east to earn.

jackdaws_1999
08-05-2014, 06:35 PM
So I get that all of you are butt-hurt about a price hike (though I don't know where the number came from) I wanted to ask a simple question...

Who buys keycodes? I get 60 plus per day anyway without really trying even. And even if I did want to buy them scrip and ark salvage aren't that hard to come by either at a higher EGO level (with maxed out 20s across all weapons)

So what if they cost 10x more than they used to...don't buy them anyway...keycodes are just too east to earn.

Firstly, the patch notes is where we got the numbers, secondly, keycodes WHERE too easy to earn... they have adjusted those... the way they adjusted the warmaster loot drops when they realised we were tearing the wm to hell and back... and the way they adjusted the drop rate for OJs at sieges...

if Trion say Adjustment... You should think Nerf. If Trion say Rebalancing, you should think Nerf. If Trion say Improved, you should think Nerf. If Trion so much as Touch an integral game machanic, think Nerf.

And before you ask why I think this? two reasons really:

1. Been playing since the Beta, and so Experience has taught me this.

2. Because Grenades. Because I am in the Minority (read Majority). Because I play the game to win, and so must be doing it all wrong.

I love the games concept, I love the social side to it, I even love the community (trolls included).... However I Hate the direction the creative lead is taking the game, I Hate the lackluster investment in the future of the game, I hate the Lackluster polish the game desurves, and I hate the Lie down and Die attitude of some of the community members with regards Game Breaking Changes... Then again, Im passionate about everything I partake in. I should learn to not expect the same passion from everyone else.... But I am passionate about the potential of humanity... even with the daily, nay hourly set backs I read about in the news and see out of my window...

I am the eternal Optimistic Pessimist.

Ruinne
08-05-2014, 06:59 PM

It stinks of a cheap cash in from transient players.

It's not a sign of great long-term thinking.

I don't blame the devs, I don't blame Trick. This kind of stuff comes from way beyond the lowly grasp of those who actually make games. It's comes from the insidious, corpulent ranks of the bean counters.

Companies that make money so they can make games are the ones that make great games.

Companies that make games so they can make money are the ones that don't.

jackdaws_1999
08-05-2014, 07:11 PM
It stinks of a cheap cash in from transient players.

It's not a sign of great long-term thinking.

I don't blame the devs, I don't blame Trick. This kind of stuff comes from way beyond the lowly grasp of those who actually make games. It's comes from the insidious, corpulent ranks of the bean counters.

Companies that make money so they can make games are the ones that make great games.

Companies that make games so they can make money are the ones that don't.

This ++++++++++

There is a third type, companies that dont make money from games, but continue to make the games for the sake of making great games.... Unfortunately for my wife, thats me....

<<<<<<Still hoping one of my games makes me some money to justify my gaming habit and/or spending on upgrades for my dev machines.

Deunan
08-05-2014, 07:15 PM
Firstly, the patch notes is where we got the numbers, secondly, keycodes WERE too easy to earn... they have adjusted those...
**Takes a laser gun and disintegrates the H and smooshes ERE into the W**

Anyway...You know in hindsight I'm trying to remember if there was actually some commodity that was introduced when the new scoring system was introduced with Gunslinger Trials that made key codes so much more plentiful than before and even after looking at the patch notes for 1.4 I can't think of anything. Before that we only got 5 key codes at most for Major Arkfalls except for Dark Matter Major Arkfalls where you could get 6 key codes. The Warmaster was also 6 key codes I think and Sieges were 4 key codes.

I want to say that there was something really important that you could spend key codes introduced with 1.4 but I can't recall anything. Can anyone else? I guess what I'm saying is that the 1000% increase is the more disturbing change of the two changes (and we don't know how severe the change is yet for event yields). One is retro the other is over the top..

Vash Arrok
08-05-2014, 08:44 PM
You nailed it Deunan, the hike is over the top and beyond reasonable.

IcecuebPAL
08-05-2014, 08:46 PM
Oh lawd. 10 keys = 100k salvage and 50k scrip.

I also completed an Ark and didn't get any Arkforge. Did they nerf the amount you get too?

Griffix8
08-05-2014, 08:49 PM
Oh lawd. 10 keys = 100k salvage and 50k scrip.

I also completed an Ark and didn't get any Arkforge. Did they nerf the amount you get too?
Yep................

IcecuebPAL
08-05-2014, 08:51 PM
Alright so they nerf'd the amount of forge and keys that you get from completing arks.

Damn.

Griffix8
08-05-2014, 08:52 PM
Alright so they nerf'd the amount of forge and keys that you get from completing arks.

Damn.
And how much you get plus the drop rate from lockboxes.

ConcreteSnake
08-05-2014, 08:53 PM
This reminds me of a time when they took the epic mod horde out of the paradise vendor. We asked for the horde back because we had nothing to spend our reputation on. So they gave us a mod box that cost 40 keys, 25k scrip, and 50 rep for 3 green mods of a random weapon type that I could buy from the vendors in matching synergy for 24k scrip. I assumed then it was to make T4 mods a little bit more rare (ar/smg/lmg) mods were already rare and the most sought after) in order to drive people to buy epic mod hordes from bit store. Also the time vehicles prices went from 15k to 45k. People complain about too much of one currency (scrip, salvage, rep) and need something to spend it on.....and they give us something alright.

Random Gamer
08-05-2014, 09:00 PM
Ill rather see a game getting shut down than trying to get our money before things go really bad. I was a happy Warhammer gamer until they brought the game down.

More and more game producers are taking advantage of gamers and the free to play system, full price at the start and later on crazy microtransaction and unfinished or bad DLC's.

With this, you all have rights, you have the right that when you buy a product , the product needs to work as intended. In this case the product isnt working as proposed and there is plenty of proof with Tickets, Recorded unsolved bugs sinds 2013 and so on.

If we all sign a petition, will it help?. If not we can grab a lawyer...

Vash Arrok
08-05-2014, 09:05 PM
Nope they botty romp you with the accept button at the start of the game. There is no way past it if you want to play the game and no come back cause you accepted. Its a shtako sandwich you gotta eat.

Deunan
08-05-2014, 09:31 PM
If we all sign a petition, will it help?. If not we can grab a lawyer...Any lawyer that is desperate enough and incompetent enough to agree to represent you for that would be a lawyer you want to avoid.

kenneh
08-05-2014, 09:54 PM
As an actual developer who's been in this kind of situation before (not the gaming industry tho) I'd like to please ask you not to blame this crap on developers but on the marketing/management team of gluttons that do "market studies" and come up with these kind of changes to try and keep the boat afloat.

This being said, it's sad...trying to force people to buy bits for gambling...shame on you, greedy Trion !

OrpheusXI
08-05-2014, 09:58 PM
As an actual developer who's been in this kind of situation before (not the gaming industry tho) I'd like to please ask you not to blame this crap on developers but on the marketing/management team of gluttons that do "market studies" and come up with these kind of changes to try and keep the boat afloat.

This being said, it's sad...trying to force people to buy bits for gambling...shame on you, greedy Trion !

It's not even that anymore, they nerfed everything for didn't make anything better and nothing new, why would anyone spend anymore money? it just make no sense and it seems like it should be an actual joke.

Loki8472
08-05-2014, 10:19 PM
One thing I am not seeing mentioned here nerf wise is the fact that they have dramatically altered the drop rates of weapons in general. Not only the rarity levels of the weapons that drop but also just the quantity overall. Think about how easy it was to fill up your inventory yesterday during an incursion or major event. Well I can tell you having spent an hour or more in game that those days are gone. The outside portion of the WM event was notorious for dropping many blues and sometimes purples with a decent sized group before. That is definitely not the case now. ---- Less weapons to sell, salvage, or upgrade rarity on. It just doesn't make any kind of sense to me. ----- Discuss

JadedSinn
08-05-2014, 10:58 PM
One thing I am not seeing mentioned here nerf wise is the fact that they have dramatically altered the drop rates of weapons in general. Not only the rarity levels of the weapons that drop but also just the quantity overall. Think about how easy it was to fill up your inventory yesterday during an incursion or major event. Well I can tell you having spent an hour or more in game that those days are gone. The outside portion of the WM event was notorious for dropping many blues and sometimes purples with a decent sized group before. That is definitely not the case now. ---- Less weapons to sell, salvage, or upgrade rarity on. It just doesn't make any kind of sense to me. ----- Discuss

strange befor i got crited out i was geting 20+ drops down ins SV doing the new incersion. all stalko items but still i managed to fill helf my invitory.

anyway/

with the new price hike trion drove me away from wanting to buy the last 3 DLCs yet for the 5th time in the past 3 mounths.

im not waisting a dime on this game due to the faild atempts to make people spend money in this game.

it dosent take much to bring down a game.
a little failed updates here. some bad desisions by the bean counters there. and suddenly the games diveing for as much cash as it can get befor the servers are permanitly shut down and the hamster is set free into the world to go make babys to run new serversw for new games.

at this point trion is trying to save the titanic from sinking and the hole is just geting bigger and more people are leaveing along with the rats,

i give the game till shortly after the end of season 2. if it last though the whinter. i will buy the last 3 DLCs and recant this statment. till the 1st of january 2015.

i beleave 100% that defiance will be shut down and this game will die. between now and the first of the new year. unless some changes are made withing the next few weeks.

0ii0
08-05-2014, 11:21 PM
100000 salvage and 50k scrip for just 10 keys congratulations Trion you have just in 1 update killed the game for me

Genuinely I had 50 ready to splash on the store for this update now you can go f^*kyo(=se#f

Deunan
08-05-2014, 11:43 PM
As an actual developer who's been in this kind of situation before (not the gaming industry tho) I'd like to please ask you not to blame this crap on developers but on the marketing/management team of gluttons that do "market studies" and come up with these kind of changes to try and keep the boat afloat.Any developer that is willing to go along with these kind of decisions is a sellout with no artistic integrity. Everything that happens in game development in the industry today is a collaborative effort among the producers, developers and the communications people. No one has clean hands when a development direction like this takes hold of a game.

DeadEye68
08-05-2014, 11:51 PM
Any developer that is willing to go along with these kind of decisions is a sellout with no artistic integrity.

Nope, pragmatists. Artistic integrity sells a lot less, not to mention it doesn't pay your bills.

shadowdread212
08-05-2014, 11:55 PM
That sucks the price hike I have never had a million scrip at one time it was fair the way it was. Those little blue dot need to get them on daily not weekly. Smarten up trion

aCeCookie
08-06-2014, 12:04 AM
F2P was bad for this game. I was farming keycodes for a chance at a charge blade, now I think I'll just buy the DLC instead.

For those not ingame I'll post the prices:

1 Keycode: 10k Arksalvage, 5k Scrip
5 Keycodes: 50k Arksalvage, 25k Scrip
10 Keycodes: 100k Arksalvage, 50K scrip

duction
08-06-2014, 12:07 AM
F2P was bad for this game. I was farming keycodes for a chance at a charge blade, now I think I'll just buy the DLc instead.

That's exactly what they want.

Chump Norris
08-06-2014, 12:13 AM
F2P was bad for this game. I was farming keycodes for a chance at a charge blade, now I think I'll just buy the DLC instead.

If you are on PS3 I will get you in to the arena. Its like duction said..

That's exactly what they want.

Random Gamer
08-06-2014, 01:17 AM
Any lawyer that is desperate enough and incompetent enough to agree to represent you for that would be a lawyer you want to avoid.

Would be a long procedure and in the eventuality a lawyer would be requested. Desperate and incompetent lawyers; it may be different around here, and I dont know how far your knowledge goes in the law system in this matter but we have a good system and good lawyers that protect people against many things. There have been already cases against game producers, and some have succeeded.

jackdaws_1999
08-06-2014, 02:29 AM
Before you play any game, you agree to the terms of service or licence agreement. Most companies now spend alot of money ensuring the tos are as water tight as they can get them.

If you can find a loophole that isnt covered in the TOS you can sue, however, some mean little lawyer type found that by adding the line "see our website for the Full terms of service" meant you could change the TOS on your site to cover any future lawsuits...

Basically, they can change everything to do with the game, what you brought might be a mmo thrid person rpg shooter, but there would be No recorse if they changed it to a single player first person skate game as long as the TOS were updated on their website.

There is a reason people in the UK call people TOS sers... and this isnt it... but it should be.

Johnny Gatt
08-06-2014, 02:41 AM
I wish this was a joke thread . 10 keys is going to cost 100,000 As and 50k scrip. 1 key is 10,000 as and 5k scrip. Loot drops have been reduced during my gameplay so breaking down extra items will not accumulate as much AS as before. Gotta buy boxes with bits.

jackdaws_1999
08-06-2014, 02:49 AM
Gotta buy boxes with bits.

Dont do it... Do Not Touch That Button... Put your mouse/controller Down... walk away from the bit store... Put your credit card in the freezer... You are encouraging the trolls! Stop it!

The only trolls here, is Trion... Dont feed the trolls. They are like witches, ignore them and they start pinching you and being generally annoying.. and before anyone says "surely you mean ignore them and they will go away", have you ever tried to ignore a witch? They really do start pinching and being annoying...

Now kindly, save your money, buy a new mouse mat if your on PC. Or save up and buy an arcade game if your on xbox or ps... either way, you are bound to get more enjoyment from that for your 5 bucks... even the mousemat would be better... at least a mousemat is semi useful.

razburry_
08-06-2014, 02:55 AM
This increase in price made it so much harder to get a good pull from a lockbox. I did 4 ark fall events and got a total of about 15 keycodes. In one of then i only got one key code. This is terrible.

InsidiousDemise
08-06-2014, 03:16 AM
100000 salvage and 50k scrip for just 10 keys congratulations Trion you have just in 1 update killed the game for me

I concur with this sentiment. This new update makes it REALLY hard to be free to play, not only did they make it hard to buy keys but they made it twice as hard to obtain them from events! I'd buy boxes with money if they weren't so over priced! Pls Trion take back your free expansion and give us back the old prices along with the viable way of earning keys.

This increase in price made it so much harder to get a good pull from a lockbox. I did 4 ark fall events and got a total of about 15 keycodes. In one of then i only got one key code. This is terrible.

Yeah, I think I along with my clan mates are probably going to quit in a few days time. I really enjoyed this game and even tolerated the constant lag/dcs, but at this point playing hours and hours just to get 24 keys is too arduous and inefficient and not fun at all.

Yrkul
08-06-2014, 03:30 AM
I wish this was a joke thread . 10 keys is going to cost 100,000 As and 50k scrip. 1 key is 10,000 as and 5k scrip. Loot drops have been reduced during my gameplay so breaking down extra items will not accumulate as much AS as before. Gotta buy boxes with bits.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-FBvz5lcAqS4/T9sQj0VB7KI/AAAAAAAAANU/uTO6b5JNwnE/s1600/week6.jpg

Vash Arrok
08-06-2014, 07:11 AM
Played about 30 mins last night and well that was enough. Silicon Valley was marred with the price hikes. Let's see what today brings.

Combo Breaker
08-06-2014, 07:14 AM
It's funny that we were unhappy, but lived with, the T2 and T3 box Arkforge nerf. We didn't see the whole picture at the time. Now it will take longer to buy that T4 that "might" have Arkforge in it.

I feel sorry for lower EGO players that are scrounging to level their items.

ConcreteSnake
08-06-2014, 07:22 AM
It's funny that we were unhappy, but lived with, the T2 and T3 box Arkforge nerf. We didn't see the whole picture at the time. Now it will take longer to buy that T4 that "might" have Arkforge in it.

I feel sorry for lower EGO players that are scrounging to level their items.

I've also noticed that when I do get arkforge in t4 boxes lately, its only 20 atkforge.....everytime. Have not received a 50 arkforge drop since that patch. I was ok with the lockbox Nerf, or at least I could love with it but this new move is appalling. I had a hard enough time maintaining 3 items on my low took before, so I can't even imagine how new/newer players will feel.

drackiller
08-06-2014, 07:59 AM
I`m done with this game, sad to say it but i`m done.

Just made 2 major hellbug arkfalls and in both i only got 4 and 5 keys and ZERO arkforge. On both i arrived later i did the killshot on both and now we only get around 20K for the killshot.

There is no way to get enough arkforge anymore just by playing.

I`m not saying goodbye, just saying that the game pretty much is dead for me.

Good job TRION on alienating most of your player base. And no, you can`t get my money.

Ruinne
08-06-2014, 08:05 AM
I`m done with this game, sad to say it but i`m done.

Just made 2 major hellbug arkfalls and in both i only got 4 and 5 keys and ZERO arkforge. On both i arrived later i did the killshot on both and now we only get around 20K for the killshot.

There is no way to get enough arkforge anymore just by playing.

I`m not saying goodbye, just saying that the game pretty much is dead for me.

Good job TRION on alienating most of your player base. And no, you can`t get my money.

Good riddance, I guess.

Good riddance to all of us, there's a new economy and they need to get rid of all the veteran players before it can be viable.

I feel thoroughly screwed.

Vash Arrok
08-06-2014, 08:49 PM
Today I played almost all the time in SV. Took the best part of 5hrs to get me a box and over 100 pickups. I spent all of no cash in the store. I used no salavage nor script on keys. I used no bits for any transactions. I did however sell absolutely everything in the vendors that I picked up as I went. Im about 150k up on script. I was asked if I had things for sale, however due to the long fulfilling path I now travel, prices are up since my time spent gathering is also up. So no sales to other players as I in all honesty would not pay the prices myself.

That aside, I stood shoulder to shoulder with my buddies and we shot everything that moved. Happy days, I now have a game thats just a shooter and nothing more. When life is this expensive, the little things mean so much more.

DIS
08-06-2014, 09:31 PM
Good riddance, I guess.

Good riddance to all of us, there's a new economy and they need to get rid of all the veteran players before it can be viable.

I feel thoroughly screwed.

Glad to see more people are seeing what's happening. I have been trying to tell people they are focused on "new money" not vets that have already spent most or all of what they will. We (vets) are not producing anymore milk, so it's time to put us out to pasture and start squeezing the new players.

08-07-2014, 12:31 AM
We (vets) are not producing anymore milk, so it's time to put us out to pasture and start squeezing the new players.

You know there are games that "milk" both succesfully without all the drama, right?

DIS
08-07-2014, 02:56 PM
You know there are games that "milk" both succesfully without all the drama, right?

Yes, I am. I did not say Trion was doing it right, they're obviously not. There are game companies that care about ALL of their customers. Trion is not one of them.

Dukhat
08-07-2014, 06:21 PM
This is incredible. Of course leave it to MMOs to make everyone buy from the shops.
By increasing prices of things you can buy in-game without using real money....

I loved the game, it's ruined now.

Coyote Clive
08-07-2014, 08:58 PM
I wish they'd a told me about the 5X price increase before I blew ALL my AR on one T4 lock box with 4 blue junk weapons. To be fair I should have looked at the price instead of trusting Trion to keep it the same. I just did my usual point and click and then i was broke.

Working as intended eh Trion?

08-08-2014, 12:12 AM
I wish they'd a told me about the 5X price increase before I blew ALL my AR on one T4 lock box with 4 blue junk weapons.

Making all rewards shtako was apparently not important enough to communicate to us.

They were too busy with other stuff.

duction
08-08-2014, 12:14 AM
I really did see this coming.

08-08-2014, 03:18 AM
I really did see this coming.

With what possible outcome?

Vash Arrok
08-08-2014, 06:03 AM
At the time I post this the topic stating that the Evangle has way too much health, 999 views and 28 folks posting, is all but heading down the dusty corridor of oblivion. The fix is in and a few folks will no doubt be happy.

This post has way more views which clearly shows folks are interested in whats going on with the pricing on keycodes. It has way more posts clearly stating folks are upset with the price hike. My point? Who gives a schtako? Certainly not any of you lot at Trion offices.

Guys get real and fix this mess you created with the keycodes. I connot believe you even went and done the health nerf on the evangel over something as game destroying as your price hike. Its beyond reasonable and your lack of input into this topic speaks volumes. Not in a positive way either!

N3gativeCr33p
08-08-2014, 06:08 AM
Its beyond reasonable and your lack of input into this topic speaks volumes.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r67/N3gativeCr33p/ChuckNorrisApproves_zps51843b53.gif

konstantinov
08-08-2014, 06:09 AM
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r67/N3gativeCr33p/ChuckNorrisApproves_zps51843b53.gif

https://mytrainerchris.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/fat-trainer.jpg

Vash Arrok
08-08-2014, 06:11 AM
lol I fixed my typo's after seeing your snip, cheers. :p

Amack
08-08-2014, 06:24 AM
https://mytrainerchris.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/fat-trainer.jpg

You promised you would never post that picture of me online!!!

Konstantinov 3 days ago!!!

http://i62.tinypic.com/2hod8qt.jpg

konstantinov
08-08-2014, 06:26 AM
You promised you would never post that picture of me online!!!

Konstantinov 3 days ago!!!

http://i62.tinypic.com/2hod8qt.jpg

Sorry about that I totally forgot. That's actually an old picture of me, I'm much bigger now. Between the 50 hardees thickburgers and the 25 4lb milkshakes each day you'll never be half the man I am.

Dukhat
08-08-2014, 09:30 AM
The game is dead for me now, I am sad I bought the game & liked it ..

08-08-2014, 12:29 PM
This post has way more views which clearly shows folks are interested in whats going on with the pricing on keycodes. It has way more posts clearly stating folks are upset with the price hike.

I think they feel the quality and reward nerf is directly linked to cash shop and HP fix is not.

08-08-2014, 02:05 PM
Including less trash lootin general and more value for high tier lockboxes. (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?170929-An-update-on-the-recent-reward-changes)

Welcome to The Grind. But preferably the cash shop. That's why were changing everything.

Happyfeet
08-10-2014, 04:41 AM
Including less trash lootin general and more value for high tier lockboxes. (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?170929-An-update-on-the-recent-reward-changes)

Welcome to The Grind. But preferably the cash shop. That's why were changing everything.

So that means things will get back to normal, right?

SilverWF
08-10-2014, 04:55 AM
So that means things will get back to normal, right?

not.
that means they are planning to add something cool to the big event rewards and hight tier lockboxes.
But WHAT and WHEN - nobody knows.

08-12-2014, 05:53 AM
that means they are planning to add something cool to the big event rewards and hight tier lockboxes.

And nerf some more while theyre at it. Because grenades..

JoshuaIsHere
08-12-2014, 06:37 AM
And nerf some more while theyre at it. Because grenades..

So we get more arkforge in T2 and T3 now?

Ruinne
08-12-2014, 06:38 AM
So we get more arkforge in T2 and T3 now?

Exactly, except replace the word "more" with the word "less".

The chance at 50 arkforge is being removed in favour of 20 from the T2s.

08-12-2014, 11:12 PM

It wont help them sell more lockboxes or Arkforge. But I guess they have to learn the hard way.

JoshuaIsHere
08-13-2014, 10:54 AM

Hm, that doesnt sound like an improvement. OK, thank you for the reply :)

08-14-2014, 12:20 AM
Hm, that doesnt sound like an improvement. OK, thank you for the reply :)

With increased price for keycodes and lower amount of keycodes you get ingame, it makes arkforge even less available. Which basically shouts "Go Bitshop!".

But hey, you don't NEED to go Bitshop. Just grind like a Korean pro to get somewhere nowadays. I wonder what else Tryin has in store for us?

Dukhat
08-14-2014, 12:55 AM
Yep, TRION screwed themselves.

08-14-2014, 04:01 AM
Yep, TRION screwed themselves.

I am not sure they care enough to feel that they screwed themselves. They'll probably blame it on the community that doesn't understand. The new changes wont change keycode/arkforge for the better.

JoshuaIsHere
08-14-2014, 08:11 AM
So when is that new arkforge nerf for T2 and T3 coming to the live server?

08-15-2014, 01:39 AM

Didn't specify a date, afaik.

Bonehead
08-15-2014, 01:44 AM

It's been live for a while now.

08-15-2014, 01:47 AM
It's been live for a while now.

Guess I should actually log ingame, lol. Are you liking it?

Bonehead
08-15-2014, 01:53 AM
The new drop rates for keys and rewards combined with the arkforge nerfs for the t2 and t3 boxes slows everything down to a crawl. On the bright side I spend a lot less time managing my inventory.

DeadEye68
08-15-2014, 02:09 AM
On the bright side I spend a lot less time managing my inventory.

Kinda sad we're down to gallows humor, don't you think ?

Can't even resort to that, I feel utterly disconnected from the game.

Vulgarny
08-15-2014, 04:30 AM
Meanwhile Destiny starts to eat console part of Defiance pie, while FireFall do the same with PC part. I wonder how much people left or will soon leave becouse of TRION shortsighted policy?

08-16-2014, 02:17 AM
Meanwhile Destiny starts to eat console part of Defiance pie, while FireFall do the same with PC part.

Destiny and Firefall aren't going to kill Defiance. Defiance is killing Defiance by decreasing the fun to play and therefor make it easier to pick up other titles (which on average are cheaper then a silly whopping $20,- to upgrade 1 virtual weapon to OJ).

Deunan
08-16-2014, 07:05 PM
The new drop rates for keys and rewards combined with the arkforge nerfs for the t2 and t3 boxes slows everything down to a crawl. On the bright side I spend a lot less time managing my inventory.My claims area is empty for the first time ever.

ConcreteSnake
08-16-2014, 08:09 PM
My claims area is empty for the first time ever.

same here, after the t2 box Nerf I was buying t4s and would still get 3-4 per day, now I'm lucky if I get to open 1 t4 box every other day. So clearing out our claims didn't fix all that lag, latency, and disconnects? Hmmmm....

dramaQkarri
08-16-2014, 08:21 PM
same here, after the t2 box Nerf I was buying t4s and would still get 3-4 per day, now I'm lucky if I get to open 1 t4 box every other day. So clearing out our claims didn't fix all that lag, latency, and disconnects? Hmmmm....

Yeah funny how that worked out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOMk5GWvlks&list=RDxFrOj2z6MeU&index=3

Copperpot
08-16-2014, 08:24 PM
Meanwhile Destiny starts to eat console part of Defiance pie, while FireFall do the same with PC part. I wonder how much people left or will soon leave becouse of TRION shortsighted policy?

Check out our group on the Bungie forums

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?171955-Moving-traffic-to-Destiny-forums

Ruinne
08-16-2014, 09:31 PM

It was alien solar flares causing the lag, nothing they can do about that.

08-18-2014, 04:13 AM
It was alien solar flares causing the lag, nothing they can do about that.

I don't care if it was Santa, they need to reevaluate and if deemed necessary do damage control.

drackiller
08-18-2014, 10:19 AM
Well i was gladly surprised today about the keys that we`re getting as rewards. Not ideal, but somewhat better. AF is still meh...

At least i could buy a T4 this afternoon...only to get 3 crappy blues and one purple,encrypted.

08-18-2014, 11:34 AM
Not ideal, but somewhat better. AF is still meh...

If there is any improvement to be had, i fear Tryin might wait for the crap loot removal/tradeskill rework. I'm skeptical how that should negate the downwards playability the reward nerf caused though.

Ruinne
08-18-2014, 04:59 PM
If there is any improvement to be had, i fear Tryin might wait for the crap loot removal/tradeskill rework. I'm skeptical how that should negate the downwards playability the reward nerf caused though.

It's like none of you have have paid any attention to Trionspeak and tried to learn it. "Less garbage loot" means less loot across the board.

I'd bet my bottom dollar on it.

08-18-2014, 11:29 PM
"Less garbage loot" means less loot across the board.

Hm, got a point there, but for me it just means the same shtakoty droprate as we have now. Blues and purples go straight to arksalvage and OJ's have a minor increase to be something better.

Problem is, it wont make you go tinker with any unencrypted guns you might find. And keycodes to buy lockboxes will still stay at the same rate as after the big nerf (and small correction afterwards).

drackiller
08-19-2014, 02:14 AM
Nowadays i sell every thing i pick, be it white, green, blue or purple, i don`t even look at them, just sell`m.

Zoomer12
08-19-2014, 02:16 AM
So less loot = less credits and salvage? They better up those values if so!

08-19-2014, 02:52 AM
purple, i don`t even look at them, just sell`m.

I thought you said you had 50k arkforge?

They better up those values if so!

Ehm, don't think thats the game plan..

drackiller
08-19-2014, 04:43 AM
I thought you said you had 50k arkforge?

Nope,i said i have AF to upgrade 14 items to OJ state, but they are scatered around several accounts.
And that has nothing to do about AF, selling or ark salvaging weapons IT`s all bout scrip and arksalvage, nothing else.

Why would i want to look at a purple weapon that most certainly is encrypted? And most certainly will be garbage compared to the rest of my purple weapons, that are not encrypted?
What is the probability of you getting a purple weapon with a double critical? Zero to none?

I sell all, and when i`m full at an event i just mass break down without even having a second thought.

08-19-2014, 07:51 AM
IT`s all bout scrip and arksalvage, nothing else

Yeah, i got my threads mixed up, never mind me.