PDA

View Full Version : Did you read this shjtako?!

Crasharr
08-05-2014, 04:26 PM
Today 09:04 PM #3
Morgana
Community Team

Hey all,

To give you all an update, it does look like we're going to need some additional time to get the servers fully updated. At this time, I don't have an exact ETA, but I'll return and update you guys as soon as I do. Thank you for your patience!

Morgana - Community Coordinator

So basically its like we're bringing in our car for a tune up and then get to hear.... hey man, its done when its done..... Can work great but i think yer doing it wrong. Cmon really !? Honestly you think this is proper customer communications !?

ConcreteSnake
08-05-2014, 04:28 PM
That was like 2 hours ago and then they went dark

SilverWF
08-05-2014, 04:28 PM
Did you read this shjtako?!

Yes - two hours ago

Pandur
08-05-2014, 04:31 PM
Business as usual.

To be fair it's not only Trion doing it.

hardy83
08-05-2014, 04:32 PM
Not use to MMOs are you?
When major updates like this happen, it's best to just write off the whole day.

That's why I have other games to play. lol

CM Kiwibird
08-05-2014, 04:39 PM
Hey there. We're not off the case, we're just working hard to get the servers back up for everyone.

Silicon Valley is a big, big update.

Wraither
08-05-2014, 04:41 PM
Kiwi:

I think people are just having trouble dealing with the fact that there is very little communication between Trion and the player base and it needs to provoked for it to happen is all

sirreal420
08-05-2014, 04:59 PM
Hey there. We're not off the case, we're just working hard to get the servers back up for everyone.

love how they just make excuses and re-direct

Chevota
08-05-2014, 05:01 PM
Not use to MMOs are you?

Yup, says it all to anyone who is questioning the Game downtime.

Look, Yes there could be maybe an hourly update, or every other hour to say "Still no ETA" to show us they are still working... but theyre still working lol.

Relax, itll get done. Dont EVER plan out a MMO gaming day when you know theres a big update. This isnt a Trion thing, this is an MMO thing... It isnt going to change.

You arent going to be the first in Silicon Valley, you will not be the first to finish the quest. you will not discover something major (non-bug) that someone else hasnt already found... calm yourselves you impatient beings... lol

CM Kiwibird
08-05-2014, 05:01 PM
Hey there. We have an update from Scapes here:

My turn?

Well, we ran into an issue with the Silicon Valley patch in which servers with the update experienced an infinite queue after only a small number of players joined. We were unable to resolve these queues which appeared once we unlocked the servers. This issue wasn't experienced during testing or on PTS due to insufficient volume of players compared to our live servers.

We're working on applying a change to address the queuing and load issues and we estimate a server update later tonight which will allow players to begin playing Defiance's new Silicon Valley world expansion. The team is all-hands-on-deck to get our service live and I anticipate we'll have an update to share in about an hour.

ColapsN7
08-05-2014, 05:06 PM

xa а чё так думали это вам не конфетка Silicon Valley *Baza Danix is a big, big update.

ot 5h do 10h .

Cannabidroid
08-05-2014, 05:08 PM
Any chance for a rollback at this point? or are you guys to deep in the process? I can deeply understand how these server updates can sometimes involve more resources than anticipated. But from a CSR perspective we could get hourly updates? We are all eager to shoot stuff LOL. All in all, grats on a beautiful game. Looking forward to enjoying new content, when it's ready :)

Sally
08-05-2014, 05:09 PM
Delete .....

Cannabidroid
08-05-2014, 05:12 PM
Perfect update. Thank you.

Hey there. We have an update from Scapes here:

Cavadus
08-05-2014, 05:18 PM
I don't understand anyone's surprise or criticism about this. Yes, this is par for Trion Worlds so far but it's also par for virtually any MMO which rolls out a large revision update like this.

They've said they're working on it. What more can they tell this? What more is there even to say?

Warhorse500
08-05-2014, 06:29 PM
I don't understand anyone's surprise or criticism about this. Yes, this is par for Trion Worlds so far but it's also par for virtually any MMO which rolls out a large revision update like this.

They've said they're working on it. What more can they tell this? What more is there even to say?

Oh, I like a challenge...

What more is there to say? How about this:

1) "Hey, we're sorry we borked your game."

2) "Here's a million scrip to anybody who logs in within the next 72 hours." (Shoot, that'd be easy...it's not like they've got to print it, or anything...it's a couple of keystrokes and done. Of course, after the damage this latest screw-up has inflicted on the player base, I wouldn't be surprised if maybe 10 people logged in.)

3) "We're sorry we called all you game veterans a minority."

4) "We'll fix our screwups and the game will run flawlessly." (Yeah, and if you believe that I've got a bridge in San Francisco to sell ya.)

5) Do I need to continue?

Don't throw me slow pitches like that, man....I'll hit 'em every time.

Space Ghost
08-05-2014, 06:35 PM
good news- trion has included a fun minigame to play while waiting for the servers to come back up. just hit play on defiance and see how fast you can click "Try again" then "Ok" over and over again. the top scoring account unlocks a playable bioman character.
good luck!

nathanpbutler
08-05-2014, 06:36 PM
2) "Here's a million scrip to anybody who logs in within the next 72 hours." (Shoot, that'd be easy...it's not like they've got to print it, or anything...it's a couple of keystrokes and done. Of course, after the damage this latest screw-up has inflicted on the player base, I wouldn't be surprised if maybe 10 people logged in.)

Yeah, but if you do that, you drastically increase the scrip supply in the game, thereby causing inflation of prices in player-to-player trading and . . . and . .

: notices keycode costs changing :

Ah, screw it. Values and prices change on a whim anyway. GIMME. ;)

(Former Econ teacher humor.)

kgersen
08-05-2014, 06:45 PM

Well one reason the criticism comes is that Trion NEVER improves; it's screw-ups over and over and over and over. The reason this time is a real joke; not load or stress testing a major change properly is seriously amateur. Or maybe just incompetent.

Even if this sort of thing is endemic to MMOs, that doesn't mean it's excusable. What other industry has these kinds of issues? It's not like they get sub-standard money from us; if you get paid you should deliver.

Bonehead
08-05-2014, 06:57 PM
Major report on Trion server problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Milkweed
08-05-2014, 07:01 PM

I admit I'm surprised...I knew it would be fairly disastrous so went ahead and had an appointment after work...and still it's not up? I just thought I had it covered is all. I know last year there were a few updates where the game was down for better part of a day. I guess I like to think they've made progress in some respects.

On the up side, I'm not the pessimist I thought I was!

Milkweed
08-05-2014, 07:02 PM
Well one reason the criticism comes is that Trion NEVER improves; it's screw-ups over and over and over and over. The reason this time is a real joke; not load or stress testing a major change properly is seriously amateur. Or maybe just incompetent.

Even if this sort of thing is endemic to MMOs, that doesn't mean it's excusable. What other industry has these kinds of issues? It's not like they get sub-standard money from us; if you get paid you should deliver.

+1
At my job I learn from my mistakes and do better next time. Or else!

Milkweed
08-05-2014, 07:03 PM
Another plus: I don't have to visit the lockbox to see the 1000% inflation meted out on the price of keycodes!

Space Ghost
08-05-2014, 07:10 PM
you think this is amateur? should've seen the Firefall patch last month to prepare for release. no testing using live data and the client patch wasn't even compiled until hours after the missed deadline.
during migration, the devs were stumped when item levels weren't converting correctly, and people wanted to know how big the patch would be and they were like "iunno, it ain't compiled yet".
if I pulled that sort of nonsense at my job, I wouldn't have one anymore