PDA

View Full Version : You guys are all the same

bladed
08-05-2014, 05:56 PM
No matter what game I play and read forums you haters are all the same posts. It goes like this....

1. This company sucks I'll never play another game by them

2. It was great when it started they ruined it on patch(input any patch that didn't fit your gamestyle)

3. They got my money now they don't care.

4. I can't wait until (input next great game soon to be released)..... 1 year later that game will have these posts in forums all over again.

Guess what the company has a million players with a million different opinions so your not going to always get what you want.

Yes games are usually started out player friendly and slowly nerfed into normality so you actually need skill eventually.

Yes companies do want your money and they never plan on giving it back. If you buy red licorice because you like the taste and then they make it taste like broccoli, you wouldn't want the company to give you back money for all the yummy red licorice you bought. You would stop buying the nasty product they are putting out now. Well, same applies here.

MeatBeater
08-05-2014, 05:58 PM
Stay mad and keep lining trions pockets with your money for which you get nothing in return.

Ryhlar
08-05-2014, 05:59 PM
Wouldn't your statement on opinions of the minority invalidate your opinion just the same?

Dandrielas
08-05-2014, 06:00 PM
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=HN.607991069536227264&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

sirreal420
08-05-2014, 06:02 PM
obvious troll is obvious....

OverDoneOne
08-05-2014, 06:03 PM
No matter what game I play and read forums you haters are all the same posts. It goes like this....

2. It was great when it started they ruined it on patch(input any patch that didn't fit your gamestyle)

4. I can't wait until (input next great game soon to be released)..... 1 year later that game will have these posts in forums all over again.

Guess what the company has a million players with a million different opinions so your not going to always get what you want.

Yes games are usually started out player friendly and slowly nerfed into normality so you actually need skill eventually.

Yes companies do want your money and they never plan on giving it back. If you buy red licorice because you like the taste and then they make it taste like broccoli, you wouldn't want the company to give you back money for all the yummy red licorice you bought. You would stop buying the nasty product they are putting out now. Well, same applies here.

Hmmm you noticed that too, well today is your lucky day you have just started your own personal troll fan club with your thread and I am not mocking you but only warning you. Don't feed the trolls even if they are your troll fan club.

MadMax8980
08-05-2014, 06:05 PM
no matter what game i play and read forums you haters are all the same posts. It goes like this....

1. This company sucks i'll never play another game by them

i see you have been playing for a while.

WannV
08-05-2014, 06:09 PM
check out wf community, it is exactly what you're looking for, if you complain about something.. players will throw knives at you even if you're right

i see you have been playing for a while.

and this ^

N1ghtShadow
08-05-2014, 06:12 PM
Snide and snarky comment, followed by personally injurious statement which has no relation to the subject of the original post. Statement of dubious evaluation of original poster's maturity/experience/wisdom/background and doubts about original poster's comfort with certain aspects of sexuality.

Self-satisfied pronouncement of victory and smug retort in summation.

bladed
I think you guys just can't deal with reality, but if I'm trolling then tell me what is this perfect game ran by a perfect company that don't like taking your money unless your happy all the time????

Deunan

5. I like to complain about complaints.

6. Irony is my BFF.

>^^<

Ruinne
08-05-2014, 06:13 PM
"HAHA Look! I made another account and typed it again, Mum!"

Smiit
08-05-2014, 06:14 PM
Oh look....another thread complaining about complaining.

Okidoke
It goes like this....

...obligatory 'whiner bashes whiners' post in full effect.

RobDaCool
It's human nature to complain, especially when cash is involved in someway or another.

Nice username though -it'll give you forehead wrinkles ;)

kniferun
08-05-2014, 06:15 PM
All games are the same.

Durva360
08-05-2014, 06:16 PM
Lol your comment about not having skill, I didnt know the pvp side took skill when most people use triple dmg big boomers or cloak with 0.0 reload zaggers

N1ghtShadow
08-05-2014, 06:17 PM
I think you guys just can't deal with reality, but if I'm trolling then tell me what is this perfect game ran by a perfect company that don't like taking your money unless your happy all the time????

Poker. The Bicycle Cards company produces an arguably perfect product with which to play games and has, for over 30 years, charged a ridiculously low price for their product. Cheap product + ease of play + stable pricing = lack of desire to milk the market because they assume the customer base is satisfied.

DepthProbe
08-05-2014, 06:17 PM
YOUR meet YOU'RE

Griffix8
08-05-2014, 06:18 PM

Main issue for the "not going to always get what you want" thing is that we don't ever really get anything we want. We can make suggestions all we like or have some constructive criticism on what could be fixed and how but its not really implemented. Anything that gets implemented ends up either being worse or not all that great.

Less skill, more luck. You need luck to be able to get items that you need (i.e you need arkforge to upkeep your good gear, you need luck to get arkforge). Not all games need to be nerfed to dust so that players rely on "skill", you shouldn't have to feel like you're at work to play a game. Defiance isn't really a game that requires a whole lot of skill, aim and shoot (use all your ammo when the bullet sponges are present). Only "skill" is PvP....and that's cause its a wee bit unbalanced.

Problem is that they are practically forcing you into the bitstore. Its not even very subtle. Unless you're at EGO cap you likely still need to upgrade weapons and gear and people tend to be constantly looking for new gear to replace their old or find new gear that is better. With the boxes being nerfed to dust and the arkforge becoming more rare than platinum due to that the only way to really get any arkforge is to buy it from the store. The store is over priced. Yes they want money but its ridiculous how much they shove it in your face.
People aren't buying the stuff in the store, at least not THAT many people. So the "don't buy if you don't like it" spiel doesn't really apply.

These people love the game but being here a year and only getting slapped around doesn't make many of us particularly optimistic....

ColapsN7
08-05-2014, 06:18 PM
****del****

bladed
08-05-2014, 06:22 PM
I wasn't complaining about anyone, at least I didn't mean to be. my history is short in shooter MMO world about 2-1/2 years, I have cycled through several. Being new to it I often went to forums to get a feel for what Vets of this genre thought comparatively to others. I often quit other games to try new ones because people would write post like I'm describing and make me think better was out there. Every new game would have these same posts I realized, so I'm just pointing it out and it happen to be this game's forum I did it in. Yes I have only been playing this game for a week.

Mr DirtStar
08-05-2014, 06:26 PM

You must be a " Lock Breaker "

Griffix8
08-05-2014, 06:27 PM
I wasn't complaining about anyone, at least I didn't mean to be. my history is short in shooter MMO world about 2-1/2 years, I have cycled through several. Being new to it I often went to forums to get a feel for what Vets of this genre thought comparatively to others. I often quit other games to try new ones because people would write post like I'm describing and make me think better was out there. Every new game would have these same posts I realized, so I'm just pointing it out and it happen to be this game's forum I did it in. Yes I have only been playing this game for a week.
A lot of us have been playing since the beginning...as I've said its hard to remain optimistic when you continually get slapped around for that whole year.

WannV
08-05-2014, 06:29 PM
and what are you trying to do now? shape everyone to your liking? if you can't stand the forums then don't even read them unless you're checking out patch notes, but it looks to me that you're just bored and wanna have fun arguing/trolling with others

nathanpbutler
08-05-2014, 06:32 PM
You guys are all the same

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d-aWMQuoS4

There's always two of me just a-hangin' aroooouuuunnd...

Bonehead
08-05-2014, 07:04 PM
Yep we're actually the same people on all the forums everywhere. It's a conspiracy!

Video proof;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Milkweed
08-05-2014, 07:10 PM

Better will be out there on 9/9. I'll be over there complaining about that and attacking people who dare to disagree with me.

I just love you doe-eyed optimists though. Spices up the forums nicely.

Ruinne
08-05-2014, 07:11 PM
Yep we're actually the same people on all the forums everywhere. It's a conspiracy!

Video proof;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Sometimes I think I'm Batman, I think there might be more than one of me.

Edit: That dance.... Damnit Rick you sexy, sexy sonuvabich.

noMOE_justwrong4ever
08-05-2014, 07:25 PM
@bladed
Your two week expert opinion of this game means schtako. GFY :)

Bonehead
08-05-2014, 07:38 PM
@bladed

Oh Snap !

Love Monkey
08-05-2014, 07:40 PM
Nes double dragon.

ColonelJack
08-05-2014, 07:44 PM
check out wf community, it is exactly what you're looking for, if you complain about something.. players will throw knives at you even if you're right

and this ^

wf? what is wf? I'm going on and on because there's a 10 char minimum... :)

ironcladtrash
08-05-2014, 08:26 PM

Witcher 2
http://www.cdprojekt.com/

ColonelJack
08-05-2014, 08:35 PM
Witcher 2
http://www.cdprojekt.com/

^
Good one.
That company has possibly done more for the DRM-free movement AND cheap-classic-games-updated-for-modern-machines movement than any other company/devs. http://www.gog.com

Chump Norris
08-05-2014, 08:36 PM
@bladed

http://files.sharenator.com/SAM_JACKSON_CLAPPING_GIF-s480x270-57548-580a.gif

Xeifer
08-05-2014, 09:06 PM

There is a part of me that wants to agree with your post. I understand exactly where you coming from and it's wearisome to see the same kind of posts across many different games. Had you posted this in the forum of many other games I'd agree. But actually what I see here is something subtly different that your not seeing. It isn't the usual hater posts, that make up a vocal minority, while the majority are in game enjoying themselves. What I see here is a lot of long time fans of the game, who love the concept, and what the game should have been, but are getting slowly disillusioned with the management of the game and the direction it's actually taken. I don't see a lot of 'OMG this game sux k thx bye' type posts, but people with legitimate complaints.

Or to answer your post in a slightly different direction, if we are seeing the same posts across multiple games, what does that tell us on a general level about the video games industry? I for one am getting really fed up of game after game promising the earth, promising long term plans, failing to live up to hype, being dropped like a stone shortly after release, and post release content being thin on the ground or of poor quality. Perhaps point 4 on your list is from people desperately hoping the next great game won't repeat all the same mistakes again.

Maybe one day we will see a game released, that is not over hyped, that promises and then delivers realistic expectations, and is well supported after release with frequent quality content patches from a developer that listens to their fan base. I can live in hope anyway.

I for one am hopeful this 'free to play' bubble is well on the way to bursting, so we can go back to paying a fair price for a fair product and away from the conflict of interest that is the nickel and dime monetisation model of the current crop of games.

Stubin
08-05-2014, 09:11 PM

1- Defiance doesn't have a million players. They probably have a million accounts. Im guessing the numbers are more around the 15-25k during peak times worldwide including xbox and ps3.

2- No game is nerfed into normalcy so you need skill. Normalcy is making it so that everyone can do it so games are usually nerfed into being so easy that anyone can play it. Not the other way around.

ironcladtrash
08-05-2014, 09:32 PM
^
Good one.
That company has possibly done more for the DRM-free movement AND cheap-classic-games-updated-for-modern-machines movement than any other company/devs. http://www.gog.com

Absolutely. GoG is great. They seem to be the only consumer friendly game developer left.