PDA

View Full Version : FREE to PLAY Players Quit Complaining... It's FREE.

CommanderPayne
08-05-2014, 07:05 PM
Man, for all the NEW players trolling these forums finding absolutely anything and everything to complain and whine about, if you don't like it go find another game as good as or as big as or as FREE as this one. The amount of content and gameplay you actually get for not spending a dime is crazy. I am an Old School gamer that has played a hell of a lot of games and without a doubt this game has been one of the most enjoyable ones. Even with the many glitch's, freezing, crashing that I too have personally experienced I still love the game. Yes, I have been only playing for 2 months for FREE but I AM going to be spending money to purchase all the DLC because it is worth it.

By the way, I have found that if you actually take the time gathering loot, selling your loot at the lockbox, purchasing tier 3 or 4 lock boxes you will find you can get a lot of Orange gear and even ArkForge - for those of you that do not know this, sometimes the lockbox gives out 20-40-50 ArkForge even for FTP players.

Here is another FREE tip for all players. The best weapon in my collection is without a doubt HANDS DOWN the VOT SPANNER PROTECTOR. Probably the most Underrated weapon in the game. An Orange fully Mod'd one gives you a ridiculous link range and I usually come in the top 3 in big events. This weapon is especially efficient on Incursions. Why... LOOT.LOOT.LOOT... All you need to do with this weapon is tap it once and when it dies regardless if you kill it or not it will drop loot/script. I am sure you can see the advantage here. I actually lucked out and on the Mastery I increased my heal rate from 0.03 to 1.33 so my this weapon now gives me crazy scores for healing. Just Sayin. I am currently at EGO 4,300 and I usually place 1st to 3rd with this weapons in Major events. Let me know If I just really lucked out with the roll on this one.

I am just as stoked as the 10's of thousands out there reading these forums anxiously waiting for the Silicon Valley Content. Patients guys.... I am sure it will be awesome.

CommanderPayne :cool::cool::cool:(CLAN: TEAM EVOLUTION):cool::cool::cool: New Players Welcome...
CommanderPayne

ConcreteSnake
08-05-2014, 07:09 PM
1. Most of the people commenting right now actually paid for the game and bought dlcs and bits.

2. What else can we do when the servers are down for 9 hours but complain about all the stuff we don't like that's about to happen.

Mr DirtStar
08-05-2014, 07:09 PM
Man, for all the players trolling these forums finding absolutely anything and everything to complain and ***** about, if you don't like it go find another ****ing game as good as or as big as or as FREE as this one. The amount of content and gameplay you actually get for not spending a ****ing dime is crazy. I am an Old School gamer that has played a hell of a lot of games and without a doubt this game has been one of the most enjoyable ones. Even with the many glitch's, freezing, crashing that I too have personally experienced I still love the game. Yes, I have been only playing for 2 months for FREE but I AM going to be spending money to purchase all the DLC because it is worth it.

By the way, I have found that if you actually take the time gathering loot, selling your loot at the lockbox, purchasing tier or 4 lock boxes you will find you can get a lot of Orange gear and even Ark Forge - for those of you that do not know this, sometimes the lockbox gives out 2-4-50 Ark Forge even for FTP players.

Here is another FREE tip for all players. The best weapon in my collection is without a doubt HANDS DOWN the VOT SPANNER PROTECTOR. Probably the most Underrated weapon in the game. An Orange fully Mod'd one gives you a ridiculous link range. This weapon is especially efficient on Incursions. Why... LOOT>LOOT>LOOT... All you need to do with this weapon is tap it once and when it dies regardless if you kill it or not it will drop loot/script. am sure you can see the advantage here.

I am just as stoked as the 10's of thousands out there reading these forums anxiously waiting for the Silicon Valley Content. Patients guys.... I am sure it will be awesome.

CommanderPayne :cool::cool::cool:(CLAN: TEAM EVOLUTION):cool::cool::cool: New Players Welcome...
CommanderPayne

A VOT Spanner Protector ... Jesus you must be new

EyesOn
08-05-2014, 07:11 PM
"Man, for all the players trolling these forums finding absolutely anything and everything to complain..."

So you felt the need to add more? Complaing about complaing.

Alastar
Your argument holds very little to no water. I see you rely heavily on its freeness to make your points. Its not free on 360 or ps3 yet. Most if not all of those with grievances on PC also paid for this game. If you're a free player I can certainly see how you would be less entitled to ***** about the many issues. However, for those that have paid and paid and paid their complaints (for the most part, there's always a few off the wall types) are both warranted and deserved. That aside glad you're enjoying it and that you haven't found that sense of being slapped around time and again after your investment :)

Griffix8
For the Free to Play crowd you do get quite a bit of content for it being free but try being here from the beginning and not being even remotely annoyed....

This has been said a lot but people like this game, they really do. Its just that the game could be so much BETTER but the problem is that Trion doesn't really listen. After ramming into the brick wall a few times then you feel the need to vent cause you LOVE the game but HATE that its not working as best as it could.

sirreal420
08-05-2014, 07:12 PM
A VOT Spanner Protector ... Jesus you must be new ikr....so being here for two months gives you the right to tell those of us who paid full retail and have been here since beta to quit complaining?!?!?!

Bonehead
08-05-2014, 07:12 PM
It really is sweet to read new players posting. Precious really.

Milkweed
08-05-2014, 07:13 PM
So many of these "I hate forum haters" threads popping up. Way to introduce yourself to the community.

Do you go running into churches and explain to them the error of their ways too? LOLZ

Ah, the anonimity of the interwebs. I love it.

Mr DirtStar
Oh you critical out trying to log into the game, Well did you see were adding new content ... Sillicon Valley

ConcreteSnake

I know right?

Atticus Batman
As Snake said, lots of us had to PAY for the game when it was originally released last year in order to play it. It is nice that you got it free, but it has only been free to Pc since June and last I checked it is still NOT free on console. However, if it wasn't for us paid players, paying for it and "beta testing" for you and complaining about all the issues since launch, then the game would NOT be around for you to play for free.

Xzelian
For some of us Mr. Payne, the game was not free. I spent $60 US on it, and it is still a BETA.

For someone who is new to it I would likely ague the same point of view, however for those of us who see issues over a year old unaddressed since Alpha, who sunk money into it to be chased away and ignored, I'm truly sorry. I must agree with them.
As for finding another game. Really I have. I began looking at the forums when what we demanded over a year ago may be going to pass. Now the servers aren't coming up.
It's adorable.

So if it was free to you , Ill make a deal.
Give me your address, and Ill send you a receipt for the $60 game I purchased last year and never received.
You pay me and Ill vow to never play again or post again.

sound fair?

Ironhide
08-05-2014, 07:14 PM
Man, for all the players trolling these forums finding absolutely anything and everything to complain and ***** about, if you don't like it go find another ****ing game as good as or as big as or as FREE as this one. The amount of content and gameplay you actually get for not spending a ****ing dime is crazy. I am an Old School gamer that has played a hell of a lot of games and without a doubt this game has been one of the most enjoyable ones. Even with the many glitch's, freezing, crashing that I too have personally experienced I still love the game. Yes, I have been only playing for 2 months for FREE but I AM going to be spending money to purchase all the DLC because it is worth it.

By the way, I have found that if you actually take the time gathering loot, selling your loot at the lockbox, purchasing tier or 4 lock boxes you will find you can get a lot of Orange gear and even Ark Forge - for those of you that do not know this, sometimes the lockbox gives out 2-4-50 Ark Forge even for FTP players.

Here is another FREE tip for all players. The best weapon in my collection is without a doubt HANDS DOWN the VOT SPANNER PROTECTOR. Probably the most Underrated weapon in the game. An Orange fully Mod'd one gives you a ridiculous link range. This weapon is especially efficient on Incursions. Why... LOOT>LOOT>LOOT... All you need to do with this weapon is tap it once and when it dies regardless if you kill it or not it will drop loot/script. am sure you can see the advantage here.

CommanderPayne

First off I know your a troll and I shouldn't respond to someone who clearly knows nothing about the game. So come back when you have spent 150 plus dollars for the Collectors edition of the game and been here a year and a half. Till then anything you have to say to any Game and forum Vet is just worth as much as you paid for this game...nothing.

Ruinne
"LOL MUM! I typed it again!"

Milkweed
For the Free to Play crowd you do get quite a bit of content for it being free but try being here from the beginning and not being even remotely annoyed....

This has been said a lot but people like this game, they really do. Its just that the game could be so much BETTER but the problem is that Trion doesn't really listen. After ramming into the brick wall a few times then you feel the need to vent cause you LOVE the game but HATE that its not working as best as it could.

CRIXDA wrote about that a few days ago, a wonderful metaphor about Trion abusing their poor misunderstood child, Defiance. I should go find that thread.

CommanderPayne
08-05-2014, 07:15 PM
No... I actually lucked out on the Mastery and increased the heal rate from 0.03 to 1.33... Like I said I am in the top 3 on big events and usually 1st if I hit all the Ark falls. Normally without the heal it would be a useless weapon for sure. But, it is what it is. I more than likely just really lucked out on that roll...

TwistedEvil
08-05-2014, 07:15 PM
Man, for all the players trolling these forums finding absolutely anything and everything to complain and whine about, if you don't like it go find another Fricking game as good as or as big as or as FREE as this one. The amount of content and gameplay you actually get for not spending a Fricking dime is crazy. I am an Old School gamer that has played a hell of a lot of games and without a doubt this game has been one of the most enjoyable ones. Even with the many glitch's, freezing, crashing that I too have personally experienced I still love the game. Yes, I have been only playing for 2 months for FREE but I AM going to be spending money to purchase all the DLC because it is worth it.

By the way, I have found that if you actually take the time gathering loot, selling your loot at the lockbox, purchasing tier 3 or 4 lock boxes you will find you can get a lot of Orange gear and even ArkForge - for those of you that do not know this, sometimes the lockbox gives out 20-40-50 ArkForge even for FTP players.

Here is another FREE tip for all players. The best weapon in my collection is without a doubt HANDS DOWN the VOT SPANNER PROTECTOR. Probably the most Underrated weapon in the game. An Orange fully Mod'd one gives you a ridiculous link range and I usually come in the top 3 in big events. This weapon is especially efficient on Incursions. Why... LOOT.LOOT.LOOT... All you need to do with this weapon is tap it once and when it dies regardless if you kill it or not it will drop loot/script. I am sure you can see the advantage here. I actually lucked out and on the Mastery I increased my heal rate from 0.03 to 1.33 so my this weapon now gives me crazy scores for healing. Just Sayin.

CommanderPayne

If you don't like the complaining, then why don't you go somewhere else.......instead of f****n B*****n about the complainers? Just a thought, hero.

N3gativeCr33p
08-05-2014, 07:16 PM

http://media.giphy.com/media/tNp7rSrvJYaNG/giphy.gif

Chump Norris
08-05-2014, 07:17 PM
No... I actually lucked out on the Mastery and increased the heal rate from 0.03 to 1.33... Like I said I am in the top 3 on big events and usually 1st if I hit all the Ark falls. Normally without the heal it would be a useless weapon for sure. But, it is what it is. I more than likely just really lucked out on that roll...
http://psdchat.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/cookie-texture.png

Here you go.

kniferun
People actually enjoy BMGs? I thought they were just uswed to level them up or troll.

off topic:are you maka or mikey?

Durva360
I get it, you got the game free so these issues arent too severe for you. However, those of us that bought the game when it wasnt being handed out have had these issues since day 1. It gets old and then the comment Trick made towards vet players was just another slap in the face.

CommanderPayne
08-05-2014, 07:19 PM
I can totally agree with valid complaints then. I just have a hard time reading a lot of the comments. Personally it is one of the best games I have played. Trust me I have had nights of anger/frustration with glitches and crash issues. I just want to add that I agree that some players that have spent good money on the game have valid points. For anyone playing for FREE like me I say quit the bi.tchen. That being said I am playing on spending 150.00 next week and very stoked to do so.

Ironhide

Yeah he has to be, a person who uses a spanner protector is the most hated player for multiple reasons, 1) its a noobs weapon, 2) The shield obscures other players vision and makes it harder for anyone to aim effectively. You shouldn't worry about enemies, cause If I could turn around and shoot you myself in game and kill you I would.

Mr DirtStar

I remember when trying to place #1 was cool, kinda like my first beer ... " VOT Spanner Protector " thats priceless

Griffix8
08-05-2014, 07:20 PM
You are getting good scores because you're using a BMG. BMGs are notorious for doing insufficient damage but are granted a boatload of "teamwork" points. Its not that you are contributing to killing things its that you are technically "helping" others kill it and since its a weapon of constant damage it counts as you constantly "helping' them.

BMGs and Infectors are infamous for granting inflated scores.

sirreal420
08-05-2014, 07:20 PM
I can totally agree with valid complaints then. I just have a hard time reading a lot of the comments. Personally it is one of the best games I have played. Trust me I have had nights of anger/frustration with glitches and crash issues. I just want to add that I agree that some players that have spent good money on the game have valid points. For anyone playing for FREE like me I say quit the bi.tchen. That being said I am playing on spending 150.00 next week and very stoked to do so.

bad bad idea... just burn the money, you'll get about the same enjoyment out of it

CommanderPayne
08-05-2014, 07:21 PM
Your right. I should be responding to the FTP players and I was. People that spend money on a game have every right to voice their opinions. 100% Just to make it clear.

Dandrielas
08-05-2014, 07:21 PM
So, anything new going on here? Or same Ole same Ole.

mr8liner
08-05-2014, 07:22 PM

Dude, do you really think that getting in the top 3 doing or getting 1st doing all of the arkfalls is good????

I can go in at the end and get top 5 easy, and I don't use a spanner.

Hell, I did a dark matter the other day got there with him half dead and still got 1st.

Bmg's are for people who do not want to do any work for their rewards.

Space Ghost
can we all agree to acronym standards right now?
F2P == free to play
FTP == file transfer protocol

it messes with the flow of my reading when I have to pause and figure out what ftp has to do with a f2p game. plz and thxu

Griffix8
Why are you spending 150 on it? Pretty much everything in the DLC you can do without paying for it and they don't have much (if any in the case of a few DLC) story addition. Buying key space and inventory space is really the only thing relatively worth it.

Ruinne
Your right. I should be responding to the FTP players and I was. People that spend money on a game have every right to voice their opinions. 100% Just to make it clear.

Until the threats and personal insults to each other and the team start. There's a fine line between a good old fashioned b!tching session and a mean spirited dog pile.

CommanderPayne
I agree with you man. I should have made it more clear in my Comment I was really thinking about all the FTP players. Anyone that pays good money absolutely has a right to voice their complaints. I just want to see them get it right when they actually go live with the servers. Stoked.

noMOE_justwrong4ever
08-05-2014, 07:23 PM
So many of these "I hate forum haters" threads popping up. Way to introduce yourself to the community.

Do you go running into churches and explain to them the error of their ways too? LOLZ

Ah, the anonimity of the interwebs. I love it.

My thoughts exactly. Look at me I'm *****ing about people *****ing. Lol

You newbies make trion proud. We have been here for a year and change complaining about a game we like in hopes that one of the turd burglars at trion would take notice and see they have a passionate community and embrace them rather then keep trying to drive them away.

Don't worry my *** won't buy another trion product. So I guess we will have something in common seeing as how you freeloaders didn't buy a trion product either. GFY :)

Jussi
08-05-2014, 07:24 PM
hey there OP...way to get the community to hate you right away...there is nothing wrong with the f2p ppl...but they cant tell someone who PAID between 40-120 bucks for this game...to stop *****ing about a free game...cause it was not free for us...and yes there is alot of complaining on these forums about the game...well ppl who have invested over a year and their hard earned money on this game have every right to complain when the simple things have not gotten fixed yet and the fact that they get d/c all the time...but for you to come in and think that your going to make a post like that...and your going to get any reaction other than ppl telling you that your stupid or a jerk...is beyond me...what did you expect us to say..."your right...we should stop complaining about the game and go pick up our spanners and hit an incursion"...lol spanner...lulz...

ironcladtrash
08-05-2014, 07:26 PM
I am a little confused I thought for sure this was another troll thread especially with spanner protector comment but you seem to be back tracking a little at the offensive stance.

FYI I have offered people a **** ton of scrip if they stop using the spanner protector on me and never use it again. That orange protective shield is way too obtrusive.

ConcreteSnake

score has nothing to do with how good you actually did

CommanderPayne
I am going to buy all 5 DLC in the 40.00 package and was thinking of buying the 100.00 package they are offering. I just want to have the full experience and the game seems worth the money to me... I welcome advice though. Increasing my key count and inventory are my most important. Also getting access to those GOLD mod's would be huge.

Milkweed
08-05-2014, 07:27 PM
score has nothing to do with how good you actually did

Shhhhhhhhh he can figure that out for himself eventually. For now let him spend his money for all our sakes!

CommanderPayne
08-05-2014, 07:27 PM
Alright. Well I do take advice and listen to what ppl have to say. Increasing key count. Inventory slots and access to GOLD mod's are my most concern. I did not realize that there was actually not much story content on the DLC. I do now. lol

Mr DirtStar
08-05-2014, 07:29 PM
" VOT Spanner Protector " lol *HOW BOUT NO SCOTTTY

Alastar
08-05-2014, 07:29 PM
All that aside I am curious why $150. Griffix said it pretty well. Most of the dlc content is free to begin with. Lockboxes aren't worth paying real money for. You could spend that pretty quickly on outfits tho LOL. But really. If you are fully intent on buying the dlcs more power to ya but I'd advise stopping by Etaew's website defiance data to see exactly how little you get. :)

EDIT: Regarding legendary mods, best wait until you have a gun that you are willing to take endgame. That's a lot of upgrading and could be you spend all those cores or scrip upgrading a gun you eventually don't even ****** like anymore. And that would suck. Lol

sirreal420
08-05-2014, 07:30 PM
there is no story at all in dlcs, just some ego perks and license to use certain weapons, and create a casti.

ironcladtrash
08-05-2014, 07:30 PM
I agree with you man. I should have made it more clear in my Comment I was really thinking about all the FTP players. Anyone that pays good money absolutely has a right to voice their complaints. I just want to see them get it right when they actually go live with the servers. Stoked.

To me F2P players have just as much right to complain about issues and bugs as us that paid money. We are all playing the same game.

All we wanted is them to fix the bugs and not ignore issues we bring up. After a year of playing they still won't fix a ton of issues and ignore until we non stop ***** and complain in the forums.

CommanderPayne
08-05-2014, 07:31 PM
I completely agree with you. I wish I had known about this game a long time ago, I would have paid for it. My complaint is towards the FREE players not the veterans. Everyone has a right to voice opinion and agreed it is those opinions that make the game more enjoyable for us all. My feeling was just if your NOT paying then don't complain because I did see lots of posts from FTP players. No worries. I just should have worded my original post better.

Mr DirtStar
08-05-2014, 07:31 PM
Next hes ganna say hes spent 10,000 bucks, was a sniper in vietnam and owns a a business worth millions ... seeems like a post from a few days back, Hhmmm .... CONSPIRACY!!!! ;)

Denuth
08-05-2014, 07:32 PM
God this is a toxic community.

kniferun
there are some missions/arenas with little story.

Zombie Stark
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g420/Ugur_Adas/crazy-goat.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/Ugur_Adas/media/crazy-goat.gif.html)

Patch days always bring the best threads. :rolleyes:

Ironhide
08-05-2014, 07:33 PM

Glad we got that cleared up. If I could suggest saving that 150.00 then please do so. Go spend it on some booze or visit a strip club, it will be better spent.

Griffix8
I am going to buy all 5 DLC in the 40.00 package and was thinking of buying the 100.00 package they are offering. I just want to have the full experience and the game seems worth the money to me... I welcome advice though. Increasing my key count and inventory are my most important. Also getting access to those GOLD mod's would be huge.
Frankly all the stuff you get from the packages aren't THAT great, its not worth the 100 bucks.
You mean Orange mods? You have a long grind ahead of you for them

Dandrielas
Next hes ganna say hes spent 10,000 bucks, was a sniper in vietnam and owns a a business worth millions ... seeems like a post from a few days back, Hhmmm .... CONSPIRACY!!!! ;)

Was stationed in da dang. They never had enough roller coasters.

Kierstin
08-05-2014, 07:34 PM

Said weapon is that annoying one that puts that stupid orange shield around you...yes? I hate being around players that use that at arkfalls. When they die, I don't revive them. That probably makes me a bad person, but I hate being blinded by orange when I'm trying to stay alive. haha

Love Monkey
08-05-2014, 07:35 PM
Wow ur weak to call out ,like that about complaints.

ironcladtrash
08-05-2014, 07:35 PM
I completely agree with you. I wish I had known about this game a long time ago, I would have paid for it. My complaint is towards the FREE players not the veterans. Everyone has a right to voice opinion and agreed it is those opinions that make the game more enjoyable for us all. My feeling was just if your NOT paying then don't complain because I did see lots of posts from FTP players. No worries. I just should have worded my original post better.

No worries I can see you're not being an *** just misunderstood.

The only problem I see with your thinking is that in order for the game to survive even F2P players need to spend money. If they get ignored too what incentive do they have to spend.

toxin
08-05-2014, 07:38 PM
i cant wait any longer for the servers to be online ,wasted my 1 single off day from work on waiting :( ,same when i play wow ,when its my off day the servers go offline for weekly maintenance :( fk me life

MadMax8980
08-05-2014, 07:39 PM
G.F.Y half of us paid for this game and have been s!@t on since westarted playing.

Denuth
08-05-2014, 07:39 PM
No worries I can see you're not being an *** just misunderstood.

The only problem I see with your thinking is that in order for the game to survive even F2P players need to spend money. If they get ignored too what incentive do they have to spend.

What incentive do people have to stick around when everyone is an *******?

CommanderPayne
08-05-2014, 07:40 PM
Ya I have more than enough Orange weapons and pretty much the weapons I love already and my EGO is at 4,300 now. It would be nice to be able to use some of the weapons from the DLC or have access to the gold mod's for sure. There are various advantages to having DLC.

Griffix8
08-05-2014, 07:40 PM
Cause despite all the rants and venting people still actually enjoy this game when it runs properly.

CommanderPayne
08-05-2014, 07:42 PM
Well, if we want the full game experience and the advantages that come with spending money we will spend money. I see it as worth spending money for those advantages. I have had my time as a Free player, if I want more I will pay for it and I will. I love the game.

Ironhide
08-05-2014, 07:43 PM

Not really, just think of having jock itch for a year and a half, and you go to the doc's for medicine every month to get rid of it and the only thing he'll give you is IcyHot for it. Thats pretty much what goes on around here...

Griffix8
Ya I have more than enough Orange weapons and pretty much the weapons I love already and my EGO is at 4,300 now. It would be nice to be able to use some of the weapons from the DLC or have access to the gold mod's for sure. There are various advantages to having DLC.
Not 40 bucks worth. The only decent guns are Zagger (people will hate you if you PvP with it) and the Lightning Rifle (easiest way to cheese through the 5000 sniper kills). The orange mods aren't that great, they are expensive if you buy them from another player or take a long time to grind (many people are sick of doing the Co-op maps by now).

CommanderPayne
The game itself is the incentive...

ironcladtrash

If you really feel that way then none. However most vets honestly like nice new players and would go out of there way to help and answer any questions. I know they may get drowned out sometimes but not everyone is an ***. You could try to find a friendly clan too.

Bubbie
If only everyone could have your perspective, Commander. No matter, the people will get through this, thick and thin. They always do, no matter what they say and the direness of the situation.

It's good to see that there still exists a patch of green grass throughout this accidental fire.
Stay strong, Commander. Don't be phased.

konstantinov
08-05-2014, 07:44 PM
Well, if we want the full game experience and the advantages that come with spending money we will spend money. I see it as worth spending money for those advantages. I have had my time as a Free player, if I want more I will pay for it and I will. I love the game.

At least you show the capacity to learn unlike some others that post about people that bought the game and spent money on bits.

By the way I'm potato.

Dandrielas
08-05-2014, 07:44 PM
The game itself is the incentive...

Used to be that way until your head is bashed in a million times due to all the bugs, glitches, and bad decisions.

sirreal420
08-05-2014, 07:45 PM
and in case your wondering way to tell if someone is vet, is if their join date is mar 2013

Griffix8
08-05-2014, 07:45 PM
DLC aren't worth the 40, or the 10 (if you buy individually). The ultimate doesn't really do much for you except giving you a few things to wear (one of which can be gotten in a pursuit), 2 vehicles (only unique thing is the skin). Only thing remotely worth buying is the key slots and inventory but you don't need a 100 dollar pack for it.

kniferun
08-05-2014, 07:46 PM
the lightning rifle is broken, unfortunately.

the mods are orange like the weapons.

Deunan
08-05-2014, 07:48 PM
...I am an Old School gamer that has played a hell of a lot of games...All that shows is that no number of hours played on any number of games qualifies you to make informed or valuable posts on a forum about another game. Like many of the complainers about complainers you clearly don't even understand what many players are talking about in these threads, what it means for gear progression in the game, and what it means in terms of the change in direction regarding development decisions the company is making. Much of what the players are discussing are changes to the way the game works that you currently enjoy to a way that is going to be different and that you are probably not going to enjoy and are certainly going to enjoy less than the way things are now.

It's also irrelevant whether you're a free-to-play player or buy-to-play player. That distinction simply doesn't hold water. Buy-to-play players paid a price to be an early adopter of the game. However poor the return on investment may have been for that, that ship has sailed and that dog won't bark. We're all in the same boat and it's never a good thing for the integrity of the game or for the happiness of the players when a game publisher's development decisions are so completely driven by the goal of increasing micro transaction revenue that it requires deliberately f**king up normal pacing in the game to achieve that goal. It's bad for the players and it's totally unsustainable in the long term for the game itself.

Alastar
08-05-2014, 07:48 PM
Aw but what about those of us who didn't join the forums outright :(

N3gativeCr33p
08-05-2014, 07:49 PM

Who ya gonna call?

http://www.cinemasterpieces.com/92010a/toxicfeb11.jpg

lawszepie
08-05-2014, 07:49 PM
>when dev make bad decisions, people complain
>when dev make a lot of bad decisions, people complain a lot

Dandrielas
08-05-2014, 07:50 PM
All that shows is that no number of hours played on any number of games qualifies you to make informed or valuable posts on a forum about another game. Like many of the complainers about complainers you clearly don't even understand what many players are talking about in these threads, what it means for gear progression in the game, and what it means in terms of the change in direction regarding development decisions the company is making. Much of what the players are discussing are changes to the way the game works that you currently enjoy to a way that is going to be different and that you are probably not going to enjoy and are certainly going to enjoy less than the way things are now.

It's also irrelevant whether you're a free-to-play player or buy-to-play player. That distinction simply doesn't hold water. Buy-to-play players paid a price to be an early adopter of the game. However poor the return on investment may have been for that, that ship has sailed and that dog won't bark. We're all in the same boat and it's never a good thing for the integrity of the game or for the happiness of the players when a game publisher's development decisions are so completely driven by the goal of increasing micro transaction revenue that it requires deliberately f**king up normal pacing in the game to achieve that goal. It's bad for the players and it's totally unsustainable in the long term for the game itself.

Always posting the long explanations. :)

CommanderPayne
08-05-2014, 07:51 PM
Thank you...

Tallon
08-05-2014, 07:51 PM
Quit Your ****ing *****en.......

Blowing Kitchen?
Flipping Chicken?
Talking Blongen?

Atticus Batman
08-05-2014, 07:52 PM
Alright. Well I do take advice and listen to what ppl have to say. Increasing key count. Inventory slots and access to GOLD mod's are my most concern. I did not realize that there was actually not much story content on the DLC. I do now. lol

Try looking for a new copy of the Defiance Collector's Edition, you will be able to link it's code to your account and get pretty much everything you need. If you find a new copy of the Defiance ultimate Collector's Edition then you will also get some bits and the season pass as part of it. Seeing as it is now free to play, most site's that still have any Defiance games in stock are saling them pretty cheap compared to what we paid. I'd suggest trying Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00CAV721M/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

SpudGunner
Welcome to defiance commander noob. Come back when you've played for 18 months

Ruinne
All that shows is that no number of hours... Blah blah blah yakketty schmakketty ...it's totally unsustainable in the long term for the game itself.

You are absolutely correct.

And verbose, you are very verbose as well.

CommanderPayne
08-05-2014, 07:53 PM
I feel you on that.. Try crashing when you just got the powershot on the Monarch at 250,000.. Ya I know all about that. How many times. Evcen at the end of a great Incursion run and bam... I sure hope they fixed a lot of these issues... Straight up bs.

Atticus Batman
08-05-2014, 07:54 PM
Aw but what about those of us who didn't join the forums outright :(

Then you be one of these!

http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp206/s13ky/SPECIAL%20NEEDS/latebloomer_cover.jpg

Griffix8
08-05-2014, 07:54 PM
I feel you on that.. Try crashing when you just got the powershot on the Monarch at 250,000.. Ya I know all about that. How many times. Evcen at the end of a great Incursion run and bam... I sure hope they fixed a lot of these issues... Straight up bs.
They try to fix them but they don't stay fixed. They fix one thing and break another sadly...

Dandrielas
08-05-2014, 07:55 PM
Then you be one of these!

http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp206/s13ky/SPECIAL%20NEEDS/latebloomer_cover.jpg

But but. I am only a month off.

jackdaws_1999
I thought the DLC was going to be worth it when they announced it, I however now regret buying it for my wife.

I also felt the Ultimate edition of the game was well worth it, with this I still think this way... even just for the crappy hellbug statue... I named him Wipers after the Wipers Times... which I read, only replacing names with members of the defiance team...

If your gonna spend 150 bucks, Buy the ultimate edition (if you can find one), then use the rest of the money you save in this respect to go buy a whole bunch of other games... or maybe even some inventory space. The ultimate edition will come with the dlc (and be cheaper than buying the dlc).

Good luck, and welcome to the community... oh and please dont use spanner protectors, they are the BANE of most people life on defiance. go invest in a good Sludge and Bonfire if you want to score *****. Go buy a good Big Boomer if you want to Kill *****. Go try out different guns, my personal fav is sluggers and smgs for... well everything :) (replace ***** with w. H. ore)

sirreal420

methinks hes coming over to the dark-side, come to think of it now that Disney owns the rights to star wars will they still call it the dark-side, or the not so good side....

Ironhide

We've been hoping they fix those too...for a year and a half....:rolleyes:

Dandrielas
08-05-2014, 07:56 PM
methinks hes coming over to the dark-side, come to think of it now that Disney owns the rights to star wars will they still call it the dark-side, or the not so good side....

There is no dark or light side at the moment. It's just gray.

WARDNUKE
08-05-2014, 07:56 PM
Yeah he has to be, a person who uses a spanner protector is the most hated player for multiple reasons, 1) its a noobs weapon, 2) The shield obscures other players vision and makes it harder for anyone to aim effectively. You shouldn't worry about enemies, cause If I could turn around and shoot you myself in game and kill you I would.

Amen to that brother.

CommanderPayne
08-05-2014, 07:57 PM
I guess I just really really lucked out with my Orange Vot Spanner Protector because when I hit Majors I usually end up 1st place. Helped me get up to 4,300 EGO in 2 months. The heal rate is crazy though. I get huge points... Normally not a weapon I would choose I like bullets - High rate of fire weapons. Also, my link range is insane with 12 links... I was probably just VERY lucky with this weapon. I cannot wait to put GOLD mod's on this puppy.

Chump Norris
08-05-2014, 07:58 PM
If I could do it all over again I would still buy DLC 2 and DLC 5.

I like the Arkbreaker weapons (DLC 2) and the oranges mods plus new perks (DLC 5).

Griffix8
08-05-2014, 07:59 PM
I guess I just really really lucked out with my Orange Vot Spanner Protector because when I hit Majors I usually end up 1st place. Helped me get up to 4,300 EGO in 2 months. The heal rate is crazy though. I get huge points... Normally not a weapon I would choose I like bullets - High rate of fire weapons. Also, my link range is insane with 12 links... I was probably just VERY lucky with this weapon. I cannot wait to put GOLD mod's on this puppy.
Again you get a lot of points through "teamwork" but not necessarily contributing to actually hurting the opponents. And there aren't orange mods the last I checked....

WARDNUKE
08-05-2014, 08:01 PM

I've been playing since last year. Paid for the game and then I've paid some more since.

I'M usually in the top 3 of Volge Sieges when I play and also a lot of Major Ark Falls. Belong To Ozz's crew.

The names WarNuke. EGO somewhere upwards of the 4600 range last I looked and I DON'T RECOGNIZE YOU. Obviously a troll.

Next time you're online, come by and say hi cause right now you're about as welcome as a poopy sandwich.

Griffix8
08-05-2014, 08:03 PM
I've been playing since last year. Paid for the game and then I've paid some more since.

I'M usually in the top 3 of Volge Sieges when I play and also a lot of Major Ark Falls. Belong To Ozz's crew.

The names WarNuke. EGO somewhere upwards of the 4600 range last I looked and I DON'T RECOGNIZE YOU. Obviously a troll.

Next time you're online, come by and say hi cause right now you're about as welcome as a poopy sandwich.
Its not that hard to miss each other...there ARE different shards you know....

Deunan
08-05-2014, 08:03 PM
And there aren't orange mods the last I checked....On your server there may be. Some got into the market when the Legendary Weapon Kits were available. If anyone would know it would probably be Taco.

EDIT: Never mind those were Epics in the Legendary Kit

Chump Norris
08-05-2014, 08:04 PM
BMG healers are the Remoras of Defiance.

kniferun
08-05-2014, 08:06 PM
never cared to look, but dont think theres "ORANGE" BMG mods!!!!
theres like 3 people who hit volge sieges.

Tinjor
08-05-2014, 08:06 PM
god forbid you might have to watch tv read a book or do some chores around the house for once the game is not a lifeline there is other things you could be doing probably more construstive too but who am i to say anything you will complain about this just like everytrhing else because you are not getting your way

CommanderPayne
08-05-2014, 08:09 PM
LOL...... I usually hand the cookies out too. Ha

Dandrielas
08-05-2014, 08:09 PM
I could go for some cookies right now.

CommanderPayne
08-05-2014, 08:11 PM
I did not know that. Thanks for the advice. I will check it out at EB Games here in my town. They usually have everything you want or need. I just want the full experience and like I said I think its worth spending some money on the game I support it and love it.

Ironhide
08-05-2014, 08:12 PM

I would not say he's as welcome as a poopy sandwich, the guy made a mistake, worded his post wrong, as he's stated several times sense. Time to stop and give him a break.

The only thing I'd ask him to do is switch to a different spanner. The one with the shield is annoying to everyone. Just think 12 people all in a small section trying to see to aim and the shield is interfering with multiply that orange shield by twelve and you have a serious orange mess to see through. There are other spaners with single target lock on, and some boast a 0.0 charge, which means the damage portion never needs reloaded. Find one of those and use it. You still can do single player spot heals, and have infinite energy for damage, all without that annoying shield.

CommanderPayne
08-05-2014, 08:13 PM
My Ego is at 4,300. Yes, fairly new to this game but a very experienced and older player. Like I said I guess I lucked out on the mastery roll. I usually do come in 1st to 3rd in major events though. I switch to my heavy weapon for the power shot all the time though. Of course.

CommanderPayne
08-05-2014, 08:13 PM
Yup... What he said..

Durva360
08-05-2014, 08:15 PM
and in case your wondering way to tell if someone is vet, is if their join date is mar 2013 Someone can be a vet without ever coming to the forums....

WARDNUKE
Annnnd with that I'm out. Time to surf the web and wait for a server to upload.

CommanderPayne
I agree with everyone. I was speaking to the FTP players complaining not people that are veterans or have paid to play. Sometime the complaints are exactly what is needed to help build a better game. Just sayin.

Go Team Evolution......

Just sayin again...

Dandrielas
08-05-2014, 08:16 PM
Someone can be a vet without ever coming to the forums....

I would say they are experts, but not a vet. A vet in my mind has to have been on the forums and the game.

Smiit
08-05-2014, 08:17 PM
I feel sorry for you CommanderPayne. Now you know how some of these people are. Once they get even a little stirred up or offended by something they immediately describe the person as a noob. Its sad really. Just because some people joined the forums later or use different weapons or have their own opinions does not make them a bad or new player. It does not change how much knowledge they have of the game. Nor does it change their opinion. To some people like me I look at some of these posts and go... wow what a ****.

Griffix8
08-05-2014, 08:17 PM
My Ego is at 4,300. Yes, fairly new to this game but a very experienced and older player. Like I said I guess I lucked out on the mastery roll. I usually do come in 1st to 3rd in major events though. I switch to my heavy weapon for the power shot all the time though. Of course.
Again you are getting points from "teamwork" without actually contributing damage. Its...essentially a cheap way of getting the top score. Its easy to get a high score from BMGs and Infectors....

Tinjor
08-05-2014, 08:18 PM
kinda funny I have never seen wardnuke or warnuke at any event what platform you play on again

CommanderPayne
08-05-2014, 08:19 PM
Changed my original comment. I back up veterans complaints and opinions because they are valid... I meant to say that new players that have NOT paid should not complain. Sorry about that but I back Veteran's up always..

Alastar
I'm gonna say this in the nicest way possible. Come anywhere near me with that BMG and I'm gonna take it from you and beat you with it. IDC if there's a warmaster sneaking up behind me :p

EDIT: Just because someone's a vet doesn't mean they know what they're talking about or that their complaint is valid either lol.

Griffix8
kinda funny I have never seen wardnuke or warnuke at any event what platform you play on again
Assume PC cause PC is the only one F2P.

CommanderPayne
08-05-2014, 08:21 PM
I have got a lot of good feedback on the issue of paying for DLC.. I will only get what I need or want. I just want to feel a full experience and hell I think it's worth spending some money on to support. I really wish I had started playing this game a long time ago..

gettingsickofyourcrap
08-05-2014, 08:22 PM
You know, I paid for the game as well, and already spent money on the dlc packs, for as much money as everyone has already spent, you would think that the game is or could be a little more polished. The reason why people are complaining as you will soon find out, is the timed out servers, the system crashes, and the servers not being available for prolonged periods of time like it is today. I bought some bits back in 2013, because I like the game too. Personally I was disappointed today because I hasd the day off and I wanted to devote atleast 4 hours to ranking my ego, because it's really a slow process as any veteran of playing this game will ever tell you. I only get one day off a week if not none at all some weeks.

So, basically telling me not to ***** about free to play is as about as useless as that french fry between your legs you call your manhood.

No one is trolling forums to ***** and whine as you put it.

We're checking the server status updates because there isn't any other reliable source.

You're an !d!iot.

That gioes without saying because the latter part of your post about collecting loot, and how to play the game, you're preaching to the choir. I frankly didn't want them to go free to play honestly. Because look at the issues that are already surfacing currently today in Redwood shores. Going free to play has nothing to do with the long list of complaints I have about this game, or for the many other people out there who have been loyal customers and fans of the game. People who actually paid instead of some ****** bag talking about "spending money on the dlc packs in the future....." Most of the DLC packs are for free anyways. And are probably going to be available when they do go free to play.

Because they went free to play, the rest of us who spent money on this game have to suffer for something none of us wanted in the first place.

Griffix8
08-05-2014, 08:23 PM
I have got a lot of good feedback on the issue of paying for DLC.. I will only get what I need or want. I just want to feel a full experience and hell I think it's worth spending some money on to support. I really wish I had started playing this game a long time ago..
If you are going to buy the DLC just don't buy 7th Legion at the very least....its a RNG lockbox with ok gear all for 10 bucks.

snip
Calm down, Payne's post wasn't directed at the people who paid for the game if that is what you're mad about.

Clegane
08-05-2014, 08:23 PM
LOL at this thread and all its comments, I am new. :D Should not have overlooked this game like a derp.

@Chump Norris Trailer Park Boys FTW! "Samsquanch!"

Oh I am in :D GO FUN!

konstantinov
08-05-2014, 08:25 PM
Changed my original comment. I back up veterans complaints and opinions because they are valid... I meant to say that new players that have NOT paid should not complain. Sorry about that but I back Veteran's up always..

Because you admitted fault, I'd actually help you out ingame.

CommanderPayne
08-05-2014, 08:26 PM
Well, they are right I did come across the wrong way in my original post. LOL. It's all on me. But I changed the original post. Basically all I meant to say was New Players shouldn't complain. But I always felt that veterans and ppl that have paid good money have every right to complain or express their opinions. I may be new to the this game but I am 40 and have been a PC Gamer since the Original Wolfenstein and Doom. Sometimes complains are justified and exactly what is needed in forums for programmers to see/read. Yes, I am new to the forum but my feeling DO NOT get hurt. I was NOT trying to stir anything up but in the future I wil definitely comment with care. lol.

Ironhide
08-05-2014, 08:27 PM
Cut the guy some slack, if you read past the initial post he has seen his error, reworded his post and said that vets of the game are right. Lay off the poor guy. At first I was offended too, but I can also take a step back and breathe. I think this topic has run its course and mods if you please lock it before Commander gets burnt at the stake.

Tinjor
08-05-2014, 08:28 PM
CommanderPayne you said you was going to check with EB which is fine but if you have a gamestop near you that might be a better choice or do the 5 dlc for the 40 bucks that is what I did only took a few sec. relog into launcher and it weas ready to play

Three Dog
08-05-2014, 08:52 PM

So a new player has no right to complain about problems that others who have paid complain about. That`s a brilliant way to think. So only people who have paid got the right to ***** about the broken and underhanded **** we have to deal with on a daily basis. Makes perfect sense.

I myself have only been playing a little over two months and that was long enough for me to realize what direction this train wreck of a game is heading. Timeouts, bugged quests, bugged weapons, bugged events, issues not getting addressed, loot being redone and changed to try and ensure arkforge sales, weapon upgrade cost increased, keycode costs increased, lockboxes with junk in them, and more.

I think once you play for another month or so, you`ll be raging as much as everyone else.

Chump Norris
08-05-2014, 09:10 PM
-snip-

@Chump Norris Trailer Park Boys FTW! "Samsquanch!"

Oh I am in :D GO FUN!

http://i.imgur.com/TxdobYJ.gif

Its probably a ten footer by the looks of that stuff.

ichiro071
08-05-2014, 09:11 PM
umm Free 2 play? oh wait I'm on xbox

Clegane
08-05-2014, 09:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/TxdobYJ.gif

Its probably a ten footer by the looks of that stuff.

LooooooooL!

drackiller
08-06-2014, 12:16 AM
Here is another FREE tip for all players. The best weapon in my collection is without a doubt HANDS DOWN the VOT SPANNER PROTECTOR. Probably the most Underrated weapon in the game. :(CLAN: TEAM EVOLUTION):cool::cool::cool: New Players Welcome...
CommanderPayne
Just for this comment here i think that you are trolling us, that is the most hated weapon from all the players that cares to play the game decentelly.
That weapon is a cancer that should already been removed from the game.

drackiller
08-06-2014, 12:33 AM
Someone can be a vet without ever coming to the forums....

So true...
And i have a doubt, so people who are here since April are not vets!? lol

Ps: the question isn`t for you of course Durva.

drackiller
08-06-2014, 12:35 AM
Cut the guy some slack, .

Yeah...i start reading threads by the beggining and when i saw the part about the spanner protector i went a little mad.

But i also read ALL the thread and the guy retracted himself.

crazyged
08-06-2014, 12:51 AM
I'm still musing about "Vot Spanner Protector"... Those and Volge weapons are my favorite at events... NOT!

But I'll take your protector and raise you my Needler - now THAT is an event winner!

Tiasmoon
08-06-2014, 01:04 AM

No i disagree with that. The responses have been relatively civil.
Even considering how obvious it is that the OP is a mole. Doesnt have enough experience in that area to avoid being seen through that easily i guess.
Start full of hostile then backoff and make yourself sound really civil, while not actually refuting any arguments or changing what you said?

Really? Thats like the basic of the basic of argumentation. Get better at your job OP.

ejester
08-06-2014, 03:35 AM
Man, for all the NEW players trolling these forums finding absolutely anything and everything to complain and whine about, if you don't like it go find another game as good as or as big as or as FREE as this one. The amount of content and gameplay you actually get for not spending a dime is crazy.

I'm not a newbie, or a f2p player, but I honestly stopped reading after this bit right at the start.

it completely invalidates everything you have to say afterwards IMHO.

There are NUMEROUS games out there that offer a great deal more content, in a much better package at no cost. I can think of 4 games right off the top of my head, and another half dozen that require an initial purchase (of 20$ or less investment) to get started.

People SHOULD be complaining and screaming and yelling and throwing burning refuse at the devs for how much they have tanked this title. This last patch really showcasing just how badly a dev team can screw up a game in a single patch.

It's kiss arse fanboi posts like this that make people (including the staff) think everything is A-OK in fantasy land, when it couldn't be further from the truth.

ColonelJack
08-06-2014, 07:19 AM
What costs $150 next week?

SilverWF
08-06-2014, 07:28 AM
The best weapon in my collection is without a doubt HANDS DOWN the VOT SPANNER PROTECTOR.

Facepalmed hard...

Tyrannos
08-06-2014, 05:57 PM
Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

While we understand that it is frustrating to read negative posts and threads, creating threads to "reply" to or otherwise discuss these threads is not constructive and typically results in more disruption.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to PM a member of the Community Team.

Thank you!