PDA

View Full Version : Corporate Espionage Lockbox

TriGlav 2000
08-05-2014, 08:30 PM
It costs 1.000.000 scrip !!!!

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-mnqh2Do_LXs/U-GihBJay6I/AAAAAAAABBE/7rTNWEgjdxU/w800-h600-no/New%2Blocbox.bmp

Kristopher0309
08-05-2014, 08:31 PM
lotta scrip

Piers
08-05-2014, 08:32 PM
It cost's 1.000.000 scrip !!!!

Does it guarantee a hundred legendaries and twenty or more outfits???

Midori Oku
08-05-2014, 08:42 PM
What........the..........****? That's extremely stupid, especially if you're not guaranteed outfits.

Chump Norris
08-05-2014, 08:45 PM
Damn and they put it in the regular box vendor?

I better be careful when playing drunk on laggy nights..

Big Jack Shepard
08-05-2014, 08:47 PM
I really hope that this is a joke thread.

Nefarious
08-05-2014, 08:47 PM
I think they added a zero lol.

I know that the new Corporate boxes will be in the store after a period of time and these new lock boxes will be swapped out with new ones eventually. But these new Synergies, can we get them on random weapons and shields or just through this lock box?

IcecuebPAL
08-05-2014, 08:48 PM
Damn and they put it in the regular box vendor?

I better be careful when playing drunk on laggy nights..

This x100. I have accidentally bought tier 2 boxes and keys before. I have over 1 million scrip too. This is dangerous.

Ruinne
08-05-2014, 08:48 PM
Four blues and a kiss.

That's my bet.

That's one expensive luck-box.

Someone needs to buy a few.

TalynOne
08-05-2014, 08:49 PM
Yeah, of course they put in that change last minute without letting PTS people see it. It costs $5 in the bit store. They just want people buying it and are making it prohibitive to do it using in game currency. They might as well make it 5 trillion script.

IcecuebPAL
08-05-2014, 08:49 PM

It's not. I was just on (server crashed) and I saw it.

Ruinne
08-05-2014, 08:50 PM

People keep saying that on these forums...

Nefarious
08-05-2014, 08:52 PM

No its true. A million scrip. Put it this way though, you can buy these lock boxes now with Scrip which will otherwise cost bits later.

But I do think a million is to much. It alienates a lot of players in hopes to buy them, then again it can be looked at as something special for Veteran players who have the scrip to spend. As a Veteran player myself Im passing up on buying this. Out of all the outfits that one could get I only really like 2 and even then there is no guarantee that I will even get a outfit piece. Not worth throwing away a Mil scrip on imo.

Alastar
08-05-2014, 08:52 PM
That can't be right. There's just no way XD not even they can think that's a good idea

ironcladtrash
08-05-2014, 08:54 PM
WTF. Again they didn't learn there lesson with prices. They had to reimburse everyone when the legendary blade was a couple hundred K and they think this is acceptable? I know some vets may have scrip to burn but I only have 1.5 million.

Seriously starting at 0 scrip earning 1 million is going to take weeks and/or months. If it goes to the bit store quickly you'll never be able to buy one which is probably the point.

Midori Oku
08-05-2014, 08:55 PM
Can Kiwi, or someone please give us some info on this?

Big Jack Shepard
08-05-2014, 08:56 PM
WTF. Again they didn't learn there lesson with prices. They had to reimburse everyone when the legendary blade was a couple hundred K and they think this is acceptable? I know some vets may have scrip to burn but I only have 1.5 million.

Seriously starting at 0 scrip earning 1 million is going to take weeks and/or months. If it goes to the bit store quickly you'll never be able to buy one which is probably the point. I can't buy one. I have 350k on my toon that I have been playing since day one.

Bonehead
08-05-2014, 08:59 PM

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/giphy_zpsa697a31a.gif

Bonehead
08-05-2014, 09:00 PM
I can't buy one. I have 350k on my toon that I have been playing since day one.

I won't but one.

ConcreteSnake
08-05-2014, 09:01 PM
Look at the price difference on PTS.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?169804-2.200-Silicon-Valley-New-Lockbox

I thought to myself "hey 50 keys, 25k salvage, and 12.5k scrip ain't bad for what you can get. Also the f2p users can have this as their tier 4 lockbox of new goodies"

well I was wrong.

Big Jack Shepard
08-05-2014, 09:03 PM

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?169804-2.200-Silicon-Valley-New-Lockbox

I thought to myself "hey 50 keys, 25k salvage, and 12.5k scrip ain't bad for what you can get. Also the f2p users can have this as their tier 4 lockbox of new goodies"

well I was wrong.

So, its not an accident.

ironcladtrash
08-05-2014, 09:04 PM

well I was wrong.

25K is more reasonable for a very unique box, 1 million is stupid.

ConcreteSnake
08-05-2014, 09:06 PM
So, its not an accident.

just like the key code price change. I feel they left the stuff out they knew they were gonna receive backlash for because a price change doesn't need to be tested.

Alastar
08-05-2014, 09:08 PM
So much for my argument that they couldn't possibly have thought that was a good idea. My bad y'all :confused:

Dandrielas
08-05-2014, 09:09 PM
just like the key code price change. I feel they left the stuff out they knew they were gonna receive backlash for because a price change doesn't need to be tested.

Luckily, I have my two favorite weapons already, so all I have to do now is keep the level the same as mine. No need to buy any more of those.

Big Jack Shepard
08-05-2014, 09:13 PM
just like the key code price change. I feel they left the stuff out they knew they were gonna receive backlash for because a price change doesn't need to be tested.I'm just kinda blown away right now by how badly this company handles its business, even after all that I've seen before today.

Stubin
08-05-2014, 09:13 PM

Yeah. Completely worthless. Just for some stinkin outfits and weapons that will be nerfed or they come out of the box stinking.

OttawaREDBLACKS
08-05-2014, 09:17 PM
damn trion is really lowballing the value of scrip here, $5 of bits for an item that costs 1m.

ConcreteSnake
08-05-2014, 09:20 PM
So upon further inspection I see cost 48 keys and 1,000,000 scrip. Yet I can buy it in the bit store for 400 bits......which is the same bit cost of a tier 4 lockbox (which costs 64 keys and 3,000 scrip)

Alastar
08-05-2014, 09:22 PM
And the vendor resale value of what comes outta the box is probably around 2k scrip if you're lucky. Whoop whoop :p

Chump Norris
08-05-2014, 09:22 PM
It has to be a mistake..this seems to crazy even for Tri**.

Midori Oku
08-05-2014, 09:24 PM
I really hope they added an extra zero by mistake. I would be happy with 100k as the cost. However, it would be even better if it was lower than that. :P

Bonehead
08-05-2014, 09:25 PM
It has to be a mistake..this seems to crazy even for Tri**.

Maybe it's a typo? You know, like the shields?

Big Jack Shepard
08-05-2014, 09:26 PM
It has to be a mistake..this seems to crazy even for Tri**.They'll have to take out two zeroes before I'm interested.

Chump Norris
08-05-2014, 09:26 PM

:( those take about a year to fix.

ConcreteSnake
08-05-2014, 09:27 PM

copy-paste error?

Alastar
08-05-2014, 09:28 PM
Idk. What better way to sell than have an in game currency price outta the park then offer us the same package for a measly 400 bits :p

Xaat Xuun
08-05-2014, 09:28 PM

Seriously starting at 0 scrip earning 1 million is going to take weeks and/or months. If it goes to the bit store quickly you'll never be able to buy one which is probably the point.I can't buy one. I have 350k on my toon that I have been playing since day one.
I've only been around since 1 march this year, and just past 300k Scrip
what you get from these boxes, still would not justify 100k price tag
I really hope that was a typo on the prices and will be fixed

I was looking forward to my chances of getting a Hurricane Contender w/ 'the way of change' (http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii601/XaatXuun/Theway_zpscdb17f17.jpg) Synergy to more complete my Melee loadout (better then the one in the image link, of course ;) )
that's not going to happen now

Midori Oku
08-05-2014, 09:32 PM
I've only been around since 1 march this year, and just past 300k Scrip
what you get from these boxes, still would not justify 100k price tag
I really hope that was a typo on the prices and will be fixed

I was looking forward to my chances of getting a Hurricane Contender w/ 'the way of change' (http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii601/XaatXuun/Theway_zpscdb17f17.jpg) Synergy to more complete my Melee loadout (better then the one in the image link, of course ;) )
that's not going to happen now

A 100k lockbox is far better than 1mil for a lockbox.

Xaat Xuun
08-05-2014, 09:50 PM
just based on the 3 boxes I did buy in PTS . .
I would had spent 3 mil scrip . . and not get anything I could use, though I did keep the OJ crash Boomer, (http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii601/XaatXuun/OJFRCCRUSHBOOMER_zps5a76711e.jpg) just to see If I like it, and I don't
Blues are worthless now days if Encrypted, only good for maybe 200 levels, one just hopes they can get a replacement drop.
AF is too expensive to upkeep a blue encrypted Rating, when you have Epics to maintain already
these boxes are not worth 100k .. maybe 50k

Zombie Stark
08-05-2014, 10:00 PM

WTF TRION.... That's all that comes to mind with this craziness.

OrpheusXI
08-05-2014, 10:00 PM
I wouldn't buy it still even if it was HALF that lol.

Faelx
08-05-2014, 10:03 PM
http://s17.postimg.org/nfa9n05i7/Untitled.png

This is just LOL. Seems my characters on live server never get all those nice outfits. So be it. Trion's game, Trion's rules. I'll just wait until they come to their senses if this will ever happen of course.

rosetta_cd_29A
08-05-2014, 10:07 PM
Well, i started playing a month ago and have been a millionaire for a few days now, up and down as i bought mods but also i have no life. If it was a guarantee that i got the outfit i wanted i might pay 1M scrip, i don't know...
$5 is way easier than 1 million scrip but regardless i will never spend either on a gamble.

i was planning on taking all that scrip to Antarctica !

Xaat Xuun
08-05-2014, 10:15 PM
i was planning on taking all that scrip to Antarctica !
not a bad idea .. might just have to do that

rosetta_cd_29A
08-05-2014, 10:19 PM
Maybe it's just a myth, but i have to see it for myself...

OverDoneOne
08-05-2014, 10:19 PM
Those are elite weapon boxes for the elite money players.

Now get real here its an FTP game now, what you never heard that you get what you pay for.

I bought 8 of them just to get a full set of every weapon synergy and the outfits aren't bad, I was surprised.

JadedSinn
08-05-2014, 10:23 PM
as of the moment i logedi n tonight till i was crited out and couldnt log back in .

i have stoped bying lockboxs and probaly will never get another keycode agine

on a little side note. encripted items sell for al ittle more then there unencripted brothers and sisters.

i think what trion was attempting to do. was to compinsate for the messup with in game currancy thay made when thay incorparated the price scaling up on encripted items. some items mainly ojs go for al ittle more then thy normaly would.

its a minor fail on there part. for also asumming that vet players or even a new playetr would have that kind of scrip. unless there droping triple digits from ark falls and incersions. no one in this game is going to be makeing that kind of in game cash

not without boosts and even then. thay will only see a fraction of what thy need to buy 10 keys. witch to me is worthless. even farming keys from incersions and arkfalls . at this point. has become a waist of time.

like i said on another thread.

ill keep playing. in hopes trion fixes this.

SymbolicGamer
08-05-2014, 10:27 PM
Trion please say this a mistake. Remember when you thought the Thorn Liro vendor pricing was too much? This is absolutely crazy.

Belle Starr
08-05-2014, 10:31 PM
I'll probably buy one at least. I have 8 1/2 million script and nothing to spend it on. I pick up everything and sell everything. I have the cars and weapons I want, at least those I can just buy. :)

But new outfits *sigh* I'll take a chance on that! :D

Script is not real money, so I'm not wasting anything, and I can always pick up more stuff to sell, so why not! :p

Yrkul
08-05-2014, 10:31 PM
One million.....

Here. Let me find a proper response for this. Ah, yes...

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/90842/rofl.gif

And here I thought you couldn't do any worse. I don't... I can't even get mad anymore. I'm numb.

Chump Norris
08-05-2014, 10:32 PM
http://davidkanigan.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/owl-funny-gif.gif?w=600&h=338

Come on Kiwi swoop in and tell us its a mistake.

Faelx
08-05-2014, 10:32 PM
Those are elite weapon boxes for the elite money players.
So why those "elite boxes" give blue crap? I bought one and get nothing "elite" from this, just a bunch of shtako.
I would not mind to buy an outfit at a reasonable price but I refuse to spend real or vitrual money on a such overpriced shtako box.

jimpugh
08-05-2014, 10:37 PM
I did several ark falls a total of 4 or 5 keys and 1 ark forge .....

Did top out my toon at 5900 in this short time I was already 5881 so 15 and 5 put me over....

With the reward system see very little reason to play at all .....

Already have most weapons I will ever need over 300 orange's ....

plenty cores guess I will just grind faction ....

they are that greedy guy they said they would not become to bad .... could made real money if they had not cut the goose that lays the golden eggs head off .....with customer.... base... procedures ...... sell for $20.00 dollars sell a thousand .........sell for $2.00 sell 4 million

you just cant fix stupid...

happy Trails
Panheadjim

Nefarious
08-05-2014, 10:39 PM
I really don't know what to make of this decision along with the newly added others. They are all very drastic changes from what things once were. Im trying to think why all this was decided to be.

I think the new boxes should be 100k and not a million.. even then if it was a 100k the same reactions would be made though. In the end Trion is giving players the opportunity to buy Lock Boxes thats in the bit store for Scrip. Now is that worth a million scrip? idk. But Im willing to bet that they can look at all the players who have millions of scrip, and I bet its a lot. Which probably made the idea of making the Corporate Espionage Lockbox a million scrip a easy decision.

We know the reason being"improving the overall item chase of Defiance.". But whats the detail reason behind hiking the scrip cost of so many things and lowering the rewards?

With Encryption and the rise in prices for things it looks to be that they are aiming to fix the economy of the game. Players have 100k+ to millions of scrip with nothing to spend it on. And when they do there is nothing to put a dent in their Scrip Wallets. Anything you spend Scrip to buy from the game can be made back very quick. Its feels like you never spend Scrip at all considering on how fast you make it and how little things cost. The amount of Scrip many of us have make the items bought feel like they cost pennies instead of dollars. Very very very rarely have I ever felt the need to weigh the option in spending Scrip or not as Im sure many others felt this same sense to.

The game never really had a Market in itself. The game has always just been there to provide items to players easily and cheaply and then let the players decided to put value on these things to sell themselves. And the value set on things became absurd along with these items being in abundance.

For once players are going to have to spend Scrip to make Scrip. Before it was buy a lock box for a few thousand scrip and then sell an item from it for 200-300k and make crazy profits contrary the chance it took to buy it in the first place. Buying to sell was a nearly no fail option. Scoring big is going to be rare now.

The inventory of current player items on the market will soon dry up which will eventually leave Legendary tier items to finally take its role back as being scarce because of Encryption. Unencrypted Epics will be very sought out and even Unencrypted Blue tier weapons to an extent. They will be truly on top of the market where they should be.

The rise in Key cost is to plug some flood holes in buying lock boxes which is the only other chance of getting Ojs and Unencrypted Epics outside of events. If players want a chance to score top end loot to claim or sell then they can up their chances on buying keys to buy lockboxes. Things are actually being made worth while to get and have instead of being expected and a given.

Valgmorgan
08-05-2014, 10:42 PM
1m script for that lockbox either loose a zero, lower it to 100k script. - 50k script... - 25k script...where's this extra money coming from...Our paygrade doesn't increase the pay out; when we level up the ego rating.
Reputation seems redundant in it self, there's no price reductions from factions. Prices stay the same. Lockboxes tied to a delusional market team. The keycodes are now a pain to aquire; not buying' them from the vendor-check. Estimate time of gaining the amount to purchase with 1-3 months based on a persons' play style.

--Now do you want 1 or 2 lumps? <pulls out frying pan>--

brute
08-05-2014, 10:43 PM
i bought one got a orange no nano magnum a blue ranger a blue rebel shield and a blue tacc auto pistol no outfits they all did have the new syns tho.

Armitage Solar
08-05-2014, 10:43 PM
Well there is some good news out of all this scrip pricing nonsense...

The drops now are mainly whites and greens and since they have initiated encryption, players should be noticing their scrip balance climbing dramatically. (due to selling everything that is not purple).

IgotUlolZ
08-05-2014, 10:46 PM
Next step , selling scrip on bit store.

Yrkul
08-05-2014, 10:52 PM
Next step , selling scrip on bit store.
No. Next step is making it so hard to get high enough scores in arenas, hotshots, rampages and time trials, that you need to buy score boosters to finish pursuits.

nexx
08-05-2014, 10:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQrp8MZ0TFo&feature=youtu.be

Here I showcase the amazing loot you receive from the new Corporate Espionage Lockboxes.

ConcreteSnake
08-05-2014, 11:00 PM

Here I showcase the amazing loot you receive from the new Corporate Espionage Lockboxes.

5 blues with no chance to make legendary that cost 1 mil, wow

Belle Starr
08-05-2014, 11:02 PM

OK, you convinced me, I am NOT going to spend my script on that rip-off, even though I don't have anything else to spend it on. But I so wanted a new outfit... :(

nexx
08-05-2014, 11:03 PM

Yep, I figured why not drop the 1 mil since this game is dead to me. This just knocked the final proverbial nail into the coffin that is Defiance.

DeadEye68
08-05-2014, 11:06 PM

The more fulfilling chase just became full-emptying.

Milkweed
08-05-2014, 11:08 PM
Yep, this game is dead to me too. Giant ripoff just outside the bounds of a lawsuit from those that paid for the full game and season pass. Or is it ?

JadedSinn
08-05-2014, 11:11 PM
oh did every one also forget now on sale or soon on sale in the bit store . YOU CAN NOE BUY REPUTATION FOR ALL FACTIONS

no more haveing to grind out your faction weejklys now for the low low price of XXXX you can buy the reputation that all the vet players have spent the last year grinding out by hand and earning as intended.

trinons cattering to the noobs. and not cattering to there vets. we are worthless yet agine. and now the game is comeing to a Pay to win mantality. that will in the end. drive away all the vets. keep the whailes and alow so many poor suckers i mean poor newbes to come in and replace every one that was once here on the forums.

sigh.

i want my buy to play back. like the game was origanly.
i want my scrip that i grind out each day to buy my keys with to be worth something. now its worth nothing. i cant even aford to buy one key let alone 10.

this game just became pay to win. and i dont like games that are pay to win. ill be playing like almost every one else. ill come on do my dailys and log off. no need to grind anymore. i have nothing to " chase " no need to work at anything anymore. i have no need to grind.

Lucent
08-05-2014, 11:12 PM

Really, all you can do is laugh at nonsense like that.

The choices in this game....

TriGlav 2000
08-05-2014, 11:16 PM
Everyone who bought this box, please open a ticket to get your million back.

Bonehead
08-05-2014, 11:17 PM
One million scrip?

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090506185112/uncyclopedia/images/f/fa/Dr_evil_one_million_dollars.jpg

Deunan
08-05-2014, 11:17 PM
trinons cattering to the noobs. and not cattering to there vets.This statement is misinformed and unnecessarily divisive. Trion is not catering to the new players. Trion is targeting the same kind of players it has always targeted for its Bit Store, big spenders with deep pockets, at the expense of the normal enjoyment of a non-dysfunctional game. It will capture some of those players from the new players but it already has them among the players that have been around longer as well.

Kuurong
08-05-2014, 11:21 PM
I had the Bits laying around so I decided to open up 3 boxes, got two purples and the rest where all blues.. But I did get an outfit. Going to try and get a good picture of it.

Bonehead
08-05-2014, 11:24 PM
oh did every one also forget now on sale or soon on sale in the bit store . YOU CAN NOE BUY REPUTATION FOR ALL FACTIONS

Here it is. I wonder how much rep you get per purchase?

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/2014-08-05_00004_zps10ba2aa1.jpg

Chump Norris
08-05-2014, 11:27 PM
Here it is. I wonder how much rep you get per purchase?

-picture removed to save space-

I think it said 100 rep when I checked. I am re-patching trying to fix the black zone chat text.

Kuurong
08-05-2014, 11:28 PM
I think it said 100 rep when I checked. I am re-patching trying to fix the black zone chat text.

It is 100 Rep per box.

Bonehead
08-05-2014, 11:38 PM
seems kind of spendy but oh well.

drackiller
08-05-2014, 11:44 PM
Well i made a promise to my self not to comment TRION decisions anymore...they are so far gone.

And i don`t care anymore. I can handle the glitchs and the server problems but this...

I`ll play in a daily basis to get my rewards just like i did during the Alpha and Beta of Destiny.

This could have been one of the BEST games of the decade, starting to be something else.

Kuurong
08-05-2014, 11:55 PM
http://i58.tinypic.com/2sb51j9.jpg

Based off of the Color Scheme and the 2 Daggers along the waist in back I think this is the special 7th Legion outfit from the boxes. (Also sorry in advanced for poor quality if it is hard to see.)

Lorchra
08-06-2014, 01:17 AM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-mnqh2Do_LXs/U-GihBJay6I/AAAAAAAABBE/7rTNWEgjdxU/w800-h600-no/New%2Blocbox.bmpWell, it's nice to see that they indicated the actual value of the box after the second comma (but I still think a single zero would have sufficed).

Apparently the target group of this game is the rich and dumb. Now, the high society small talk will be like:

Rich Guy 1: "Well, I was kinda bored so I bought like ten Armani Suits, a new Zonda Pagani, and a custom-made platinum Vertu Constellation smart phone..."
Rich Guy 2: "That's sooooo last year... I bought a Corporate Espionage Lockbox in Defiance".
Rich Guy 1: "Ohhhh....."

TremerChrist
08-06-2014, 01:39 AM

This is just LOL. Seems my characters on live server never get all those nice outfits. So be it. Trion's game, Trion's rules. I'll just wait until they come to their senses if this will ever happen of course.

*** the box, did you see the price for keys? I thought we done and had this shat happen before. ******* they don't want peaple playing this game.

Can't believe peaple said Destiny would kill this game. Looks like Trinots going to do it themselves.

jackdaws_1999
08-06-2014, 02:04 AM
A friend just bought one, he got 2 craptastic Blues not worth a mention (both encrapted), an epic Disruptor with double accuracy recoil stowed weapon, and an epic afflictor double reload recoil stowed weapon... Both encrapted. He got No outfit, No arkforge. He isnt very happy... especially as that was 1/3rd of his money evaporated into the mists of time...

Still, at least he only bought 10 keys from the lockbox to get that, imagine if he had bought all 48 :)

Trion special...

sorry typo there, meant to say Trion's Special... with a lisp.

PimplyPete
08-06-2014, 02:09 AM
Guys there's a logical explanation for all this. Trion is trying to make people quit so they can have a reason to shut down the servers for the game. Don't let them succeed, keep playing and pursue that "longer more fulfilling chase". *Insert sarcasm :rolleyes:

Chump Norris
08-06-2014, 02:12 AM
Guys there's a logical explanation for all this. Trion is trying to make people quit so they can have a reason to shut down the servers for the game. Don't let them succeed, keep playing and pursue that "longer more fulfilling chase". *Insert sarcasm :rolleyes:

This game is like a bad car accident.

Its really terrible but I cant look away.

Johnny Gatt
08-06-2014, 02:21 AM
The photo of the corporate espionage box was not a joke. I saw it myself in the lockbox vendor. I heard it was dropping greens. I did not buy one myself because a million scrip gets a really decent oj from another player.
Trion needs to understand the perception of value and what it means to the consumer. By the way, players are consumers and they wield considerable power when a company fails to stay relevent and/or alienates them in this highly competitive market. Someone at Trion needs to take a few minutes and read the latest Gallup polls on consumer spending trends. Maybe then they can understand why people are so upset.

Johnny Gatt
08-06-2014, 02:27 AM
I have been playing for a year and I am starting to think the same way. It almost seems as though they are deliberately antagonizing their customer base. Who else insults their customer base and expects to remain profitable? I think they want to close down and re-direct assets to Rift.

ColapsN7
08-06-2014, 02:32 AM
patch 2.201

Corporate Espionage Lockbox
360 bits <~> 75.000 script 45 key

norm .

Random Gamer
08-06-2014, 02:45 AM
I got a few boxes, blue weapons with those new synergy types. Nothing of real interest.

"Almost on the verge of finishing all my Scrip... I was hypnotized, mindless, overcoming greed for the final price... a little bird sound woke me up from my actions, that pure sound, mostly annoying... And there in front of me, the box of evil, glancing with greed. I woke from that illusion, no bird to be seen. Undesirable outcome, no price, but happy to be alive with a hole in my pocket".

Faelx
08-06-2014, 02:46 AM
patch 2.201

Corporate Espionage Lockbox
360 bits <~> 75.000 script 45 key

norm .

Is this a suggestion or dream or something real? I don't see any new patchnotes. On PTS this lockbox cost 50k and it was a good price.

MR RnFnR
08-06-2014, 02:50 AM
Destiny couldn't come any quicker.

jackdaws_1999
08-06-2014, 02:52 AM
Is this a suggestion or dream or something real? I don't see any new patchnotes. On PTS this lockbox cost 50k and it was a good price.

as it currently stands in game, this new lockbox is 1million scrip... the person you were quoting was being hopeful.. extremely optimistic.

Monkerlotus
08-06-2014, 03:18 AM
They made this change to get people to play Firefall.

SilverWF
08-06-2014, 03:31 AM
Lol, 1 mil scrip...
Are their lead designer becomes addict or what? Who created this price?
Lol, just LOL!

ColapsN7
08-06-2014, 03:36 AM
Lol, 1 mil scrip...
Are their lead designer becomes addict or what? Who created this price?
Lol, just LOL!

полностью стобой согласен .
я разочарован.

решают вопросы < ! bits ! > .

hiban
08-06-2014, 03:36 AM

One Million?

http://www.asianjunkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/StephenSmithROFL.gifhttp://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m41vs1uREI1r8txqq.gif

OMG! Trion logic strikes again!

SilverWF
08-06-2014, 03:38 AM
Did you seen new reputation boxes?
100 (ONE HUNDRED) rep for 600 (540 for patrons) bits! Lol! Who will buy it? Addicts?

полностью стобой согласен .
я разочарован.

< ! bits ! >
Да, ппц, была норм игра и на тебе...

Yrkul
08-06-2014, 03:42 AM
They made this change to get people to play Firefall.
Took another spin in my mammoth frame. It was glorious. :)

ColapsN7
08-06-2014, 03:47 AM
Поживем — увидим

етака 10 или 40 дней.

RextintorZ
08-06-2014, 04:42 AM
It's all about the Defiance Store for Trion now. F*** the regular players, they want the rich players.

jackdaws_1999
08-06-2014, 04:49 AM
I have finally figured it out... the corporate espionage box is actually made by a rival MMO company, the problems trion have had with Defiance is nothing to do with poor programming, the player|developer disconnect, and a lack of direction, all our problems are due to some nasty corporate espionage taking place within the gaming community in an attempt to sully the name of our great and wonderful saviour Trick "Grenades" Dempsey.... All Hain the all father, all hail "GRENADES DEMPSEY"!

Or Not.

Smokey Greenleaf
08-06-2014, 04:53 AM
the lockboxes aren't worth buying in the first place. the weapons are the same junk that have existed in the game from day one, almost always 4 blue quality drops, and the synergies SUCK. they used the 7th legion theme which requires you to match both weapons and your shield to that synergy to get any bonuses at all, and the only one that seems slightly feasible is wetwork (which provides armor penetration) they sold on the test server for 50 keycodes, 10K ark salvage, and 10K scrip, and even then it was still a huge ripoff.

mr8liner
08-06-2014, 04:57 AM
All I have to say is that ON-ONE should buy anything from the store at all.

IF we all really don't like these new changes, the only way we might be able to get them to revert back is for them to lose money.

I will go to the store and spend some money now, but it won't be Trions store and it will be another game.

Daimian
08-06-2014, 06:02 AM
Heartbroken.
10 mil worth of corp lockboxs net only one shield?
but with all the synergies available in it it could take 100 mil or more to find a working set!
I have been telling my self for months, this is a great ship, not even the Titanic could weather hitting so many icebergs, surely someone will take notice and tweak the navigation system, add some oversight...

I expected this to come in the form of arkscrap since there is an extreme abundance due to balancing issues.
Sure this isn't a mistake?!

NeuroticHitman
08-06-2014, 06:07 AM

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-mnqh2Do_LXs/U-GihBJay6I/AAAAAAAABBE/7rTNWEgjdxU/w800-h600-no/New%2Blocbox.bmp

The DISCONNECT between the company and the players grows YET AGAIN! I suppose this is in an attempt to equalize the playing field...Bring the "Haves" and the "Have Nots" a little bit closer together. What a joke!!!

Pandur
08-06-2014, 06:14 AM
Honestly some guaranteed outfits or stuff would be ok for 1 million scrip. The game could use a gold(scrip sink).
Making the random lotteries(I expect this box is one too) the scrip sinks is completely disconnected though.

N3gativeCr33p
08-06-2014, 06:17 AM

Thanks for the public service statement, sir... definitely some amazing loot showcased in that video. :rolleyes:

ColonelJack
08-06-2014, 06:23 AM
It's all about the Defiance Store for Trion now. F*** the regular players, they want the rich players.

Well I'm not rich by first world standards, but still have a fairly large potential entertainment budget, I think they're fishing for stupid as my grandpa would say, or as it has also been said:
"Gambling is a tax on those who are bad at math."

I haven't been a consistent player and haven't been keeping up, all these moves are obviously crazy, but they've even failed in other ways like having no fat Bits stipend in the monthly subscription plan, it's hard for me to believe people are actually paying for what amounts to little more than 20% boosts? They're very stingy with the Bits and it's hurting them, and they're getting desperate and sadly keep making all the wrong decisions.

People need to just stop paying real money straight up for lockboxes, I don't care if 4 oranges and a banana pop out it's not worth real money, the game is fun (read: MORE FUN) without min-maxing.

Still ... can't believe their subscription model, and how insulated and ridiculous the cash shop currency is... who in the world has been buying that stuff??

If I was in charge I'd make fast emergency changes:
Pledge to listen more and do better by the playerbase.
drop the price of things in the bit store.
add a very fat stipend of Bits to the subscriptions.
Possibly add an ingame<->Bits currency exchange and just take arkforge out of the Bit store all together to carry the change.
fix all the stuff Trion just broke, like the hearts of so many regular players with this patch.

reapermech
08-06-2014, 06:24 AM
wow 1 million scrip? seriously ! well thats an easy thing to deal with .. not buying that overpriced box will stick to tier 3 boxes after farming arkfalls. Trion what are you doing ? are you trying to push the player base to other games

Pandur
08-06-2014, 06:30 AM

Hahahahahaha...............ok ok.....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I only wonder when Trion is finally gonna announce the date when they were taken over by PWE.

ColonelJack
08-06-2014, 06:33 AM
Hahahahahaha...............ok ok.....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I only wonder when Trion is finally gonna announce the date when they were taken over by PWE.

what would that mean for archeage, this stuff actually has me a bit concerned about archeage and is helping to keep me away from it for the time being. ;p

Tallon
08-06-2014, 06:36 AM
Well, I guess it's working as intended. They didn't want us hoarding scrip and salvage so they introduce more expensive crap boxes. and then jack up the normal tier 2, 3, 4 crap boxes.
I have no intention of being herded into buying bits, and am now done buying anything with scrip and salvage.

NeuroticHitman
08-06-2014, 06:37 AM
Thanks for the public service statement, sir... definitely some amazing loot showcased in that video. :rolleyes:
Agreed! Thanks for the video nexx! What a bunch of shysters!!!

Tallon
08-06-2014, 06:43 AM
The DISCONNECT between the company and the players grows YET AGAIN! I suppose this is in an attempt to equalize the playing field...Bring the "Haves" and the "Have Nots" a little bit closer together. What a joke!!!
It looks like they are trying to eliminate the "Haves" altogether. I'm actually surprised they haven't pulled the old "Now that we are going FTP, we are resetting all accounts to 0"

NeuroticHitman
08-06-2014, 06:48 AM
It looks like they are trying to eliminate the "Haves" altogether. I'm actually surprised they haven't pulled the old "Now that we are going FTP, we are resetting all accounts to 0"

This coffin is just about completely nailed shut...

ConcreteSnake
08-06-2014, 06:59 AM
This coffin is just about completely nailed shut...

grenades, the gun patch, score system, scaling, warmaster changes......i have stayed through all of it, but this one takes the cake (the cake is a lie). Increase the in game price on everything and then take away all our rewards too? I just don't see an incentive to play this game anymore. I usually try to play 2-4 hours a night, with the new rewards systems I could grind events all night and still end up with about arkforge to reset the mastery on one gun and maybe buy one T4 lockbox, this is a joke. I really see no reason to play anymore and am quite saddened at how they chose to kill this game. Longer more fulfilling cash grab. I felt sick to my stomach last night that I didn't even make it to silicon valley, this game is dead to me now.

Kershoc
08-06-2014, 07:14 AM
grenades, the gun patch, score system, scaling, warmaster changes......i have stayed through all of it, but this one takes the cake (the cake is a lie). Increase the in game price on everything and then take away all our rewards too? I just don't see an incentive to play this game anymore. I usually try to play 2-4 hours a night, with the new rewards systems I could grind events all night and still end up with about arkforge to reset the mastery on one gun and maybe buy one T4 lockbox, this is a joke. I really see no reason to play anymore and am quite saddened at how they chose to kill this game. Longer more fulfilling cash grab. I felt sick to my stomach last night that I didn't even make it to silicon valley, this game is dead to me now.

This describes myself as well. After having tested this patch on the PTS I was looking forward to logging in last night. After I did however... All the fun was instantly sapped out of the game. I didn't even bother to run my dailies. After being a solid supporter of Trion and their game for well over a year, they finally figured out how to get me out of their camp. What is even worse... They will have lost my support for their other titles as well. Plenty of other fish in the sea.

Mosche
08-06-2014, 09:57 AM
Ok. It is really hard to understand this patch as anything but a desperate cash grab. Whoever is in charge behind this insulting patch is seriously harming the reputation of Trion. My rather fond memories of Rift are being replaced by disgust for the greed shown in this game.

Insulting your customers is NOT a good way to get them to spend money on your products.

Copperpot
08-06-2014, 10:10 AM
http://media0.giphy.com/media/jtO29JJcMO4hy/200.gif

TalynOne
08-06-2014, 10:32 AM
Scapes addresses the issue here:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?170511-Seriously!-1-000-000-scrip/page2

Yes, one million scrip. Why? We wanted to create an additional path to these weapons and their synergies for dedicated players who didn't want to purchase the Corporate Espionage Lock Box via the Bit Store.

08-06-2014, 10:35 AM

We wanted to create an additional path to these weapons and their synergies for dedicated players who didn't want to purchase the Corporate Espionage Lock Box via the Bit Store.

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/giphy4_zps57ab8f83.gif

(Thanks Bonehead :))

aCeCookie
08-06-2014, 10:42 AM
Yeah, of course they put in that change last minute without letting PTS people see it. It costs $5 in the bit store. They just want people buying it and are making it prohibitive to do it using in game currency. They might as well make it 5 trillion script.

5 trion* scrip

Spyderdragon
08-06-2014, 11:04 AM
I have been playing for a year and I am starting to think the same way. It almost seems as though they are deliberately antagonizing their customer base. Who else insults their customer base and expects to remain profitable? I think they want to close down and re-direct assets to Rift.

not rift, they are going for archeage

ColonelJack
08-06-2014, 07:08 PM
not rift, they are going for archeage

Trion doesn't have any Trion devs in on that though I thought? ArcheAge was a Korean dev and Trion was just being publisher/distributor/sales in the west?

Albion
08-06-2014, 07:52 PM

Dude, that is like every T4 lockbox I have ever opened. Even with the laughing part.

Was it that long ago that keys did not cost scrip? It sure seems like it.

jay ellis
08-06-2014, 08:10 PM
There is a threshold being crossed here and although its on par with some other crap they sell, its definitely on a new level. When they made charge blades cost a zillion scrip you couldnt buy one for 5 bucks in the bit store. This is saying "look, new synergy weps. You can either grind for 3 months to earn one box of blue crap or buy it for .5 hr work at minimum wage." There should be grinding to get gear, i have no prob with that, and even buying stuff with real $ to make it easier is ok with me. But this seems like a huge disconnect from grinding a million scrip to wasting $5 on a total piece of crap luck box with 4 junk blue birdshots and rebel contender dx's. I really appreciate the dude who bought one and put it on YouTube cause it was hilarious, but i hope its the only one they sell for a million scrip.

08-07-2014, 12:09 AM
Was it that long ago that keys did not cost scrip? It sure seems like it.

Yeah, 1 million scrip for a T4 lockbox with trash you going to breakdown anway. Logic? I think not.

Psyclown
08-07-2014, 03:35 AM
I think I am reaching over 1600 hours of play-time on Defiance, and, currently, my scrip-pile is arround 400k... Sure, I would be a millionaire if I hadn't stopped merchanting. And if I hadn't stopped picking up every white/green trash I could loot, a long time ago. Maybe, that's also why the prices have been raised so high ?

"Please pick up everything on the ground, it will help us to save servers' efficiency"...

But, this is not speciallly what drived me here. The "new synergies" did. They looked pretty appealing to me.

these new Synergies, can we get them on random weapons and shields or just through this lock box?

I haven't seen any proof of any other way of obtaining those new synergies. And THIS is way beyond irritating me.
This is just like :
"of course not, Defiance hasn't become a P2W game, you can purchase the box with in-game currencies !!!"
"How much ?"
"1000000 scrips"

I think they're fishing for stupid as my grandpa would say, or as it has also been said:
"Gambling is a tax on those who are bad at math."

I totally agree with that. I guess that's why those boxes don't sale so well (or do they? I don't think Trion would share any info on that). They might be too good at maths to impulsively purchase something on the bit store. Because 'gambling' implies 'gain' but also 'loss'...

So what choices do I have left ?
Gambling real money or gambling hard-earned scrips ?

May be you know about this guy, if you don't, you should take a look at those :

Extra Credits: Microtransactions (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXA559KNopI&list=UUCODtTcd5M1JavPCOr_Uydg)
Doing Free to Play Wrong - How Bad Monetization Harms F2P Games - Extra Credits (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhz9OXy86a0&list=UUCODtTcd5M1JavPCOr_Uydg)

Finally, I think I will just never have those new synergies items, (I have no real desire to grind scrips anymore, but I do understand some people still do and are ok with that.)

08-08-2014, 12:29 AM
I think I am reaching over 1600 hours of play-time on Defiance, and, currently, my scrip-pile is arround 400k...

You are clearly not showing enough DEDICATION. Hm, I need a meme for that.

JoshuaIsHere
08-08-2014, 09:11 AM
Yeah, 1 million scrip for a T4 lockbox with trash you going to breakdown anway.

Stupid question, but do we really need to pay one million or is there also another way to get it?

hdog111
08-08-2014, 09:20 AM
I received a street samurai outfit from the lockbox :)

kev2841
08-08-2014, 09:23 AM
I wonder if any of the devs even have 1 million scrip

08-08-2014, 09:25 AM
Stupid question, but do we really need to pay one million or is there also another way to get it?

Yes, the price is set that high so most players will be forced to pay 5 dollars for a randomized lockbox.

If you are new, if you want to spend money on Defiance, buy a DLC or more inventory. Don't gamble.

08-08-2014, 01:38 PM
While it’s a subjective, I don’t believe you are required to spend bits to enjoy the game. (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?170929-An-update-on-the-recent-reward-changes)

The news is out. Trion is perfectly fine with the situation. We just dont get the bigger picture.