PDA

View Full Version : Trion really screwed up

TalynOne
08-05-2014, 09:27 PM
There's people literally quitting the game today over the changes in pricing, keys, arkforge and encryption. My Teamspeak is just filled with frustration and anger. Good job.

Alastar
08-05-2014, 09:33 PM
Well as long as whoever their target market audience is is still paying guess it don't matter about who all quits. Not really sure who their target market audience is but wutevs :p

ironcladtrash
08-05-2014, 09:35 PM
There's people literally quitting the game today over the changes in pricing, keys, arkforge and encryption. My Teamspeak is just filled with frustration and anger. Good job.

Fantastic, and I can't even get in now til tomorrow. Of course this will just be ignored like all our other issues. We have/had some of the most devoted players left.

Deunan
08-05-2014, 09:38 PM
It does matter. The rest of us may only be viewed as props by the game developers to provide those players with a massive multiplayer experience but eventually attrition can reach a point where that environment diminishes as well and then those players also stop playing and stop spending. When the drop out rate starts dipping into that demographic of the game it can send the game into a death spiral because at that point it's usually too late to change the direction of development decisions.

OrpheusXI
08-05-2014, 09:51 PM
idk why anyone who has played more than 6 months would even bother to playanymore, esp people like me that's been here since day one. I'm done for sure, I'll be on the forums still some but not much but I don't expect to long in anytime soon. It's pointless to do anything anymore.

Stubin
08-05-2014, 09:59 PM

Yeah. Same here. Everyone really mad. Like cursing and logging out of the game and going back to other games that they played before. Giving away their script and oranges and such. Its really horrible.

I have played many games before and ones where they had really unpopular updates (NGE...........) and I have not seen or heard this much of a negative backlash. People at least held out for a bit after some of the other games horrible decisions. This one... they are just quitting.

4 people quit within the first 10 minutes of being able to log into the game. Most saying around the lines of "It's not worth it to do anything in this game."

This change alienates the casual gamer. You can't obtain weapons you want without spending months of grinding major arkfall after major arkfall to get that 5 keys for working your butt off to get above a 100k score.

They are affecting the people that tend to hang on till the end now. The diehards and casuals that make up the base of any game.

JadedSinn
08-05-2014, 10:03 PM
the moment i looked at the new lock box prices i said to my self " well there goes my reason to buy anything from lock boxes ever agine "

the prices are outragus and compleatly over priced. much like the bit store.

and yet agine for the 5th time in the last few mounths due to something that trion has done. that has messed up the game play. i have agine after almost convinceing my self to finaly get the last 3 downloads for this game. agine desided not to give them any more money.

if IF vary big on there. trion notices the drop in players buying lock boxes. maybe just maybe thay will reset the prices to what thay once where. becuse at this point. i dont see anyone buying them at all.

and i see alot of players giveing up on this game.

the hole point of lockboxes was the hunt for the unicorn in them. now. theres no more unicorns there just.. there. at this point trion is trying litterly to just save there own skins by trying to force players into the bit store inorder to save a sinking ship.

i saw this same thing happen to arctic combat. right befor the game whent under. the devs tryed to lead all players into there in game cash shop inorder to suck as much cash out of the player base as they could. 3 weeks latter. the game whent under right befor a major update. there contract canceled and the game was shut down for NA

i see bad things to come becuse of this change. lots of bad things. and normaly when i get a bad feeling. i am never wrong.

i love this game. im going to keep holding on, but now . the only thing im going to do. is what iv been doing all along.

logeing in. doing dailys. loging out.

theres no point in being on more then 15 mins -20 mins aday anymore. not with the lock boxes costing that much.

oh and if thay dont allready know. from looking at in game states. on the toon i use. i was buying around 100k of scrips worth of lock boxes every 2-3 hours i was on. maxing out my keys by buying them and then buying lock boxes.

if there going off numbers for the past week. the only reason there was such an increas was well.

encription. sadly.

dwej1973
08-05-2014, 10:25 PM
It does matter. The rest of us may only be viewed as props by the game developers to provide those players with a massive multiplayer experience but eventually attrition can reach a point where that environment diminishes as well and then those players also stop playing and stop spending. When the drop out rate starts dipping into that demographic of the game it can send the game into a death spiral because at that point it's usually too late to change the direction of development decisions.

Have you ever thought that that is the intended effect they want to have? I truly believe that everything they have done and are doing is to kill the game completely. For instance several ninja nerfs of the drop rates so players get annoyed and leave. Weapons getting nerfed that were perfectly fine to begin with. Aka Saw Grenades Bloodhounds. War master lock breaks not to mention insulting the veteran player base. Scaling things so that you have to pay to get the items you want and then not even giving out good variants of those weapons.

Ask this question How many times have you pulled an orange assassin double crit wolfhound? To many Trion wants to kill the community base so that way they have an excuse to close the servers down. We were the suckers that paid to beta test this game. We were the ones who paid to make this game free to play. Now they want us gone.

Ozz
08-05-2014, 10:36 PM
Ooops sorry I posted on the wrong page :/

Krazbrill
08-05-2014, 10:44 PM
Trion is not deliberately trying to kill the game. They don't need an excuse to shut it down if they want to. They didn't have to go through the effort of developing this patch. They're almost certainly having cash flow problems and they're hoping that they can generate more business by increasing the pressure on players to buy things at the store. If they decide to charge reasonable prices, this strategy might even work. But if they continue to charge too much for too little, people will either play and refuse to buy or they will play for a short while and then quit.