PDA

View Full Version : Balanced Accrual of Gear

PTR47
08-05-2014, 10:04 PM
Okay, this looks bad from the outset.

I was ready to give Trion the benefit of the doubt, when the patch note said:
"To balance the accrual rate of Keycodes, we have increased the purchase cost of Keycodes on Lock Box Merchants, rebalanced the rewards gained from score in events, and updated equipment drop rates from enemies."

"Okay, cool," I said. "More cost for keycodes, and more keycodes from events -- and more gear drops. That's balanced right?"

I don't think your use of the term "balance" is correct.

Preliminary finding is that keycodes are 10x the previous cost, I have gotten LESS THAN HALF my expected keycodes and arkforge for score at arkfalls, and gear droprates appear to be 75% of pre-patch drop rates.

Can I ask what Trion is "BALANCING" against?

Alastar
08-05-2014, 10:06 PM
They're balancing you right into the bit store. Well trying to anyway. :p

ichiro071
08-05-2014, 10:07 PM
They don't want to you to get any Purple guns EVER. Because if you got a purple gun you might want to spend real money on Ark Forge and that would be bad. All uncommon guns FTW!

ichiro071
08-05-2014, 10:08 PM
errr um wait I mean they are nerfing the drop rates on EVERYTHING so when F2P comes out in 6 months they can ummm I don't know WTF they are doing and neither do they!

ConcreteSnake
08-05-2014, 10:09 PM
Okay, this looks bad from the outset.

I was ready to give Trion the benefit of the doubt, when the patch note said:
"To balance the accrual rate of Keycodes, we have increased the purchase cost of Keycodes on Lock Box Merchants, rebalanced the rewards gained from score in events, and updated equipment drop rates from enemies."

"Okay, cool," I said. "More cost for keycodes, and more keycodes from events -- and more gear drops. That's balanced right?"

I don't think your use of the term "balance" is correct.

Preliminary finding is that keycodes are 10x the previous cost, I have gotten LESS THAN HALF my expected keycodes and arkforge for score at arkfalls, and gear droprates appear to be 75% of pre-patch drop rates.

Can I ask what Trion is "BALANCING" against?

their check book. Instead of making things in the bit store cheaper, they made things more expensive in game so the store will look like a bargain. Korean MMO this is now.

Stubin
08-05-2014, 10:20 PM
their check book. Instead of making things in the bit store cheaper, they made things more expensive in game so the store will look like a bargain. Korean MMO this is now.

I agree. This is becoming more like the failure model that is the standard Korean MMO in North America or Europe.

Amaria
08-05-2014, 10:23 PM
good chance that if they do not balance it back as what it was this game will die within 6 months prolly earlyer ah well it was fun while it lasted kinda sad since the platform with tv series and videogame (linked) was intresting and even somewhat unique

PTR47
08-05-2014, 10:25 PM
...and, 1,000,000 scrip for a lockbox is incredible.

I was right with them until this patch, but, I can only throw up my hands at this point.

Endgame players are a minority, but players who can spend $1m on a lockbox are a majority?

Armitage Solar
08-05-2014, 10:27 PM
I just about crapped myself when I saw 1 million for a Corporate Espionage Lockbox. A lockbox that 'may' drop Appearance gear..

Alastar
08-05-2014, 10:30 PM
Just remember folks if you're not into the longer more fulfilling chase you can buy it in the bit store ;)

Amaria
08-05-2014, 10:42 PM
Just remember folks if you're not into the longer more fulfilling chase you can buy it in the bit store ;)
and i aint gonna give them that pleasure they try too hard to try to get people use there credit cards....

Monkerlotus
08-05-2014, 10:46 PM
I'm not certain enemy loot rates have been nerfed, In just a few emergencies i got 20+ weapons, a few greens, 2 blues and a purple regenerator shield off of a blacklung.

If they have been nerfed, I certainly haven't found the nerfed mobs :p

PTR47
08-05-2014, 10:47 PM
I like farming, but P2W I don't support.

I was lucky enough to see some of this coming and farm up what I wanted in terms of gear... but 2 weeks for $1m for ONE lockbox, and then only buy in the store is P2W. There's no more disputing that fact. Advantage is bought.

That makes me very upset; I really liked this game.

I'm not certain enemy loot rates have been nerfed, In just a few emergencies i got 20+ weapons, a few greens, 2 blues and a purple regenerator shield off of a blacklung.

If they have been nerfed, I certainly haven't found the nerfed mobs :p

They have been nerfed to around 75%. I was tracking one solo event, in particular, to gather numbers on green/blue/purple percentages in order to compare it to lockbox drop rates. I have solid numbers, as I am a data gatherer. Previously, drops were 60 +/- 5. Today, I got 44.

Alastar
08-05-2014, 10:49 PM
and i aint gonna give them that pleasure they try too hard to try to get people use there credit cards....

+1 keep that plastic on lockdown.

Valgmorgan
08-05-2014, 11:01 PM
Need a score shot of 1st place, what's the top win reward compared to no#8 with a gain of 2 keycode 1 arkforge at A Helion kill site. Solo events/contracts-not even worth doing with drop in reward.

Is EA running Trion now? Outsource the marketing idiots all together.

PTR47
08-05-2014, 11:05 PM
Placement makes no difference. I don't think. In the two events I recorded, I was #2 and #1, and I got less than half what I expected in terms of Keys and AF. If it DOES matter, you'd get less than that.

Illyios
08-06-2014, 12:19 AM
They really did it this time...nerfed forge, keys from everything, buffed some enemies, made the lockbox not even worth it...it was fun while it lasted but now this game is going to die. Slowly. I hope the same happens to Trion. And I hope they read that.

Tiasmoon
08-06-2014, 12:47 AM

No its much worse then that. Korean MMOs do actually have a good balance between ingame costs and shop costs (or availability of items in shop/game). In my 15 years of playing online games i have never seen such bad marketting. Ever.
If you really cant get something ingame, then you wont spend money on the shop. Because even most idiots would realise this woul mean buying literally everything from the shop.

F2P+RL money shops work because people only buy some things from the shop, while still getting the majority of what they need/want from the game itself.