PDA

View Full Version : Let's organize a Community event: Ingame Protest March.

hiban
08-06-2014, 04:24 AM
So, we agree that everyone is angry with the Big Reward Nerf and price boosts from last patch. Many threads have been created to complain, but i doubt Trion will read them. So why don't we do something different?

Why don't we do a big ingame protest? Let's choose a fast travel point, and meet all there. Let's call all people and clans in zone chat to join the protest, as we go on foot (walking, not sprinting, so people can catch up with us) from one fast-travel point to another.

Let's make this last for 24 hours and be on all platforms/servers, so everyone from every timezone has the opportunity to participate.

We could start in Tranquility Road, and go through all map to Coit Tower. And then we go back to Tranquility Road through the same route. And repeat again and again till the 24 hour period ends.

What do you think? it could be a nice opportunity to protest, while doing something fun and different. And who knows? if we can gather enough people, we might even collapse the servers!

DeadEye68
08-06-2014, 04:29 AM
Naw, if you're really trying to make a point boycotting the game en masse would be much more efficient.

hiban
08-06-2014, 04:33 AM
Naw, if you're really trying to make a point boycotting the game en masse would be much more efficient.

I do not pretend to boycott the game.
For boycotting the game we already have the guys at Trion, which seem to be experts in boycotting their own games.

crazyged
08-06-2014, 04:33 AM
The evil side in me is thinking "if the servers are empty, I can finally get an undisputed killshot on the progenitor...."

Muahahahahah!

http://images.moviefanatic.com/iu/t_full/v1364990936/dr-evil.jpg

Kanah
08-06-2014, 04:36 AM
I'm protesting by the power of my wallet. No more for you, Trion.

hiban
08-06-2014, 04:37 AM
The point is that it will be easier to make people join ingame and protest there, than telling every individual not to play this game.
And it will be fun!

jackdaws_1999
08-06-2014, 04:41 AM
I would simply like everyone to decend on the next kenn farms using nothing but crimefighters... imagine the server load of trying to process all those explosions...

If we can cause a crit out during a co-op map by four people using them, think what will happen if 400+ people do it.

Oh, and I encourage Lots of old players who nolonger play, to create new characters, load them up with white trash. Load their main toons with trash. Fill your inventories to the Max... then simply leave it be. Same for all players who still play, before you log off, make sure as to fill your inventory with white guns. This may only take a small amount of server space each character, but just think if everyone did this.... Servers Melt Down.

Everytime trion get the servers back up, do it again, crash the servers, all chuck grenades at the same time... all use BMGs... all use infectors like crazy... eventually trion will either back down, or turn the servers off, and at the moment, this is a win win.

For the sake of fairness, we could also promise to buy one item from the bit store for every time they fix something that we actually want fixed, and dont break something else... but then they would never get any bit store revenue if we did that... Ok maybe just didnt break something important... hmmm, maybe just didnt make things worse... no? How about maybe if they simply didnt break things too badly?... nah forget what I said... lets just go with Non Violent Direct Action... as Violent Direct Action tends to lead to court cases.

TwistedEvil
08-06-2014, 05:04 AM
LOL..a in game march?....trying to crash servers?....ya'll sum draft dodgin hippies, go play in traffic.

Okidoke
08-06-2014, 06:53 AM
ingame protest

This.
...because nothing screams 'player disdain' more than thousands of people logging in at the same time.
See you there...

hiban
08-06-2014, 07:21 AM
Thousands of people logging, but no one spending money will make them waste their resources.

If every player which don't give money to Trion quits, the server load would be much less, and Trion would win, because they would need less resources for their smaller paying playerbase.
But if we all log in but no one spends money, then Trion loses.

Chocolatelover67
08-06-2014, 07:29 AM
I would simply like everyone to decend on the next kenn farms using nothing but crimefighters... imagine the server load of trying to process all those explosions...

If we can cause a crit out during a co-op map by four people using them, think what will happen if 400+ people do it.

Oh, and I encourage Lots of old players who nolonger play, to create new characters, load them up with white trash. Load their main toons with trash. Fill your inventories to the Max... then simply leave it be. Same for all players who still play, before you log off, make sure as to fill your inventory with white guns. This may only take a small amount of server space each character, but just think if everyone did this.... Servers Melt Down.

Everytime trion get the servers back up, do it again, crash the servers, all chuck grenades at the same time... all use BMGs... all use infectors like crazy... eventually trion will either back down, or turn the servers off, and at the moment, this is a win win.

For the sake of fairness, we could also promise to buy one item from the bit store for every time they fix something that we actually want fixed, and dont break something else... but then they would never get any bit store revenue if we did that... Ok maybe just didnt break something important... hmmm, maybe just didnt make things worse... no? How about maybe if they simply didnt break things too badly?... nah forget what I said... lets just go with Non Violent Direct Action... as Violent Direct Action tends to lead to court cases.

What a brilliant idea........

I love it

RobDaCool
08-06-2014, 07:32 AM
LOL..a in game march?....trying to crash servers?....ya'll sum draft dodgin hippies, go play in traffic.

LOL My sister is a JAG attorney and according to her some people may be draft dodging soon ;)

TwistedEvil
08-06-2014, 07:40 AM
hahaha, ok set a time and a place and lets see how many ppl go to this 'we are the world, hear us roar walk-a-thon' lol! This is classic..great entertainment for sure.

Ruinne
08-06-2014, 07:43 AM
How about we have a real life march.

To a different game.

It's been going on since launch.

The last of us might as well join.

The console players have coming, waiting in the wings.

TwistedEvil
08-06-2014, 07:45 AM
LOL My sister is a JAG attorney and according to her some people may be draft dodging soon ;)

lol, well I once knew a guy who knew a chic who walked by a JAG attorney who was sleeping with a NCIS special agent...who's uncle walked by a post office.....so yep, I heard that to bro haha!

Chocolatelover67
08-06-2014, 07:47 AM
lol, well I once knew a guy who knew a chic who walked by a JAG attorney who was sleeping with a NCIS special agent...who's uncle walked by a post office.....so yep, I heard that to bro haha!

What's the difference between an agent and a special agent?

Ruinne
08-06-2014, 07:49 AM

One is special, DUH.

Chocolatelover67
08-06-2014, 07:50 AM
One is special, DUH.

Not like "short bus special?"

TwistedEvil
08-06-2014, 07:50 AM

One answers the phones, the other goes in the field ;)

squidgod2000
08-06-2014, 07:51 AM
as we go on foot (walking, not sprinting, so people can catch up with us) from one fast-travel point to another.

Can you actually walk in Defiance? Thought running was default, unless you want people to continuously sh*tboots themselves.

TwistedEvil
08-06-2014, 07:52 AM
Not like "short bus special?"

Nope, only folks who try and get, lmao, a bunch of toons on a game to 'protest' are the blue helmet short bus riders

Chocolatelover67
08-06-2014, 07:55 AM
Nope, only folks who try and get, lmao, a bunch of toons on a game to 'protest' are the blue helmet short bus riders

This thread is entertaining

hiban
08-06-2014, 07:56 AM
Can you actually walk in Defiance? Thought running was default, unless you want people to continuously sh*tboots themselves.

I meant running at normal speed, not sprinting.

You can walk while aiming. Not sure if there's any other way...

TwistedEvil
08-06-2014, 08:04 AM
This thread is entertaining

That my friend is an understatement

Cabadath
08-06-2014, 08:39 AM
Or we could just start an online petition?

JadedSinn
08-06-2014, 09:05 AM
had almost desided not to post on this thread but what the hell.

all it sounds like that you want to do is a death martch in protest of the changes

mildly good idea.

but utter failer in reality.

to get that many people to even remotly interact with one another for 24 hours theres got to be a reason behind it. and sadly ALOT of people dont care. or have said there peace and walked away from the game

the big money spenders are all F2P players that have bank acounts with tripple digits in them and dont care about droping money into a game thats turning into a pay to win. as long as thay can access it for free. without haveing to pay for a subscription

over all trion dont care about the people that are leaving becue thay have all payed allready into the game. know better then to give more money to the game and over all. have stoped giveing money to the game. becuse of this trion has written almost all of them off and so far dosent fear them leaveing

a pition would do nothing also. its a list of useless names that in the end. trion wont bother to look at other then to ban accounts attached to it. (( iv seen it done in other games that did do a pition )) over all it just leads to more problumbs then need be.

at the end of the day. i see it as this

trion screwed up becuse a bean counter told them there revanue was down and thay needed a way to send more people to the bit store or to buy the DLCs its not the devs fault its not tricks its not anyone thats realy working on the game them selfs fault. over all its the guy in the back of the office with the calculaters fault for saying " we are not makeing enough money " this is forceing the other people to have to change the games mechanisums inorder to force players to buy bits to buy stuff in the games store.

it wont take long befor thay notice a drastic drop in in game buys from the majority witch dont put money into the game. and thay will go " now what " and someone will throw out another idea to make fast cash off the game and agine it will turn into something like this. hike the price on an item that is in game cash make it un reachabule for normel casual players/fanboys/vets and then make them head to the bit store where its " cheeper "

at the rate of decay at this moment. defiance is turning into the titanic. its allready hit the iceberg (( F2P )) and is slowly filling with water. and the water is starting to flow over the first bulkhead into the next room. given enough time. shes going to sink. for now. im going to keep rideing out the voiage and see where she takes me befor i finaly move on and find something better that i want to play.

xxdarkxwarxx
08-06-2014, 09:19 AM
had almost desided not to post on this thread but what the hell.

all it sounds like that you want to do is a death martch in protest of the changes

mildly good idea.

but utter failer in reality.

to get that many people to even remotly interact with one another for 24 hours theres got to be a reason behind it. and sadly ALOT of people dont care. or have said there peace and walked away from the game

the big money spenders are all F2P players that have bank acounts with tripple digits in them and dont care about droping money into a game thats turning into a pay to win. as long as thay can access it for free. without haveing to pay for a subscription

over all trion dont care about the people that are leaving becue thay have all payed allready into the game. know better then to give more money to the game and over all. have stoped giveing money to the game. becuse of this trion has written almost all of them off and so far dosent fear them leaveing

a pition would do nothing also. its a list of useless names that in the end. trion wont bother to look at other then to ban accounts attached to it. (( iv seen it done in other games that did do a pition )) over all it just leads to more problumbs then need be.

at the end of the day. i see it as this

trion screwed up becuse a bean counter told them there revanue was down and thay needed a way to send more people to the bit store or to buy the DLCs its not the devs fault its not tricks its not anyone thats realy working on the game them selfs fault. over all its the guy in the back of the office with the calculaters fault for saying " we are not makeing enough money " this is forceing the other people to have to change the games mechanisums inorder to force players to buy bits to buy stuff in the games store.

it wont take long befor thay notice a drastic drop in in game buys from the majority witch dont put money into the game. and thay will go " now what " and someone will throw out another idea to make fast cash off the game and agine it will turn into something like this. hike the price on an item that is in game cash make it un reachabule for normel casual players/fanboys/vets and then make them head to the bit store where its " cheeper "

at the rate of decay at this moment. defiance is turning into the titanic. its allready hit the iceberg (( F2P )) and is slowly filling with water. and the water is starting to flow over the first bulkhead into the next room. given enough time. shes going to sink. for now. im going to keep rideing out the voiage and see where she takes me befor i finaly move on and find something better that i want to play.
well said Jadensinn

TalynOne
08-06-2014, 09:22 AM
A better protest would be to create a clan called the NoBits clan and make the only rule of membership is that you can't spend any money on the bit store. Make it the largest clan in the game across all platforms.

BJWyler
08-06-2014, 09:33 AM
So, we agree that everyone is angry with the Big Reward Nerf and price boosts from last patch. Many threads have been created to complain, but i doubt Trion will read them. So why don't we do something different?

Oh, they read them all right. That's part of Kiwi's and Scapes' jobs. I have no doubt that every thread on this forum is read by a Trion CM. The real problem is that the development team (and the head honcho most of all) have their own idea of how players should be playing this game and spending their money. Most of what they have done in the recent past does not seem to jive with what the majority of the playerbase want.

We have complained, we have raged, and we have offered many, many suggestions to them that would cause us to throw money at them left and right. It doesn't fit with their vision of the game however. And that's truly a shame. Defiance could have been a true visionary in cross-media game design. As it stands, Defiance will be forgotten about in another year.

As others have mentioned, if we truly want to protest, we take our business elsewhere. Quite frankly, Allods Online is reaching a better place than Defiance at this point.

crazyged
08-06-2014, 09:47 AM
Notice how quiet the Trion crew has been on the forum today...?

I may have missed something, but I haven't seen one sentence from them...

BJWyler
08-06-2014, 09:51 AM
Notice how quiet the Trion crew has been on the forum today...?

I may have missed something, but I haven't seen one sentence from them...

Probably getting some extra sleep from working OT yesterday on the patch fiasco.

TalynOne
08-06-2014, 09:54 AM
They know what's up, this is about the same level of protest when they added a blue roll to new weapons but not retroactively to old weapons. Veterans / overall players had a big drop off. Trion didn't care.

starshipindy
08-06-2014, 10:05 AM
I would, but I would just crit out from the server. You know, from all those other players around at once. :)

bossman111
08-06-2014, 10:10 AM
Okay, so I'm probaly going to receive alot of hate for this, but it needs to be said; THE NEW CHANGES ARE NOT BAD.
Speaking from a different perspective here, we all love this game (for well to put it plain and simply being awesome) and I'm sure all of you here would hate to login one day to see a message, "Due to financial concerns, Defiance servers have been permanently closed. We appreciate all your support and hope that you will continue to support us on our future titles"
Yes, that means that all those hours spent on the game (About 1100 hours so far for me) have all gone to waste.
Trion as a business has to support two things, 1.) Keeping the lights on and 2.) Keeping their customer base happy.
Basically, Trion is not making enough money to support themselves on this game and it's future outlook is starting to become more of an expense rather than a profit (which is the purpose of every business except for non-profit businesses which main purpose are for charity or to provide jobs.)
Now instead of shutting down the game, they have implemented changes to adjust its future outlook and see how long they can keep this game going, as we all know that message I mentioned above WILL be coming one day, but hopefully not too soon.
Now taking all this into consideration, I'd have to say TRION is doing one hell of a job keeping this game alive, as compared to other companies which are FAR more brutal.
They changed the prices on the T - Boxes as people were spamming them to get Ark Forge which is not how the game was intended to be played, so that required an immediate fix. They implemented the Encryption on items to make items MUCH MUCH more valuable to the players (I don't know about you guys but I have been wondering about they were intending to curb that problem for a while as it does not make sense to give the player limitless opportunities as there will be no challenge involved in getting better items) although I do admit they could have handled this better (Like instead of making it ONE upgrade only for EVERY item, they could have randomized it using a plus (+) system meaning that if an item has +2 next to its name it can be upgraded twice, or +3 then it can be upgraded three times. This would give much more diversity to items and would definitely create a proper in-game economy.)
For those of you who think these changes are very unfair I would suggest that you take the time to play a game called Conquer Online 2.0 made by TQ Games( These guys are greedy **********ing ***holes who have been reserved a very special place in hell, for which they will probaly try to find a way to even sell THAT and label that as a pre-order).
TQ Games always off balance there own game and then re-balance it through patches and updates in order to cause people to keep buying items from their in game stores (which are super expensive btw, $400 to get enough in game items to make a sort of decent character). It is mostly pvp based however, but it is fun and stressful as hell.
Compared to TQ Games, TRION is a charity case.
Well I've written what I had to say so let the hate fly, I can take it....Years of playing Conquer Online have prepared me for it :D
Also, if you want to know why I decided to take the time to type all this out, to quote Ishizu from yugioh Abridged "Because SHUTUP" ^_^

mr sinister
08-06-2014, 10:25 AM
someone should ddos that pathetic excuse of a software development house till kingdome come....frakking shut it down. and anybody calling any of this patch not so bad is terminally way beyond shortbuss special
you go and play that piece a shtaco for a while, lets see how rewarding it is.... shall we...:mad:

BJWyler
08-06-2014, 10:36 AM
Okay, so I'm probaly going to receive alot of hate for this, but it needs to be said; THE NEW CHANGES ARE NOT BAD.
Speaking from a different perspective here, we all love this game (for well to put it plain and simply being awesome) and I'm sure all of you here would hate to login one day to see a message, "Due to financial concerns, Defiance servers have been permanently closed. We appreciate all your support and hope that you will continue to support us on our future titles"
Yes, that means that all those hours spent on the game (About 1100 hours so far for me) have all gone to waste.
Trion as a business has to support two things, 1.) Keeping the lights on and 2.) Keeping their customer base happy.

Pretty much stopped there. No one here has a problem with Trion making money. For the last year, us vets have been telling Trion exactly what they need to do to make us want to give them more money. For the most part, they have done the exact opposite. As a result, they have failed miserably at #2 and as a result we are going to end up seeing that message you fear all the sooner because of these changes. Look up the history of a game called Allods Online. Defiance is treading dangerously close to following its failed model.

We want this game to succeed. In all reality, we need this game to succeed so that we can have more companies attempt to break the mold with cross-media content. We have been telling them what they need to do to succeed. They have failed to follow our advice and as a result, they have suffered a steady decline in income. That is not going to change with the Silicon Valley patch, which has made things even worse now.

For what it's worth, I offered my suggestions on improving the game so that we actually have a "Fulfulling" chase and to have things we want to spend money on:
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?169425-A-Fulfilling-Chase-and-Pocket-Full-of-Bits
That's all the time I am going to waste on trying to help them. It's up to Trion to finally start doing the right thing by its players or there won't be any players worth their salt left.

aCeCookie
08-06-2014, 10:41 AM
Let's organize an in-game event: We don't log in until the next patch and see if it's fixed. If it isn't, we repeat.

Manstan
08-06-2014, 10:49 AM
Pretty much stopped there. No one here has a problem with Trion making money. For the last year, us vets have been telling Trion exactly what they need to do to make us want to give them more money. For the most part, they have done the exact opposite. As a result, they have failed miserably at #2 and as a result we are going to end up seeing that message you fear all the sooner because of these changes. Look up the history of a game called Allods Online. Defiance is treading dangerously close to following its failed model.

We want this game to succeed. In all reality, we need this game to succeed so that we can have more companies attempt to break the mold with cross-media content. We have been telling them what they need to do to succeed. They have failed to follow our advice and as a result, they have suffered a steady decline in income. That is not going to change with the Silicon Valley patch, which has made things even worse now.

For what it's worth, I offered my suggestions on improving the game so that we actually have a "Fulfulling" chase and to have things we want to spend money on:
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?169425-A-Fulfilling-Chase-and-Pocket-Full-of-Bits
That's all the time I am going to waste on trying to help them. It's up to Trion to finally start doing the right thing by its players or there won't be any players worth their salt left.

Man don't you love consistency? The way this game is going now has remained unchanged since the alpha. As long as you all keep playing they will continue to think they are doing things right. Griping about issues, starting thread after thread about them does no good, I think history will confirm this.

I mean you all must like it like this if you are still logging in and playing daily. They are going to look at log in numbers, not gripes in the forum, regardless of how many share the gripe.

I dropped in to see if the game had improved, LOL, like I said, I love consistency.

Grims Reaper
08-06-2014, 10:58 AM
I dont think gamers are capable of not doing anything in a game for 24 hours, we would die of boredom. I agree something needs to be done though. How about we all play a different game for a week. It could be a game where loads of us can meet up perhaps? Or go cheevo hunting on those games weve neglected cos of defiance?

Let me know what you guys decide if it actually happens. I can try speech my clan mates in NR to join in.

drackiller
08-06-2014, 11:00 AM
I dont think gamers are capable of not doing anything in a game for 24 hours, we would die of boredom. I agree something needs to be done though. How about we all play a different game for a week. It could be a game where loads of us can meet up perhaps?

Only 33 more days till that m8.
For now it`s time to play all the games i`ve been neglecting because of this one.

Deunan
08-06-2014, 11:00 AM
The only march that will make an impact on development direction of the game is a real life one right off the game servers. A drop in concurrency numbers is the only thing that will catch their attention. While there aren't any games that fill this niche out there currently, there are many many games in general that are designed and run better than this one.

Take a break. Play another game you actually can enjoy playing for a week or two. This game won't implode in just one month if there is a massive drop in concurrency numbers but it will put pressure on the company to either change the direction in which the game is going or shut the game down. Either decision would be better than having the game continue going down the path it is going now.

JadedSinn
08-06-2014, 11:10 AM
maybe its time trion sold the rights o there game over to nexon or maybe aeria games and gave it to a company that listens to there player base ? i dont know just a thought.

anyway ill be around on the forums. like most every one else. im not going to play for a few days. i dont realy have a reason to after i got crited out 4 times just walking from one side of SV to the other. to port back to SF and only crit out another 4 times walking from the SF/sv port to ID well ok i drove but still the point is. even at its most laggy moments. iv never crited this much and anyone that knows me in game knows i have the worst laptop ever sporting a whooping 2-4 gigs of ram only. i may lag. but i have never had a fatal crit out just from exsploring the map.

so. im leaving for a few days going to check out a new game that came onto one of my other sites. spend a few days recovering from 4 teeth being pulled and then going to enjoy next weekend a nice long 4 day vacation with my better helf in a motel away from family and friends.

ill check back here on the boards . anyone needs me PM me

WiredRogue
08-06-2014, 11:15 AM
The evil side in me is thinking "if the servers are empty, I can finally get an undisputed killshot on the progenitor...."

Muahahahahah!

LOL! Damn. Why didn't I think of that. Ok. You first. then me. And then I can put this game down for good!

crazyged
08-06-2014, 12:00 PM
LOL! Damn. Why didn't I think of that. Ok. You first. then me. And then I can put this game down for good!

it's how Trion teaches you to think! ;)

08-07-2014, 12:39 AM
The only march that will make an impact on development direction of the game is a real life one right off the game servers.

You'd think pure logic will prevail? No protest march needed?

Kanah
08-07-2014, 03:09 AM
Considering the level of reality engineering, truth adjustment, and plain old doublespeak coming from Trion just lately, any protest march would probably be spinned as a grand celebration of the new content and the wonderfully enjoyable longer more fulfilling chase.

Councilworker
08-07-2014, 04:09 AM
You do known their Silicon Valley Office is still standing! Have been their and shot the Trion sign:mad: We could picket their office.;);)

Coyote Clive
08-07-2014, 04:26 AM
You do known their Silicon Valley Office is still standing! Have been their and shot the Trion sign:mad: We could picket their office.;);)

You should know by now there's no one in the office :)

08-08-2014, 12:27 AM
You should know by now there's no one in the office :)

Maybe you can join forces with that guy who wants to it in SV and Kiwi might help with the event.

Alastar
08-08-2014, 12:42 AM
I've already moved on to Dragon's Dogma 360 if anyone wants to join me there lol.

08-08-2014, 04:41 AM
I've already moved on to Dragon's Dogma 360 if anyone wants to join me there lol.

Join the Protest March instead!

N3gativeCr33p
08-08-2014, 05:52 AM
Considering the level of reality engineering, truth adjustment, and plain old doublespeak coming from Trion just lately, any protest march would probably be spinned as a grand celebration of the new content and the wonderfully enjoyable longer more fulfilling chase.

I honestly can't disagree here.

drackiller
08-08-2014, 06:29 AM
I honestly can't disagree here.

I was thinking the same thing my self.

08-08-2014, 12:10 PM
So no Protest March then?

Mia Faith
08-08-2014, 12:17 PM
Sombody on the Playstation today told us not to play tomorrow.