PDA

View Full Version : Community Q&A Collection Thread - Silicon Valley Edition

Etaew
08-06-2014, 04:28 AM
So Silicon Valley has just landed, let's collect some theme appropriate questions to put to the devs. I know there are some hot issues in other threads :)

Riz
08-06-2014, 04:37 AM
A better place to put my questions, thx m8!

- Fast Travel Stations in Sillicon Valley, 2 of them which is fine. But why on each side of the map one? Isn't it much easier if a Fast Travel was planted somewhere in the middle of the map to shorten traveldistances in each direction? So far the new landmass and missions were only 'drive 1k miles here', 'now drive all the way back'. Good thing the new map had a lot of Grid-emergencies on it, else it would have been a boring ride!

- Why does travelling from main land to SV has to be such a needless excursion from going to Overpass to the Global Station and then go to Port Bruno Station (and maybe then even travel further to the south of SV)? Fast Travelling causes lag, and lag eventually causes to DC, especially on consoles! During peak times going from Shondu's to Overpass, from Overpass to the Global Station and from there to Sillicon Valley will get me DC'ed 3x before actually reaching Port Bruno. Isn't it much easier to be able to travel to SV straight away? Just like we can travel from the Earth Republic Camp to The Fork in one go?

- This also brings up the next question! When i'm done with my current activity i pull out the map to see where the next incursion or arkfall is taking place, and travel to the nearest Fast Travel Station to participate in that event asap. How can i see when being at the main land what event is going on in Sillicon Valley? Or do we have to travel the whole way there, going through all the needless and stupid re-directions, just to see there's no event going on in SV and we travelled all the way there for nothing? Which means, i do not only want to be able to travel to Sillicon Valley straight away... I also want to be able to see if the travel is worth it! As it is now we cant see on the map what's going on there when being on the main land, and that's uhm... BS

- Upon completing events like expert coops and Arkfalls i noticed some players having a '+' behind their names. What does that mean?

Etaew
08-06-2014, 04:38 AM
- Upon completing events like expert coops and Arkfalls i noticed some players having a '+' behind their names. What does that mean?

I think I can answer this one, I believe it shows that the score was adjusted with a score boost.

mr8liner
08-06-2014, 04:39 AM
So Silicon Valley has just landed, let's collect some theme appropriate questions to put to the devs. I know there are some hot issues in other threads :)

Etaew, really what is the point in doing this? They never answer question except for one like, What is your favorite color?

Silicon Valley sucks. Defiance sucks now as well. IF you really want a ? here is one

WHAT THE HILL ARE YOU GUYS THINGING??

Tempestium
08-06-2014, 04:42 AM
Why is the new lockbox so expensive?

R69L
08-06-2014, 04:45 AM
What did you guys do to this area....it looks...AMAZING. For some reason the space and atmoshpere seems different than SF and Paradise area. The night time looks very nice and cold in this area and the lighting seems really great.

Is it just me or is something up with the area and if there is can we get it in the overworld, right nwo the lighting is super gltichy around there. Ive also noticed you guys have added some new stuff to the overworld terrain [no explination on those being added was also weird, looks nice just random].

Also is there any secrets to find in this area, along the lines of the tower teleportation.

Riz
08-06-2014, 04:52 AM
More questions come to mind:

- Scrip has been devaluated to the rate of 1.000.000 Scrip for 5 bucks, typo or meant to be?
- Where are the rewards we used to get for completing events? Do we really need to BUY our keys, arkforge etc with real money? (Or do 100 DM-arkfalls for 1 single rarity upgrade)
- How does Trion think to accomplish that F2P-players that think they downloaded a free game are going to spent tons of money on worthless items? After all, as a vet its my duty to tell newcomers that theyre better off taking our 'old' equipment for free than to take expensive gambles that usually lead to no success.
- Sillicon Valley clearly drives on that one single incursion after people completed the -cheapazz and cutscene-less- storyline. Are there going to be more conflict sites in SV or is this all there is to do?
- When is someone able to do sensible math going to price the items in the store?

Fabiano Batista
08-06-2014, 05:00 AM
1- What's the purpose of Arkforge now?

2- why lockbox's are now ten times more expensive than before?
(just for a quick example. Few weeks ago i bought 100 t4 lockbox.....took me 6 days...farming +-4h/day...to get 6.4M salvage and 3.2M scrip = 100 t4. Now i'm gonna need 10x more = 6days x 10= 60 days O.o lol.)

3- These changes are one test of faith?

CM Kiwibird
08-06-2014, 10:11 AM
http://i.imgur.com/1yrRVmo.gif

Hey everyone. I will be pulling questions from this thread and the stickied thread today. Please make sure to post your questions here. :o

Overtkill21
08-06-2014, 10:13 AM
I think I can answer this one, I believe it shows that the score was adjusted with a score boost.

Actually it shows the unboosted score with the + next to it. (Makes no sense I know but that is how it is)

The only person that sees the Score-Boosted score is the player with the boost active - they see it at the reward screen but not on the standings screen.

So that little + means absolutely nothing. It means that player has a boost active but the score next to it is their unboosted score. LOL

They did it because the Score Boost is so clearly a pay to win proposition they are trying to make it never impact the scoreboard everyone sees.

Overtkill21
08-06-2014, 10:17 AM
You've taken to focusing on driving players to pay real money for everything they can no longer earn in game.

Why are you holding the game hostage to the Bit Store?

(Yes this is absolutely a legitimate, serious question - I'd like an explanation.)

Alastar
08-06-2014, 10:21 AM
http://i.imgur.com/1yrRVmo.gif

Hey everyone. I will be pulling questions from this thread and the stickied thread today. Please make sure to post your questions here. :o

Here's my question. Why is Kiwi hiding in a jar? Or pot or ceramic vase or whatever that is :p

ironcladtrash
08-06-2014, 10:25 AM
Why do you think it is appropriate to nerf every single reward and make lock boxes so expensive with out fixing all the weapon stats first?

Before Trion comments with the usual BS answer about we are only looking for our perfect weapon that is not true. We are looking for stats that actually work on the weapons. We could site millions of examples if you want. It was never fun to receive a sawed off with recoil. Now rewards are nerfed to the dust and we have the same broken loot as a reward which will now take significantly longer to get.

Antoine Flemming
08-06-2014, 10:28 AM
Question: Will we see some new Defiant Few gear (like the one in my avatar), and gear from other vendors anytime soon? So far we have one faction outfit in the Defiant Few vendor (Assault Gear; there was another one, Recon Gear, but it was removed for some reason), and that's it. It'd be nice to see the Defiant Few Recon gear released, as well as other faction outfits.

Overtkill21
08-06-2014, 10:30 AM
So it was just brought to my attention that with this latest patch a name change is in order.

As we former Arkhunters used to "hunt" for rewards and loot and are now being expected to visit the Bit Store for any of that game play reward stuff wouldn't we be more accurately called, Arkshoppers?

Please change all references to reflect this.

PTR47
08-06-2014, 10:32 AM
I've always believed that pay-to-win meant paying real life money to gain an in-game advantage that was otherwise unobtainable. The new 1m scrip lockboxes, the second they are moved to the store only, will define the game as pay-to-win as the outfits provide unique benefit. I thought the team said they weren't going to do that.

Combo Breaker
08-06-2014, 10:47 AM
So it was just brought to my attention that with this latest patch a name change is in order.

As we former Arkhunters used to "hunt" for rewards and loot and are now being expected to visit the Bit Store for any of that game play reward stuff wouldn't we be more accurately called, Arkshoppers?

Please change all references to reflect this.

Added this to my signature.

drackiller
08-06-2014, 10:51 AM
Actually it shows the unboosted score with the + next to it. (Makes no sense I know but that is how it is)

The only person that sees the Score-Boosted score is the player with the boost active - they see it at the reward screen but not on the standings screen.

So that little + means absolutely nothing. It means that player has a boost active but the score next to it is their unboosted score. LOL

They did it because the Score Boost is so clearly a pay to win proposition they are trying to make it never impact the scoreboard everyone sees.

But i can see other players + marks in the score table.

ironcladtrash
08-06-2014, 10:52 AM
The Legendary Thorn Liro Charge Blade was initially 500k and dropped shortly afterwards to 15k. How the hell is a Million scrip lock box acceptable? Is this coming back down to reality any time soon and will people get their scrip back again?

Iceberg
08-06-2014, 10:54 AM
Something odd I noticed, and rather something that has not been discussed yet I think. When in the invasion trying to safe guard one of the arc cores from being infected by the grid, I was knocked down just once. At the end of the invasion with the post stats screen comes up it stated I had only 11 kills and something like 2k score. Am I lead to believe that the cost of death at an invasion is so extreme that they will take your entire score and kills down to 0?

konstantinov
08-06-2014, 10:59 AM
Can they implement sign language mechanics due to all forms of communication being down? I have a limited ability to use sign language and will need a tutorial.

superstorm
08-06-2014, 11:00 AM
I think there is only one question this week: WHY?!

ironcladtrash
08-06-2014, 11:02 AM
Why hide the cost of the Corporate Espionage Lockbox and the Keycode scrip increase from everyone on the PTS?

ConcreteSnake
08-06-2014, 11:05 AM
The Legendary Thorn Liro Charge Blade was initially 500k and dropped shortly afterwards to 15k. How the hell is a Million scrip lock box acceptable? Is this coming back down to reality any time soon and will people get their scrip back again?

already answered by Scapes comment #15

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?170511-Seriously!-1-000-000-scrip/page2

ironcladtrash
08-06-2014, 11:09 AM
already answered by Scapes comment #15

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?170511-Seriously!-1-000-000-scrip/page2

Thank you, but I did see that and it doesn't really answer my question in comparison to the charge blade. That's also a very similiar answer they gave before with the cost of the charge blade and they lowered it anyway. So I think my question still stands. Someone in Trion has to realize the price is ridiculous.

Infinity Eagle
08-06-2014, 11:21 AM
Anyone else notice the bird in SV saying Kiwi, Kiwi? :) Whats up with that? :)

hiban
08-06-2014, 11:32 AM

Yeah, i also noticed that. That bird... was disturbing... (sorry Kiwi)

Overtkill21
08-06-2014, 11:38 AM
But i can see other players + marks in the score table.

That's the ridiculous part - it should be that the + indicates a boosted score.

The scoreboard is currently showing unboosted scores with a redundant + symbol afterwards.

I swear this is the way it was explained...let me find the dev post and I will quote it here:

Etaew
08-06-2014, 11:44 AM

So many bird sounds now :o http://www.defiancedata.com/sounds.php?t=bird

Kyosji
08-06-2014, 11:46 AM
What was the purpose of lowering the drop rate to 1% of what it was pre patch? Killed thousands of mobs through dozens of incursions/sieges/ark events, and only found like 6 total pieces of equipment, all of it white. Also rarely finding any ammo, even being maxed with my ego boosts to ammo found. Also stims and spikes are so rare now, it's not worth using them.

DeadEye68
08-06-2014, 11:52 AM
Someone in Trion has to realize the price is ridiculous.

We're beyond ridiculous here. The scope and intensity of this nerf is plain absurd. Of course they have to get some money to flow into the store, but right now we're not that far removed from having funds seized from our bank accounts. Encouraging the player base to spend money on bits is fine, forcing them to isn't. This isn't even Pay to Win anymore, it's Pay to Play In Decent Conditions.

Defiance just became NSFWAA

Not
Safe
For
Wallets
At
All

mclumpo
08-06-2014, 11:55 AM
I just have one question.
Are ya all our of yer got dang minds with this crap?

Kyosji
08-06-2014, 11:55 AM
bout ready for that charge back for the season pass. Waiting a day or two to see if there were some mistakes, or at least for them to see how much hate there is right now and quietly call what they did a mistake.

gfldaven
08-06-2014, 12:00 PM
my question to kiwi is :

are they actually going to listen to the player base or will it take the player base walking away for them to go oops we pushed too far?

Etaew
08-06-2014, 12:01 PM
Why when you fast travel to the south of Silicon Valley can you see the rest of the world, but you can't when you move to elsewhere in the map?

Fys
08-06-2014, 12:02 PM
Where's the rest of the SV storyline? It just seems to stop.

BifBologna
08-06-2014, 12:09 PM
The new synergies introduced with Silicon Valley: can they only be obtained from the Corporate Espionage lockbox or is there a chance to get them in loot drops and rewards as well?

Jasper Townsend
08-06-2014, 12:11 PM
1. If you wanted us to leave why didn't you just ask?
2. Kiwi, would you like us to take up a collection for an identity change for you so that your name is never connected to this debacle?

Etaew
08-06-2014, 12:34 PM
When you guys acknowledged that destroy the crystal minor arkfalls weren't fun and removed them, why did you add Evangels?

== Rephrased ==

Destroy the crystal Minor Arkfalls were removed because it was acknowledged to be more interesting to fight other enemies instead of a static target. Why were these mechanics re-added for the Gulanee Arkbreaks and the new Silicon Valley Incursions?

DarkGin87
08-06-2014, 12:46 PM
1) why have most the vendors been dumped at the water temple? Like a child did it

2) were is the content? Nothing new to do other than a few missions, but there no conflict sites and the rest bugs out far to much to enjoy it.

Norry
08-06-2014, 01:34 PM
I just started getting into this game. It had a great fun factor. The fact that it didn't require too much farming to get keys for that chance at some items = great. The fact lots of loot dropped regularly and reasonable rewards for the events = good. Plenty of ammo, stims, grenades to maintain the battle = good. All of those things encouraged me, and my family, to play. We were having fun, finding things, trading amongst ourselves, killing bugs, just playing around and hitting the key vendor to see what we got.
This encrypting thing, yeah ok whatever, I see where it's leading "buy an encryption breaker for bits". Whatever, tis a business after all.
1,000,000 for a roll of the dice on items that are likely not worth 1,000 if sold. Well, at least it's there for in game currency and not "only" bits, even if grossly over priced IMO.
Moving up 10x on the price of keys. While I understand why on some level, nothing gotten out of those boxes was worth all that much. If you wanted to encourage spending in the bit store, why not meet half way, increase price of resources SOME (not 10x) and LOWER bit price of boxes. Happy medium. That would encourage purchase in bit store while making them a little harder to get with in-game resources. I don't know, but that seems common sense to me. Leaves you to be able to say, "We saw that they were too easy to get in game with all of the available drops and events. We decided to increase the resource cost by 4x what it used to be. We feel this strikes a nice balance with the reduced 1/2 price now in the bit store." Instead you're left with, "Uhhh, we say so and that's that."
Reduced drop rate on EVERYTHING = no fun. Don't find anything, no rewards, everything near impossible to find. Finding stuff was one of the "fun" aspects of the game to me. Taking that away just makes me glad I didn't invest more (I did some because I saw potential) towards the game, time or $ wise. That just makes earning the 10x price of keys another 10x harder so, in the end, it's 100x harder to earn than it was before. Finding less items = less to sell or break down = less to spend = Forced to bit shop?

Game after this update = A LOT less fun, and quite frankly no longer worth the investment of what little free time I have to enjoy.

Edit: Forgot to put a question. Why hasn't the person that made those decisions been replaced and the patch undone until said issues could be fixed?

Combo Breaker
08-06-2014, 01:39 PM
When you guys acknowledged that destroy the crystal minor arkfalls weren't fun and removed them, why did you add Evangels?

== Rephrased ==

Destroy the crystal Minor Arkfalls were removed because it was acknowledged to be more interesting to fight other enemies instead of a static target. Why were these mechanics re-added for the Gulanee Arkbreaks and the new Silicon Valley Incursions?

Very good question. I actually miss destroy the crystal Arkfalls.

konstantinov
08-06-2014, 01:40 PM
Very good question. I actually miss destroy the crystal Arkfalls.

I still see them from time to time on ps3 NA.

CM Kiwibird
08-06-2014, 02:03 PM
The new 1m scrip lockboxes, the second they are moved to the store only

Hey there, just wanted to clarify on this quickly. The lockbox will remain available for purchase with both in game currency and Bits.

Alastar
08-06-2014, 02:04 PM
Kiwi I still wanna know why you were hiding in that jar earlier :p

xxdarkxwarxx
08-06-2014, 02:10 PM
Hey there, just wanted to clarify on this quickly. The lockbox will remain available for purchase with both in game currency and Bits.
but why 1m scrip so we give you more money thats bad business

InIt2WinIt
08-06-2014, 02:13 PM
As a new paying player to this game, I would just like to point out how daunting these new requirements for different things has made the game seem even more grindy with less rewards. When the game is stable it offers compelling game play that makes the grind less noticeable. I fear these increased costs for rewards and less rewards from the greater events will cause the player base to dwindle. My question is a simple echo of what many have already asked; why such drastic changes? At this point I do not plan to put any more money into this title after these changes. Two weeks ago after spending $70 dollars for me and my girlfriend's account I had planned to spend more, maybe even buying the DLCs. However, I do not plan to spend any more money with this title. I will continue to play it trying to get my initial investment out of it, but that will be it. I feel alienated by these changes that have already begun to affect me.

Despite all of this, I still hope Trion prospers while continuing to bring this title to us. I'll do my best to not hold a grudge against you guys for your choices that negatively impact my experience with this game.

N3gativeCr33p
08-06-2014, 02:15 PM
Why should I continue playing your game even though Silicon Valley (read: new content) was just released? Given some of the strange changes to the game that have recently gone live, myself and many others feel like we've been sucker punched in the gut.

I feel like I'd almost rather play an NES game at this point.

CM Kiwibird
08-06-2014, 02:16 PM

http://i.imgur.com/P5Mw68H.gif

I'm a fan of ceramics. Tissue boxes will also work just fine in a pinch.

I'm aiming to have the Q&A up on Friday to give the team time to answer these questions. As Scapes has said, with the patch deployed, the team is paying attention to the reception on the forums.

Nefarious
08-06-2014, 02:16 PM
Are the new synergy types aimed to stay exclusive to the Corporate Espionage Lock Box or will they have a chance to be universal on drops later on?

When the Corporate Espionage Lock Box gets swapped out from the In-Game Lock Box will the new Lock Box variant have new synergy types on its weapon drops or will they continue to have the same new 3?

Alastar
08-06-2014, 02:18 PM
Alright. I needed that laugh. Ty Kiwi :D

Iceberg
08-06-2014, 02:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/P5Mw68H.gif

I'm a fan of ceramics. Tissue boxes will also work just fine in a pinch.

I'm aiming to have the Q&A up on Friday to give the team time to answer these questions. As Scapes has said, with the patch deployed, the team is paying attention to the reception on the forums.

We are still waiting for them to pay attention about the Grenades system and War master though...

Deunan
08-06-2014, 03:23 PM
I've always believed that pay-to-win meant paying real life money to gain an in-game advantage that was otherwise unobtainable. The new 1m scrip lockboxes, the second they are moved to the store only, will define the game as pay-to-win as the outfits provide unique benefit. I thought the team said they weren't going to do that.The team has said many things that they've backpedaled on. The game was never going to be about leveling with vertical scaling was one of the fundamental promises and premises of the game. They abandoned that idea very quickly which allowed them to create another purchasable and desired commodity in their Bit Store. Pretty much every major development decision for this game for the rest of its existence (however fleeting that might be) is going to be based on increasing revenue from the Bit Store if they continue on the course they're headed.

Deunan
08-06-2014, 03:27 PM

== Rephrased ==

Destroy the crystal Minor Arkfalls were removed because it was acknowledged to be more interesting to fight other enemies instead of a static target. Why were these mechanics re-added for the Gulanee Arkbreaks and the new Silicon Valley Incursions?They never removed red Arkfall crystals. They are just extremely rare on the event table. I did one two weeks ago as a Minor Arkfall.

Bonehead
08-06-2014, 03:32 PM

Did my first, and last one of those today. Hard to overstate how boring it was.

Deunan
08-06-2014, 03:34 PM
When are we going to have the ability to reroll rarity bonus stats?

Will there ever be an ability to reroll nano-effects as well?

You had indicated before that you were open to the idea of putting in converter mods for the other nano effects with the exception of syphon because it was so desired. Given that radiation and incendiary nano-effects are far more valued now than syphon, are you now open to the idea of putting in converter mods for all of the nano-effects and are there any scheduled plans to actually do this?

Stubin
08-06-2014, 03:47 PM
Why is the new lockbox so expensive?

This really needs to be addressed. It has to be a typo or they want to make everyone poor in the game with a small amount of stuff to vendor for 2k credits.

Stubin
08-06-2014, 03:51 PM

Why is it 1m script though? It is about the most over priced lock box of any game when compared to actual rewards or the rate of rewards. 1m script is difficult for veterans to come by.

Alastar
08-06-2014, 03:55 PM
Its 1m so you say jek that and buy it from the store. Offer something both in game and the store but jack the in game price way up and hope that boosts sales. Kinda like nerfing event rewards to drive you to the store. Nerf keys so you buy lockboxes. Nerf forge so you buy forge. Introduce something new that is far easier to get IN THE STORE than in game. Simple really. :p

All of these changes are directed at whales. People with more money than they know what to do with and don't want to wait to get stuff. These people don't care about value. They just see an obstacle and throw their money at it. Nothing wrong with that. The problem is that these changes are going to by their nature wreak havoc on people who aren't whales. It is what it is. That's F2P for you. The target market audience and the diehard fans aren't generally the same people so.......lotsa folks gonna get mad.

Bonehead
08-06-2014, 04:05 PM
Why is it 1m script though? It is about the most over priced lock box of any game when compared to actual rewards or the rate of rewards. 1m script is difficult for veterans to come by.

I think the key part to focus on in Scapes explanation is the "dedicated player" part.

You gotta be some kind of "dedicated" to grind that hard for four blues and a grenade.

JadedSinn
08-06-2014, 04:30 PM
Q 1: will the price on keys come down to what it was on PTS

Q 2: if not. when will the game be shuting down permanetly that way i can delete my charicters befor hand and get in a few last screen shots of my clan mates.

Q 3: if the games not planing to shut down. why are you trying to force all of your player base away

Q 4: if ur not trying to force your player base away. then why have the outragus prices in bit store and ingame store ?

Q 5: if u say you read what we say in the community. then why dont we see any of the changes we the " minority " have told you about time and time agine that need to be change ?

Q 6: in the helf a year i have played this game i have contemplated buying the last 3 DLCs i need that being DLC 3-5 , with the new changes i have found no reason to buy them even at lowered prices. what re you trion going to do to make me want to open my wallet up to buy thes DLCs from you. and how are you going to apease the rest of your player base ?

Q 7: time and time agine trion you have managed to piss off almost 90% of your player base that are vets or come onto the forum. how are you going to truly handel the backlash from this times mistake ?

Q 8: u made us wait well over 12 hours for the update. will there be any form of compinsation such as a paytron pass or say maybe a free corprit espianaos lock box for all the time we where forced to wait due to the codding error that was missed ?

Q 9: so many players keep walking away from this game each day. old and new. what are you going to do to bring them back ?

Q 10 : what do you have planed for the next big update ? will we see more land masses ? will we see more 5 min side mission/main missions ? will we see new guns ? what is to come next for the world of defiance

Q 11: what do you see defiances future looking like with the fan base as small as it is right now ?

thats it thats all my questions. some ligit some more of rants. but mostly what i could think of

nathanpbutler
08-06-2014, 04:53 PM
Is encryption intentionally retroactive? We were told that after the update, anything we then upgraded in rarity once would become encrypted, and our pre-existing oranges, since already at the maximum rarity, would become encrypted. We are noticing, though, that weapons acquired and upgraded in rarity to something other than orange (i.e. not fully upgraded) BEFORE the update are also now encrypted retroactively, rather than still able to be upgraded in rarity once post-update. (This is a bit of a slap in the face, given the mad rush right before the patch for players to spend Arkforge to upgrade items the wanted to keep to at least purple so as to be able to make that last jump to orange post-update, only to have that not be possible and thus a waste of Arkforge.)

rosetta_cd_29A
08-06-2014, 06:22 PM
Any way i can get an option to make the run command NOT a toggle ?
Every other game i've played i hold shift to run, it being a toggle in Defiance is frustrating and i'm always holding it to no effect or tapping it two or three times to get the desired results.

Any chance of an option to change the FOV to something proper ? i have a 25" screen right in front of my cute lil face and the FOV you chose for us is brutal. I don't need a slider, i did the math over a decade ago and know my desired FOV, just let me type it in a .ini file someplace, thank you. i understand that this has been requested since beta, too bad that you guys do not understand such a basic thing and/or play on consoles with a giant screen 5' away.

Any chance i'll ever be able to wear a skirt ?
i asked a few times in the last livestream and someone (another player) said that you guys will never have "flowing" meshes. Fine, all the skirts i wear in all the other games i've played never flowed or were animated or had any kind of physics on them.

Is the nerf to dropped loot because all of the items on the ground were killing your poor servers ? That's the only reasonable explanation i could think of, feel free to steal it as an excuse i guess :p i noticed in incursions especially during the 7 days after activating the ultimate edition that the crazy amount of loot on the ground would choke everything. Otherwise i have no performance issues, players always look unique and i have only gotten the critical error disconnect twice in a month of playing up to almost 3k ego. Well, sometimes during an incursion i notice i am all alone for a little while.

New synergies are cool, but will there be any new guns ever? Many of us will never even get to try out the new synergies because of the pricing on them, so it seems a little pointless to hide the new "content" behind such a great pay wall.

When will the rain come ?

Will there ever be any high resolution textures for PC players ?
Or an option to replace the textures ourselves ? i know i would start on that project using some great ones other modders have made for Bethesda games over the years. It's really a shame that this game is so crippled just because it also exists on older inferior platforms.

Also, will PC players ever get any video settings that are common in every other PC game ? We have superior and upgradable hardware, why can we not crank up the draw distance and LOD distance and such. In the .ini files for all the other PC games i have played there are many settings to tweak to improve graphics and even my older PC hardly knows a game is running when i play Defiance.

Will there ever be any more 4 person vehicles ? i was kinda shocked the Durango only seated two people, whats in the back seat ? I assume that this is to push sales of whatever DLC has the Raptor, and it is a sweet ride, i LOVE sitting in the hot seat on the back and finally getting to see the front of my character. But it is painfully slow, useless in an incursion ! You'll only be able to do every other battle on the way to the end of it because it's a race and the raptor is too slow to contend.

What is the deal with the clan chat ? We always have to log off and on for others to see our chat and tell new players that they are not being ignored if no one answers them. Is this being looked at ? The social factor of MMOs or online games is a pretty huge part of the experience, why is it so crippled ?

Any plans for new co-op maps ever ?

Whats the deal with the HUGE amount of land north west of the map ? It's bigger than the whole map, why is it on the map ? What's it doing up there besides teasing me ? And the various islands on the map, will we ever be able to go to them ?

Will players ever be able to trade any other currency besides scrip ?

Will there ever be a way to swing the camera around or some sort of vanity mode that activates after there is no input for 60 seconds ?

nathanpbutler
08-06-2014, 08:00 PM
Regarding Emergency Grid and Emergency Grid II:

Is there any particular reason why these don't stack? If you already finished 3 of each Grid Emergency for "Emergency Grid," those three of each currently do NOT count toward the 20 to get for "Emergency Grid II," which is usually not the case. These types of things usually stack in this game.

hardy83
08-06-2014, 08:04 PM
Q1: You have stated that you intent to merge Silicon Valley with the main map. Is there an ETA for that or just, whenever?

Q2: HD TEEEEEXTUUUUUUURRRRES for PC.

Iceberg
08-06-2014, 08:29 PM
Q1: You have stated that you intent to merge Silicon Valley with the main map. Is there an ETA for that or just, whenever?

Q2: HD TEEEEEXTUUUUUUURRRRES for PC.

A1: Soon

A2: Soon

DIS
08-06-2014, 09:20 PM
KIWI would love to respond to more of your questions, but she is busy looking for new GIFs. Because, when you don't have an answer, drop in a GIF.

nathanpbutler
08-07-2014, 07:25 PM
Regarding Silicon Valley Grid Emergencies:

Is the team aware that Technical Difficulties and Silicon Guardians (especially Technical Difficulties) are often bugged in Silicon Valley, showing an area with just scenery and/or soldiers and a red dot on the map that indicates an enemy is present, yet no enemies there whatsoever? This is happening at least half the time, it seems, for Technical Difficulties, on both PS3 NA and Xbox 360 NA.

Warhorse500
08-07-2014, 07:44 PM

KIWI would love to respond to more of your questions, but she is busy looking for new GIFs. Because, when you don't have an answer, drop in a GIF.

Shoot, if your name was connected with an all-out debacle like this...wouldn't you hide?

N3gativeCr33p
08-07-2014, 10:31 PM

Is the team aware that Technical Difficulties and Silicon Guardians (especially Technical Difficulties) are often bugged in Silicon Valley, showing an area with just scenery and/or soldiers and a red dot on the map that indicates an enemy is present, yet no enemies there whatsoever? This is happening at least half the time, it seems, for Technical Difficulties, on both PS3 NA and Xbox 360 NA.

*ahem*

This needs to be addressed.

N3gativeCr33p
08-08-2014, 06:00 AM
BUMP... to the top!

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?170680-State-of-the-game-Address-Please...

CM Kiwibird
08-08-2014, 11:07 AM

Hey there - Popping in to let you know that this has been submitted to the Developers. If you have any specific locations that you'd like to mention, please PM them to me or submit them here.

We noticed that it was particularly noticeable with Millbrae Plaza.

Odessa
08-08-2014, 01:01 PM
Hey there - Popping in to let you know that this has been submitted to the Developers. If you have any specific locations that you'd like to mention, please PM them to me or submit them here.

We noticed that it was particularly noticeable with Millbrae Plaza.

It's definitely an issue in SF as well. It happened quite a few times by Dorothy Plaza (can't recall exact name) and near downtown. The spawn point was *roughly* 5424, 6424 (I can't recall exact numbers). It's next to one of the points on season 2's part one set of missions where you upload. Hopefully that helps to narrow down. I can update when I get home if they need it.

EDIT: Iceberg gave correct name for first location. Delores Park.

Iceberg
08-08-2014, 01:03 PM
It's definitely an issue in SF as well. It happened quite a few times by Dorothy Plaza (can't recall exact name) and near downtown. The spawn point was *roughly* 5424, 6424 (I can't recall exact numbers). It's next to one of the points on season 2's part one set of missions where you upload. Hopefully that helps to narrow down. I can update when I get home if they need it.

Delores park?

Odessa
08-08-2014, 01:18 PM
Delores park?

Wow... Yeah. I was WAAAAAAAAAY off. I must be dreaming of tornadoes to take me away from work today.

SanCarioca
08-08-2014, 01:29 PM
I know it's a known issue, but here I am asking for the "Defeat the Piercer without dying" pursuit to finally be corrected. Every week I have to do this map because of contracts, and every week I'm reminded this pursuit never updates, regardless of what I do.

Odessa
08-08-2014, 01:39 PM
I know it's a known issue, but here I am asking for the "Defeat the Piercer without dying" pursuit to finally be corrected. Every week I have to do this map because of contracts, and every week I'm reminded this pursuit never updates, regardless of what I do.

They have a few pursuits/missions that are almost guaranteed to need support to fix. If you can use Live chat while in game I would suggest messaging them your character and what needs to be corrected. I had to do this for at least two of my characters. Same thing with the Cerebus Leveling one. I'd love for them to correct issues that have been there since launch, but it seems to be something beyond the expectation. Same thing with reaching level 21xx. Constant pop up of newly open maps and missions.

Iceberg
08-08-2014, 02:15 PM

That is not even on their priority list of things that need fixed before the end of the world. I do wish small things like that would get fixed quickly, but meh.

Odessa
08-08-2014, 03:38 PM
That is not even on their priority list of things that need fixed before the end of the world. I do wish small things like that would get fixed quickly, but meh.

It's like the side mission you do after finishing the game. I would have rather played the mission, but what can you do?