PDA

View Full Version : LF advise about DLC

Schmitec
08-06-2014, 01:05 PM
Hi everyone, I have recently started to play Defiance as I enjoy the TV series a lot and Im considering to buy the DLC bundle. So my question is if it make sense to buy it now as a new character (500EGO) or should I complete the storyline and after that go for the DLC. Additionally is the Seasons pass still valid? It sshould include all 5 DLC's. I have seen some PC code games stores offering them.
Thx for constructive feedback

Overtkill21
08-06-2014, 01:08 PM
Hi everyone, I have recently started to play Defiance as I enjoy the TV series a lot and Im considering to buy the DLC bundle. So my question is if it make sense to buy it now as a new character (500EGO) or should I complete the storyline and after that go for the DLC. Additionally is the Seasons pass still valid? It sshould include all 5 DLC's. I have seen some PC code games stores offering them.

Complete the storyline first then consider DLC purchases - there are very good reasons for this that will become very clear as you play and spend more time on the game. Welcome!

Cavadus
08-06-2014, 01:14 PM
The DLCs aren't worth your money. Like, at all.

Plus Trion Worlds doesn't deserve the income. They've made some very poor choices lately designed to force people to gamble with RL money.

Strykewolf
08-06-2014, 01:30 PM
I usually play a game for awhile and check two things.

1. Do I enjoy it?
2. Can I afford it?

For me, 1 is a yes; unfortunately 2 is a no since I've been unemployed for awhile. Otherwise I probably would.

That said, it's your decision. ;)

Shogo_Yahagi
08-06-2014, 01:31 PM
Don't waste your money.

Kershoc
08-06-2014, 01:32 PM
Normally I would of advised you to get the season pass. After some recent actions from the company, all I can advise is keep your money.

Manstan
08-06-2014, 01:37 PM
The DLCs have always been sadly lacking in any C. You unlock faction weapons that are just reskins of the weapons you already have. You don't get cosmetics, just the random chance at possibly getting them when you buy a loot box. Unlocks some PVP events and.... well... that is about it. You can play through the entire game with out ever buying the DLCs.

Covington
08-06-2014, 01:42 PM

You really get nothing for the money, even if you are playing on PC and score a half off sale in the end the game has changed so much that the DLCs are no longer important or with it. Great article here about just that.

Someone Needs to Tell Trion Worlds How to Run Defiance (http://techgage.com/news/someone-needs-to-tell-trion-worlds-how-to-run-defiance/)

Solario32
08-06-2014, 02:58 PM
You really get nothing for the money, even if you are playing on PC and score a half off sale in the end the game has changed so much that the DLCs are no longer important or with it. Great article here about just that.

Someone Needs to Tell Trion Worlds How to Run Defiance (http://techgage.com/news/someone-needs-to-tell-trion-worlds-how-to-run-defiance/)

That is a great article. Hope more of the Defiance community will read it as well.

K Ron Spliffs
08-06-2014, 02:59 PM
Run, abandon ship! Get out, delete all the Defiance off your hard drive! ****, would even recommend deleting your trion account.

Overtkill21
08-06-2014, 03:50 PM
I see everyone took a more direct approach to their recommendations. LOL

Covington
08-06-2014, 03:54 PM
I see everyone took a more direct approach to their recommendations. LOL

Well we didn't want to waste anyone's time. The rest of us are bitter enough we need the new ones to bring us back to reality for flowers and sunshine.