PDA

View Full Version : Can you out design the Defiance team?

Nalai
08-06-2014, 06:50 PM
That's right. Let's have a competition to see who can think of the most tedious reuse of content, most unfriendly player change, or just generally bad idea that would make the game 10x worse.

Some ideas:
1. Cost bits to fast travel
2. If you blow up your car, you have to rebuy it at full price with scrip. Only to find after a patch cars now cost 100x as much scrip.
3. Add pursuit for 500 kills with decoy activated in PvP
4. Make new arena's out of Volge sieges.
5. Make lockboxes cost 125 keys. (They'll get you to pay real $$ one way or another)
6. Add new Major arkbreak. Instead of a giant monkey, you get to shoot 5 hulkers. But wait.. to make it more fun only 1 takes damage.

jackdaws_1999
08-06-2014, 06:53 PM
How about they just continue as they have been. Or even actually come out and say that Houdini enemies are "working as intended" Because grenades.

Iceberg
08-06-2014, 06:58 PM
* Upon logging into the game you have a pay wall, must spend 20 dollars before using your character.

* Must spend money in the bit store every hour to stay connected to the game server.

* New feature added for whales, now you can re roll your bonuses on your guns. Cost is 100 dollars per roll.

* Before quitting you must purchase a "stand by" in bit store, this will ensure your character does not get deleted while you are logged off. Costs 50 dollars.

Illyios
08-06-2014, 06:59 PM
Add new Major arkbreak. Instead of a giant monkey, you get to shoot 5 hulkers. But wait.. to make it more fun only 1 takes damage.
Do they disappear to? That would be so much Fun.

Have the idea from Borderlands, the more money you have, the more it costs to respawn.

Buy Bits with More Bits. Because why not?

All enemies now have all perks. Have fun!

Gabrielle
08-06-2014, 07:02 PM
* Upon logging into the game you have a pay wall, must spend 20 dollars before using your character.

* Must spend money in the bit store every hour to stay connected to the game server.

* New feature added for whales, now you can re roll your bonuses on your guns. Cost is 100 dollars per roll.

* Before quitting you must purchase a "stand by" in bit store, this will ensure your character does not get deleted while you are logged off. Costs 50 dollars.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/b80f1e047d10d395c3867150e68f32cc/tumblr_mm3l8kZy9P1qbxoeqo2_250.gif

lol the 2nd one is killing me

jackdaws_1999
08-06-2014, 07:04 PM
- Costs arkforge to reload your guns.
- Costs arkforge to open lockboxes.
- Arkforge now drops as Encrypted, you must pay bits or arkforge to unencrypt the arkforge, so that it can be used for something other than unlocking arkforge, this is a 1 to 1 ratio...
- Score Boosts now secretly reduce the rewards you get.
- Introduce a new tier of weaponry and mod that is game breakingly OP. Charge Arkforge to use it, and uses arkforge as ammo... this is to be nerfed at a later date once everyone has worked their ***** off to get one.

Aurora Wong
08-06-2014, 07:08 PM
All these suggestions throw Free to Play out the window...
I doubt they would contradict their previous business decision.

Gabrielle
08-06-2014, 07:14 PM

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-emfqFwnV6aY/UTg6Xpbpj-I/AAAAAAAAA48/OA8kL6C2lno/s300/think.i.got.it.gif
Uhm, would it be the 1st time they contradict their previous business decision?

Xzelian
08-06-2014, 07:19 PM

oh no, The game is not going Free to Play. Well it will be, but not in the way the title describes.
Free to play actually means, "Pay to win." which I feel is the exact model we are shifting to at a rather steady pace.

TalynOne
08-06-2014, 07:27 PM
Based on user feedback on the need for variety in contracts, there will be a faction daily and weekly submenu in co-op matchmaking which will queue you for expert runs of island of lost soliders (no other maps will be added for simplicity). Doing it once will not count for the need to do it again for the other daily / weekly contracts. To maximize player experience cut scenes can not be skipped and play at 2x slow motion.

fighterpilot04
08-06-2014, 07:32 PM
-100 bits to file an in game bug report/ticket
-$2.99 for the first minute/$0.99 each additional minute with live chat
-prepaid minutes for voice chat in game
-mechanic bit shop for new flat tire/oil change/breakdown patch 2.300

Illyios
08-06-2014, 07:33 PM
Do they disappear to? That would be so much Fun.

Have the idea from Borderlands, the more money you have, the more it costs to respawn.

Buy Bits with More Bits. Because why not?

All enemies now have all perks. Have fun!
Got another.

When attacked by afflicted, you will be put into quarantine until you buy you're way out with Bits or 500 Ark Forge.

hiban
08-06-2014, 08:02 PM

Actually, they mentioned this may be implemented in the future. With arkforge. Which, with the latest patch is equal to dollars.

kniferun
08-06-2014, 08:11 PM
None of these has anything do with design.

I could not out design them,(maybe with a couple months of schooling on the basics) but without a doubt i could out common sense them.

Iceberg
08-06-2014, 08:28 PM
Actually, they mentioned this may be implemented in the future. With arkforge. Which, with the latest patch is equal to dollars.

With trion's train of thought, they will nerf Arkforge out of the game and the only way to get it is through the bit store. So I just passed that step and went straight to cash.

RobDaCool
08-06-2014, 08:56 PM
- Costs arkforge to reload your guns.

Ouch, it would cost me 2-3 Arkforge's per mob then :(

CRIXDA
08-06-2014, 09:03 PM
Got another.

When attacked by afflicted, you will be put into quarantine until you buy you're way out with Bits or 500 Ark Forge.

Awesome!!
Very clever!
The game will institute a C.D.C. official that Arkhunters have to "bribe" with the Arkforge or bits to get out of quarantine.

If an Arkhunter is in a bad situation, they can quickly go to the Defiance store and spend bits to get a "ODST-style" commando team to drop and help them out. Can't pay for that respawn, you know? Salvage and scrip ain't easy to come by anymore and "the Company" needs payola!!!

If you have a problem with another player in-game, you can also "bribe" the local corrupt Lawkeeper to take the player into custody and "lock up" their toon! The amount of $$$ you spend determines how long they are locked down!

Eugenitor
08-06-2014, 10:07 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/b80f1e047d10d395c3867150e68f32cc/tumblr_mm3l8kZy9P1qbxoeqo2_250.gif

lol the 2nd one is killing me

Laugh all you want, guys, but in the early days of intertubes, hourly fees (for TEXT-BASED games and Internet connections THEMSELVES!) were considered normal.

Lucent
08-06-2014, 10:13 PM
This thread made me laugh and lifted my spirits. I guess all I can do at this point is shake my head and laugh.

But this one:

To maximize player experience cut scenes can not be skipped and play at 2x slow motion.
;);););););) I DARE THEM. I shed a laughter tear for that suggestion.

Big Jack Shepard
08-06-2014, 10:30 PM
Orange weapons are permanently deleted from your inventory unless they are used to kill at least one enemy each day.

Raico Sansin
08-06-2014, 10:38 PM
1. Weapons with nano ONLY have a finite amount, say the first 500 shots are nano then you have to buy a recharge pack from the cash shop

2. x out fast travel and make it so cars have to be refueled using arkforge

3. Lock boxes have a 20% chance to destroy the rarest item in your inventory and or bank.

4. If you fail a mission you lose 1000 ego.

5. You can buy ego in the cash shop.

6. Put server stabilization in the cashshop.

7. When you upgrade weapons sometimes they will get a "virus" that will give the weapon a negative stat i.e. -20%damage

ZiddersRoofurry
08-06-2014, 10:50 PM
Look, I get that people are frustrated but this kind of thing is unnecessary. The odds are pretty good that the developers want to make a good game. They're just in a very competitive market, and they're having to deal with the fact that this game started out at a disadvantage. Games tied to licenses rarely work even when they have a built in fan base. Most of this is because they're not great games yet even some of the better licensed games have failed in the past (Pandemics Lord of the Rings:Conquest being a perfect example of this).

Stuff like this just contributes to a lessening of morale. Crapping on the dev team-the majority of whom are just trying to make the best game they can while keeping a roof over their heads-is not cool. If you want to accomplish something you either keep your criticism respectful and mature or just stop posting and let those of us who want this game to succeed who can manage to be critical without being ******s about it handle the critique.

Lucent
08-07-2014, 05:26 AM
Stuff like this just contributes to a lessening of morale.

Actually I think this thread does the opposite. "Things could be worse!" When we imagine just how much the game could be mutilated, then we don't feel so bad about changes we hate.
All the suggestions are cringe-worthy hilarious.

Covington
08-07-2014, 05:36 AM
Laugh all you want, guys, but in the early days of intertubes, hourly fees (for TEXT-BASED games and Internet connections THEMSELVES!) were considered normal.

Love to know what provider you had and what game needed hourly pay. I have been around before "the aol" ruined it all :p I have never in my life paid hourly for anything on the net. Haven't played a text based game since Zork and the internet was just a dream back then.

Combo Breaker
08-07-2014, 05:38 AM
Love to know what provider you had and what game needed hourly pay. I have been around before "the aol" ruined it all :p I have never in my life paid hourly for anything on the net. Haven't played a text based game since Zork and the internet was just a dream back then.

I bet someone is paying hourly for something on the net. BowChickaBowBow

duction
08-07-2014, 05:43 AM
Dial up Internet used to be pay per hour, or was it minute, can't remember but I do remember big phone bills lol.

Covington
08-07-2014, 05:45 AM
Dial up Internet used to be pay per hour, or was it minute, can't remember but I do remember big phone bills lol.

What country? I haven't heard of that here in the states. If it's another country or some weird pay as you go scheme then my apologies but for basic dialup back in the early nineties it was usually by the month.

Covington
08-07-2014, 05:46 AM
I bet someone is paying hourly for something on the net. BowChickaBowBow

Lol damn... (hiding screen) you saw that?

http://ashreyamom.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/woman-hiding-monitor-content.jpg

Combo Breaker
08-07-2014, 05:47 AM
What country? I haven't heard of that here in the states. If it's another country or some weird pay as you go scheme then my apologies but for basic dialup back in the early nineties it was usually by the month.

There were some that only gave you a certain amount of minutes in the mid-nineties for dial-up. Was a real scam.

Covington
08-07-2014, 05:48 AM
There were some that only gave you a certain amount of minutes in the mid-nineties for dial-up. Was a real scam.

1-900.com lol what oh wait we moved on from the other joke - damn!

Kanah
08-07-2014, 05:55 AM
Weapon breakage! Arkforge to repair. Increased chance of deterioration when struck with bio attacks.

Got to make the longer more fulfilling chase more fulfilling, right?

Thearl
08-07-2014, 06:59 AM
Let's try to stay on EMC Canon...

New Weekly Soleptor faction requirement - You have to find Varus and bribe him with arkforge each week to get the serum that prevents the radiation from turning you into an EMC Mutant. If you fail this weekly, your character is permanently converted into a Mutant and you are limited to playing only 'Monster' missions against players. Perma death when killed. Reroll new character or pay $20 of bits to the votanis collective to resurrect you.

Alternatively, you can collect 99er parts to avoid the 'mutant' conversion, but all other conditions apply, you just end up as a 99er instead of an EMC mutant.

CRIXDA
08-07-2014, 07:45 AM
Heck yeah, Thearl.
Good one!
Here is another one - your character MUST be fed AT LEAST twice per day. Players must log-in and take the character to an establishment like "The Crater" to buy food for it with Bits or the character will begin to lose health each hour until death and no respawn will be available due to player neglect.

Lucent
08-07-2014, 05:34 PM
Please keep this thread alive.
The past three posts have been great ideas.

Piers
08-07-2014, 09:25 PM
Here's a few...: Everytime your shield takes damage it has a chance to short circuit and perma-break unless you use 1200 arkforge to repair it.

And if you take health DMG its permanent if you don't have a first aid kit. To get one you have to either go to Erin with 1.5 million scrip for a first-aid kit or get one from varas for 1600 bits.

You also have to buy parts for your guns to keep them working from Varas for 2 million scrip or 3200 bits.

And you need to buy shell casings, powder, and lead to make ammo, because ammo boxes around every corner doesn't make sense. You can get all of these from Rosa at TN-TW for a few billion scrip. Or 8000 bits.

:)

BlackTalons
08-07-2014, 09:36 PM
Let me try my hand at this:

- Weapons, shields and health scaling removed.
- Items drop with random EGO up to your current level.
- Rarity upgrade gated by item EGO. Future rerolls options and such gated as well.
- TL in general scaled down to fit the base players + two new TL levels (goeas from 0 to 10 plus Critical for mayor AFs and WM). TL increases with score. Mob count overall decreased ~ 30%, increases back with TL.
- Mobs are less tanky, more lethal and favor defensive tactics (cover).
- Players can be revived by other players in PvP (no self revive).
- Spike capacity decreased to 3, Stims to 5.
- Players automatically gain 1 grenade charge every 5 minutes.
- Stamina introduced: consumed slightly while running, jumping and rolling and heavily when high jumping or falling.
- Jump height halved. High jump requires holding space for one second while still or jumping while running to achieve old height.
- Permanent 50% more bits for the same price.
- Outfit and character expansion (loadouts, inventory, keys cap) items prices increased 50%. Vehicle, cosmetics and other permanent additions increased 25%.
- AF price decreased 25%
- Half armor plates introduced.

Weapons:
- General pump action shotgun rate of fire reduced.
- General damage of combat shotguns increased.
- Sawed off reworked: General reduction in reload times and damage, increase in mag ammo. Hard cap for reload times.
- Sniper ammo capacity increased by 100%
- RL ammo capacity increased by 200%
- Detonator and automatic ammo capacity increased 25%
- All bullet/pellet/slug weapons will have at least 1.2 damage multiplier.
- Removed mag capacity rolls for RL.
- Removed mag capacity mods for detonators.
- RL nerfed (Accuracy and reccoil on par to LMGs, specially when moving)
- Detonators nerfed (overall less accuracy)
- Sluggers nerfed (crit reduced to base)
- VOT SMG nerfed (real recoil and bloom added)
- Semi auto SR nerfed (less damage)
- Charge SR nerfed (charge time increased 50-100%)
- SAW nerfed (bloom and recoil while moving on par with other LMGs)
- Big boomer and clusterdrop detonators nerfed (decreased max damage, not min)
- Detonators no longer reload faster when there's still ammo in the mag.
- Armada RL shoot 2 half damage rockets three times every .3 seconds. Accuracy nerfed to hell.
- Homing RL damage increased to normal RL damage, blast area reduced to 2.
- Swords deal full damage vs shields regardless of active power.

Powers and Perks:
- Regeneration nerfed (only adds to normal regeneration, does not work when taking damage)
- Thick skinned nerfed (3 plates for up to 6 seconds)
- Speed increases perks nerfed to 30%
- Decoy lure has as much armor plates as the user and 5000 hitpoints (3.5k shield, 1.5k health). Allows for multiple teleports with 8 secs cooldown.
- Decoy lure appears to shoot your last target or the closest one available.
- Sensor sweep reveals enemies (cloaked or not) in the minimap and jams the enemy minimap with false positives that appear to move.
- Overcharge duration increased to 15 secs, also reloads stowed weapon instantly.
- Blur sustains stamina and increases rate of fire 15 for its duration.

I could do this all day! It feels quite therapeutic.

Piers
08-07-2014, 09:38 PM
^^^^^^^

Your suppose to post stuff that would SUCK, not stuff that would make the game better.

Try Again!!!

DeadEye68
08-07-2014, 09:50 PM
* Recharges for stims/spikes/grenades no longer drop, and can't be bought from vendors. Only available from T4 lockboxes.
* Every unclaimed item will cost 5 Bits per hour, claiming items costs scrip and salvage, quantity depending on item rarity
* Your vehicle has 5 free charges a day. Any further uses consume keycodes in increasing quantities.
* Fast travel can be used for free 5 times a day. Any further uses consume arkforge in increasing quantities
* Scaling aligns higher EGO players to the lowest present EGO, while threat level gets adjusted to the highest present EGO
* Teleporting on friends/group members/clan members costs keycodes
* Accessing arenas, co-ops and PvP costs keycodes
* Rarity of weapons automatically decreases every day unless you pay 20 arkforge for each of them
* preventing rarity decrease on an encrypted weapon costs 50 arkforge
* scrip, salvage and gear no longer drop. Can only be acquired from event rewards.
* 300% increase of emergency nodes and emergency frequency
* 250% reputation cost increase at vendors
* 75% reputation cap decrease
* unused keycodes, non favorite items will be wiped every time servers reset
* favorite items will be un-favorited every time servers reset
* co-op cut-scenes cannot be skipped and have to be watched once for every group member
* pressing escape will replay cut-scenes
* extraction fees apply to all players in a 100 yard radius, increased for every player present
* every second spent downed costs scrip and salvage, applied to all players in a 100 radius, increased for every player present
* score reduction for each plate of your armor that breaks
* score reduction every time your shield breaks, shield recharge costs 1K scrip and 500 salvage per 10%, increased for faster recharging shields
* self-reviving decreases score of all players in a 100 yard radius
* taking damage reduces score
* resulting negative scores have to be compensated with scrip, salvage, keycodes and arkforge
* failure to compensate negative score fees will reduce inventory size, keycode capacity, loadouts, perk slots
* mass breakdown costs keycodes
* enemies automatically gain an EGO boost similar to DM arkfalls for 20 seconds when their health drops below 50%
* your EGO rating gets debuffed by 10% every time you get downed, regardless of extraction or revival, for 30 minutes. Debuffs are cumulative in duration and intensity.
* enemies deal 50% more damage to players using powers

I could probably think of more, even more horrific ideas. Should I keep digging ?

Piers
08-07-2014, 10:14 PM
Here's another one: All player weapons fire NERF darts unless you buy bullets from the bit store.

eaglepowers
08-08-2014, 04:34 AM
Shooting walls and floor gives you 10x more points than shooting Warmaster.

If entire raid party naps on floor a million script reward for all participants, because then we can successfully tea bag all of you at once. Something we've been trying to do for over a year now. ;)

aCeCookie
08-08-2014, 05:39 AM
Based on user feedback on the need for variety in contracts, there will be a faction daily and weekly submenu in co-op matchmaking which will queue you for expert runs of island of lost soliders (no other maps will be added for simplicity). Doing it once will not count for the need to do it again for the other daily / weekly contracts. To maximize player experience cut scenes can not be skipped and play at 2x slow motion.

do you actually work for trion? because this idea fits the criteria for the defiance team. no experience needed!

drackiller
08-08-2014, 06:59 AM
This thread made me laugh, LOL.

I`m out of ideas, you guys already posted all the good ones. ;)