PDA

View Full Version : Thread closure.. Wait, what?

PrettyLilKarma
08-06-2014, 07:04 PM
Ok first things first, this isn't intended as a rant more of a question because i am confused..
Getting on the forums to see numerous closed threads is not very welcoming Trion... I understand the purpose of the forums and how it can be cluttered by people starting new threads to reply/rant about another thread or to try to cause a revolution. What about the constructive so called "non- constructive" ones? You claim to encourage criticism but only constructive, right? What exactly is constructive to you?
Now a thread was closed for not being constructive, but it was. I will admit sometimes it gets off topic and rather harsh but that is bound to happen when you exile your fan base. Said closed thread was yet still constructive. It was a thread to address what us rather abandoned and cheated feeling players are going to do now with the newest botched update(s). I have seen all across the net today that this was the final blow for a lot of people.. Then you turn around and start shutting down threads where people are discussing and trying to make sense of what's going on and whether to stick around or not.
Yes, we get off topic. Yes, we bring up and sometimes say harsh things about dev's and others at Trion. But what do you expect? We want answers, fixes and for you to listen. We make suggestions and thousands of people ask for the same thing yet the only attention you pay us is when someone makes or implies something mean. Its our criticism and to us its constructive. Its the only way to make sure you don't forget that without players...where would the game be?

MrBadBad1
08-06-2014, 07:13 PM
Close thread: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?170633-Watching-yet-another-marketing-team-destroy-a-game.

it's non-constructive according to the code of conduct. (re-posting it will likely get me suspended and the thread deleted)

Milkweed
08-06-2014, 07:14 PM
They don't want to hear it, I'm convinced. Employing all the ham-fisted tools of infracting, banning, ninja-deleting threads, etc. in true ****tatorial style. Done with this game, done with these forums.

ConcreteSnake
08-06-2014, 07:21 PM
Haven't you heard? The forum users are the MINORITY of the players in the game.

hiban
08-06-2014, 07:36 PM
The simple act of questioning or giving your opinion about any action done by the moderating team is penalized with a ban. I know it sounds ridiculous, but many people here learned that the hard way. It is stated in the code of conduct, i think.

By the way, the post which says "We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, etc etc..." may have nothing to do with the reason for closing the thread. It is just a template, and they post the exact same thing every time they close a thread.

PrettyLilKarma
08-06-2014, 08:35 PM
Close thread: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?170633-Watching-yet-another-marketing-team-destroy-a-game.

it's non-constructive according to the code of conduct. (re-posting it will likely get me suspended and the thread deleted)

I do not think constructive means what they think it means...on another note I think it started off constructive but what do I know im just one of those players on that one game.

PrettyLilKarma
08-06-2014, 08:38 PM

How do I become one of these "minority" you speak of? They sound like the group to be with. ;)

Menov
08-06-2014, 08:38 PM

No, forum users are the reason for weapon nerfs and all other issues with this game. Besides the instability of the servers.

Smiit
08-06-2014, 08:42 PM
Im suprised some of my threads havent been closed. Only ones that have were by my permission. I usually go toward the more contreversal side. This also causes arguments to spur.

Piers
08-06-2014, 08:43 PM
How do I become one of these "minority" you speak of? They sound like the group to be with. ;)

Welcome to the right si... I mean minorities.

Piers
08-06-2014, 08:46 PM
No, forum users are the reason for weapon nerfs and all other issues with this game. Besides the instability of the servers.

He might be already too far gone.

We forum users are trying to make suggestions to make this game better for everyone, like fixing the STABILITY. It's just that "they" don't listen to anyone.

Other than Scapes&Kiwi, their alright.

PrettyLilKarma
08-06-2014, 08:56 PM

Da fuq? Please tell me that is sarcasm... Anyone?

Alastar
08-06-2014, 08:58 PM
Don't look at me. I haven't got a jekkin clue. :confused: