PDA

View Full Version : World Chat is desperately needed

PRE
04-03-2013, 03:09 PM
A world chat option is desperately needed for this game.

Finding group members, clan members, getting shadow wars going, trading and a lot more can be actually accomplished through it.

Please patch it in ASAP

MrJoker
04-03-2013, 03:11 PM
A world chat option is desperately needed for this game.

Finding group members, clan members, getting shadow wars going, trading and a lot more can be actually accomplished through it.

Please patch it in ASAP

Yeah it is needed, support I guess.

Elge
04-03-2013, 03:15 PM
Also need a way to whisper friends and random people so you can get into clans or trade things. Also needs a way to chat in clan and not have voice on. having voice and clan chat linked is silly.

tune
04-03-2013, 03:17 PM
Do me a favour, go download LoL and join the general chat, or path of exile and join the global chat. Come back here and tell me if you would like one then. They are annoying and frustrating. You can't get anything answered because you have a cluster**** of people trying to talk. There are like 30k+ people on this, you want a all those people to be able to talk in the SAME chat channel? Yeah... no.

Pain
04-03-2013, 03:18 PM
I completely agree. For this and to get the community communicating.

The world gets quiet sometimes. :\

aSmilingZombie
04-03-2013, 03:20 PM
Strongly agree.
It's so hard to group.

tune
04-03-2013, 03:25 PM
Find a clan.

Jardian
04-03-2013, 03:28 PM
I have no problem finding a group its called match makeing . If its open world then I waite for people to run buy that are leveling and doing missions and follow them for a time no need to group open world its shared lol.

bleuzarro
04-03-2013, 03:29 PM
definitely. and the entire chat log needs to be overhauled. they need to show a couple lines of type. and maybe switch it around? the right side of the screen is so awkward IMO. whispers is a definite must.

Bill Franolich
04-03-2013, 03:32 PM
*proximity chat. Lets say within 100m Agreed

Daeion
04-03-2013, 04:19 PM
Do me a favour, go download LoL and join the general chat, or path of exile and join the global chat. Come back here and tell me if you would like one then. They are annoying and frustrating. You can't get anything answered because you have a cluster**** of people trying to talk. There are like 30k+ people on this, you want a all those people to be able to talk in the SAME chat channel? Yeah... no.

Yes I'd like that.

Right now, this game feels like a singleplayer game. There's no point in even having a chat right now because nobody replies.

And your smartass "join a clan" reply... That's brilliant. I don't give a crap about sifting through pages to join a clan. I usually check peoples behaviour in chat and then decide about which clan I'd like to join and that just isn't possible because there is no real chatting going on.

New players asking questions... Nothing. People recruiting... nothing. I might aswell be playing a singleplayer game. The only difference is, I see other people playing but not interacting with the community.

So instead of wasting internet space with your righteous crud. Think before you type.

Munx
04-03-2013, 04:21 PM

Or they could add it, and you could have option to turn it off? seriously wtf makes you think your opinion is more valid then that of anyone else? there is no reason both sides can't be satisfied in this case.

NalkorRN
04-03-2013, 04:27 PM
Do me a favour, go download LoL and join the general chat, or path of exile and join the global chat. Come back here and tell me if you would like one then. They are annoying and frustrating. You can't get anything answered because you have a cluster**** of people trying to talk. There are like 30k+ people on this, you want a all those people to be able to talk in the SAME chat channel? Yeah... no.Hmm, let me think back to City of Heroes/Villains and even Auto Assault. Let me think, how was the community when global chat was patched in after over a year? I think it su... oh no, it was awesome. Especially the global @help channel where you could ask questions and more experienced players would be more than happy to help you.

You bring up League of Legends and point to it's community of arrogant idiots that could barely be called gamers, I look back to City of Heroes/Villains, Auto Assault, Everquest 2, even The Old Republic and acknowledge that there will always be some elitist snobs who won't help, but that there are FAR more helpful people, provided the chat channels can allow it more easily. You seem to fall into the former group, however, so I wouldn't exactly expect anything helpful to come from you if global chat was implemented.

WaGzy
04-03-2013, 04:29 PM
I very much agree with a world chat, the banter is needed.

Taaltos
04-03-2013, 04:45 PM
If not a World Chat, then at least a main area chat like North America, South America, Planets or what have you as listed on the defiance Wiki.

Sausilito, Madera etc....not just a 100yd radius.

Darkeus
04-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Eh, it does need expanded chat. Yeah, sometimes I turn off general chat (Especially in TERA.... MY God those people are idiots) but the communication is really lacking in this game. Can you even send whispers?

The chat box is pretty much one of my only major issues with the game. Everything else I can live with.

PermaNulled
04-03-2013, 05:01 PM
I agree about a world chat or even a current "nation" or what ever the areas are called for chat.

Not everyone likes it but as long as there's a way to turn it off it'd be cool in my book, maybe even a way to mute individual people on your own chat ( one thing I never see on any game and programming wise it's easy as hell to setup just using an array/map/vector containing names of people you want muted on the client side and just don't display/render their message )