PDA

View Full Version : One huge issue with the forums

ZiddersRoofurry
08-06-2014, 10:59 PM
I get that people are frustrated. I have my issues with the game but it's not right to hurl abuse at the developers (or anyone). I'm sure that they're decent people. I don't see how abusing staff or demeaning people or being toxic is going to solve this games issues, and some of the vitriol I've seen levied their way is just uncalled for.

No matter what nobody deserves being treated in a demeaning fashion.

By treating others so you not only disrespect yourself you help engender negative stereotypes associated with gamers, thus making the entire gaming community look bad. This community can be better than that as can the human species in general. It's just a matter of whether you want people to give a crap about making things better or see things continue to get even worse.

Giygas
08-06-2014, 11:07 PM
I see no fault with the community backlash. Trion screw their playerbase over and over so we have complete justification for complaining. We may be the only thing standing between keeping this game alive and Trion rolling up their sleeves to start diligently ruining everything else.

So what if they are upset by our comments, if you can't take the heat, don't make a broken game. If you buy a faulty product and the seller refuses to fix it, you file a complaint.

Lots of editing My tablet hates this forum.

ZiddersRoofurry
08-06-2014, 11:21 PM
I see no fault with the community backlash.

Constructive critique = good, healthy, necessary.
Insulting/demeaning others = immature, unnecessary, and counterproductive.

What I'm talking about is the vitriol. I'm talking about people disrespecting others via insults or derogatory comments. There's zero defense for that sort of thing.

Big Jack Shepard
08-06-2014, 11:24 PM
Well, I'll make sure to run all my posts by you before I make them public.

ZiddersRoofurry
08-06-2014, 11:30 PM
Oh, you :P

Raico Sansin
08-06-2014, 11:32 PM

What I'm talking about is the vitriol. I'm talking about people disrespecting others via insults or derogatory comments. There's zero defense for that sort of thing.

I wonder how long that attitude will last. I remember with Deunan, Bonehead, Schwa, and even Big Jack felt the same way you did. Give it few months and let me know how you feel.....

Griffix8
08-06-2014, 11:36 PM
The frustration has just been building for...quite some time now. This whole mess that Trion has put out poked a whole in the dam and now not the venting flooded in. Hate to love the game or hate to hate the game.

Defiance could go far but with how much its being messed with (and not in a good way) for quite some time people just have been getting growing frustration. It hit a spike with the Warmaster (tore the community between Lock Keeper and Lock Breakers) and this has just ignited an inferno.

We HAVE given constructive criticism. A lot of us WERE positive for the game. We weren't really listened to and for the most part we had no contact with Trion. Kiwi, Scapes and Phantasie helped a bit but other than their occasional appearance no devs said a peep except for when news was announced. As I said, it builds up and anyone caught in the flood either joins it or gets the brunt of it.

08-07-2014, 12:01 AM
I get that people are frustrated. I have my issues with the game but it's not right to hurl abuse at the developers (or anyone). I'm sure that they're decent people.

We are discussing introduced game changes. If you want to go personal on dev's, we can go into broken promises and fail communication towards their costumers, but I'll just leave it at you should go fanboi somewhere else.

Bonehead
08-07-2014, 12:13 AM
Yea I remember that too.

For the record;

I am a dry sarcastic son of a *****. I can come across as having a very negative view of this game at times. Tbh I do shake my head at many of the decisions being made regarding the management of this game and I do not know if it's going to be around as long as I would have liked. I know for a fact it won't be around in any kind of form I would have chosen.

But,

when all I take the time to look inside and just sit with it for a while quietly I always come back to the same belief.The folks over at Trion are doing the best they can with what they have to work with. I, in my heart of hearts, do not believe that Trick thinks of ways to piss us off. He comes by that talent quite naturally and every single time it happens, it's an accident.(To clarify, none of this paragraph is sarcastically meant. This is what my brain really thinks and what my heart really feels.) I think there is far too much we in the forum are unaware of to make any real solid conclusions about what the reasons are for what The defiance creative team does. I believe that most of the team really want to see this game thrive but they are and have been swimming up stream since the original sales were not what they had hoped for. I believe the direction the game is going now is not what the original plan was, and they have their work cut out for them to see that it survives. I believe the children are our future. (Okay that last sentence was a joke but you gotta admit, I was due for sure.)

They do some major change and the forums explode. Happens every time. That's just how it works. No need to take it all that seriously.

Do I wish SV was bigger? yes. You know what? I'll bet they do too.
Do I wish there was more story with better continuity and content? Yes. Again, I'll bet they do too.
So yea I can complain and question and gripe but you know what? If I didn't love this game, I wouldn't be here. Pretty sure the same can be said for a lot of them too.
Even with the changes to the rewards I can still come up with weapons I like using to have fun playing this game. There is still nothing quite like it out there yet and I will still recommend it to anyone without hesitation, just with a lot more qualification that I used to use.

I've said it before but I don't think it can be overstated.
Special thanks to Scapes Kiwi and PT for the work and communication. You guys are the best and probably the only reason I'm still around. You show a lot of wisdom in knowing when to jump in and when to let us stew in our own juices for a while.
K that's plenty enough real **** outa me for a good while.

Now back to normal...

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/imma-firin-mah-lazer-o_zpsc7c6e85a.gif

rosetta_cd_29A
08-07-2014, 12:45 AM
I'm sure that they're decent people.

May i ask how you are so sure ?

For all i or anyone else knows they could be horrible people. They only work for a part of their day, who knows what other things they get up to when they are off the clock. i won't go in to detail, but odds are trion employs a few drug addicts, maybe a ****** or even a murderer, who knows ? i do not think that you do. Decent is a relative term, sure. But lying, cheating and stealing are fairly common among humans, the earth's most fallible creatures.

i bet there are plenty of extreme religious people that think that anyone who would devote their life and make a career of working on a violent video game are all horrible people doomed to some sort of eternal damnation.

Maybe the negative things you are speaking of were deleted before i had a chance to read them, but i haven't seen anything out of line at all, perhaps those you speak of were already banned and all of their posts deleted. But since the SV update i have been more entertained by these forums then the game, sadly. i played for a few hours earlier but the disappointment expressed by the veteran players in my clan kept me from even checking out the new area.

And wow, i'm still in shock of how serious Bonehead can be, i had no idea !

Bonehead
08-07-2014, 12:49 AM
And wow, i'm still in shock of how serious Bonehead can be, i had no idea !

I know right?

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/PullaCrazyIvan_zpsad68f362.jpg

ZiddersRoofurry
08-07-2014, 01:14 AM
"I wonder how long that attitude will last. I remember with Deunan, Bonehead, Schwa, and even Big Jack felt the same way you did. Give it few months and let me know how you feel....."

This is pretty much my attitude all the time. I tend to do my best to keep things in perspective. I have been through things in my life that would have left others with deep emotional scars. I try my very best to not hurt others the way some have hurt me. I've been fortunate to have been blessed with good people in my life who helped me through all that which is why I do my best to help others through whatever troubles they may be going through. It's just part of my nature.

Shared pain is lessened;shared joy increased. Thus we refute entropy. -Spider Robinson

"As I said, it builds up and anyone caught in the flood either joins it or gets the brunt of it."

Frustration is understandable. That doesn't make taking it out on others right.

"We are discussing introduced game changes. If you want to go personal on dev's, we can go into broken promises and fail communication towards their costumers, but I'll just leave it at you should go fanboi somewhere else."

Arguing that people should treat each other decently isn't 'fanboi'ing'. This isn't the only place I try to have a positive impact upon. This is how I do my best to go throughout life in general. As an aside I find it unfortunate that so many folks use the term 'fanboy' in a derogatory manner.

"For the record;"

I like your posts. I think Trion needs to listen to people like you because you are the hearts of their community. Just don't let anyone dull your sparkle, K?

"May i ask how you are so sure ?"

I've learned that I get more joy out of life when I give people the benefit of the doubt. The essential truth about life that I've found in my almost 40 years on this planet is that most people are decent human beings when you really get to know them.

Even when they're not it adds nothing to, and in fact takes away from ones happiness when one spends their life thinking the worst of others. Then again this is my own truth. Maybe it's not truth for others but I feel that if you're going to be a negative person at least aim it inwards, and away from everyone else.

Life's harsh enough as it is some times without people adding more misery on top of what someone may already be going through.

Bonehead
08-07-2014, 01:38 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing 40 again.
I think I like you Zid.

ZiddersRoofurry
08-07-2014, 02:03 AM
^_^

Just know that no matter what-whether the game gets better or not or whether I stick with it or not-you all have inherent worth as a human being. You should all endeavor to love yourselves as much as you can. No matter what anyone tells you or what kind of negativity someone aims in your direction don't for one second let it keep you from appreciating who & what you are.

Most of the issues with our society stem from those who would have us think ill of ourselves profiting off of it in some manner be it monetarily or by it granting them power over us or both. We are all unique and special in our own way. We all have a story to tell, and it's when we share those stories that we learn more about each other, and that helps us learn more about ourselves. When we understand & appreciate ourselves better the happier we are. The happier we are the greater the chance folks around us will be happy, too.

drackiller
08-07-2014, 02:09 AM
^_^The happier we are the greater the chance folks around us will be happy, too.

I`m happy m8, real happy...just not by playing this game anymore.

MadDogTremor
08-07-2014, 06:19 AM
I wonder how long that attitude will last. I remember with Deunan, Bonehead, Schwa, and even Big Jack felt the same way you did. Give it few months and let me know how you feel.....
I too, kept quiet for a very long time. I was just a forum reader. But as Defiance went off the cliff,I started becoming very vocal. So vocal in fact, one of my nice comments directed at the people behind the iron curtain, got me my first (and probably not last) 24 hour ban.
I am straightforward, opinionated and blunt. I really don't care if I make enemies with my opinions. When I have something that needs to be said....it WILL be said.
And when I feel I am being screwed on something I paid my hard earned money for, dang straight I'm gonna jump up and open my mouth. And yes, SHUT MY WALLET.

Razoreddie
08-07-2014, 06:30 AM
Zid, Bonehead, thanks for your perspective. It's gotten to the point here on the boards that I don't even like to come look at them anymore. Like Zid said I get there are problems and legitimate beefs with the game. The negativity here seems way over the top though. I've always been a "You get more flies with honey. You might draws flies with poo also, but it stinks and no one likes it" kinda guy. I believe what Bonehead said is true, they want the game to be better, and probably want to know what the players think...in a constructive manner. I know when someone has a beef with me and lets me know politely, I'm far more likely to react positively than if they are rude and obnoxious to me. You want results, be smart about it. You want be marginalized, keep starting 5 different threads about the same subject with your demands rudely stated. Sorry, but I can't operate that way and reading the boards lately, it just brings me down.

MadDogTremor
08-07-2014, 06:35 AM
You want results, be smart about it. You want be marginalized, keep starting 5 different threads about the same subject with your demands rudely stated.
Totally agree with this.

I just keep my colorful and legit comments to one post in one thread. If I did more than that...I'd be banned permanently.

Covington
08-07-2014, 06:36 AM
I too, kept quiet for a very long time. I was just a forum reader. But as Defiance went off the cliff,I started becoming very vocal. So vocal in fact, one of my nice comments directed at the people behind the iron curtain, got me my first (and probably not last) 24 hour ban.
I am straightforward, opinionated and blunt. I really don't care if I make enemies with my opinions. When I have something that needs to be said....it WILL be said.
And when I feel I am being screwed on something I paid my hard earned money for, dang straight I'm gonna jump up and open my mouth. And yes, SHUT MY WALLET.

From one Mad Dog to another you took the words right out of my mouth.

After a few suspensions for joking hits ya, you tend to no longer joke about it and be genuinely questioning how this place it truly run. I have been running sites my whole adult life and I have never seen anyplace so heavy handed with "fines" as this place. The game is legitimately on a decline, and no one appears to care to listen.

So naturally people get annoyed and even more vocal. The honey theory works both ways. Think it was Tricks letter that really set the vets off.

Seizan
08-07-2014, 07:28 AM
Some people take kindness as a sign of weakness. Trion certainly does.

We the consumers, for the most part, appreciate the effort put in by the community liaison team (Kiwi for example) as they keep the communication live between players and devs. Not to mention they have to act as bullet sponges and take the hit from the angry mob of players whenever the company makes a terrible decision (which happens way to frequently).

After all the time, money, faith, forgiveness people have invested into this game, the devs continue to bend us over even further. I don't blame people for lashing out at certain members of the team because their greed, incompetence, lack of insight and foresight are really killing this game and ruining the company's reputation.

This is how companies go out of business. You bite the hand that feeds you and eventually you'll starve.

Wraither
08-07-2014, 07:39 AM
I'm pretty sure of a couple things here, and the current course of direction is pretty telling as to the outcome.

Trion seems intent on driving players away from the game. Why? Only reason I can come up with is tax shelter. When a corporation with several companies under their umbrella comes into tax issues, they take one of them that is not so profitable and problematic and they make it tank, and use it as a tax shelter.

Also, lets go back to problematic. They created a frankenstein's monster, bit off WAY more than they could chew, and it got away from them. They tried to break new ground and failed miserably due to improper coding and rushing an alpha out the door. They probably also never expected so many people to play the game.

Lastly, they are following a Chinese business model and that just doesn't work in NA/EU.

The glaring issues and the poor treatment of the customer base and general insult to the playing customers over the course of time most of all is nothing less than dumbfounding. And lastly, Trion cares not.
I was trying to be positive, I was wanting to help effect positive changes, but now, I only log in to have fun with my clan and go to the areas I know still offer some mediocre drops in the game, but I did spend two hours looking over the internet for my next game.

But yeah, our furry white knight is sooooo correct, we should all be coming here with flowers and sunshine and smiles and offering our life savings to Trion for this platform and treatment.

Go furry white knight social justice warrior go... you are carrying the weight of the wisdom of forest gump on your shoulders!! (insert gif of doc yewll and her "isn't that crazy?? woo")

...and now for your viewing pleasure, a randomly selected image from that wonderful place known as the interwebs

https://img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/image/1387/26/1387264476856.jpg

Thearl
08-07-2014, 07:39 AM
I like this thread. Bone pretty much put to words what I'm thinking most of the time I have issues in game. I hope that as long as the show continues, there will continue to be at least piecemeal content added until SyFy pulls the plug.

Caveat:

..snip..

No matter what nobody deserves being treated in a demeaning fashion.

..snip..

After spending a few decades in big industry, doing everything from Chem E to QA, I can assure you that there are many people in the world that deserve being demeaned; harshly. Even dehumanized... maybe even deboned....

Yrkul
08-07-2014, 07:50 AM

The problem is, that the constructive critique is largely ignored. When people protested against the grenade changes, they were ignored, and some incoherent arguments about risk/reward was thrown at us. When testers pointed out the fundamental flaws in the scaling system and the amount of things that could and did go wrong if it was implemented, Trion went "LALALA..." and went through with it anyway. We're still seeing a badly tweaked scaling system, but Trion had to see the catastrophe in action, before they did anything about it. Do I even need to mention the warmaster?

Over a year of this nonsense has taught the community, that feedback and critique is rarely acted upon or even acknowledged. We have a creative lead, that has insulted parts of the community several times. And now we see a game we've invested in (some more heavily than others) on a steep decline, and Trion becoming "that company" despite Trick's assurances.

And that, my dear anthropomorph, is why we're all spikes, anger and disgust around here.

Oh, and Kiwibird needs a raise. "nods"

After spending a few decades in big industry, doing everything from Chem E to QA, I can assure you that there are many people in the world that deserve being demeaned; harshly. Even dehumanized... maybe even deboned....
I can verify this. Different line of work, same ugly lesson.

konstantinov
08-07-2014, 08:00 AM

Did you pay full retail for the game?

If not your opinion has little value to your target audience.

Bonehead
08-07-2014, 01:15 PM

If not your opinion has little value to your target audience.

I did .

N3gativeCr33p
08-07-2014, 01:34 PM
I have been running sites my whole adult life and I have never seen anyplace so heavy handed with "fines" as this place. The game is legitimately on a decline, and no one appears to care to listen.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing to myself just recently... on both counts. I would've never guessed than an independently operated forum would be less chaotic than this one. Wow.

*raises hand*

I'm also the proud owner of the season pass from last year. Sigh.

WiredRogue
08-07-2014, 01:35 PM
I gotta say, the voice of reason is nice to hear, but it's just too late for this disaster. I am usually the one trying to keep people calm, but from the very first DLC this game has been a disappointment. For what ever reason--frankly beyond any, I have kept coming back for more abuse. So maybe any vitriol I've slathered around lately is also self-reflective. So... toodles.

konstantinov
08-07-2014, 01:37 PM
Funny, I was thinking the same thing to myself just recently... on both counts. I would've never guessed than an independently operated forum would be less chaotic than this one. Wow.

*raises hand*

I'm also the proud owner of the season pass from last year. Sigh.

Yup $100 later.

Reb Graybeard
08-07-2014, 02:07 PM

If not your opinion has little value to your target audience.I did. Not season pass. Dumb, not that dumb! LOL

That said.

Mentioned earlier about the lack of response from The Company when constructive criticism is given has left a bad taste in the mouth of most of us that have been here for the long haul. Grenades, 7th Legion, scaling, broken DLp 2 {still broken to this day}.

I remember when I was one of The Companys' white knights. LOL Was warned then, as you are now, give it some time...

Half the ppl that warned me don't even grace these boards anymore. Some do. Bonehead, Negative creep, bigguy, kon, Atticus Batman, several others...I should have listened! LOL

Alastar
08-07-2014, 02:08 PM
This... great post.

Prepare for landslide of tears, trolling and more whining than a two year old that can't have candy.

EDIT: Ahh.. page 3, I'm too late.

Welcome back buddy :o Just curious. How many people have you demeaned and insulted today while attempting to maintain a stance of general and intellectual superiority :o

More to the topic at hand. Yeah I've said my bit about the changes. I don't think I've been particularly venemous. Tended to stick to sarcasm and jokes for the most part. Dem whales bruh. :cool: And no matter what anyone says that picture of the Ark that crashed on and crushed the Trion office is still my favorite part of the SV update ;) But yeah. There's been plenty of venom. Plenty of that constructive criticism too. At the end of the day just gotta take it all with a pinch of salt.

Bacon Overlord
08-07-2014, 02:11 PM
Welcome back buddy :o Just curious. How many people have you demeaned and insulted today while attempting to maintain a stance of general and intellectual superiority :o

More to the topic at hand. Yeah I've said my bit about the changes. I don't think I've been particularly venemous. Tended to stick to sarcasm and jokes for the most part. Dem whales bruh. :cool: And no matter what anyone says that picture of the Ark that crashed on and crushed the Trion office is still my favorite part of the SV update ;) But yeah. There's been plenty of venom. Plenty of that constructive criticism too. At the end of the day just gotta take it all with a pinch of salt.

As if on que and in complete support of the statement you quoted in your reply...

Thanks?

Bonehead
08-07-2014, 02:12 PM
At the end of the day just gotta take it all with a pinch of salt.

Amen Brother.

DeadEye68
08-07-2014, 02:21 PM

Whenever I read/hear about "constructive criticism" it's either about validation, or about some not too important issues.

Experience teaches you that goodwill and trust are more than often your worst enemies, and that's a sad realization.

Bacon Overlord
08-07-2014, 02:22 PM
Whenever I read/hear about "constructive criticism" it's either about validation, or about some not too important issues.

Experience teaches you that goodwill and trust are more than often your worst enemies, and that's a sad realization.

I'm fairly sure they call that cynicism.

This is a game, after all.

konstantinov
08-07-2014, 02:23 PM
As if on que and in complete support of the statement you quoted in your reply...

Thanks?

Hey buddy where have you been?

Alastar
08-07-2014, 02:27 PM
You see how he treats me when I was the one person asking people to lay off him while he went about complaining about childishness and proceeded to insult berate and demean everyone :( I just wanted a friend....

Pandur
08-07-2014, 02:27 PM

Well first off it's a gaming forum. Throwing insults at each other is part of the culture :P.

I do agree about the constructive criticism but how often can you over that till it turns sour.
This is not the first time Trion screwed his player base, at this point i lost count how often that happened.

And interestingly quite a few people bashing Trion now could be described as staunch supporters about a year back.
Trion just has this knack of turning most everyone against them.

JEMINAI
08-07-2014, 02:28 PM
most poster-abusers have been around since launch watching a game they love splutter and choke.
the bitter irony is if the game was actually terrible we would have all moved on.
Damn that original Dev Team!!!

Liquidacid
08-07-2014, 02:33 PM
making immature, unnecessary, and counterproductive posts is more fun

Bacon Overlord
08-07-2014, 02:35 PM
most poster-abusers have been around since launch watching a game they love splutter and choke.
the bitter irony is if the game was actually terrible we would have all moved on.
Damn that original Dev Team!!!

The irony is that posts that condemn the game are far more likely to chase away new people that might inject some funding into the game than the issues that some people "FEEL" are problems.

And I stress "FEEL".

Bonehead
08-07-2014, 02:36 PM
You see how he treats me when I was the one person asking people to lay off him while he went about complaining about childishness and proceeded to insult berate and demean everyone :( I just wanted a friend....

As do we all Al, as do we all.

Bonehead
08-07-2014, 02:38 PM
making immature, unnecessary, and counterproductive posts is more fun

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/giphy5_zps59f538ae.gif

Pandur
08-07-2014, 02:38 PM
The irony is that posts that condemn the game are far more likely to chase away new people that might inject some funding into the game than the issues that some people "FEEL" are problems.

And I stress "FEEL".

Well I consider that community service.

Copperpot
08-07-2014, 02:41 PM

And I stress "FEEL".

And since when is it the players job to "sell" the game to others?

Liquidacid
08-07-2014, 02:42 PM

I thought community service was when they take a bunch of you out of the cellblock and make you pick up trash on the side of the highway

Bacon Overlord
08-07-2014, 02:50 PM
And since when is it the players job to "sell" the game to others?

The point was the IRONY of someone saying they post negative things in the forum to try to get the game fixed.. when it does far more damage than any good.

Constructive criticisms of the game go much further and earn you far more respect than some of the stuff I see in here.

Unless, of course, your point in being negative is to get the game closed down. IN which case, you're doing a fine job.

Pandur
08-07-2014, 02:52 PM
I thought community service was when they take a bunch of you out of the cellblock and make you pick up trash on the side of the highway

Same thing just online.

drackiller
08-07-2014, 02:55 PM
The point was the IRONY of someone saying they post negative things in the forum to try to get the game fixed.. when it does far more damage than any good.

Constructive criticisms of the game go much further and earn you far more respect than some of the stuff I see in here.

Unless, of course, your point in being negative is to get the game closed down. IN which case, you're doing a fine job.

What planet do you live on dude!?
It`s not us that are doing harm to the game, that is TRION doing, not us.

Stop being like you are being right now, we had lots like you since the beggining of the game and then , some time after, people like you become the worst detractors of the game.

Stop lecturing people that has been here since the launch day of the game and that have PAYED for you to play it for free.

Bonehead
08-07-2014, 02:56 PM

Good times, damn good times.

Bacon Overlord
08-07-2014, 03:01 PM
What planet do you live on dude!?
It`s not us that are doing harm to the game, that is TRION doing, not us.

Stop being like you are being right now, we had lots like you since the beggining of the game and then , some time after, people like you become the worst detractors of the game.

Stop lecturing people that has been here since the launch day of the game and that have PAYED for you to play it for free.

Trion doesn't make you post pointless diatribe about the game in negative post after negative post. If they do, I recommend calling the police on the mean old gaming company that's FORCING you to make posts that are negative..................................

So.. I'm the detractor. I see.

Which do you think worse? Someone that cares about the game enough to keep people from posting negative things that will ultimately do damage to its playerbase, or someone that does the posting?

And.. I've been here since beta, lol. I've said that a few times now. It's ok that you assume my join date means the game join date... most people don't know the forum is separate.

drackiller
08-07-2014, 03:10 PM
Trion doesn't make you post pointless diatribe about the game in negative post after negative post. If they do, I recommend calling the police on the mean old gaming company that's FORCING you to make posts that are negative..................................

Which do you think worse? Someone that cares about the game enough to keep people from posting negative things that will ultimately do damage to its playerbase, or someone that does the posting?

And.. I've been here since beta, lol. I've said that a few times now. It's ok that you assume my join date means the game join date... most people don't know the forum is separate.

And i don`t believe you, any beta tester from this game is a proud player and proud to be here since the beggining, all of those people have forum accounts that date back then, they don`t create new forum accounts more than an year later.
You have the right to post whatever you like, I DON`T CARE and i have the right to feel bad about all the changes they made for worse. I have the right to make criticism about what i feel it`s wrong.
I paid for the game, i paid for those things they called DLC`s i bought item slots, i bought other things from time to time to support the game because IT WAS FUN to play.
Guess what, it`s not fun anymore.

konstantinov
08-07-2014, 03:11 PM

Oink Oink....

Bacon Overlord
08-07-2014, 03:31 PM
And i don`t believe you, any beta tester from this game is a proud player and proud to be here since the beggining, all of those people have forum accounts that date back then, they don`t create new forum accounts more than an year later.
You have the right to post whatever you like, I DON`T CARE and i have the right to feel bad about all the changes they made for worse. I have the right to make criticism about what i feel it`s wrong.
I paid for the game, i paid for those things they called DLC`s i bought item slots, i bought other things from time to time to support the game because IT WAS FUN to play.

If you don't care, why are you posting this big block of text about it?

Oddly the topic is what's wrong with the forums.

Good example: Someone that doesn't like the game is still here to write negative posts about it.

Why?

EDIT: If you ever seen me in game I can show you some "PROOF" that I've been here.. you know the Red charger, etc. Because I care so much about your opinion of me.. you know, because you don't like the game anymore or play because it's not fun. No, I guess that doesn't make sense.

konstantinov
08-07-2014, 03:34 PM

Good example: Someone that doesn't like the game is still here to write negative posts about it.

Why?

EDIT: If you ever seen me in game I can show you some "PROOF" that I've been here.. you know the Red charger, etc. Because I care so much about your opinion of me.. you know, because you don't like the game anymore or play because it's not fun. No, I guess that doesn't make sense.

Let's play nice now. Defiance has pitted us against each other. It's a travesty really.

drackiller
08-07-2014, 03:37 PM

Why?

So now you are assuming that because i`m critic about something i don`t like it?

Please...

Alastar
08-07-2014, 03:37 PM
let's play nice now. Defiance has pitted us against each other. It's a travesty really.

oh the humanity!!! ;)

WiredRogue
08-07-2014, 03:38 PM

Why?

Sorry dude, but I really can't help it. It was like a bolt of lightning--out of no where. I just see you channeling Tom Hardy's Bane when you respond.

Dandrielas
08-07-2014, 03:38 PM
I used to be that nice OP until I realized niceness gets you nowhere in this world. You sometimes have to be cruel and honest and brings lots of pain to make people understand they did wrong. For Trion, this is the case.

Wraither
08-07-2014, 03:39 PM
also this.

http://cuppacafe.com/images/blogimages/image5/Huge-Manatee.jpg

oh and /10char

Bacon Overlord
08-07-2014, 03:39 PM
So now you are assuming that because i`m critic about something i don`t like it?

Please...

No... because of this:

IT WAS FUN to play.

hmmmmmm.... yeah.

N3gativeCr33p
08-07-2014, 03:40 PM
Sorry dude, but I really can't help it. It was like a bolt of lightning--out of no where. I just see you channeling Tom Hardy's Bane when you respond.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1371421_o.gif

Bacon Overlord
08-07-2014, 03:40 PM
I used to be that nice OP until I realized niceness gets you nowhere in this world. You sometimes have to be cruel and honest and brings lots of pain to make people understand they did wrong. For Trion, this is the case.

There really is such a thing as honestly without cruelty. In fact, I'll be you'll find it much easier to be honest without the negativity thrown in.

drackiller
08-07-2014, 03:43 PM
No... because of this:

hmmmmmm.... yeah.
And that proves what? The game is not fun anymore, i didn`t said i don`t like the game.

Stop being what you are being, and that is me being nice.

Someone that not have even played 10 days of this game trying to tell us what to do and behave it`s hillarious at best.

Dandrielas
08-07-2014, 03:45 PM
There really is such a thing as honestly without cruelty. In fact, I'll be you'll find it much easier to be honest without the negativity thrown in.

The cruelty makes them get the pain they deserve though for causing you discomfort.

Bonehead
08-07-2014, 03:47 PM

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/giphy2_zps0fcc3a88.gif

Bonehead
08-07-2014, 03:48 PM
also this.

http://cuppacafe.com/images/blogimages/image5/Huge-Manatee.jpg

oh and /10char

That deserves some kind of prize.

Bacon Overlord
08-07-2014, 03:50 PM
And that proves what? The game is not fun anymore, i didn`t said i don`t like the game.

Stop being what you are being, and that is me being nice.

Someone that not have even played 10 days of this game trying to tell us what to do and behave it`s hillarious at best.

I'm really not sure what you're trying to say....

I guess you didn't know the forum logins and the game logins are separate. Most people don't.

Sorry, I guess I just assumed that since you said you didn't like the game that you didn't like the game.

Weird..

drackiller
08-07-2014, 03:54 PM
I'm really not sure what you're trying to say....

I guess you didn't know the forum logins and the game logins are separate. Most people don't.

Sorry, I guess I just assumed that since you said you didn't like the game that you didn't like the game.

Weird..
In what part have i said that i don`t like the game!? You are a funny guy, maybe a comedian !? LOL

And the less than 10 days are in your steam profile...don`t try to turn issues around.

I`m going to sleep, don`t have the patience to deal with people like you.

Bonehead
08-07-2014, 03:56 PM
Gnight Drac, sweet dreams.

drackiller
08-07-2014, 03:59 PM
Gnight Drac, sweet dreams.

Ty Bone :) Just 2 hours before i go to work. Better than nothing.

Copperpot
08-07-2014, 04:00 PM

Yikes man. Go to bed.

N3gativeCr33p
08-07-2014, 04:01 PM

Ugh... five hours is my minimum.

Copperpot's right... go to bed. lol

Pandur
08-07-2014, 04:04 PM

Uh that's harsh, makes me all the more glad I'm off the next 3 weeks. Sorry :P

Bonehead
08-07-2014, 04:05 PM
Makes me glad I'm retired.

Pandur
08-07-2014, 04:07 PM

Ugh now I'm envious :P

konstantinov
08-07-2014, 04:11 PM

Makes me glad I'm ******ed.

ZiddersRoofurry
08-07-2014, 10:46 PM
Wow..didn't quite expect this response. As far as people calling me a 'white knight' whatever lol

Just remember that two wrongs don't make a right. Being cruel to people doesn't change anything, and just because people have been cruel to you doesn't make it OK to turn around and do it to others. There are other ways to teach people it's just some time teaching others requires patience.

Yes, this game has issues. I'm not denying that people have reasons to complain. I do think that it would be foolish for Trion to ignore constructive critique just because it happens to be coached in harsh or insulting language but I can't say I wouldn't blame the developers for ignoring it. It's not healthy to deal with that sort of feedback on a daily basis.

DeadEye68
08-07-2014, 11:06 PM
It's not healthy to deal with that sort of feedback on a daily basis.

It's not healthy to ignore feedback, squarely brush it away and let things go sour. Feedback has been requested, "constructive criticism" requested (without ever defining what "constructive" stands for). Feedback has been provided, criticism has been provided. Most of it got ignored, part of it deemed not important, long term players accused of not understanding the game, unrequested changes where made to features no one asked to be changed, requests where addressed with inappropriate "fixes".

Patience is a virtue until you let people abuse it. You have to draw a line at some point.

Even the best natured dog will bite you someday if you keep kicking him.

Yrkul
08-08-2014, 12:01 AM
How convenient.

And the less than 10 days are in your steam profile...don`t try to turn issues around.
I only noticed the 222 hours playtime, which can be racked up in a couple of weeks vacation. Hmmm... Summer. Where do you see time of purchase? I don't use Steam, so I don't know all the profile features.

In any case, 222 hours aren't much to build up a throrough experience of the game, and if those 222 hours are spread out across more than a year, as claimed, most of that knowledge will be obsolete, due to the radical changes in 1.5 and later.

It's not healthy to ignore feedback, squarely brush it away and let things go sour. Feedback has been requested, "constructive criticism" requested (without ever defining what "constructive" stands for). Feedback has been provided, criticism has been provided. Most of it got ignored, part of it deemed not important, long term players accused of not understanding the game, unrequested changes where made to features no one asked to be changed, requests where addressed with inappropriate "fixes".

Patience is a virtue until you let people abuse it. You have to draw a line at some point.

Even the best natured dog will bite you someday if you keep kicking him.
And that really is the essence of this kerfuffle. The ones protesting on the forum still have a feeling of investment in the game. The ones without such an attachment just leave.

Wow..didn't quite expect this response. As far as people calling me a 'white knight' whatever lol

Just remember that two wrongs don't make a right. Being cruel to people doesn't change anything, and just because people have been cruel to you doesn't make it OK to turn around and do it to others. There are other ways to teach people it's just some time teaching others requires patience.

Yes, this game has issues. I'm not denying that people have reasons to complain. I do think that it would be foolish for Trion to ignore constructive critique just because it happens to be coached in harsh or insulting language but I can't say I wouldn't blame the developers for ignoring it. It's not healthy to deal with that sort of feedback on a daily basis.
And there are names for people, who just let others walk all over them: "Doormat", "Chump", "Victim".

Others have pointed out, that you're new here. Trust me. Given time, darkness shall embrace your heart as well. Frustration shall taint your gaming experience. Resentment shall take root, fed by the incessant tugging at your wallet.

You shall be

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6478280_f520.jpg

ONE OF US!!!

drackiller
08-08-2014, 12:02 AM
Ugh... five hours is my minimum.

Copperpot's right... go to bed. lol
LOL, i already have slept 4 hours in the afternoon after lunch. I have a very irregular sleep time.
Been like that since i was little.

JEMINAI
08-08-2014, 07:00 AM
1,504 hrs on record. Kill me now :/

Stogie
08-08-2014, 07:15 AM
My Therapist is in favor of the changes, anything that gets me to spend less time and money on this game is in his view a good thing.

Copperpot
08-08-2014, 07:18 AM
LOL, i already have slept 4 hours in the afternoon after lunch. I have a very irregular sleep time.
Been like that since i was little.

I wish i could do that. American culture is so annoying sometimes. Work work work and even when I try to nap, I can't.

Stogie
08-08-2014, 07:26 AM
I find myself spending more time on the Forum than in the game, I wonder when they will start charging arkforge for posting?

drackiller
08-08-2014, 07:35 AM
I find myself spending more time on the Forum than in the game, I wonder when they will start charging arkforge for posting?
LOL, good question.

JWCampb
08-08-2014, 07:38 AM

You're expecting d0uche bags to go against their d0uche bag nature?

drackiller
08-08-2014, 07:44 AM

Yet you are one your self, your post just proved it.

konstantinov
08-08-2014, 07:46 AM

You location made me laugh.