PDA

View Full Version : Only Good Players Can Earn Arkforge

ironcladtrash
08-07-2014, 07:56 AM
I didn't want to derail the score thread to track ark forge gains.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?170273-Post-Scores-and-Arkforge-Key-Code-Rewards-Here-Please/page10

In my anger about the nerf of rewards and ark forge gains I completely overlooked something until a clan mate pointed it out last night. The players posting in that thread for scores are generally very good players. If the Arkforge gains are that minimal for good players any casual player that can't always score high is completely hosed.

silencer_pl
08-07-2014, 08:10 AM
You get arkforge if you are at the bottom of the scoreboard too (I got 2 af once while being 3rd to last). There might be some threshold that gives you a chance for a bonus, but its not determined purely by score.

It does however skip you if you are a late joiner I've noticed, though that isn't a new thing as far as I remember.

internaut
08-07-2014, 09:02 AM
You get the most arkforge if you are at the top of the list. That is obviously score related and the best players, combined with a fat wallet (used for 107% score boost), will end up on top with 40 plus arkforge per event. That is why WM is just free for all, get in, score big (shooting any spot that's in view, arms, back) and walk out smiling with some hard arkforge.

bigguy
08-07-2014, 09:13 AM
For anyone who hasnt played recently or not noticed the average for a high score at an arkfall is 5 arkforge

ironcladtrash
08-07-2014, 09:14 AM
You get the most arkforge if you are at the top of the list. That is obviously score related and the best players, combined with a fat wallet (used for 107% score boost), will end up on top with 40 plus arkforge per event. That is why WM is just free for all, get in, score big (shooting any spot that's in view, arms, back) and walk out smiling with some hard arkforge.

That's not true at all any more for the "40 plus arkforge per event" which is why everyone is so mad about the Arkforge nerf. The most I have seen so far was 12 for a score above 300k.

For anyone who hasnt played recently or not noticed the average for a high score at an arkfall is 5 arkforge

This is exactly what I am seeing. An average of 5 for a great score is way too low. So newer or non hardcore players are screwed.

internaut
08-07-2014, 09:20 AM
Well ironclad, then i suppose even the people forking out the cash for boosts are being shagged multiple ways from Sunday.

1B63C8E0109425B
08-07-2014, 09:24 AM
Well ironclad, then i suppose even the people forking out the cash for boosts are being shagged multiple ways from Sunday.

you just can screw one you have to screw them all

internaut
08-07-2014, 09:28 AM
Yes, multiple screws, orgies, its Sodom an Gomorah LOL

Dandrielas
08-07-2014, 09:28 AM
Eh, I can farm one event for four hours with a score of over 400k and only get 15 AF now where as before I got 40 AF.

OttawaREDBLACKS
08-07-2014, 09:30 AM
the scoring system doesn't prove ****. teamwork points are stupid and no indicator that you did anything. I prefer to atleast see damage numbers and to see oh yeah this guy contributed x amount and killed/ assisted x amount.

Deunan
08-07-2014, 09:32 AM
That's not true at all any more for the "40 plus arkforge per event" which is why everyone is so mad about the Arkforge nerf. The most I have seen so far was 12 for a score above 300k.Also, they reduced armor break and full break points drastically so those 500k-900k scores for the Warmaster are no longer achievable.

ironcladtrash
08-07-2014, 09:35 AM

Yes 100%. Everyone is getting boned by this.

ironcladtrash
08-07-2014, 09:37 AM
Also, they reduced armor break and full break points drastically so those 500k-900k scores for the Warmaster are no longer achievable.

****, I didn't know that either. There really is 0 reason to go a WM now.

Copperpot
08-07-2014, 09:39 AM
Maybe trion is preparing to introduce another type of money. Let's see.... Silicon Valley is new.... Silicon is used in implants... I got it! New money will be called BOOBS! How do we spend it though? We don't. Because we only get two.

Varmint Hunter
08-07-2014, 10:12 AM
You don't have to be good to net AF, just score over 80,000 points. I'm proof!

TalynOne
08-07-2014, 11:33 AM
You don't have to be good to net AF, just score over 80,000 points. I'm proof!

LOL, you don't have to be a good biker to compete in a race, just place in the top 5! There are plenty of players who score very low in arkfalls/sieges/etc, either because of lack of EGO, weapons and/or skill. At least back in the day you were guaranteed at least 6 keys per dark matter if you put in your heals, so anyone could earn keys at a regular (at that time) rate.

Zexceed
08-07-2014, 02:41 PM
I usually score in the top 3 at most everything...and I'm getting such a low amount of arkforge its not even funny. I like to use it to upgrade my primary gun's rating to stay with my ego level. Now I cant even attain enough arkforge to keep up with my ego increases. -.-

Bacon Overlord
08-07-2014, 02:42 PM
I didn't want to derail the score thread to track ark forge gains.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?170273-Post-Scores-and-Arkforge-Key-Code-Rewards-Here-Please/page10

In my anger about the nerf of rewards and ark forge gains I completely overlooked something until a clan mate pointed it out last night. The players posting in that thread for scores are generally very good players. If the Arkforge gains are that minimal for good players any casual player that can't always score high is completely hosed.

Or.. they might have to save some up to upgrade their weapons? Don't forget, the great equalizer is that there is a cap on the EGO level. Everyone catches up at that point.

ironcladtrash
08-07-2014, 03:07 PM
I usually score in the top 3 at most everything...and I'm getting such a low amount of arkforge its not even funny. I like to use it to upgrade my primary gun's rating to stay with my ego level. Now I cant even attain enough arkforge to keep up with my ego increases. -.-

It was bad before too. I still have a couple hundred guns that are at EGO 5k. I need to get them to 5500 before I can use them. Most are garbage and not worth it until we can re roll stats, but some I would still like to use. I only have a couple of guns I was able to upgrade to 5500 I since the ark forge system was introduced. Now it will be flat out impossible to gain enough ark forge to do it, and I am an experienced player.

Bonehead
08-07-2014, 03:13 PM
It was bad before too. I still have a couple hundred guns that are at EGO 5k. I need to get them to 5500 before I can use them. Most are garbage and not worth it until we can re roll stats, but some I would still like to use. I only have a couple of guns I was able to upgrade to 5500 I since the ark forge system was introduced. Now it will be flat out impossible to gain enough ark forge to do it, and I am an experienced player.

Just like Baconator says, they have plenty at the bit store.

Bacon Overlord
08-07-2014, 03:14 PM

I see.. now you're following me from thread to thread to derail and misquote me. You know this is called "trolling", right?

N3gativeCr33p
08-07-2014, 03:15 PM

Yummy.... Wendy's has great burgers.

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/ktul/sales/baconatorcoupon2.jpg

Bacon Overlord
08-07-2014, 03:19 PM
You do realize this thread is about Arkforge?

I know it's difficult to stay on topic sometimes, but give it a try?

N3gativeCr33p
08-07-2014, 03:21 PM
The AF drop rate needs to be addressed. It is substandard. Resistance is futile.

ironcladtrash
08-07-2014, 03:22 PM
Yummy.... Wendy's has great burgers.

Damn that makes me really hungry for one. Too bad the Wendy's here doesn't always cook the bacon crispy so it's like Trion's RNG on if it will be a good burger or not.

N3gativeCr33p
08-07-2014, 03:24 PM
Damn that makes me really hungry for one. Too bad the Wendy's here doesn't always cook the bacon crispy so it's like Trion's RNG on if it will be a good burger or not.

There are two around my house, and one of them is like Shondu's where I know the bacon is crispy 9 times out of 10.

Sexy time.

Bacon Overlord
The AF drop rate needs to be addressed. It is substandard. Resistance is futile.

If someone could put together a matrix based on the drop rates for specific ranks and then compare them to the costs of upgrading a set of weapons in the past vs. now.. Maybe something like that would make more sense to the devs. It could give them something to send up their chain to rattle a cage or two.

An opinion is fine.. that's your opinion and it's a good one. But, nothing is going to change with just an opinion.

Pandur

Do they charge 10 bucks for a RNG burger too ? RNG= Added value you know.

Bonehead
08-07-2014, 03:30 PM
I see.. now you're following me from thread to thread to derail and misquote me. You know this is called "trolling", right?

Please do not feel singled out. I am an older retired guy who spends time on the forum. Simple as that. The statement you made that I referenced regarding arkforge was;

I never really kept track since I just buy some when I need it. But, that could be possibly the point. In a game that's F2P they have to make some money somehow. If folks aren't willing supporting the game, sometimes a little discomfort can be thrown in.

How exactly is that misquoting you? I'm still a bit curious about how a player that has played since beta benifits from a 20% exp boost btw.

Deunan
08-07-2014, 03:54 PM
Or.. they might have to save some up to upgrade their weapons? Don't forget, the great equalizer is that there is a cap on the EGO level. Everyone catches up at that point.Well not everyone. The game has a fair amount of casual players even after the dynamic scaling fiasco and their scores are generally never going to improve much because they don't min/max things or at least not that much. On the other hand I think that at least some of them also probably don't care as much (at all?) about the drop in key code and Arkforge yields from events.

Ruinne
08-07-2014, 03:58 PM
The worst players can get even more Ark Forge than the best.

The finest in Ark Forge (which is now greatly devalued so.. whatever) is available from the in-game cash shop. Well, it's not a cash shop, you will always have a few bits left so the powers that be can take some of your money without have to provide you with any services!

Copperpot
08-07-2014, 04:02 PM
Well not everyone. The game has a fair amount of casual players even after the dynamic scaling fiasco and their scores are generally never going to improve much because they don't min/max things or at least not that much. On the other hand I think that at least some of them also probably don't care as much (at all?) about the drop in key code and Arkforge yields from events.

I'm a casual player. I rely on you guys to notice these things for me. And I care, maybe not as much as some but I care. Plus I like you guys and I have fun on the forums. Awwww.

Pandur
08-07-2014, 04:06 PM
The worst players can get even more Ark Forge than the best.

The finest in Ark Forge (which is now greatly devalued so.. whatever) is available from the in-game cash shop. Well, it's not a cash shop, you will always have a few bits left so the powers that be can take some of your money without have to provide you with any services!

That's not true, I mean a big wallet makes you a good player.......right ?

Darien
08-07-2014, 04:27 PM
Only Good Players Can Earn Arkforge

Why is this a bad thing?

Bad players should not get the same rewards as good players.

Darien
08-07-2014, 04:30 PM
their scores are generally never going to improve much because they don't min/max things or at least not that much.

Min/maxing does not affect your score very much on the things that pay the most.

Not using completely terrible weapons is not min/maxing. You do not use AOE weapons on single target fights. We call that not being a knuckle-dragging ******.

ironcladtrash
08-07-2014, 04:36 PM
Why is this a bad thing?

I agree skill should be rewarded but they shouldn't be shut out all together. The new nerfed reward system right now is extremely brutal for top scores and almost non existent for anything less. They introduced the progression system for everyone and F2P also brought a lot of new and casual players. Some may not care at all but otherwise the only way to upgrade your gear is the bit store. The bit store should be a convenience not a necessity.

DeadEye68
08-07-2014, 04:36 PM

[/sarcasm] Oh no, this is politically incorrect. Nowadays everybody has to be a winner, if not some feelings may get hurt. [/sarcasm]

You can score well without being that good of a player, knowledge of scoring mechanics is sufficient. But this has become pretty much irrelevant now that rewards have been axed.

Zexceed
08-07-2014, 04:43 PM
Why is this a bad thing?

Yeah, but the point his is making the nerf was so brutal, even the top performing players are making very little, and the ones that aren't topping are getting absolutely nothing. I agree bad players should not get as much as good players, but say someone incompetent plays, and they arent good at the game, even if they try (hence my brother), they should still be able to earn some arkforge by participating and competing, otherwise it's just a deterrent to the game for them.

Darien
08-07-2014, 04:52 PM
Yeah, but the point his is making the nerf was so brutal, even the top performing players are making very little, and the ones that aren't topping are getting absolutely nothing. I agree bad players should not get as much as good players, but say someone incompetent plays, and they arent good at the game, even if they try (hence my brother), they should still be able to earn some arkforge by participating and competing, otherwise it's just a deterrent to the game for them.

If someone incompetent plays Mario Brothers and always falls in the first hole, he does not get a consolation prize.

Using a rocket launcher against Warmaster, for example, is the same level of terrible as falling into the first hole. If you are only good enough to kill yourself, maybe you should stop playing video games and stick to what you are good at.

xxxxmingoxxxx
08-07-2014, 04:55 PM
there is still a way to make 20 to 25 arkforge every 20 min.kill every bad guy with non exsplosive weapons 15 key codes 18to 25 arkforge 30 to 45000 scrip.

Darien
08-07-2014, 04:56 PM
I agree skill should be rewarded but they shouldn't be shut out all together. The new nerfed reward system right now is extremely brutal for top scores and almost non existent for anything less. They introduced the progression system for everyone and F2P also brought a lot of new and casual players. Some may not care at all but otherwise the only way to upgrade your gear is the bit store. The bit store should be a convenience not a necessity.

If you do nothing but shoot Warmaster with a BMG, you will score high enough to get at least a few Arkforge, due to teamwork. It is easy enough. If you cannot score over 35k on a 6 minute fight, you do not deserve anything. Since even a 20 EGO player can get into Warmaster, they can start farming Arkforge there until they learn how to kill something.

Or they can take their terrible rockets and coldfire weapons to an Afflicted Incursion.

Even the worst weapons in the game will earn you some points somewhere.

ironcladtrash
08-07-2014, 05:01 PM
If you do nothing but shoot Warmaster with a BMG, you will score high enough to get at least a few Arkforge, due to teamwork. It is easy enough. If you cannot score over 35k on a 6 minute fight, you do not deserve anything. Since even a 20 EGO player can get into Warmaster, they can start farming Arkforge there until they learn how to kill something.

That was not really my point. If you think the new rates are acceptable then that's fine that's your oppionion and you are entitled to it.

Darien
08-07-2014, 05:11 PM
That was not really my point. If you think the new rates are acceptable then that's fine that's your oppionion and you are entitled to it.

Your point is that they cannot earn ANY.

If they can earn ONE per event, that is the price of being bad.

If someone cannot earn any in an event, and thought "This game is bad, I will quit" instead of "I am bad, how do I fix it?", good riddance.

xxxxmingoxxxx
08-07-2014, 05:26 PM
the price of being bad just got extended to better than average players and the bad go on food stamps sorry arkforge stamps

ironcladtrash
08-07-2014, 05:30 PM
Your point is that they cannot earn ANY.

If they can earn ONE per event, that is the price of being bad.

If someone cannot earn any in an event, and thought "This game is bad, I will quit" instead of "I am bad, how do I fix it?", good riddance.

No my point was in the original post that now "the Arkforge gains are that minimal for good players any casual player that can't always score high is completely hosed."

The Arkforge rates are horrible now. The old scoring system players lower on the leader score could at least get some, like the equivalent of what the top tier get now. The rate is so low now even for top tier it takes an extremely long time to earn enough to do anything with.

Darien
08-07-2014, 06:29 PM
No my point was in the original post that now "the Arkforge gains are that minimal for good players any casual player that can't always score high is completely hosed."

The Arkforge rates are horrible now. The old scoring system players lower on the leader score could at least get some, like the equivalent of what the top tier get now. The rate is so low now even for top tier it takes an extremely long time to earn enough to do anything with.

The drop rates seem fine. I am not sure how much premium currency you expect to be given for free, but it sounds like you are spending a lot of it on weapons that do not deserve to be upgraded.

DeadEye68
08-07-2014, 06:34 PM
The drop rates seem fine. I am not sure how much premium currency you expect to be given for free, but it sounds like you are spending a lot of it on weapons that do not deserve to be upgraded.

It's the usual Trion rubber banding, at first they give you a limousine then shortly afterwards downgrade it to a food cart. Make it a food cart from the start, and no one would be complaining.

ironcladtrash
08-07-2014, 06:40 PM

Would you mind sharing your results too in Deuan's thread? It would be great to see more results in there. I will later myself if I am not in PVP again all night.

I honestly don't have an answer for you on how much arkforge I expect but the previous scores and rewards seemed reasonable.

For me personally I do have a ton of weapons but haven't upgraded most of them. I could never earn enough, but I am probably not a typical player. I am weapon hoarder and currently have 424 slots. It is definitely true most are are garbage and stuck at 5k just waiting for rerolls some day. There are still plenty I would like to upgrade though.

ironcladtrash
08-07-2014, 06:46 PM
Double post

Chump Norris
08-07-2014, 06:48 PM
Weapons are end game content now I suppose.

I cant see how a noob could keep their gear upgraded with these forge drops.

EDIT: Besides using real money of course :)

DeadEye68
08-07-2014, 06:50 PM
I cant see how a noob could keep their gear upgraded with these forge drops.

Buy greens at vendors, and hope for something to drop along the way.

SilverWF
08-07-2014, 07:07 PM
You can be good as Superman now, but you'll get the same amount of AK and AF as really bad player before this changes.
Some middle and lower skilled players will recieve nearly nothing - not worth of spending time
They will stop visiting this events
And since number of players will be lesser, reward for really good players will be lowered too. Also, some events will be uncompletable without huge pack of noobs.

SilverWF
08-07-2014, 07:10 PM
Buy greens at vendors, and hope for something to drop along the way.
Think about your answer again, and again, until you'll find error.

DeadEye68
08-07-2014, 07:18 PM
Think about your answer again, and again, until you'll find error.

No error, fully intentional. Those are the ones you can buy only for scrip without any rep grinding. Placeholder weapons while you pray for the longer chase to get profitable.
Purple rep weapons have no rolls making them worth upgrading to OJ.
I merely pointed at the cheapest, easiest to get halfway decent weapons in the game.

Bonehead
08-07-2014, 07:20 PM
No error, fully intentional. Those are the ones you can buy only for scrip without any rep grinding. Placeholder weapons while you pray for the longer chase to get profitable.

Yea and as long as they are close to your ego they work fine after ego 1200 or so.

hardy83
08-07-2014, 08:07 PM
They should've just capped how much arkforge a person can earn in a day or something instead of nerfing the AF rewards into oblivion.

SirServed
08-07-2014, 11:13 PM
They should've just capped how much arkforge a person can earn in a day or something instead of nerfing the AF rewards into oblivion.
Then what happens when people only play long enough to cap their Arkforge for the day? I don't participate in events solely for Arkforge, it's a result of my participation. I will always take the unlimited reward as long as I can work for it over an easy daily cap. While I do support the new system in theory, they didn't go about deploying it in a prudent manner. As long as they are willing to review and tweak numbers, things will calm down eventually.

SilverWF
08-08-2014, 02:08 AM
No error, fully intentional.
You will able to upgrade it's rarity only once!

DeadEye68
08-08-2014, 02:17 AM
You will able to upgrade it's rarity only once!

Read my post again.

Vendor weapons will level accordingly to your current EGO per 125/250 increments. Which means you'll be able to buy one around your current rating up to 4.5K or 5K EGO, depending on the weapon or vendor.

No need for rating upgrades, and somewhere along the road you may be very lucky and either loot or get rewarded with a good weapon.

None of the purple vendor weapons is worth upgrading.

Greens are good as temporary, cheap, easy to replace, decent weapons ... placeholders.

Bonehead
08-08-2014, 02:39 AM
Read my post again.

Vendor weapons will level accordingly to your current EGO per 125/250 increments. Which means you'll be able to buy one around your current rating up to 4.5K or 5K EGO, depending on the weapon or vendor.

No need for rating upgrades, and somewhere along the road you may be very lucky and either loot or get rewarded with a good weapon.

Greens are good as temporary, cheap, easy to replace, decent weapons ... placeholders.

Decent blues at the hidden vendors too.

Smeejo
08-08-2014, 02:52 AM
I honestly don't see what the big deal is. Maybe it's because I'm new to the game (post f2p switch) but I have zero problems with gear. I use what is dropped for me until it is mastered and then I switch to something else. I started with a white AR and while leveling that found a green one. Held on to that until the white was mastered then switched to the green.

This is the style that almost every mmo I have ever played follows. You don't just hold on to one piece of equipment forever. You change your gear with loot you find as you go. Sticking with one piece of gear is reserved only for those that have progressed as far as they can in the game.

I feel like a LOT of people, especially on these forums, are drastically over reacting to the situation.

TLDR: Don't hold on and upgrade gear use loot you find as drops while leveling... problem solved.

DeadEye68
08-08-2014, 02:52 AM
Decent blues at the hidden vendors too.

Non special offers ?

All special offers I checked so far were encrypted.

TLDR: Don't hold on and upgrade gear use loot you find as drops while leveling... problem solved.

We should talk about this again once you've hit the wall. Your perspective may a bit different then. Heck, the whole thing only affects us long term players marginally at worst. Newcomers are going to take the biggest hit, they may not know it yet but there's a roadblock ahead.

I'm pretty sure that some will still be around saying "We told you so".

Bonehead
08-08-2014, 03:02 AM
Non special offers ?

All special offers I checked so far were encrypted.

I have to check that but at the hermits hideaway you can get a good non-special blue AR with a wicked cool winter cammo skin, sawn off shotgun and sniper all the time.
The caretaker's shack has some blues as well and so does the vendor at crystal pond. I don't know it they are encripted but they aren't expensive.

Chump Norris
08-08-2014, 03:04 AM
Yep collecting/making good weapons is now end game content.

If any of my friends who were planning to join on July 15th still do I will be sure to let them know to save their forge.

EDIT: There was a pretty nice Blue Bio Commando SMG with veteran syn at one vendor.

DeadEye68
08-08-2014, 03:07 AM
Yep collecting/making good weapons is now end game content.

We have to give Trick credit here. He invented a new type of endgame ... chasing loot that doesn't exist. The ultimate endgame that never ends.

PS : time to bash some stuff on Marvel Heroes, I feel anger building up. Don't really want to spew venom around here, so I'm gonna vent a bit.

Smeejo
08-08-2014, 03:11 AM
We should talk about this again once you've hit the wall. Your perspective may a bit different then. Heck, the whole thing only affects us long term players marginally at worst. Newcomers are going to take the biggest hit, they may not know it yet but there's a roadblock ahead.

I'm pretty sure that some will still be around saying "We told you so".

Well, I'm just barely over 700 ego at the moment. I believe like.. 710 or something. I've yet to use any arkforge so by the time I do hit that wall, theoretically speaking mind you, I should be able to spend some of it to upgrade a weapon or maybe two in order to get me past it.

Big Jack Shepard
08-08-2014, 03:13 AM
Well, I'm just barely over 700 ego at the moment. I believe like.. 710 or something. I've yet to use any arkforge so by the time I do hit that wall, theoretically speaking mind you, I should be able to spend some of it to upgrade a weapon or maybe two in order to get me past it.Its a pretty big wall.

Amack
08-08-2014, 03:37 AM
Its a pretty big wall.

Like this one, only bigger.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2s7hvr8.jpg

DeadEye68
08-08-2014, 04:05 AM
Like this one, only bigger.

But it's a brand new one !

SilverWF
08-08-2014, 08:06 AM
Read my post again.

Mate, I've said about rarity, not rating
Sure, untill you are hit lvlcap you can live with green stuff, but what after? You will upgrade it to blue and... try to be so lucky and get gold/purple item of needed type, with all good rolls and synergies? hah!
How many years you will spend for this (or dollars)?
Now I didn't have even green items of my dream: my slugger is perfect, but fire nano, my quick repeater is good, but no assassin synergy, my VBI Ar with wrong synergy too. And try to imagine, how many items I'm receiving every day - a hundreds!

Lol, for a some reasons, yesterday I've got 3 gold Volge LMGs and 1 purple. And 1 of them (gold) even was with absolutely cools rolls (all crit and EGO refresh on critical) and with assassin synergy. But, you know, this is Volge item - Electro nano, pretty low RoF and not too big damage for this RoF...

Alastar
08-08-2014, 08:11 AM
I honestly don't see what the big deal is. Maybe it's because I'm new to the game (post f2p switch) but I have zero problems with gear. I use what is dropped for me until it is mastered and then I switch to something else. I started with a white AR and while leveling that found a green one. Held on to that until the white was mastered then switched to the green.

This is the style that almost every mmo I have ever played follows. You don't just hold on to one piece of equipment forever. You change your gear with loot you find as you go. Sticking with one piece of gear is reserved only for those that have progressed as far as they can in the game.

I feel like a LOT of people, especially on these forums, are drastically over reacting to the situation.

Most everyone you see here complaining has gone pretty much as high as they can go lol. There's the random new person that sees this change and says **** this sure but for the most part yeah. Pretty much maxed lol.

Unique One
08-08-2014, 08:49 AM

... and what exactly do you propose that we do with the faction gear that we grinded weeks for and quickly falls below our ego rating?

Chris Freedom
08-08-2014, 08:52 AM
I played yesterday for literally about 12 hours straight, I got 50 keys and 43 forge, I went to every dm and wm I could ran 2 expert co-ops and I am disappointed.

Smeejo
08-08-2014, 06:52 PM
... and what exactly do you propose that we do with the faction gear that we grinded weeks for and quickly falls below our ego rating?

*shrugs* I don't get faction gear cause I'm not max level yet and that's how I view faction stuff. The only thing I spend faction rep on is vehicles so far. I'd spend on outfits too if there was one I liked in there.

alred
08-08-2014, 06:57 PM
Why the angst over lack of arkforge? With encoded weapons, arkforge is no longer needed, right? Hence why get upset over it?

Granted, I am a casual player that doesn't even modify his weapons. I just use what drops, and scrap everything else. Shocking, I know, but that is how I roll.

Smeejo
08-08-2014, 07:04 PM
Why the angst over lack of arkforge? With encoded weapons, arkforge is no longer needed, right? Hence why get upset over it?

Granted, I am a casual player that doesn't even modify his weapons. I just use what drops, and scrap everything else. Shocking, I know, but that is how I roll.

Pretty much same thing here alred only I'm not scrapping I'm selling to the vendors. Had a bit of a script hickup due to changing ego perks over and over finding what I liked that I had to make up for lol.

Unique One
08-08-2014, 07:18 PM
*shrugs* I don't get faction gear cause I'm not max level yet and that's how I view faction stuff. The only thing I spend faction rep on is vehicles so far. I'd spend on outfits too if there was one I liked in there.

Well the rest of us do.

Being left up shtaco creek without a paddle by greedy marketers was definately not mentioned in the description/sales pitch.

Many faction items don't even come at your level. WTF are people meant to do with those now???

Tobalaz
08-15-2014, 06:47 PM
You can't just jump in at the end anymore, you have to be there at the start of an excursion or an arkfall to rank high and get a decent reward.
So long as the game doesn't feel like I grind I'm ok with it for now.

Pandur
08-15-2014, 06:51 PM
So long as the game doesn't feel like I grind I'm ok with it for now.

I think that is mainly the problem, it only feels like a grind now.