PDA

View Full Version : What to do in Defiance?

Halfsand
08-07-2014, 09:59 AM
So i'm a new player, just started less than a week ago.

I recently hit 1000 ego and managed to unlock all the perk slots.

I got a few purple weapons; some from drops, some from boxes and fooled around with them for a bit.

Now that I completed all the main missions, episode missions and sidemissions, I tried to replay the part (season 1) I enjoyed the most and It won't let me, what a shame.

I played and replayed some seige, conflict zones and all kinds of arkfalls (both minor + major) and even managed to get into an arkbreak with that giant monkey warmaster something. However, I felt that my contributions are insignificant in these large events as I can just stand there and do nothing and achieve basically the same result (most of these events I attended, tend to be carried by few very very overpowered characters, so newbies like me felt like we're basically contributing nothing and getting in the way as everything dies before we even get a chance to target them). The rewards are lame, a few white/greens, maybe a blue plus couple hundred scrips and a few keycodes. After the recent update from like 2 days ago, I can't even do those reliably anymore as I get randomly disconnected and put into queue if I want to re-enter/re-log in.

I tried some coop, and people with like 4000+ ego join; and while it takes me like a whole clip to kill a grunt with an assault rifle/shotgun (purple quality with damage rolls on them), the 4000 or 5000+ ego players kill them in 1 shot... so it becomes a running simulator following the leader...again, wtf is the point of playing those. I saw some of the bosses and they look really fun, and very well designed. I can imagine the fun it'd be with a group of similar level people struggling to beat it rather than getting forcely carried by 2-3 players twice to 4x your level finishing them under like 20 seconds or so. The game won't even let me solo these dungeons (I don't think or I havn't found out how yet).

Sooo, really not sure what to do now. I don't feel like replaying the main quests again, especially the tedious side quests of activating/collecting this or that. The large scale events tend to disconnect me randomly after the new update, plus as a new player, I feel like my contributions are negligent. I collected like 300k+ scrips and 500k+ salvage from doing the quests+ killing stuff+ those random missions on the roads, but don't have anything worthwhile to spend them on. I feel that my purple guns are better than the vendor guns for the most part.

Players ingame are really absent and/or anti-social, nobody ever talks. You do 1 mission (outside of those large scale events), and rarely, a guy join. When the mission is done, the dude poofs, nada, not even a word. I tried to communicate with them and no reply. Zone + area chat always empty, nothing.

Pvp really isn't my thing and is not what I want to do in this game. If I want to pvp, I'll go play another game designed for large scale pvping.

I don't see anything left to do. I guess I can grind for the next 999999999999999+ hours for 5000+ ego maxing out everything and those pursuits, or spend like a mad man on boxes hoping for a good orange (because they sure as hell aren't dropping ingame, that or is cuz of my terrible luck), but in the end, what's the point? Where/what is the endgame content where I can use those gun? Is it possible to create your own instanced arkfall/seige event with a few friends? I can see myself introducing a few real life friends to play if we can create our own instances of those large scale events and do mission together. That way, it's more fun and our leveling ego + finding orange guns are meanful and useful on those events. Can someone tell me what the current endgame for defiance is?

Also, where are all the active social players at? Are there like none left? What's up with all the hostility and negativity on the forums? I can't help but think this game is gonna tank any moment now. If that is the case, I sure as hell don't want to spend my time and money on a MMO game that might shut down next week/month.

Sorry for the essay haha, just really bored and nothing to do ingame. Someone tell me where the endgame for defiance is at. Much appreciated, thanks.

I gotta say, I really enjoyed the main quests and episode missions. I had a blast, and it was time well spent. Really happy I get to experience all that as f2p. But if that's all there is (ie. no endgame), I guess it's time i'll move onto the next game. If there is more to the endgame, I can see myself getting some bits to upgrade my weapons, level up my ego higher and get the dlcs, and hopefully the game doesn't shut down in like a month (judging from the negativity on the forums).

Edit: oh another quick question, is it possible to select your team for the co-op maps? Ie. inviting your friends only instead of getting randomly matched?

Copperpot
08-07-2014, 10:07 AM
Sorry for the essay haha, just really bored and nothing to do ingame. Someone tell me where the endgame for defiance is at. Much appreciated, thanks.

I felt this way last night after quitting partway through the new silicon missions out of boredom. Endgame is really about getting the best weapons and maxing EGO. Not sure if I will continue after maxing EGO and that's all I've really been focused on. I'm at 5000+ and feeling boooorrrrreeeedddd.

Alastar
08-07-2014, 10:09 AM
The games not gonna shut down in a month lol. Not unless Trion is hemorrhaging money on Defiance. As for what to do well Defiance is pretty much a grind fest. I'm very certain you've got a number of pursuits you can do (grind fest) that aren't PvP related. For the social aspect well gotta find you a clan. You mentioned being F2P so I'll assume you're on PC (unless they ninja updated consoles with F2P or I just wasn't paying attention) There's a lot of good clans out there with good people. I'm sure someone who reads this wouldn't mind bringing you into the fold. Now for real end game content well that could vary person to person. Once you've done all the pursuits except those you aren't willing to do it does pretty much come right back to a grind fest though. Arkfalls and sieges etc. Definitely should look into a clan. Way more fun that way unless you're of the sort to enjoy this game alone lol. They'll make the grind less tedious and plenty more fun.

Halfsand
08-07-2014, 10:18 AM
The games not gonna shut down in a month lol. Not unless Trion is hemorrhaging money on Defiance. As for what to do well Defiance is pretty much a grind fest. I'm very certain you've got a number of pursuits you can do (grind fest) that aren't PvP related. For the social aspect well gotta find you a clan. You mentioned being F2P so I'll assume you're on PC (unless they ninja updated consoles with F2P or I just wasn't paying attention) There's a lot of good clans out there with good people. I'm sure someone who reads this wouldn't mind bringing you into the fold. Now for real end game content well that could vary person to person. Once you've done all the pursuits except those you aren't willing to do it does pretty much come right back to a grind fest though. Arkfalls and sieges etc. Definitely should look into a clan. Way more fun that way unless you're of the sort to enjoy this game alone lol. They'll make the grind less tedious and plenty more fun.

I like the co-op dungeons and the final arkbreak warmaster fight. I think they are really cool and very well designed. For the co-op, is it possible to attemp them solo or with a group of real life friends without being randomly matched up? For the warmaster, is it possible to do them with fewer people, (ie. only with clan or friends without all the 30+ randoms) so that you don't feel like you're just a pawn in a large scale battle contributing very little or getting hijacked.

Btw I'm playing on PC NA.

I'll definitely look for a large active clan doing these dungeons.

I'm doing some of the pursuits, they are ok, a bit grindy, but otherwise they are fine. Don't really mind doing them, provided that I can use my "high" ego on something meaningful endgame.

Alastar
08-07-2014, 10:23 AM
For coops all you have to do is group up with 3 other people then initiate the map. For the war master just go call one down and rush in and hope people don't show up. Also if you're having that feeling of lack of contribution might I suggest adjusting your load out. There is an ego buff that brings you somewhat up to the threat level of the instance so you gain buffed damage and what not. Ensuring you are using appropriate weapons and nanos can further increase your efficiency :)

Halfsand
08-07-2014, 10:26 AM
For coops all you have to do is group up with 3 other people then initiate the map. For the war master just go call one down and rush in and hope people don't show up. Also if you're having that feeling of lack of contribution might I suggest adjusting your load out. There is an ego buff that brings you somewhat up to the threat level of the instance so you gain buffed damage and what not. Ensuring you are using appropriate weapons and nanos can further increase your efficiency :)

Gotcha, many thanks :)

1 more quick question: I noticed that there is a level for the weapons, but the stats are identical. Is there a difference between the weapon of high level and low level? Because I found some good purples early on in the game, and some later when I'm higher level. The weapon level seems to be when I found the weapon. If i use a level 20 weapon vs a level 1000 weapon, are they the same? I have level 20 purple weapons (detonators) with better mods than level 1000 detonator weapons.

RobDaCool
08-07-2014, 10:28 AM
Arkfall's and sieges mostly -I made an alt and can't think of any way's it's different from my main lol No real classes in this game.