PDA

View Full Version : My ratings on defiance and my only concern

LegendaryU2K
08-07-2014, 10:40 AM
I bought this game(9.99 gamestop) back in march of this year, didn't really start playing the game until what late may ( reason being was hooked on other games, one of them officially quitting finally 3 months ago / APB Crap reloaded. Good riddance ) . Anyways, i have 6 characters now and plan to buy some stuff from the store sometime next week ( well my gf is anyway, she also plays this game with one of her friends), and well i don't use credit cards . I'm a cash and wallet guy lol , so if i need something she will buy it for me ). Anyways, i really do enjoy this game, its open world fun, nice areas to explore, character creation is great ( even though i plan to make request later about them expanding it more ) and riding around is fun. So i rate defiance 9/10.

My only concern atm is the recent increase of buying keycodes from the lockbox is a disgrace and needs to change . I plan to make a few requests and things i want to see later in the other forum section, but if any dev is reading this, for the sake of the community please fix key codes prices like it was before. That's my only concern right now, other than that, defiance IMO is the best MMO game i played within the last 5 years. Keep up the great work and thanks for making a new map area and content. :cool:

Storm58
08-07-2014, 11:09 AM
...stuff...

Wow... .... ....

LegendaryU2K
08-07-2014, 11:16 AM
Wow... .... ....

what?..........

Cheeseface
08-07-2014, 11:24 AM
I like it too, I have a lot of fun. I don't mind the changes, I can see why they did it. Stuff is more valuable now, before nothing was since everything could become the best. I'm no forum veteran or in-game scion, I just play and have fun. I'm glad changes are coming, shows there's still people working on the game.

If there was one thing I could change about defiance I wish exploration was rewarded somehow. I mean, there's no hard to find places or anything, but there's such wide open spaces and there's nothing in them. I like those secret vendors.

I also wish there was race tracks and multiplayer races :p It seems like there was one at bug&chug but it's all messed up. someone should fix it!

Griffix8
08-07-2014, 11:25 AM
A rating of 9 out of 10? That's pretty optimistic...

As for making requests, good luck. We've been making requests for a long time and didn't get anywhere.

PeepSquasher
08-07-2014, 12:01 PM
The game has become a completely worthless cause from my view point. Nothing like introducing cool mechanics into a game and later using them to try and pinch players for more money. I totally foresee Defiance as a dying cause simply because alot of players are not going to tolerate these last updates changes. At least not at the extreme they went with all that over-nerfing of just about everything players work for.

Alastar
08-07-2014, 12:23 PM
Stuff isn't more valuable now lol. Decreasing availability doesn't necessarily increase value. All that's different is you have to grind harder and longer to play RNG lotto. Not more valuable. Just a bigger pain in the ***. If they actually increased the value that'd be a different scenario.

Dandrielas
08-07-2014, 12:26 PM
Stuff isn't more valuable now lol. Decreasing availability doesn't necessarily increase value. All that's different is you have to grind harder and longer to play RNG lotto. Not more valuable. Just a bigger pain in the ***. If they actually increased the value that'd be a different scenario.

This. The only thing that has changed is that it is now a pain in the *** to upkeep your guns.

drackiller
08-07-2014, 12:28 PM
You know, the dude is right but he does not have any idea of what he`s talking about.
The value is better for us, the veteran players that already have good to almost perfect weapons and some of us have them by the duzens and others by the hundreds.
I don`t have 371 item slots for nothing, i like shiny things and i hoard them like a greedy dragon.

Storm58
08-07-2014, 12:30 PM
A rating of 9 out of 10? That's pretty optimistic...

As for making requests, good luck. We've been making requests for a long time and didn't get anywhere.

To the OP... the "Wow..." I stated before, well, the quote above pretty much sums up my original quote.

DeadEye68
08-07-2014, 12:31 PM

Well, there's a guy somewhere on forums going great lengths to explain that loot chasing isn't about trying to get what's best but making do with the least crappy stuff you happen to come across, and that rare stuff shouldn't be better ... only extremely rare, kinda like some status symbol.

drackiller
08-07-2014, 12:35 PM
Well, there's a guy somewhere on forums going great lengths to explain that loot chasing isn't about trying to get what's best but making do with the least crappy stuff you happen to come across, and that rare stuff shouldn't be better ... only extremely rare, kinda like some status symbol.

yup , some new guys are just wierd...

Ps: not saying all the new guys.

Deunan
08-07-2014, 01:09 PM
...before nothing was since everything could become the best.I guess you really don't understand how the rarity bonus stat mechanics work regarding what constitutes a "best" weapon. That's somewhat understandable given that in most games, the color of the item really does mean that the weapon is better from color to color but that's not how it works in this game and it's something they've only taken baby steps to address.

If they not only fixed that but improved the rarity bonus stats a bit more from rare to epic and from epic to legendary, I wouldn't have as much a problem as I do with their crippling gear progression rates because at least then I know I would be working towards a sure thing in terms of getting a better weapon but they haven't and they most likely won't. Sometimes I think that they really don't seem to understand their game any better than you do.

N3gativeCr33p
08-07-2014, 01:15 PM
So i rate defiance 9/10.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r67/N3gativeCr33p/Michael-scott_zps74fdd4de.gif

Sounds to me like someone hasn't played a lot of solid 9/10 games in the past. Wow. Just wow.

DeadEye68
08-07-2014, 01:22 PM
yup , some new guys are just wierd...

Ps: not saying all the new guys.

Generalization is the bane of any community, works both ways. All newcomers aren't cut from the same cloth, just like all vets aren't all nice and reasonable sources of wisdom.

Bonehead
08-07-2014, 01:25 PM
I would give it a solid 6/10 overall.
I would rate the combat at 9/10 but too many bugs persist over a year after launch and far too little original, well written story content has been added.
The game seems to be wandering the wilderness since the original team was let go.
I hope it finds its way soon.

TAG
08-07-2014, 01:29 PM
You know, the dude is right but he does not have any idea of what he`s talking about.
The value is better for us, the veteran players that already have good to almost perfect weapons and some of us have them by the duzens and others by the hundreds.
I don`t have 371 item slots for nothing, i like shiny things and i hoard them like a greedy dragon.

The gift of giving is way sweeter.

N3gativeCr33p
08-07-2014, 01:37 PM

Now this, I agree with.

And honestly... if it ran better and had a slightly lower grindy feel to it, I would put that at an easy 7/10.

Storm58
08-07-2014, 01:43 PM

...been over a year now... how long are you going to keep that hope? *le sigh*

Bonehead
08-07-2014, 01:51 PM
...been over a year now... how long are you going to keep that hope? *le sigh*

I guess as long as I still enjoy playing it. I don't know for sure. That's a funny thing about me. I never know when something is going to be "over". One day just comes along like all the rest and *poof* it's over. When I disappear from here you'll know I either got perma banned or that day got here.

Ruinne
08-07-2014, 01:54 PM
I would refuse to review the game until they send me a finished copy.

Bonehead
08-07-2014, 01:59 PM
I would refuse to review the game until they send me a finished copy.

Looks like that's gonna be a while yet.

Storm58
08-07-2014, 02:14 PM
When I disappear from here you'll know I either got perma banned or that day got here.

Ooooh, if we are lucky, it will be both of those things in the same day! ;)

Bonehead
08-07-2014, 02:15 PM
Ooooh, if we are lucky, it will be both of those things in the same day! ;)

IKR? Pretty sure I am in the top 5 on ignore lists.

N3gativeCr33p
08-07-2014, 02:18 PM
Pretty sure I am in the top 5 on ignore lists.

No, no... pretty sure that's me. ;)

Storm58
08-07-2014, 02:18 PM
IKR? Pretty sure I am in the top 5 on ignore lists.

...and as I was bringing up Google to search 'IKR,' I got it...

Maybe I need to text more or something...

Bacon Overlord
08-07-2014, 02:21 PM
I would rate the combat at 9/10 but too many bugs persist over a year after launch and far too little original, well written story content has been added.
The game seems to be wandering the wilderness since the original team was let go.

Well, opinions vary.

Generally the skill at the game boosts the enjoyment, hence the overall rating.

At least, that's what I've seen.

People that can't figure out synergies, weapon upgrades, nano procs, upgrades to ratings, etc... well.. they generally rate the game lower.

Plus.. the ability to keep a crosshair on a boss while rolling or taking cover.. that's another big one.

Stuff like that should really be better covered in the tutorial and we'll have more folks saying 8/10 and higher.

Storm58
08-07-2014, 02:22 PM
Well, opinions vary.

People that can't figure out synergies, weapon upgrades, nano procs, upgrades to ratings, etc... well.. they generally rate the game lower.

Plus.. the ability to keep a crosshair on a boss while rolling or taking cover.. that's another big one.

Stuff like that should really be better covered in the tutorial and we'll have more folks saying 8/10 and higher.

Haha, you're silly... I like you...

N3gativeCr33p
08-07-2014, 02:24 PM
Haha, you're silly... I like you...

If you really want a laugh, go read his Defiance review on Steam. He generously provided a link to his profile in his signature.

Bonehead
08-07-2014, 02:29 PM
Well, opinions vary.

Don't get me wrong, It's facepalm easy. Just read the black parts.

Bacon Overlord
08-07-2014, 02:33 PM
If you really want a laugh, go read his Defiance review on Steam. He generously provided a link to his profile in his signature.

It's so cute when a troll tries to ply his trade.

Griffix8
08-07-2014, 02:34 PM
It's so cute when a troll tries to ply his trade.
You know you aren't making things better right?

DeadEye68
08-07-2014, 03:17 PM

You rate a game low, so you must suck at it ?

That's some of the most creative ad hominem I've seen in a long time.

As it is, Defiance is somewhere in the 5.5-6 range. Could easily be a niner if they managed to correctly channel it's potential.

Bacon Overlord
08-07-2014, 03:21 PM

As it is, Defiance is somewhere in the 5.5-6 range. Could easily be a niner if they managed to correctly channel it's potential.

I'm not sure how you could misunderstand my statement so I'm not going to go back and try to explain it. The point of it was that people that don't understand the game or aren't very good at it are more likely to condemn it. Ignorance breeds frustration.

To me it's a solid 8.5/10 compared to most other MMOs that claim to be a 8.5/10.

DeadEye68
08-07-2014, 03:27 PM
I'm not sure how you could misunderstand my statement so I'm not going to go back and try to explain it.

Oh, making ambiguous statements so you can take potshots whatever the answers you get are ?
You make -not so subtle- implications, yet fall back on a smokescreen because "you didn't say that" ?

Even better.

Bacon Overlord
08-07-2014, 03:29 PM
Oh, making ambiguous statements so you can take potshots whatever the answers you get are ?

Even better.

You're so far off-topic it's ridiculous. I don't feed trolls, sorry.

Pandur
08-07-2014, 03:32 PM
You're so far off-topic it's ridiculous. I don't feed trolls, sorry.

Damn I love the Irony. Popcorn isn't in anymore so I'll get some beer i guess.

Bonehead
08-07-2014, 03:33 PM

Nailed it.

Bonehead
08-07-2014, 03:35 PM
...and as I was bringing up Google to search 'IKR,' I got it...

Maybe I need to text more or something...

I suck at typing so I tend to take shortcuts. ;)

Bacon Overlord
08-07-2014, 03:37 PM

Nailed it.

See? Now you have the kids thinking you have a point when you completely misunderstood the text in my post.

Allow me to explain better (and slower) what, exactly the point of this post was:

People that aren't very good at a game, generally don't rate it very high. Frustration with the game causes them to not like it.

Hence, the rating they would give it.. is lower.

Including posts that list "reasons" as the reason for their low scoring matrix for the game as a whole.... when, in fact, the real reason for the low rating is their frustration with some specific aspect of the game.

As I said.

Pandur
08-07-2014, 03:39 PM
Oh this is great! Keep going I got my beer now!

DeadEye68
08-07-2014, 03:41 PM
People that aren't very good at a game, generally don't rate it very high. As I said.

"If you're not rating a game high you must not be good at it, otherwise you would rate it better", as you said.

Your communication skills may not be as good as you believe them to be. You really think implying stuff, and using a phony smokescreen will work ?

Bacon Overlord
08-07-2014, 03:43 PM
"If you're not rating a game high you must not be good at it, otherwise you would rate it better", as you said.

Your communication skills may not be as good as you believe them to be.

Only.. that's not what I said... so perhaps it's your reading comprehension that could use some work? I couldn't tell you specifically why you can't understand the simple English I typed. I even typed it in small words.

Sorry :(

Bonehead
08-07-2014, 03:45 PM
Sorry :(

No doubt about that.

Bacon Overlord
08-07-2014, 03:45 PM

Your communication skills may not be as good as you believe them to be.

I actually think the problem is causality. You think the CAUSE of the low rating is the lack of skill.. where the actual causal relationship stems from the lack of skill.. whereby frustration is the catalyst to someone expressing less specifics but more general opinion in a low rating.

drackiller
08-07-2014, 03:47 PM
I actually think the problem is causality. You think the CAUSE of the low rating is the lack of skill.. where the actual causal relationship stems from the lack of skill.. whereby frustration is the catalyst to someone expressing less specifics but more general opinion in a low rating.

You make me very confused, and i`m not easily confused.

Bacon Overlord
08-07-2014, 03:48 PM
You make me very confused, and i`m not easily confused.

I'll take your word for that.

Back to the subject? Anyone?

DeadEye68
08-07-2014, 03:48 PM

Still going at it ? Now implication is a matter of causality ?

Not working either. Come on, give me some real opposition.

Bonehead
08-07-2014, 03:51 PM
Still going at it ? Now implication is a matter of causality ?

Not working either. Come on, give me some real opposition.

He is really doing the best he can.

Pandur
08-07-2014, 03:52 PM

Last year I would have put it at 8/10 lackluster DLC's and generally lack of content put it at a 6/10.
Introduction of Arkforge and other bad decisions put it at 4/10.
Semi fixing some of it put it back at 5/10, latest nerfs put it further down to 3/10.

Since I understand the game and consider myself pretty good at it(How could you not be at 5k+ Ego, it's basically god mode now)
that would be a 1/10 on bacons scoreboard for the average player I think.

Oh my.

N3gativeCr33p
08-07-2014, 03:53 PM
Last year I would have put it at 8/10 lackluster DLC's and generally lack of content put it at a 6/10.
Semi fixing some of it put it back at 5/10, latest nerfs put it further down to 3/10.

Since I understand the game and consider myself pretty good at it(How could you not be at 5k+ Ego, it's basically god mode now)

Oh my.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1371421_o.gif

drackiller
08-07-2014, 03:57 PM

Oh my.

Now i can go sleep with a good disposition ;)

Ruinne
08-07-2014, 05:52 PM
Now i can go sleep with a good disposition ;)

Waitaminute, you have a crappy disposition all day just so you can have a good disposition at bed time?

I like the cut of your jib, sir.

I'm stealing that strategy.