PDA

View Full Version : After a short 10 day hiatus...

Reb Graybeard
08-07-2014, 11:39 AM
I come back to a broken game that only a fraction of my friends list, let alone clan, is playing. Mind you, the majority of this post is my opinion, but see that it is shared by many.

The mic chat {already mentioned in a couple other threads} is broken. Lag and discos are still extremely prevalent on the PS3 na servers. Lock box prices inflated to an asinine amount. Loot, ark forge, and key drops nerfed pathetically.

The new land "mass" that has been hyped for weeks on end is in a word, boring. I reckon, the only reasons I'll continue to visit are for pursuit requirements and dailys if warranted.

I kept track with the forums during my time away from the game. So, I knew what to expect. I wanted to experience it for myself before I passed judgement.

I've claimed in the past that I would stick with the game til the end. Poor implementation and constant changes in basic game mechanics and economies is making this very difficult to do.

The Company has once again failed in the simplest criteria of a successful business. "R&R" Repeat and Refer. Repeat business is one of the basic keys to a prosperous business model. Introduce things that will keep people "coming back" for more. In succeeding in that, the second "R" will follow suit. Happy players will refer a game to friends.

Disgruntled players will turn it off. My friends list proves this.

edispilfnairb
08-07-2014, 11:47 AM
I come back to a broken game that only a fraction of my friends list, let alone clan, is playing. Mind you, the majority of this post is my opinion, but see that it is shared by many.

The mic chat {already mentioned in a couple other threads} is broken. Lag and discos are still extremely prevalent on the PS3 na servers. Lock box prices inflated to an asinine amount. Loot, ark forge, and key drops nerfed pathetically.

The new land "mass" that has been hyped for weeks on end is in a word, boring. I reckon, the only reasons I'll continue to visit are for pursuit requirements and dailys if warranted.

I kept track with the forums during my time away from the game. So, I knew what to expect. I wanted to experience it for myself before I passed judgement.

I've claimed in the past that I would stick with the game til the end. Poor implementation and constant changes in basic game mechanics and economies is making this very difficult to do.

The Company has once again failed in the simplest criteria of a successful business. "R&R" Repeat and Refer. Repeat business is one of the basic keys to a prosperous business model. Introduce things that will keep people "coming back" for more. In succeeding in that, the second "R" will follow suit. Happy players will refer a game to friends.

Disgruntled players will turn it off. My friends list proves this.

Yeah I think you were one of only 6 people on my friends list on. Compared to the 28 that were on, same time, week before.

bigguy
08-07-2014, 11:48 AM
Hey bro , Sorry I didnt stop in last night the broken chat has me frustrated as all hell. Plus i didnt realize you were on until you were going off and couldnt message you fast enough.

Its easy to see that most of the playerbase is upset and cant stand whats going on but there are still some super fanboys who will troll us and call us whiners , It seems no matter how messed up and broken this game is they cant admit it and try to make fun of all the people who arent having fun anymore.

edispilfnairb
08-07-2014, 11:51 AM
Hey bro , Sorry I didnt stop in last night the broken chat has me frustrated as all hell. Plus i didnt realize you were on until you were going off and couldnt message you fast enough.

Its easy to see that most of the playerbase is upset and cant stand whats going on but there are still some super fanboys who will troll us and call us whiners , It seems no matter how messed up and broken this game is they cant admit it and try to make fun of all the people who arent having fun anymore.

We are all disgruntled Fanboys....LMAO

Reb Graybeard
08-07-2014, 11:54 AM
Yeah I think you were one of only 6 people on my friends list on. Compared to the 28 that were on, same time, week before.That's about how many I had on.

Its easy to see that most of the playerbase is upset and cant stand whats going on but there are still some super fanboys who will troll us and call us whiners , It seems no matter how messed up and broken this game is they cant admit it and try to make fun of all the people who arent having fun anymore.Yea, the chat being broken sucks.

The new land mass is boring as hell. **** it. I could go on and on, but it just isn't worth it anymore. We'll catch up soon.

DeadEye68
08-07-2014, 12:02 PM
I don't know how attendance stands for consoles, but Steam stats (as inaccurate as they may be) show a 35% decrease of players in the past seven days on PC.

Etaew
08-07-2014, 12:05 PM
I don't know how attendance stands for consoles, but Steam stats (as inaccurate as they may be) show a 35% decrease of players in the past seven days on PC.

Tbh it's still looking quite good: http://steamcharts.com/app/224600#All we are still quite happily sitting around launch numbers.

DeadEye68
08-07-2014, 12:10 PM
That was a week ago Etaew, put the zoom at one month and the trend will be visible. Numbers peaked on 7/28 and 7/29, since then they eroded from 11K+ to something in the mid 7K.

Etaew
08-07-2014, 12:20 PM
That was a week ago Etaew, put the zoom at one month and the trend will be visible. Numbers peaked on 7/28 and 7/29, since then they eroded from 11K+ to something in the mid 7K.

Ah there is some drop yeah, but I always expect that after each content release. You can see it represented on DD's graphs too: http://www.defiancedata.com/stats.php

Storm58
08-07-2014, 12:40 PM
Tbh it's still looking quite good: http://steamcharts.com/app/224600#All we are still quite happily sitting around launch numbers.

Woah... those stats are terrible... If I'm looking at them correctly, the average players was less than 500 from Feb through June, this year. The only thing that sent it up in July was the F2P thing, I'm guessing. Hell, a terrible game that becomes free I'd play just to see why it was so bad.

Probably explains the numbers for July are so much higher. Probably stay that way for about another month or two and then drop off severly again.

People say the game isn't dying... Should an online only game really have numbers that low (less than 500)? I mean, it looks like in July, a dying Defiance was given a shot of steroids to boost the heart and life capacity, but how many times can you do that before something just flatlines anyway?

Etaew
08-07-2014, 12:42 PM
Woah... those stats are terrible...

You have to take them with a pinch of salt, remembering that Defiance had a standalone launcher (and still does with Glyph) that aren't tracked through Steam.

konstantinov
08-07-2014, 12:46 PM
I'd like to see ps3 NA numbers.

HEY REB!

Storm58
08-07-2014, 12:47 PM
You have to take them with a pinch of salt, remembering that Defiance had a standalone launcher (and still does with Glyph) that aren't tracked through Steam.

True............................. (for 10 chars)

Deunan
08-07-2014, 12:51 PM
You have to take them with a pinch of salt, remembering that Defiance had a standalone launcher (and still does with Glyph) that aren't tracked through Steam.The influx of players we had in July was undeniably attributable to it finally being made available through Steam a month after the actual beginning of free-to-play so it's more like a grain of salt. It's not as if players that use Steam have radically different brain chemistry from players that don't. They all see the same thing because they're not that stupid. They are leaving the game because within weeks of playing they are seeing one bad development decision after another. They can read the writing on the wall.

Storm58
08-07-2014, 01:15 PM
The influx of players we had in July was undeniably attributable to it finally being made available through Steam a month after the actual beginning of free-to-play so it's more like a grain of salt. It's not as if players that use Steam have radically different brain chemistry from players that don't. They all see the same thing because they're not that stupid. They are leaving the game because within weeks of playing they are seeing one bad development decision after another. They can read the writing on the wall.

I am quite curious, how often/much do you play?