PDA

View Full Version : For the Record.

Bonehead
08-07-2014, 02:10 PM
For the record;

This was a post in another thread but I added some and I think it could stand repeating.

For the record;

I am a dry sarcastic son of a *****. I can come across as having a very negative view of this game at times. Tbh I do shake my head at many of the decisions being made regarding the management of this game and I do not know if it's going to be around as long as I would have liked. I know for a fact it won't be around in any kind of form I would have chosen.

But,

when all I take the time to look inside and just sit with it for a while quietly I always come back to the same belief.The folks over at Trion are doing the best they can with what they have to work with. I, in my heart of hearts, do not believe that Trick thinks of ways to piss us off. He comes by that talent quite naturally and every single time it happens, it's an accident.(To clarify, none of this paragraph is sarcastically meant. This is what my brain really thinks and what my heart really feels.) I think there is far too much we in the forum are unaware of to make any real solid conclusions about what the reasons are for what The defiance creative team does. I believe that most of the team really want to see this game thrive but they are and have been swimming up stream since the original sales were not what they had hoped for. I believe the direction the game is going now is not what the original plan was, and they have their work cut out for them to see that it survives. I believe the children are our future. (Okay that last sentence was a joke but you gotta admit, I was due for sure.)

They do some major change and the forums explode. Happens every time. That's just how it works. No need to take it all that seriously.

Do I wish SV was bigger? yes. You know what? I'll bet they do too.
Do I wish there was more story with better continuity and content? Yes. Again, I'll bet they do too.
So yea I can complain and question and gripe but you know what? If I didn't love this game, I wouldn't be here. Pretty sure the same can be said for a lot of them too.
Even with the changes to the rewards I can still come up with weapons I like using to have fun playing this game. There is still nothing quite like it out there yet and I will still recommend it to anyone without hesitation, just with a lot more qualification that I used to use.

I don't blame anyone for getting pissed off. It's frustrating when you have to re-learn the game every couple of months. Hopefully that will stop someday soon but until it does, and as long as I still like the game, I'm gonna keep surfing the chaos that is Defiance.

I've said it before but I don't think it can be overstated.
Special thanks to Scapes Kiwi and PT for the work and communication. You guys are the best and probably the only reason I'm still around. You show a lot of wisdom in knowing when to jump in and when to let us stew in our own juices for a while.
K that's plenty enough real **** outa me for a good long while.

Okay, cue the cute kitten gif

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/giphy4_zps4ed2dd94.gif

Alastar
08-07-2014, 02:12 PM
LOOKIT THE KITTY! :o

Bacon Overlord
For the record;

This was a post in another thread but I added some and I think it could stand repeating.

For the record;

I am a dry sarcastic son of a *****. I can come across as having a very negative view of this game at times. Tbh I do shake my head at many of the decisions being made regarding the management of this game and I do not know if it's going to be around as long as I would have liked. I know for a fact it won't be around in any kind of form I would have chosen.

But,

when all I take the time to look inside and just sit with it for a while quietly I always come back to the same belief.The folks over at Trion are doing the best they can with what they have to work with. I, in my heart of hearts, do not believe that Trick thinks of ways to piss us off. He comes by that talent quite naturally and every single time it happens, it's an accident.(To clarify, none of this paragraph is sarcastically meant. This is what my brain really thinks and what my heart really feels.) I think there is far too much we in the forum are unaware of to make any real solid conclusions about what the reasons are for what The defiance creative team does. I believe that most of the team really want to see this game thrive but they are and have been swimming up stream since the original sales were not what they had hoped for. I believe the direction the game is going now is not what the original plan was, and they have their work cut out for them to see that it survives. I believe the children are our future. (Okay that last sentence was a joke but you gotta admit, I was due for sure.)

They do some major change and the forums explode. Happens every time. That's just how it works. No need to take it all that seriously.

Do I wish SV was bigger? yes. You know what? I'll bet they do too.
Do I wish there was more story with better continuity and content? Yes. Again, I'll bet they do too.
So yea I can complain and question and gripe but you know what? If I didn't love this game, I wouldn't be here. Pretty sure the same can be said for a lot of them too.
Even with the changes to the rewards I can still come up with weapons I like using to have fun playing this game. There is still nothing quite like it out there yet and I will still recommend it to anyone without hesitation, just with a lot more qualification that I used to use.

I don't blame anyone for getting pissed off. It's frustrating when you have to re-learn the game every couple of months. Hopefully that will stop someday soon but until it does, and as long as I still like the game, I'm gonna keep surfing the chaos that is Defiance.

I've said it before but I don't think it can be overstated.
Special thanks to Scapes Kiwi and PT for the work and communication. You guys are the best and probably the only reason I'm still around. You show a lot of wisdom in knowing when to jump in and when to let us stew in our own juices for a while.
K that's plenty enough real **** outa me for a good long while.

Okay, cue the cute kitten gif

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/giphy4_zps4ed2dd94.gif

You felt the need to take this out of the pertinent thread and paste it here... because there wasn't enough negative threads? or... ?

N3gativeCr33p
Yes. I read that in the other thread already. It brought a tear to mah eye! lol